It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli army masses along Lebanon border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Understanding Points: Your doing it wrong.

My point was How much land has been lost in Egypt to Israel as oppose to how much land Israel has taken from Palestine.

Palestine part two? That would be because that is how Britain MADE the borders after WW1, with the Ottoman empire having collapsed. If you are going to tell somebody to learn history, learn it yourself.

www.pbs.org...

Or is PBS just Muslim extremist/ Palestinian sympathizers?

What you just said in that paragraph is the equivalent of saying Lebanon is just Syria part 2, and that Lebanon is part of Syria. Do you not realize that all these countries were created after the Ottoman empire collapsed? Before that it was just the Ottoman empire, not Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, etc.

Some people on this site man, insulting to our intelligence.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Actually the borders were made after WW1 and not WW2
But I agree people need to take a history lesson or two. If people did they would have a whole new understanding of what is going on today.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
>'People need to start waking up and as well as opening their eyes try their brains as well. Israel is not a nation of peace loving people and lets ask the big question, why is it that where ever people of the Jewish faith are there is always war, murder and mayhem. Start seeing Israelis for what they are and what they are really up to rather than trying to defend their criminal and genocidal actions.'

Geez MagicMushroom...

If you were to check your facts a lightly more closely, you would find that the honor of having 'always war, murder and mayhem' follow them statistically goes to Islam...

You know the religion of Peace thing.

When all of the propaganda is stripped back from the travails that Israel encounters... it always comes down to...

Jihadists, holy warriors.

I mean Hamas is totally getting waxed in Gaza...

But if you go look at what is being shown to the faithful on Al Jazerra, the holy warriors are, Allah willing, scoring victory after victory!

Against the Infidel, of course.

Your account seems biased big guy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Hey GrimReaper797!

Ahem...

We covered this, these bogus claims about land grabbing Israelis, yesterday.

Remember?

One of your buddies served up that hacked up SloMoGenocide!!!Bmp.jpg map...

And some of us pointed out that it didn't jive with the facts...

Remember?

Anyone can see that your basis for this greedy land grab is intentionally incorrect...

Not to mention... NOT correct historically.

Remember?

I can get those links out for you if it would help.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Israel using WP in a UN compound...that is news worthy. Israeli bombing run kills 40 people, almost all children, at school, to kill two guys shooting off mortar shells pretty close to the school. (Which it is suspected the men weren't killed and fled before the bombs hit)....that is news worthy.

You want people to stop reporting "critical" articles about Israel, maybe you should try to get Israel to stop screwing up so much when they drop bombs. If Israel used a bit more senses, and a bit more regard for human life, people like me, somebody who actually believes that Jewish people should have a national homeland, wouldn't be so "critical" of the Israeli government.

As of right now though, Israel, meaning the Israeli government, shows a complete disregard for Human life. That is why we are critical. This government that is suppose to be some sort of beacon of light for freedom in the middle east, is really just making things worse.

BTW, a couple guys lobbing 6-8 mortar shells, no injuring anyone in Israel, not really news worthy. Israel effectively starting an invasion of Gaza city, that is news worthy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

My bad, obvious typo, since I was talking about the ottoman empire.

Thanks for the correction.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

en.wikipedia.org...

mapsofwar.com...

Just....read....I...feel...like history...might commit....suicide...at this rate....urgghhh.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hey Grim, you found those links.

We can pick the conversation up from there...

Instead of using Israelisturnbabiesoverspits.jpg... ah, make that IsraelisDrinkBluuuddd!.jpg. No... that's NOT it... Oh Yeah...

The old SlowMotionGenocide.jpg.

(And you anti-Israel propagandists wonder why NO ONE TAKES YOU SERIOUSLY!
)

Speaking of NOT taking you seriously...

Are you saying that because Arabs are such bad shots (Not to mention, the worlds WORST warriors), that Israelis shouldn't defend themselves?

We are going to have to invent a new branch of logic to cover that...

Maybe we could call it Hyper Moronic modes of thought?

Nah... Needs a good acronym. I'll work on it.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The Israelis have indeed been land grabbing since they set foot into the country, to argue otherwise is silly. They continue to settle in what are indigenous arab areas even now hence the current conflict. The indigenous peoples have their homes and land taken on a daily basis. Even the Israelis admit this so why anyone here is saying its not true are just being silly. If Israel states the land is theirs by right and they are taking that land that must mean the indigenous people are being displaced from said land yes.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Sorry MagicMushroom...

Asked... And answered.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Hamas shows an even greater disregard for Human life, as does Hezzbolah, and every other terrorist organization, and almost all of them are Muslim.

Everyone who chooses to blindly ignore how wrong terrorism is shows a great disregard for human life.

People who claim that Israel is a terrorist state for acting in self defense show a great disregard for human life. Terrorism is blowing yourself up in a market, or on a plane killing innocent people who had nothing to do with supposed wrongs that are claimed. Terrorism is to go on a random killing spree in a hotel, torturing people without any reason or logic. Terrorism to to intentionally blow up a school full of children in a planned and organized manner.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Terrorism is the only weapon available to a nation that has no standing armed forces. The French resistance were freedom fighters to us but terrorists to the Germans.

In any nation that is invaded and occupide you have acts of terrorism or heroism depending on your view point.

No one disputes the results of terrorists acts but one must look at the reason for such attacks and not the results.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
>'Terrorism is the only weapon available to a nation...'

And THERE you have it.

Say... Does that explain why Gaza is being ground into dust as we speak?

Every form of refuge has it's price.

Unfortunately, the Arab world is feeding these poor fools an unending sheer fiction about how they're winning!

Absurdity cubed.

They're totally brainwashed fools... But why don't you see the absurdity Magic?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've read hoping to hear someone sum a few things up but maybe I missed it.
1) lots of talk about history here...so it must be important to the discussion so lets use history to address the deaths of innocent people which seem to be fodder for those talking about "war crimes" and such.
...we didn't have ATS or the internet during WWII but could you imagine the threads we would have regarding the U.S. fire bombing the hell out of Japan prior to dropping Fat Boy? But because we do have this new awesome tech. War is fought differently....Countries actually give a rats ass about public opinion to some degree, which of course has "saved" some people's lives.
Some of you seem to think that Israel is capable of losing any of these or potential wars. You expect Israel and others to fight wars with apendages tied behind their backs or "fairly"....Some have even said that Hamas is putting up a great fight.... Would it be easier to understand if...lets say...we didn't have the internet nor 24/7 propaganda news....now how many hours would the fighting last in Gaza if Israel took off the gloves?
What does it say about a Country that actually makes an effort to not wipe out innocent people? No country these days in this modern era can ignore public opinion entirely. The days of wiping out 80,000+ people with bombs are over...rejoice! But also get real and understand that Israel can't lose militarily....they can decide that public opinion is too stacked against them to continue some venture but it is their political decision to end any conflict. They could fight on every front against every middle east threat at the same time if they went old school on them.....I think if we had a "Gaza type" camera set up in the desert of Iraq during the shock an awe phase of that conflict you would get some sense of "bringing it".
-------so, at the very least, understand that Israel "does" care about the loss of innocent lives....whether you believe it is "humanitarian" or "political" and once you understand that....understand what they can bring militarily and understand that they "do" have restraint.
....debate the balance if you want. But stop the nonsense that they could lose a war militarily. Stop saying that they have no interest in sparing innocent lives.....hate them....love them....be indifferent....but start trying to be a little more intellectually honest with your self.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Res Ipsa]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Terrorism is the only weapon available to a nation that has no standing armed forces. The French resistance were freedom fighters to us but terrorists to the Germans.

This is such a crock of stinking dung, it is unbelievable that people would make this claim. Terrorism is not a weapon, it is a crime against humanity. What you are saying is that because they are a failure as a nation, they have a right to commit murder. Sorry, but that doesn't fly. What is obvious is that you care nothing about right and wrong. You condone murdering innocents, including women and children.

Do you have any links showing the French resistance blowing up market squares full of innocent people in suicide attacks? Blowing up schools full of children intentionally, and planned. This constant slandering of history was old long ago.

If you don't have armies, you don't start wars. Without the terrorism, the walls could come down, people could live near each other in peace.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There is a consistency in these Isreali / Palestinian threads, as you read through the temperature gets higher and higher as the arguements rage.

Invariably it is one side trying to legitimise ther atrocity by quoting the other sides atrocity. No -two wrongs o not make a right.

As for history - when will people forgive and forget. I'm from the UK - no-one likes is for what we have done to the various indeigenous people around the world. I'm not even going to apologies for things that have happened only 60 years ago - it was not my generation.

Yes the holocaust was horrific - the only difference between this and other historic attempts at genocide is that we had cameras to film what was going on.

There is a little bit of "chip on the shoulder" attitude here. In the current war, Israel are technologically far superior to the Palestinians - it sounds like the bully saying "I was only protecting myself".

I'm not condionging or justigfying these actions, but when Alex Ferguson comes on Match of the Day with the most expensive players art tyoip of the league and says "Everyone is being unfiar to me" - well it does sounf like that from Isreal.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Your post fell on its face so hard, plastic surgery couldn't make it look good.

I didn't even reference that stupid picture. Ive referenced, PBS, a wiki article, not for reference sake, just for yours since it is mostly accurate, and a short 90 second video for people like yourself.

Do you even read, or do you just like, hallucinate flawed arguments on the page so you actually have some ground to stand on?

What is your argument exactly? That Israel ISN'T killing innocent people? That Israel WASN'T created by mass legal and illegal immigration of Jews to Palestine? That Palestine DIDN'T exist?

You try to turn this into a "look its the terrorists" so you don't have to acknowledge the fact Israel kills innocent people, everyday.

I acknowledge the terrorists are bad. Anyone who wants to genocide people like the terrorists of hamas and such need to be stopped. Fact of the matter is though, THEY SUCK AT IT. They could hardly genocide a colony of ants, let alone the Jewish population. Meanwhile, you have Israel practically using laser guided missiles, killing plenty of people, for every amateur terrorist with an assault rifle.

Quit deflecting, quit derailing, and face the fact. Israel kills innocent people daily. Hamas tries to kill innocent people daily. That just makes them both scum. One of us is willing to admit that.

The Israeli government and Hamas are both terrorists and murderers, one side is just much more effective at it. But hey, you picked your side, go cheer them on, you don't give a damn about innocent people dying anyway.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yes that is terrorism, and so is blowing up a school killing 40 people, almost all kids, because a couple guys with some mortar shells, shot a couple off nearby. Forget the fact the the terrorists shot off the shells and left, so no terrorists were even killed in the bombing.

Terrorism causes fear among the innocent. Israel has done plenty of that for the innocent of Gaza. Hamas does plenty of that for the innocent of Israel.

The fact you call it self defense just makes me laugh. You don't walk into somebodies house, make yourself at home, then shoot them when they try to kick you out and call it self defense. That doesn't fly in the world of logic.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
OooooooKaaaay!

Any further news on the Lebanon border? Any close flyovers, any mortars, rockets, and movement by the Syrians, or any threatening by Hamas?

Anything?

Or was this just a prudent move to mirror the troop movement of Syria?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would like to know the same thing. This thread has gone so far off topic and turned into a bunch of diarrhea. Is there any real news about the Israeli buildup on the Lebanese border?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join