It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS 'wristwatch' maps kids whereabouts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No worries, mate. I knew that some people would see through the charade and the slick marketing to understand what this is.

Conditioned, controlled, compliant suppression of free will.

You're exactly right. Tomorrow's lawmakers will already be comfortable wearing these wristlocators and will make sure that they will be law, not an optional choice.

Thanks for your support!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I find this personally disgusting.

It is well known the satanic CIA is involved in child kidnapping, trafficking, prostitution, and human sacrifice.

You may decide not to believe it, but the former head of the FBI in California does.
Their actions have now scared parents into thinking a child tracking device is a good thing.
These children will grow up thinking it is a normal part of life, and therefore, will not hesitate to impose it on their own children.

We are only cattle to the elite, and they will make damn sure it gets worse too. Anyone who thinks their quality of life is somehow going to improve in the future under the rule of the satanic elite is a fool.

[edit on 12/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
www.ascentofhumanity.com...

Technology, which resists the ordinary processes of nature, is mirrored in our psychology as a resistance to the ordinary processes of life. Our internalized dictator—the voice of culture—judges and filters our every feeling and emotion, clinging to the good and weeding out the bad. Attachment and aversion: precisely what Buddha identified as the origin of suffering. The internalized dictator that seeks to maintain and extend control over our every thought and emotion is nothing less than an Orwellian Big Brother, who is always watching. The Thought Police are always on patrol in this ultimate tyranny of the finite part of ourselves over the infinite.

Yet on the other side of despair is fullness and an urgency to live life beautifully. We can choose a different world—the "more beautiful world our hearts tell us is possible" and to which I have dedicated this book—but to choose it we must be familiar with what we are choosing. We must be fully cognizant of the world we have chosen up until now. Knowing the pain of the world fills me with energy and confirms the rightness of my life's direction. Otherwise what would stop me from occupying my hours with the trivial and the vain, staying comfortable for as long as possible until I died? We need not avert our gaze from ugliness and pain in order to live a happy life. Ignorance is not bliss. Quite the contrary: the more we insulate ourselves, the weaker we become, the less able we are to take on reality. The more we numb and defer the pain, the more afraid of it we are, until we willingly submit to confinement in the (temporarily) secure, predictable, controlled semblance of life our society offers

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
when a whole generation of kids get used to this device, it will be very easy to convince those future adults to have one indefinitely.

then everybody will be tagged, monitored and controlled. we already live in a surveillance society and we got used to it. the next step is around the corner.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I Flag'd & Star'd your thread, very good to bring this topic out.

I always respect fellow member's writings, whether I agree or not.

I appreciate your argument AGAINST these locators, and understand your disapproval, and reasons.

Please hear what I have to say:

My beautiful, young cousin, Bridgett (21) was harrassed, stalked, abducted at gunpoint, held against her will overnight, and MURDERED!

THEN, the 'man' who did it (robert bevington, 63), when he was finished with her, set his filthy place on fire, and shot himself to death!

Our family was hurled back to the stone age, in terms of grief, shock, and disbelief...

Upon hearing the news Bridgett was missing; we were very concerned.

Upon finding out that her known stalker may be involved; we were panicked.

When the detectives arrived, asking for Bridgett's dental records, (because two bodies had been recovered from an all-consuming fire), we were in shere terror!

We buried a small urn containing Bridgett's ashes at the funeral.

If you could see what a gorgeous girl, a good girl, a family girl Bridgett had been in our lifetime, you would be extremely sad & heartbroken.

Reading your thread, I wondered if technology like this could have saved Bridgett's life- in which case I whole-hardedly support the choice to implement it. But there would need to be other human factors involved, to better increase the chances of a person's survival in a life-threatening ordeal such as what Bridgett suffered.

To name a few:

1).The local police would need to be informed of any unusual behavior by a suspected stalker or sex offender, and proper documentation filed against said individual in the way of a restraining order.

2). Common sense dictates that a parent of a child, teen, or adult still living at home require regular check-ins by phone from thier kids, as well as posted schedules of work or activities that put the kids in the public.

3). Have a close-knit group of family, friends, co-workers, fellow students, neighbors, teachers, etc. all in-the-know, if a possible threat exists, and everyone's phone numbers shared, to act as sort of "Minute Men" in the event of a problem.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I am NOT a parent, and don't intend to be, so I have only my imagination to show me what parents go through, trying to safeguard thier children.

But I DO know from personal experience, that the world is full of predators who hide amongst us, and surely it's a fine line, being concerned for safety, and crossing over into communism, facsism, totalitarianism, and "Big-Brotherism"...

Good luck, and God bless.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

"Reading your thread, I wondered if technology like this could have saved Bridgett's life"

After reading what Bridgette's killer did to her;

Bridgette would have had her arm hacked off. The alert that indicates the bracelet was removed would not ever have gone off, as it would likely still be attached to the amputated arm.

The same would likely have to a child who is preyed upon by a pedophile.

*This will be used to justify dermal implantation of a chip that serves the same purpose. They will say the killer won't know where it is located, so you don't have to worry about him hacking off little Johnny's arm - Johnny's Parents will choose the chip once the first 'News' stories are played about the victim's arm being removed...

It is all so sickeningly Orwellian.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
There will be a device that you scan over someone which shows where the device is located. Of course these will be had by the nefarious types that prey on people.

We have to learn to take care of ourselves and those that can't care for themselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's actually true, many people feel comfortable getting these 'chips' installed under or in their pet's skin. It's only a matter of time before this becomes a normal part of life and forced upon everyone.

The wristband is only the starting line.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Ok, I understand your concern BUT I don't agree. As for "mandatory" use with adults for tracking purposes - I can't for the life of me understand why the govt would want to. The mere logistics and overhead of that type operation would be staggering! What purpose would it serve? The govt has plenty of means of tracking people now.
You set up a tracking lead everytime you go online, buy something with a credit card or make a phone call. I don't see how this old technology idea to track your kids is such a "big brother" threat!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If you carry any mobile phone around with you, you have already given the government the means to track you within a few hundred meters, it's probably technical possible to tens of meters. You don't need to make a call just have your phone switched on. Companies already provide this for a fee, I reckon the mobile operaters provide less to this companies than they could.

At least 1 murderer have already been convicted with the help of a mobile putting then in area of the murder and in the area where the body was dumped.

This just provides it in a more useful form for the individual.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
When a child is under the age of about 14-16, their safety is more important than their personal liberty.

Simple as that.

A 4 year old has no need for personal liberty and privacy against invasion by his/her parents.

Governments should never be able to track anyone; but parents should be allowed to keep a tab on their children.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
The paranoid people on this thread are the ones that want this device for their children.

TV has really messed you people up hasn't it?

Vas

No, TV hasn't messed with me one bit. Life experience has messed with me. Being abducted as a young child has messed with me. Knowing children who were taken and abused has messed with me. Guess what, the big bad government guys who have child sex rings weren't involved with my personal abduction or with the things that happened to people I know, so excuse me for believing that bad things DO happen to children, I've only experienced myself one too many times.

My true take on it is this, Big Brother is coming. There is NO WAY we can stop it, period. It's happening. This may or may not be a small part in bringing it on, but for now, I'd use the technology on my children, I've already considered looking for something that could be attached to the inside of clothing or such, you know, not so easily found and discarded. The fact is, right now, right this minute, my kids are my number one priority and I will do whatever I can to protect them and keep track of them. Big Brother is going to do what he wants regardless, you may think us "paranoids" are blind to it, that's not quite true, not in my case at least, I see it, I recognize it (shoot, even that new "Monopoly" game has it's part in the whole thing) but for now, I will use what I can to assure my childs safety as much as I can.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow I would hate to live my life always being scared.

Life comes with risk! There is not a child molester lurking around every corner just waiting to snatch up your children.

Allthough I can see why we think that there is. Every time I turn on the news I see that another 5 kids are missing. Fear mongering at its best.

This world is not perfect. The more we try to be perfectly safe, the less freedom we have.

Plus what parent leaves their 6 year old alone to be kidnapped?

I know people want the best for their kids, but there are always dangers. We can't prevent them all. Just quit worrying about the murders and kidnappings and live!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by Blogstalker
Or just save being able to take off the wrist band and inking the child with a barcode, just imbed a microchip at birth.

Yeah, that will be likely to happen. Discrete microchips with your details in the form of electronic zeros and ones.

You guys are skirting a topic that is already in exsistance. I remember reading recently about some European countries implementing an implanted microchip that holds your financial, medical, criminal histories, all scanned off the back of your hand or something.

There have been ideas like this around for awhile, but there have always been people who have considered it to be a "Mark of the Beast," and been against it.

If you think that a microchip like that couldnt track your every move, your wrong.

As far as the child locating watch, give me a break! What ever happened to good old responsibility? Are we forgetting here folks that mankind has thrived across the planet for thousands of years without this watch? You think kids from the stone ages had any less dangers than today? They had pedifiles back then too, I'm sure. AND SABERTOOTH TIGERS! And they survived, so I say throw the watch idea in the garbage and pay attention to your kids!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
As for "mandatory" use with adults for tracking purposes - I can't for the life of me understand why the govt would want to. The mere logistics and overhead of that type operation would be staggering!

All the government would need is a large database with lots of storage space. What's so tough about that?

This is a conspiracy website. Plenty of us here can think of many reasons why the government would want to track your every move.

I'll leave you to it and see what you come up with.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What happens when your implanted gps/credit/info chip decides that you've been designated for termination as part of the population control. If you run, they'll find you, you can't work, buy, or interact because everyone will know your designation when their locators tell them you are on the run. Wait a minute that was a movie. Or was it. Maybe it was a foregleem into the future via the movie illumiati cohorts. I hope I'm just dreaming all this!:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Tracking people via this type of technology is only 1 grain on an entire beach. If you consider everything that the government has on you already - and a GPS system is freaking you out - then you are a true nut.

The thing you are not considering is that the government created the artificial person that is you (no I'm not talking about ALL CAPITAL LETTER BS) because your name is just a fictitious entity under law for purposes of doing business and business with the government. The government knows nearly everything about you already.

You were created by your birth certificate, of course. Capital letters don't mean anything. It's the alphabetic representation of you that is the important thing. That textual name is how you operate within the confines of the government. Without it, you are not recognized at all and are not welcome. Why do you think you need to show your birth certificate when you are right there standing in front of the government?

You can even register yourself as other fictitious entities by filling out a "Doing Business As" form with your state if you want, or you can legally change your primary textual avatar though the legal system.

The government knows everything about you that matters. It knows your family, where/when you were born, where you live, where you work, what you drive, how much you make, your education level, etc...

The only way to escape the government's view is to go "off the grid" where you will receive no benefits of a civilized society.

That is the trade that you make. It's the trade we all make - even the ones who are complaining about it... but they are the biggest hypocrites of them all.

If the government wanted to kidnap you and kill you, they certainly don't need a GPS tracking system to do it. There are much easier and cheaper ways - broadcasting that you are a serial killer on the news for example will have your location reported the moment you step foot in a civilized area of the country.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
You clearly are not a parent of small children.

You're clearly wrong, Leo.

I would never use this on my children. To buy one of these wristwatches means that I am supporting the idea of controlled monitoring.

Relevant government agencies will be watching the sales of these units with keen interest. Judging by the replies in this thread, they'll sell better than expected.

Uh huh. People have no problems lo-jacking their vehicles but when it comes to something far more precious like the whereabouts of their children, some get their panties in an uproar about how the government will abuse it.

Screw that, I say. No system is perfect. It's us parents versus the pedophiles and I'm not about to adopt some sporked up notion that this will escalate to government "sheeplement" just so my paranoid side can feel better at night while in the meantime, the very real pedophiles that we see captured on Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" are out, they're networking, they're talking and they're scheming the best way to get ahold of YOUR children.

If you seriously believe your screwed up ideals of privacy and your fear of government abuse are more important than the well-being of your children then you go right ahead and continue living that kind of existence. I won't feel sorry for you a bit. Me, I'll feel better knowing there's another tool in my box that I can use against the CONFIRMED threat that actually exists right here, right now.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Scary, but at the same time I see the benefits. Imagine if you could wear something like this on you if you were say a Journalist reporting from dangerous areas in the Middle East? If you were captured this kind of technology could save your life. It has great and terrifying possibilities.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
It's us parents versus the pedophiles and I'm not about to adopt some sporked up notion that this will escalate to government "sheeplement" just so my paranoid side can feel better at night while in the meantime, the very real pedophiles ... are out, they're networking, they're talking and they're scheming the best way to get ahold of YOUR children.

Why am I the one who's paranoid, when I'm concerned that the government will end up tracking all of our movements?

Read your own words. You would have us all believe that under every rock and standing on every street corner, there's a paedophile waiting to abduct a child! Paranoid, really?

There have always been paedophiles, there will always be paedophiles. However, the government has not always had the increased ability to track us, like this wristlocator allows it to.

Paranoid, really?

How about educating children about "stranger danger" and being aware of themselves and their environment. Not only will it help them when they're younger, it will also help them when they're older.

My "stranger danger" sense is telling me that I don't want government strangers typing my wristcode into a computer and tracking my movements real time. NO WAY!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join