It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Season 6 being the final for the show, I'm interested how they conclude this season. Getting down to it here.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The finale is on tonight! (In about 8 minutes!)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
wow jacob and a evil reptile staute!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What a crazy finale! And 'Lost' ended with a "lightout!" What is up with that? So cool! A crazy episode! That's all I'll say for now.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Both a great and awful episode.

Juliet being killed off instead of that awful character that is Kate? Lame! (and yes, I know she came back and that they're all in theory dead, but just the act of that means she lost Sawyer and that bad stink Kate got to hang around).

The real Locke is actually dead? Lame!

The flash to white at the end? Soooo lame! Every season finale has always had us hanging, but they always give a taste of what to expect next season e.g. Everything's been a flash forward e.t.c.

There was no point in leaving us hanging that badly as the season previews for next year, when they eventually air, will show where the losties are at so it's not like they can keep that under wraps til the next episode. Might as well have shown us now, infuriating!

Everything with Jacob was awesome! It looks like the island is some version of Eden, metaphorically at least. I don't want to literally say God vs Satan but they have a similiar relationship. Jacob telling Ben "What about you?" was such a hilariously crippling put down, brilliant! How did he not expect to get stabbed after that!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I've watched the first four minutes of the finale so far and I'm at the edge of my seat wanting it to move faster!

When the camera pulled back to show the statue.. great moment and visual. When I finish it up, I'll read the recent posts and provide my own thoughts.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am not sure where to begin?

Looks like its a battle between good and evil. I assume that Jacob is good and the other man in the beginning beach seen is evil. Jacob wearing white, and the other man wearing black. But if this is true, why does Jacob keep bringing people to the island? Because the man in black keeps saying that whoever Jacob brings to the island will end up the same way. I forget the actually quote.

Jacob also appears during the castaways life at some point. At each time it seems each person is at a cross road in their lives. Jacob appears to give guidance during this difficult point for the castaways. He also gives something to them. Lunchbox to Kate, a pen to Sawyer, candy bar to Jack, life to Locke (what book was Jacob reading?), guitar to Hurley. But he really doesn't give anything to Sayid, he seems to take something away from him. His wife.

Maybe because Jacob did these favors, Jacob wants something form them in return on the island?

It appears Locke is not Locke. Dead actually is dead. And Locke is a impostor, probably the man wearing black on the beach. Because Locke was his loophole. I am wondering if the cabin is where this person lives not Jacob, because Jacob lives underneath the foot and always has.

And how is smoky connected to the cabin and the man in black?

Does anyone know what was in the statue hands? I am also guessing the bomb going off has something to due with the destruction of the statue.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What an amazing finale. Great 2 hours of television and a great cliff hanger to leave us wanting more. This was from start to finish one of the best seasons that they've produced thus far.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Purposefully haven't read any of the above, as I haven't seen it yet (I have class on Wednesday nights...working on my Masters, and work all day...Wednesdays are rough for me...)

Usually, I still stay up and watch after class, but with 2 hours, will have to watch the DVR'd episode tonight....can't wait.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat

Remember when Ben fell into the floor of the temple and Locke said he would get some rope and left? Then Ben met smokey and after wards Locke came back and helped him out of the hole? The man in black is the smoke monster and they are impersonating Locke. That is a complete guess but it seems to fit to me.

When the bomb went off it changed everything. Another guess on my part is next season will start with all of the survivors of 815 back on the airplane and it never crashes and they land at LAX.

That's all just speculation, but I'm ready for next season just to see how it ends.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

You're gonna give Gaz a run for his money with theories.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Season 6 Spoiler!!!

Claire, who mysteriously disappears with her dead biological father near the end of the season, did not return as a series regular for the fifth season, but will return for the sixth and final season.[56]

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

A part of the plot I've been looking for an answer on for quite some time.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In a flashback type show though, where dead people talk, doesn't mean she's back in the world of the living...

The man in black is the smoke monster and they are impersonating Locke. That is a complete guess but it seems to fit to me.

I think you're right on the money...(or at least that they are in league with one another)

After watching the finale', all I can say is....WOW...

Gonna have to change my tack here, and say that Jacob seems to represent Jesus (the fish motif wasn't lost on me), whereas the man in black (on the beach) represents Lucifer....at least in idea....

The statue was revealed to be of Sobek, the Egyptian crocodile god that undoes evil and cures all ills. So, it's a fitting place for Jesus-like Jacob to hole up in....(and Richard's Latin phrase...yep, had to look it up...translates to he who would save us all)....

If you look at the screenshot from Man Behind the Curtain, the figure resembles the man in black more than it does Jacob. This implies that this nemesis was previously contained here (by the now, unbroken circle of ash). My bet is that it was the nemesis who said "Help Me" to Locke.... The "monster" was likely the only way the nemesis could move about while imprisoned...until Locke somehow provided the "loophole" he needed to get to Jacob.

So, Locke is dead, and the Locke walking around now, is the nemesis, in human form. However, he and Jacob are obviously forbidden from killing one another (much like Ben and Widmore were), so he gets Ben to do it for him....(in a very Satan with the red apple sort of way)....

A big question is the answer to Jacob's last words... WHO is coming? (he said They're coming) - My guess is that he meant Jacob's people...

An observation though, Esau is Jacob's brother in the Bible, and the two fueded. Red was associated with Esau (the red fish?)....and Esau often vowed to kill Jacob, so the "nemesis" could be a fusion of this idea with the classic view of Satan. Oddly, the Bible never really says who was right from God's standpoint...Jacob or Esau....

In the Book of Jubilees (one of the supressed books that never made the Bible or Talmud...I'm a sucker for ancient religious stuff), Esau swears not to kill Jacob after Isaac dies...but he ends up leading mercs to kill him anyhow, and dies by Jacob's arrow.

I don't think they're following the Biblical bit to the letter, of course, but they seem to be using it as a loose basis with the connections...

I think the flash is going to be linked more to the discharge and the incident, than an atomic explosion.... I still don't get Faraday's idea (you can't destroy energy...at least not in our current understanding of physics, so it seems the bomb would just make it worse)....

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Very interesting read.

I did a lot of reading on the show last night and they said they really were able to hit their groove again when they put a defined end date for the show. Not knowing where the show would end, a show like this really ends up stagnating and in a circle. But with this direction, the plot quickly benefited. I also read that Matthew Fox is the one cast member who knows how the show will end.

Waiting for next season is going to be painful.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yep, long wait. I just did some checking, and seems I somehow missed that Sawyer rescued Claire after she was lying in the rubble (I must have been up getting a drink or something)...so I guess she is alive after all. Still seems weird she would leave her baby though...especially to leave with a biological father she never really knew....something's weird there, and likely plays into the reason she'll be back as a regular.....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah. For me, that's been the only major whole in the story. A few things here and there to be tied up, but her character has been a gaping wound in a tight story line. Very glad to hear that we'll see some progress on that front next season.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I stopped watching Lost in season 4. But then, I got back at it! ...LOL- and this season has been great!!!-

I really like Benjamin Linus, is such a fascinating character! not the typical villan. But my favorite will always be John Locke
Hehe.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Both a great and awful episode.

Juliet being killed off instead of that awful character that is Kate? Lame! (and yes, I know she came back and that they're all in theory dead, but just the act of that means she lost Sawyer and that bad stink Kate got to hang around).

Although kate can be annoying sometimes, I like her! And it wouldn't be the same without her.

Juliet is OK, but there is something about her face, the stuck expression she has sometimes, that makes her character a bit unlikeable, and her character has not played much of a interesting role in the show.

If I had to choose, I'd pick kate.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by testrat

Remember when Ben fell into the floor of the temple and Locke said he would get some rope and left? Then Ben met smokey and after wards Locke came back and helped him out of the hole? The man in black is the smoke monster and they are impersonating Locke. That is a complete guess but it seems to fit to me.

Yep my first thoughts too.

He makes himself appear like locke, because of course, locke is the leader! People have to listen.

He makes himself appear as Ben's dead daughter (ben's weakness) and makes him promise to listen to whatever Locke wants.

Then comes the loophole, now ben has to listen, and he can make ben kill jacob.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So the old question used to be, "Would you choose Maryann or Ginger?"

Now it will be, "Would you choose Juliet or Kate?"

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join