It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli army masses along Lebanon border

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.africasia.com...

That link is all ive found,it flashed up this morning on bbc news 24 as breaking news saying syria called for all arab nations to cut ties with israel and close down embassies for about 1 minute..then i didnt hear anything of it again on bbc news 24 and now its late at night.strange? or am i paranoid

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

The difference between terrorism, and what Israel is doing, is that Israel is not intentionally targeting school, they are going after the people firing off the mortars. The people firing off the mortars are using children as shields, and even worse, they are sacrificing the children to gain a few points in the political arena, and you fall right into the propaganda.

The people of Israel did not walk into the homes of the Palestinians. They moved next door, and up the street, and the radicals among the Muslim community decided that was unacceptable and vowed to push Israel into the sea.

Are you saying that Israel has no right to exist?

Nope, a search for more news about the situation at the Lebanon border didn't turn up anything. Hamas is refusing a cease fire deal, that's all I got.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, since all folks wanna do on here is argue semantics and contribute NOTHING to this alleged build-up of Israeli troops that cannot be verified by any news sources, might as well let this thing drift on off. Thanks for playing.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this thread I made tonight will sufficiently answer:
1. Israels terrorism of their own
2. Where I stand on Zionism
3. Where I stand on Palestinian violence
4. Where I stand on the right for their to be a Jewish state.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

"Are you saying that Israel has no right to exist? "

LOL...

Pathetic.

Please update your list of talking points - that one is a circa 2006.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

grim, I think by now everyone's familiar on your position on those elements.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Yeah, you quote an Israeli journalist, and then interpret what he says to what you believe he says, and then talk alot about how Israel wants its own state, and give your version of the history, but you never commit to whether or not you think Israel has a right to exist. Undoubtedly, Jews want their own state where they can make the rules, and guess what, there is nothing wrong with this. There are numerous Islamic nations where Muslims make the rules based on their morality, why can't there be an Israeli country where Jews make the rules based on their morality?

It is a simply question. Why can't you just give a simple yes or no answer? Maybe because when it comes down to brass tacks, you can't admit the truth even to yourself. This is the key question.

Do you think Israel has a right to exist?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Yeah, you quote an Israeli journalist, and then interpret what he says to what you believe he says,

LOL@ you calling Jabotinsky just some Israeli Journalist. He was the founder of revisionist Zionism, founder of Irgun, which became the basis for Herut/Likud, the MAJOR political party that dominated Israeli politics for centuries.

You are now the third Israeli supporter who has stunned me by their lack of ability to read and understand a post. Like, I am utterly stunned at your inability to read what I wrote and not understand it.

and then talk alot about how Israel wants its own state, and give your version of the history,

A claim you make with zero evidence....how surprising. If it is MY version of history, go prove me wrong. Until then, just more BS from the Pro-Revisionist Zionists. That is how I am going to be referring to your type from now own, since you aren't Israeli supporters or Zionist supporters, you are Revisionist Zionist supporters.

but you never commit to whether or not you think Israel has a right to exist.

Yeah, I do, you just have very limited reading abilities/probably didn't get to the end. But in your mind, simply claiming something is MY version of events, when all of it is well documented, is an argument, so I wouldn't expect you to be capable of much more.

It is a simply question. Why can't you just give a simple yes or no answer? Maybe because when it comes down to brass tacks, you can't admit the truth even to yourself. This is the key question.

Do you think Israel has a right to exist?

Heres the same out derailing argument from you Revisionist Zionists, hiding behind this question every time the truth starts getting tough.

I have made it pretty clear in my posts, but apparently I have to spell it out for you, a Jewish state SHOULD exist. I AM A ZIONIST, but I am no Revisionist Zionist like yourself. As far as Israel, it has as much right it does to exist as Palestinians have a right to fight for it. If the Revisionist Zionists want to take over the land and fight for it, I guess it has the "right" to exist, but that doesn't make it right in my book.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hmm, maybe this is news to you, but the reality is that all anyone can offer is there own perspective on things. No, I didn't read your whole drawn out thread, I have already done my own research, and developed my own perspective, and I really didn't see anything in your thread that was news to me. The whole tit for tat back and forth thing is ridiculous. It goes nowhere.

I just want you to answer a simple question, but you still refuse, and choose instead to continue to obfuscate. Do you believe Israel has a right to exist? I did not ask about a Jewish state called Palestine. I recognize that not all Israelis are innocents looking to survive, extremists within Israel did kill their own Prime Minister. You must think me to be quite the simpleton not to be aware of these things, or to recognize your consistency in dodging the question I am asking.

You are big on labels, but these labels are are trying to attach to yourself, others, and to me, are meaningless. You might as well call me a blue, and yourself magenta, or me cerulean, and yourself rose. No. no, no, I am Navy blue and you are more violet. Yes, yes, yes, that's it.

Sorry, but I am not a zionist in any form, I just think Israel has a right to exist, and I am sick of this deluge of anti-Israeli propaganda. Israel does exist, and changing it's name wouldn't solve anything. Israel does have a right to defend itself, and when Hamas started firing rockets into Israel, and continued to fire rockets into Israel against all efforts to get them to stop, they forced Israel to act to defend itself, as is Israel's right. Now rockets have been launched from Lebanon, forcing Israel to establish a defensive position there, and the war mongers who seem intent on ceaseless attacking Israel once again strike out in their campaign against Israel with the propaganda war.

When we start seeing Muslims around the world protesting against the brutal acts of terrorism that Islamic extremist visit upon people around the globe, then we will have begun to make progress. As obstinacy and obfuscation seem to be the way people choose to go, it looks like hostilities will continue to increase. This formula almost always produces the same result.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Anybody got any news on this other than PRESSTV? Looks like this whole 9 page thread has been based on a bugus news report LOL. Hilarious...and folks get all worked up over nothing. Heck, no one is even discussing the original topic anymore so it must be bs.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The people of Israel did not walk into the homes of the Palestinians. They moved next door, and up the street, and the radicals among the Muslim community decided that was unacceptable and vowed to push Israel into the sea.

No, they raised the homes of the Palestinians to the ground, then built their own homes ontop of the rubble!

Here's a question I'm sure you will enjoy ignoring or avoiding:

How many Palestinian homes has Israel bulldozed in order to prepare the choicest plots of land for illegal Israeli settlements?

'moved next door' ... Your denial of reality continues unashamedly. Are you simply deluded or do you know you are lying and don't care anyway?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Sorry, but I am not a zionist in any form, I just think Israel has a right to exist

I don't really need to respond to the rest of your post. This one sentence should suffice when pointing out the illogical thought pattern you display.

You aren't somebody who believes that the a Jewish state, now known as Israel, should exist, but you think Israel has the right to exist. Really?

It's pretty obvious you can't read as I made it pretty clear about my belief of whether or not Israel has the right to exist. Israel does not HAVE to be in Palestine to exist. If you don't agree with that, it is only because you believe that they are entitled to the land because it was once theirs...and that is the definition of a revisionist Zionist. They must have that land, at any cost.

I'm all for a Jewish state, and I'm all for a state called Israel. I am not for a Jewish state in Palestine, for a variety of reasons. The Holy Lands should be put in the hands of International government, and the rest of Palestine should go to the Palestinians, like it was promised to them as they fought with the British in WW1 against the Ottoman empire.

edit: The fact you are still claiming Israel is acting in self defense moves you from uniformed to an enforcer of ignorance. You don't even care about the facts, you just hate the Muslims, its pretty obvious when you read your posts.

You say you aren't a Zionist but you believe Israel should exist. That makes it clearly obvious you just want the Jews to do the dirty work of the West, by fighting with the Muslim extremists. You don't care about the Jewish people or there state, you just care about your own personal agenda.

Id rather you be a Revisionist Zionist then a shady supporter of war to further your own countries gains in the region by the elimination of opposition. At least the revisionist Zionists have some moral basis, I can't say the same for your standpoint toward middle eastern affairs.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just as I thought, you don't believe Israel should exist, or not anywhere where Muslims have conquered, because Islam will never give up anything, and if that means murdering innocents, including women and children, you are all right with that as well. I think it is important that we brought that a little more out in the open.

Palestine had the choice between peace and war, they chose war, and they lost. You choose war and you lose, you have no one but yourselves to blame. Israel has been more than kind to Palestine, extending the olive branch of peace over and over again, only to have it thrown back into their face. It is the same with Muslims everywhere. You might think you have fooled the people of the world, but you are only fooling yourselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What I want is not to live near people willing to harbor terrorists. I want to live near people I can trust with a certain level of humanity. It is not just Israel, it is all over the world, and as the numbers of Muslims have increased in Europe, they have grown bolder and more aggressive. This isn't just an Israeli and Palestinian thing, it is a world wide problem, and the people who think murderous terrorist have a right to do what they do are only making it worse.

Lebanon would be smart to stop any further missiles to be launched from their territory, because the West will side will Israel should they see Lebanon getting involved. If you had any brains at all you would realize that the people who are not speaking out will not be so kind as Israel.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

All I can say is that your world view and ability to understand other peoples words is so twisted and off base, I don't know how you formulate opinions in a modern society.

I really don't even need to argue your post, your post debunks itself and enforces mine in the process.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You've got to admit Poet1b has some valid points.

That you can dismiss them so easily, is truly sad...

To me it reveals a lack of interest in the true basis of the problem.

Hmm.... What could that POSSIBLY be? (Darfur, Mumbai, Paris, Israel... )

Do I really need to list them all Grim?

Has ANYONE noticed...

I can NEVER get an answer to the question:

Do you believe Israel has a right to exist?

Speaks volumes...

[edit on 17-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

I actually started reading your post going "whhhattt??" then saw it was you and it suddenly made sense. Throughout this thread, you have made the same illogical statements. Of course you agree with his points, they are just as flawed as yours on a logical basis.

I can't go any further than that as you cannot explain a logical point to an illogical person. I have tried many times in the past, and it is indeed impossible. I could try to explain my points to you, and I actually have, but expecting you to understand them is to expect too much.

Hopefully other people in the thread at least can look at the discussion and see the situation a bit clearer.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Illogical person?

You flatterer you!

Would it be rude of me to interupt this version of A Beautiful Mind, solving problems that ONLY YOU can understand... that ONLY YOU can see...

Being that I'm a lowly mere mortal with an obviously flawed mind, am I allowed to point out the that you are serving up a...

Very self-serving CIRCULAR argument.

Handsome delusion you wrap yourself in... AND project onto others.

Nice and cozy.

(Psst... Anyone notice STILL no answer.)

Hey... I've read your 'manifesto'...

When's the book coming out?

Maybe you could title it 'Bad Jew! Bad Jew!' and have a picture of you smacking one of those Zionist dudes on the head with a rolled up newspaper...

Maybe you can get Theodore K to write the foreword.

Have you considered getting off your soapbox and instead of preaching (/providing a 'knowledgeable' basis for) HATE...

A little more CHILL... A little more COMPASSION.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

There are actually quite a few people on ATS who can grasp the fact I answered your question. There are quite a few who grasp my argument and understand I'm not bringing any crazy claims to the table, just posting a collection of information and breakdown of information.

Your posts continue to show how ignorant you are when you read my posts next to yours, because, like some fellow trolls hear, you aren't even reading and its as though you have your bashing reply cooked up before Ive even posted my own response. Its like you are an automated message because regardless of what I was going to say, you were going to say the same thing, because your posts, and the things you say, often go in direct contradiction of the standpoint I took and made clear.

But hey, you and poet1 can star each other into anti-Arab oblivion.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Dude... NOT that hard a question.

Do YOU believe Israel has the right to exist?

(Psst. We're looking for a 'Yes'/'No'
)

The fact that you are being engaged in CONVERSATION on the ISSUES...

And you've been challenged repeatedly on the contents of your post...

Your responses seemed to be limited to repeatedly calling folks stupid...

You've been called out on the portrayal of your positions...

You resort to the ultimate cop out for someone who has been confronted with the absurdity of your nonresponses...

'trolls'...

That is TRULY sad for someone portraying themselves as some type of savant...

Automated responses...

What is your address on Delusion Avenue?

I can't speak for ANYONE else...

But the ONLY thing I am is ANTI-CARNAGE.

The ultimate bottom line premise you are pushing is some ridiculous cause celebre for TERRORISTS behavior...

Blame the Jew!

But it doesn't deal with ANY of the OTHER flashpoints... the common demoninator being MUSLIM EXTREMISM (read the norm for Muslims against EVERYONE ELSE).

I can totally understand why you refuse to engage on so simple a topic, because when you pull on the string it TOTALLY unwinds the nonsense you're peddling.

But I'm weird... I still like hearing about it...

And THAT my friend is what is awesome about ATS!

I view you resorting to words with negative emotional attributes such as 'illogical', 'ignorant' and 'troll!' (my favorite
) as simply the frustration in being UNABLE TO MAKE YOUR CASE.

You dig?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by golemina]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join