It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli army masses along Lebanon border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
But you guys are basing all this on a bogus news source. Israel massing troops on the Lebanese border prpeapring for an iminent invasion. If that were the case then this talk would be relevant.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Israeli collapse?

Only in YOUR dreams.

How many wars were there in Lebanon in 2006?

The one I witnessed had the IDF standing on the banks of the Litani.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Israeli collapse?

Only in YOUR dreams.

How many wars were there in Lebanon in 2006?

The one I witnessed had the IDF standing on the banks of the Litani.

The Litani river? That's where the Israelis lost a bunch of tanks and got flanked that caused the support infantry to stampede.

What was it the commanding Israeli general called his soldiers....'wet rags'.

[edit on 083131p://pm3149 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So if they were to lose a fighter in Gaza would that be an 'ass kicking' by Hamas also?

I know that Arabs are the absolute WORST warriors on the planet MasonWatcher, but you need to get a more accurate standard as to what is a victory/defeat...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I know that Arabs are the absolute WORST warriors on the planet

If Arabs are the worst warriors on the planet, why is such a heavy hand needed?
Surely with superior warriors you would have superior tactics that would involve no civillian casualties at all would it not?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Sometimes, but not often, some of the poorest fighters are also the most stupid. The only thing they seem capable of is starting fights, and getting their asses kicked.

It's an odd phenomenon, but periodically shows up now and then.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Israel has existed for thousands of years. Muslims invaded Israel. The Palestinians speak of Israel killing their children while brainwashing their children to blow themselves up for Allah. They are hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
>'If Arabs are the worst warriors on the planet, why is such a heavy hand needed?
Surely with superior warriors you would have superior tactics that would involve no civillian casualties at all would it not?'

'No civilian casualties...'

Reality check?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

You see, that's the problem with being stupid. You often require a lot more convincing than do normal, rational, prudent people.

So when dealing with stupidity, it often requires increasingly heavy-handed tactics.

There's just no fixing stupidity.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yeap Dooper.

I mean how MUCH proof do you need that the IDF/IAF is a mean bunch of serious MFers?

I figure a couple dozen more wars...

(It's really not funny
)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by munkey66

Sometimes, but not often, some of the poorest fighters are also the most stupid. The only thing they seem capable of is starting fights, and getting their asses kicked.

It's an odd phenomenon, but periodically shows up now and then.

You did not respond to my earlier post where I mentioned that Israel lost twice to Lebanon in very recent history. In 2000 Israel fled from Lebanon after having occupied it since the 80's, and in 2006 they fled from Lebanon after just a few months. Surely Israel wouldn't want to try again so soon would they?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ok Leto...

Why don't you enlighten us with the details about 2006? How do you come away with the IDF losing?

Was it the accounts of Hezbollahs fearless leader...

(I thought I covered that with the IDF standing on the banks of the Litani thing...
)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

Leto, your claims that Israel lost to Hizballah is a bit confusing.

Israel lost five tanks. 119 men.

Hizballah lost 600 men.

If that's your idea of an asskicking by Hizballah, then you go right on ahead and think that.

I will say the Israelis uncharacteristically made a few mistakes, likely due to political restraints. But the Israelis never make the same errors twice, and these problem areas have been addressed.

I think if it occurs again, Hizballah will lose worse than they can believe. And by the way, it's real easy and real brave to dress in civilian clothes and do your fighting.

On top of that, you get to claim that more "civilians" were killed, and don't have to claim your Hizballah as dead. Makes the numbers look better.

That way you get a lot of innocent civilians killed.

But like with Hamas, Hizballah doesn't give a $#!T about civilians.

That's something to really be proud of.

Good for you.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Leto

Hizballah lost 600 men.

If that's your idea of an asskicking by Hizballah, then you go right on ahead and think that.

I will say the Israelis uncharacteristically made a few mistakes, likely due to political restraints. But the Israelis never make the same errors twice, and these problem areas have been addressed.

I think if it occurs again, Hizballah will lose worse than they can believe. And by the way, it's real easy and real brave to dress in civilian clothes and do your fighting.

On top of that, you get to claim that more "civilians" were killed, and don't have to claim your Hizballah as dead. Makes the numbers look better.

Good for you.

Twice Israel has invaded Lebanon each time with a different goal, and twice they were sent back home having accomplished absolutely nothing except countless innocent deaths. I'd say that's two losses, wouldn't you agree?

You seem to be claiming that the high number of innocent casualties isn't to be trusted, that soldiers can easily dress as civilians. Well I for one would like to see how a soldier can dress as a 3 year old boy. Seems to me that would be pretty hard to do, wouldn't it? Some of the innocent civilians killed were even younger than that.

Do you by any chance believe the Red Cross lies whenever it reports that hospitals are filled to the brim with injured children and women from Israel's attacks?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Leto]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Leto

Hizballah lost 600 men.

Good for you.

I think people are confused here on what a victory is and isn't.

The Israelis did not accomplish all of their objectives.

Somehow this in turn causes others to conclude that the Israelis didn't "win" so they must have lost.

The problem is that Hezbollah didn't accomplish any more resolution than the Israelis, both are still capable of attacking the other.

In earlier times, this would of been called a Draw. Neither side accomplished any resolution. The conflict has still not been resolved. Both sides still have the capability to attack the other. No one surrendered. No one capitulated.

In other words no one in the end really won. Hezbollah cannot take credit for anything.

[edit on 14/1/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

They let (IDF) them reach the Litani after the cease fire. It was an imperative goal for IDF, without it, it would have been a catastrophe.

UN are now between Litani and the border.

The losses on Israeli side were a shame. The Golani units were humiliated. they had to fight back with fragmenting bombs and again forbiden weapons in civilian zone.

They lost many choppers...reported to be all accidental losses.

And a brand new Ship received a missile on the bridge. Busting a chopper on the deck and killing 4.

IDF made a nice commando operation, reported to be in order to capture iranians instructors......but mostly to recover prisonners made by Hizballah.

If Israel wants to take Iran, it must secure its own border first, that is maybe why they are attacking Gaza strip now.

2006, did anyone won ? not civilians, Lebanon lost, Hizballah won, Israel didn't won. USA lost.

Usa lost, because each building, bridge, school destroyed By IAF in Beyruth, Hizballah posted pannels '' Made in USA '' and was presented all around the world (Except Faux and co), each days the operation was going on.

Israel bombed on UN position killing supposed allied servicemen, like Canada. Many foreigns from friendly nation visiting in Lebanon, were killed by IAF.

Hizballah is rearmed, still there, and the day IDF went back their side the border, Hizballah putted their flag back on the israeli nose.

Things are going get worse before they get better.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So Leto this analogy thing of yours seems to center around Israel not achieving what it wanted... constitutes a 'loss'.

Using that brilliant basis, then surely the USA lost WWII?

A lot of us are convinced that WWII was a diversionary tactic for the Japanese to land two divisions of salesmen, just south of Seattle.

Leto, I think maybe you've spent too much time reading your monthly Jihads Are US publication and have gotten seriously lost in their rhetoric.

You dig what I'm saying brother?

Meanwhile, back to our theme du jour...

There's NO WAY Hezbollah wants to do anything more than what they are doing...

Yacking like the fierce jihadists they are.

PS So, Nimrod, you're basically saying the Hezbollah can basically fabricate any tilt at windmills result it wants.

My personal favorite moment was the mileage Hezbollywood got out of that one little dead baby... You could hardly notice the freezer burn.

Hezbollahs total trashing of the IDF gets better with every recounting...

It was the mother of all defeats!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

So Leto this analogy thing of yours seems to center around Israel not achieving what it wanted... constitutes a 'loss'.

Using that brilliant basis, then surely the USA lost WWII?

A lot of us are convinced that WWII was a diversionary tactic for the Japanese to land two divisions of salesmen, just south of Seattle.

Leto, I think maybe you've spent too much time reading your monthly Jihads Are US publication and have gotten seriously lost in their rhetoric.

By the time the U.S. joined the war it was practically already over anyways. Now that you mention WWII that just reminded me that Israel is making the same mistakes Hitler's Germany did. He thought he was so mighty that he could fight on all fronts and look what that accomplished.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Leto]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It's just SO personally disappointing that the Jihadist supporters are just one trick ponies...

So desperate for anything bearing ANY resemblance to a VICTORY that pretty much anything goes (or is said
)

Grinding their axes with little concern for veracity. (Which is why the average guy in the West doesn't give a rip, the Arabs unending mendacity has cost them and pretty rendered their target audience callous beyond redemption)

The only people still really listening... is us honest observers...

For the record, USA boys showed up at a crucial pivotal period in the European theater in WWII. Not that there's a real concern for the facts.

For the record, the IDF kicked ass in Lebanon in 2006. To hide their true humiliation, Hezbollah switched a huge portion of the body count to the civilians casualties column. (Shhh!!! It's a secret.)

Oh sigh! Such is the lot of us honest observers.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

For the record, the IDF kicked ass in Lebanon in 2006. To hide their true humiliation, Hezbollah switched a huge portion of the body count to the civilians casualties column.

If hizballah was targetting civilians the death toll would have been much greater. Clearly they were aiming at IDF military. Hizballah did not target hospitals, schools, homes, UN buildings, airports...etc. An example Israel should follow.

If Israels intention was to target Hammas (a minority group) they wouldn't be attacking with a bombardment of huge missiles, cluster bombs and chemical weapons on a densley populated civilian area and would be using a little more discretion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join