It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS 'wristwatch' maps kids whereabouts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Well, I remember years ago before even knowing what GPS was - before anyone had it....listening to stories of missing children, etc...I would think "If I ever have a kid I want some sort of tracking device on them, so if they go missing, they can be found quickly".

And I too am more afraid of the creepy John Does walking our streets then the government wanting me for my child or whatever reason.

[edit on 1/11/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
You clearly are not a parent of small children.

You're clearly wrong, Leo.

I would never use this on my children. To buy one of these wristwatches means that I am supporting the idea of controlled monitoring.

Relevant government agencies will be watching the sales of these units with keen interest. Judging by the replies in this thread, they'll sell better than expected.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
You clearly are not a parent of small children.

You're clearly wrong, Leo.

I would never use this on my children. To buy one of these wristwatches means that I am supporting the idea of controlled monitoring.

Relevant government agencies will be watching the sales of these units with keen interest. Judging by the replies in this thread, they'll sell better than expected.

So you put your paranoia off the government ahead of caring about the safety of your small child. Wow.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How on earth did generations of children survive without such a device!? paedophiles are salivating around the mouth,hiding round every corner waiting to pounce!
Course parents have the choice,this just seems abit too much for me..strange times.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotty18

So you put your paranoia off the government ahead of caring about the safety of your small child. Wow.

I don’t think tezzajw is saying that, I mean he can still look after his child without the watch – look at all the missing children, why did they go missing? Because no one was looking after them, no one was watching them for "that second".

Having a watch on the child mind help, but it’s not a baby sitter and it wont make bad parents any better for watching their children, infact it might make them more irresponsible – “where’s your kid? Oh don’t worry, the watch knows where they are”

I still think it’s silly simply because it can be taken off. If they are going to something like this they should at least hide it on the child so the child or kidnapper doesn’t know it’s even there – in a shoe, stitched into a t-shirt etc.

Mikey

[edit on 11/1/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

See, you're already supporting their marketing campaign.

You're trying to make me feel guilty by NOT wanting my children to wear them.

You're trying to make me feel like I should buy one so that my children will be 'safe'.

The replies in this thread are exactly the same as what I predicted they would be.

Thanks for playing the guilt card, exactly as I predicted.

This wristwatch is going to be a big time seller, especially when parents feel guilty, or when they find out that the Jones' have one. "Where can I get mine? I want my child to feel safe too!"

(By the way, I don't take offense or feel guilty. You're not breaking any terms and conditions, so it's all good. You're free to do what you like with your children, as I'll do with mine.)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

See, you're already supporting their marketing campaign.

You're trying to make me feel guilty by NOT wanting my children to wear them.

You're trying to make me feel like I should buy one so that my children will be 'safe'.

The replies in this thread are exactly the same as what I predicted they would be.

Thanks for playing the guilt card, exactly as I predicted.

This wristwatch is going to be a big time seller, especially when parents feel guilty, or when they find out that the Jones' have one. "Where can I get mine? I want my child to feel safe too!"

(By the way, I don't take offense or feel guilty. You're not breaking any terms and conditions, so it's all good. You're free to do what you like with your children, as I'll do with mine.)

Wow, you are so paranoid that you spin anything into your paranoia. Any parent will tell you that something that helps make their kids safer is a good thing, regardless of whether it is a GPS watch or a better car seat...except you apparently.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Wow, you are so paranoid that you spin anything into your paranoia. Any parent will tell you that something that helps make their kids safer is a good thing, regardless of whether it is a GPS watch or a better car seat...except you apparently.

There will be other people who agree with me.

This is only the child's model. There will be adult versions soon enough.

They have to start somewhere and what better place to start than making parents feel guilty about (not) 'protecting' their children?

The NWO take baby steps. They can't implement everything all at once.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

They can't implement everything all at once.

How come?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

There will be other people who agree with me.

This is only the child's model. There will be adult versions soon enough.

They have to start somewhere and what better place to start than making parents feel guilty about (not) 'protecting' their children?

The NWO take baby steps. They can't implement everything all at once.

Why do you insist on reverting to your paranoia rather then respond to what I said? Focus, try it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
paedophiles are salivating around the mouth,hiding round every corner waiting to pounce!

Imagine the paedophiles who will work for the monitoring company. They'll be able to know the location of all the ten-year-old girls who are registered within the system.

They could sell locations to the stalkers who want to do the groundwork...

Now that's really paranoid.

They couldn't get away with it, unless they screened the girls to see which ones are not within 5 metres of their parents wearing the "Mum and Dad" wristwatch versions!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The already did – it’s called a Tax File Number.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84

The already did – it’s called a Tax File Number.

Maybe. Followed be Medicare Number, of course.

In time, it might be WristLocator Number.

They might as well tattoo a barcode in our ears at birth. Cattle or sheep. Either way, still branded and soon to be monitored from the ages of three to twelve.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
How about parents simply get involved in their kids lives? Anyone ever thought about that? How lazy are you that you have to force your kids to wear a wristwatch that lets you know where they are at?

I understand there are slight benefits based on child abduction but that is it. Other than that there is absolutely no need for this device. If the parents are doing their job then they will have a general idea of what is going on.

As another said this will end up applied on criminals followed by... ending with everyone GPS.

If i am given the choice, i would rather dies than be forced to wear a GPS. I am free. I do what i want. I don't have debt. I don't carry a cell phone. The only thing that ties me down is my loved ones and that doesn't bother me at all.

Try to force a tracking device somewhere on me and i will make you eat it, regardless of the consequences. I promise that.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84

They might as well tattoo a barcode in our ears at birth. Cattle or sheep. Either way, still branded and soon to be monitored from the ages of three to twelve.

Or just save being able to take off the wrist band and inking the child with a barcode, just imbed a microchip at birth. They won't remember the pain at the time. ..... I am kidding, this certainly isn't something I advocate. Just an idea.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
Or just save being able to take off the wrist band and inking the child with a barcode, just imbed a microchip at birth.

Yeah, that will be likely to happen. Discrete microchips with your details in the form of electronic zeros and ones.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I truly hope that those of you blaming the parents in cases of missing children, I truly hope you never find yourselves in their shoes. Then, you may wish you'd had the watch on them.

Bad things happen to kids...sometimes kids are at school and get kidnapped FROM school, can you imagine? You're at work, they're supposed to be at school and they "dissapear". What then? Parents fault? Not at all, but what if the kid had the watch? As soon as the child was off the grounds, the parent would know.

What about cases where children get kidnapped by the other parent in cases of divorce and child custody? Mom's fault dad decided to cross state lines? Mom would know much quicker with watch.

Some parents can be VERY involved and something can happen, a parent is not with a child 24 hours a day until they're 18, that's just not reality.

I don't know if I'd use this for my own children, but I do know I wouldn't look down on anyone who did. I don't think the parents who AREN'T involved would even consider getting the watch, they just wouldn't care that much, IMO.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
it clearly says troll in his sig

why would the govt care what you are doing in your insignificant life?

quick he's out, abduct the children

oh remember to remove the wrist watches first though

oh noes police are after me, just remove my watch hey presto

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The paranoid people on this thread are the ones that want this device for their children.

TV has really messed you people up hasn't it?

Vas

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

"This is only the child's model. There will be adult versions soon enough. "

Gotta get them conditioned while they're still young.

The children who grow up with these will grow up to become the adults who force them on the rest of us - and our children. Their own childhood will have prepared them for this.

It is sad to see the other posters attacking you.

I say; Thank You Tezzajw, for defending our rights against the indoctrinated, propagandist repeaters sent against you by the enemy. Keep up the good work.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join