It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adam West
Okay...So this entire time I thought Dan (the skinny physicist) was still on the island with the rest of them. Where did he go ?

He left with Charlotte (I think) on the first submarine that left the island when they all went back in time to the 70s. He wanted to, I guess, protect her.

Tonight's episode was pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yeah, it was a pretty good episode. I guess since Miles is now such a key character in the show they had to do a little background on him sooner or later.

I was really disappointed they didnt explain more about the statue and that whole 'What lies in the shadow of the statue deal' .... you know besides showing up new people who use that same phrase. Atleast we now know its not Charle's guys.

Is there a third party ? Or are they on the 'Others' side ?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Is there a third party ? Or are they on the 'Others' side ?

Yes, we can rule out Charles, I guess. But who is their leader then? Ben? Probably not because Ben would know about Ilana, then, right? Maybe they are the Others, but why are they off-island? Maybe they are DHARMA.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
But was DHARMA intimitley against Charles, because the guys in the van that abducted Miles, knew specifically about Charles and what he was doing....

But then again, Im not too sure where the Dharma Initiative lies in the present. I know they were wiped out on the island, but do they still operate in the real world ? If so who do they work for, what are they presently doing, are they still trying to get back to the island...

Anyways, it would appear to me that whoever they are, they are strongly against Charles. And whose to say that Ben didnt know about Ilana...did he ever encounter her or talk to her during the short time they were on the same island together (before Ben paddled off in the canoe). Plus did Sayid mention Charles name when he was finally apprehended(sp?) by Ilana ?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Adam West]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Since episode one of this season, I've been thinking that Miles is the son of the Asian man in the Dharma Videos!! Do you think I'm right?

Well looks like we finally got the episode all about this. Great episode.

I think next week were going to get more focus on the foot of the statue etc. Can't wait!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm interested in seeing more of the statue.

Just watched this week's episode and thought it was great. Enjoyed seeing the perspective from Miles. I'm also intrigued at the point of view it mentioned of the Oceanic flight and crash from one we've never had before.

With the 100th episode coming up, I'm sure it's only going to continue to be better and better.

I will say though, I wish Jack was in it more. Not seeing much from him this season. He and Sawyer had a bit of a moment this week where Sawyer looked upon him with an obvious sense of respect, not something we seen too much in the past.

...'til next week!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Its really weird to see the power shift between them. Before Jack was kind of the leader and decision maker, the person who would always solve the problems. Now with Sawyer in charge of Security their roles are totally switched since Jack is just a Workman.

But I agree, I cant wait to find out more about the whole 'Statue' thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Boooooooo!

No new episode this week. Very sad.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Boooooooo!

No new episode this week. Very sad.

Yup. I hate these clip episodes. I was thinking that 'Lost' may actually have great difficulty conveying what's going on in the plot, and so there must be these clip episodes to explain everything. Does this illustrate the show's failure to successfully tell a story, as it can be confusing at points? I am not sure about this (I lean towards an answer in the negative, as the clip shows don't add anything new, right?). The clip shows could just be a helpful tool for fans to be reminded of things they might have forgotten, and might serve as a way for the producers to catch up on filming. I guess, then, the clips shows are a good thing, albeit highly annoying.

Oh well, the 100th episode of 'Lost' is next week!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I disagree 100% that it is sad and/or annoying.

Every show on television takes weeks off. And rather than feeding us some rerun that none of us will watch because of the storyline we're following, they make the effort to at least offer up something different and present where we've been over the years. While I wasn't at the edge of my seat, I both enjoyed it and appreciated that the hour time slot was filled with something that wasn't a rerun.

Really looking forward to next week though.

How many weeks left?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I disagree 100% that it is sad and/or annoying.

Darn.

Every show on television takes weeks off. And rather than feeding us some rerun that none of us will watch because of the storyline we're following, they make the effort to at least offer up something different and present where we've been over the years. While I wasn't at the edge of my seat, I both enjoyed it and appreciated that the hour time slot was filled with something that wasn't a rerun.

Yeah, I like how they try not to have weeks where we don't have a new episode. I watched a bit of it too, and I liked what I saw, but it wasn't anything new, and that's one of the reasons I stopped watching that episode.

How many weeks left?

I say three, but then the season would end in mid-May, and this might be a problem. I hope there will not be anymore breaks, and I hope the finale will not be split up into two weeks. Here is the rundown:

Episode 5.14
Title: "The Variable."
Centric: Faraday.

Episode 5.15
Title: "Follow the Leader."
Centric: Richard.

Episodes 5.16 / 5.17 (Finale.)
Title: "The Incident." (Parts I & II.)
Centric: (?).

The only new stuff is Richard being the centric for "Follow the Leader." This should be awesome! Also, feel free to read spoilers about the centric, if any, for the finale. I just put question marks for the finale when I make these rundowns because I don't want to read spoilers about the episode. In the forum I use, they usually have the centrics in the thread titles, but this is not the case for the finale thread, and I don't want to click on it!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
An episode centered on Richard is going to be crazy!

Really looking forward to that.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Can someone give me a reminder of what happened to Faraday before he reappeared in the past on the submarine please.

I seem to remember he died (could be wrong) and I have just been wracking my brains trying to figure out how he got there.
I remember him sitting with Charlotte on the grass as she was dying and then it's hazey.
She did die didn't she?

This was the last epi shown in the UK, got a weeks break now.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

She ended up dying and he continued on with the group. When they appeared in '74 with the Initiative, he was one few sent off the island on the submarine. And now apparently he has returned. There is more details to it than this, but I believe it is the gist.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Chukkles

She ended up dying and he continued on with the group. When they appeared in '74 with the Initiative, he was one few sent off the island on the submarine. And now apparently he has returned. There is more details to it than this, but I believe it is the gist.

Ok was he sent away around the 3 years earlier?

I don't know why but I completely forgot what happened to him, so it's interesting that it seems that even when he left the island he never returned to his own time, like the losties dissapearing from the plane.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sweet. I cant wait to see the episode that centers around Richard. Hes one of those unsolved mysterys that the writers havnt said much about...Just a guess here, but I think he might be a medium for Jacob, which is why he never ages. Jacob always needs someone to run stuff on the island sort of thing with the 'Others'.

Who knows...just a thought....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Watching this week's episode now. 20 minutes in and it is shaping up to be another great one.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Can someone give me a reminder of what happened to Faraday before he reappeared in the past on the submarine please.

He left the island. They didn't show it, but they mentioned it. I thought he left with Charlotte, but I guess not.

I seem to remember he died (could be wrong) and I have just been wracking my brains trying to figure out how he got there.
I remember him sitting with Charlotte on the grass as she was dying and then it's hazey.
She did die didn't she?

He didn't die, but she did.

Yup!

Watching this week's episode now. 20 minutes in and it is shaping up to be another great one.

It was great! I can't believe Daniel died at the hands of his own mother, though. Crazy stuff!

Here is the trailer for the next episode, "Follow the Leader." It looks like, among other things, Sayid meets up with Jack and company (and even Eloise), Sayid and Jack go to the Temple, Sawyer and Juliet are questioned, and the Others leave their camp.

Originally posted by they see ALL
The second big thing, that I simply mentioned previously, that we have missed is Alpert being warned to talk to Ellie and Charles before, I believe, helping young Ben. Is this Ellie the mysterious Eloise Hawking or just Ellie?

It looks like Eloise and Ellie are the same person. It also looks like Widmore is the father of Daniel.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So wait, Penny and Daniel are brother and sister? Is that right?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

It would seem so. Whidmore is both their fathers and I'm curious if they share the same mother. An excellent episode last night that provided answers to questions that I had not even considered. That says a lot about the writing on this show.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join