It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'd love to get some insight onto what happened with the Clair character.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Does anybody else think that Oldham (the weird guy living in the Teepee who interrogated Sayid) is going to play a bigger role than just that.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yep, there are a lot of loose ends that haven't even been addressed... I was shocked to see when they saw the back of the statue that one time....as that was one of those loose ends for a long time...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Anyone have any theories on what happened with the Clair character? Unless I'm missing something, there has never been any closure of the where and why? She went with the "others" I believe, but why?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Anyone have any theories on what happened with the Clair character? Unless I'm missing something, there has never been any closure of the where and why? She went with the "others" I believe, but why?

Only reason I can think of as to why the writers had her stay on the island is because her and jack are half sibling (same father)...so her place would ultimately be on the island (espcially since christian is a big character/related to the island). As for why that is (with regards to clair) or any future events she has to play a part in, I have no clue.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure Claire is dead...after all, she behaves the same way other deceased "ghosts" do (such as Anna Lucia, Christian, etc.). I think any appearance of her (such as by Aarron, etc.) was a manifestation of the Island.....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm pretty sure Claire is dead...after all, she behaves the same way other deceased "ghosts" do (such as Anna Lucia, Christian, etc.). I think any appearance of her (such as by Aarron, etc.) was a manifestation of the Island.....

Good point. I wasnt sure if she reappeared after that time I saw her in the cabin or not.

But what I want to know is what is Aarons future role ?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I've got Lost recording and will be watching it tomorrow night.

So I'll be ignoring this thread for the next 24 hours.

When it takes me a few days to catch back up with the week's episode, it is terribly difficult to avoid this thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
DAAAAM!!! another week. some juicy nuggets of info. the hieroglyphics didnt look Egyptian not that i would know. and the image before the grate where the monster comes from. did that show Anubis being judged by the monster or him releasing it? quick wiki search on Anubis talk about him being the protector of the dead. considering how something is trying to protect Locke im sure there is a connection there somewhere.

now whats with he new losties all gung ho.hmmm

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Another great episode and another week of left wanting more!

Getting filled in on the Ben/Whitmore relationship was nice. Seeing how he was banished from the island was really cool. I'm interested in how Ben responds to John now and if he follows the guidance of the island.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
For some reason I dont think that John will time travel back to where the original cast members are. What will happen to the new people on the island...although ceasar (which was somewhat of the main character among the new people) is now dead, so who knows, maybe they'll just forget about those people for now and time travel back to meet up with the others.

If they do Im guessing John will probably try and use that unlimited energy source thats found under the orchid station....Im not sure their could be another way for them to time travel ... ?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It was interesting to see Ben genuinely scared...I think he'll definitely follow John, feeling he really has no choice in the matter.

The pictogram of Anubis tends to confirm an earlier suspicion...that the large statue is indeed of Anubis... This would seem to be in line with the idea that the island is kind of a waypoint between the living world and the underworld (and why we see even dead people come in and out occassionally....)

Was surprised to see what happened to Caesar, but you gotta hand it to Ben, he really knows how to quickly solve problems!

Was interesting to see more of the temple too.

Pet theory, is that different civilizations from different times have discovered the island (and in different places), and left their mark there. The Egyptians seemed to have been there, and maybe erected the Anubis statue in line with the above idea (gates of the underworld). The temple seems more Mayan in appearance, but with some heiroglyphics, so maybe each civilization added their own touches to things they found there.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Cool theory. But their havnt been any pyramids that I remember. Who knows though, maybe the actual temple is in the shape of a pyramid...

Anyways, my brother notified me of this "Easter Egg" the writers of Lost put in one of the recent episodes. I think it was when Sun was talking to Christian and you see the outline of someone in the background. Apparently its created quite the fuss among Lost watchers. i didnt catch it when I was watching that episode, sadly I forget which one it was but its the one where Sun talks to Christian (How many times does that happen).

Anyways, sorry I cant find a clip of it to show you guys...but you can probably rewatch the episode and look for it yourself. I think the outline of the mysterious figure appears over Suns left shoulder.

Only two more days guys...I hope they show a little more of the Temple, or even better, get to see more of that giant Statue !

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Adam West

I do remember the scene, but I didn't notice it myself either.

A rerun from season 2 was on yesterday through the afternoon and I couldn't help but think how this show has evolved over the seasons. It is currently so much more than it used to be. Early in season 1 it was clear that the show was more than just a group of people lost on an island and now we have this web of side-plots and mysteries that we wait each week to see if we can get another hint.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Some interesting tidbits though...we learned that Charles Widmore (at that time) was part of the Other's leadership, and not just a grunt, as we saw him before. We also learned that "Ellie" Hawking was on the island and in a leadership role with Charles (i.e. "Ellie and Charles won't like that").... Of course, it could just be a coincidence, but I'm betting the "Ellie" referred to is Eloise....

Wow, I didn't notice that. How cool!

I wonder whatever really happened with Walt...??? I mean, we saw him older and fairly "normal", but it seems whatever the original writers had in mind seemed to go "poof" or was abandoned....a couple seasons back....

Yeah, they kind of just forgot about him. Quite sad actually.

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
i think the walt issue had more to do with the actor growing too fast for the show. but there seem to be quite a few things the writers seem to have forgotten about. like what the hell happened to the rest of the oceanic survivors? like half the people are missing are they all dead and if so when did that happen and why didnt they also jump through time????

[edit on 3-4-2009 by TiM3LoRd]

True. Walt did age too fast for the time of the show. And, yes, where are those other survivors?

I'd love to get some insight onto what happened with the Clair character.

I'm not sure, but I know that she is no longer credited as a main actor anymore.

She went with Christian (Jack's dad), who may be a manifestation of the monster or of the island's will.

How can you think she is dead? Wasn't the last time we saw her was when she was going off with Christian (I guess not)?

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
DAAAAM!!! another week. some juicy nuggets of info. the hieroglyphics didnt look Egyptian not that i would know. and the image before the grate where the monster comes from. did that show Anubis being judged by the monster or him releasing it? quick wiki search on Anubis talk about him being the protector of the dead. considering how something is trying to protect Locke im sure there is a connection there somewhere.

Wasn't that whole scene cool?

I'm interested in how Ben responds to John now and if he follows the guidance of the island.

I hope he does.

A rerun from season 2 was on yesterday through the afternoon and I couldn't help but think how this show has evolved over the seasons. It is currently so much more than it used to be. Early in season 1 it was clear that the show was more than just a group of people lost on an island and now we have this web of side-plots and mysteries that we wait each week to see if we can get another hint.

Yeah, it's crazy when you put it in perspective like that. I love this show!

I enjoyed the last episode. I really thought Ben would be guilty, but, as he cried when seeing those scenes played out in front of him, I guess the monster forgave him (think about how the monster didn't forgive Eko because he would not repent and maybe this point will make more sense). Yes, that whole scene in the temple was great.

Here is the trailer for tonight's episode, "Some Like it Hoth." This episode looks crazy!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Who was Eko again?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Who was Eko again?

Eko. He was from way back.

Oh yeah, we are missing two big things hear, fellow Losties (well, TiM3LoRd briefly mentioned the first one). First, and most recently, Ilana asked Frank a code question - "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" - and then, upon him not being able to answer the question, knocked him out. What does this mean? Were some of those survivors on the flight for a reason, such as working for Widmore and taking back the island from Ben? The answer to the question, fans have pondered, is the Orchid, as it was behind the statue. Also, what was in Ilana and company's crate? Fans are suggesting that it is an explosive and that they plan to blow up the Orchid just as Keamy and his freighter crew wanted to do. These two facts, fans believe, are what makes them think that Ilana and her group are working for Widmore. The second big thing, that I simply mentioned previously, that we have missed is Alpert being warned to talk to Ellie and Charles before, I believe, helping young Ben. Is this Ellie the mysterious Eloise Hawking or just Ellie?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Im just curiuos, if Ellie and Charles use to work together (how they are mentioned together in a previous post here). Then why doesnt Charles just ask Ellie to find the Island for him, she is in charge of the Lightpost isnt she ?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adam West
Im just curiuos, if Ellie and Charles use to work together (how they are mentioned together in a previous post here). Then why doesnt Charles just ask Ellie to find the Island for him, she is in charge of the Lightpost isnt she ?

Good question. I'm not even sure, though, if it was her that was being referred to or Ellie.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Okay...So this entire time I thought Dan (the skinny physicist) was still on the island with the rest of them. Where did he go ?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join