It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What We Know About Season Five…

Season Premier

Season Five will begin airing in the United States on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 8:00 p.m., ET with a three-hour premiere. The premier will consist of a clip-show, which has a working title (read the press release here), and the first two episodes of the season. From that point on, episodes will air on Wednesdays at 9:00 p.m. , ET.

The Episodes

Episode 5.01
Title: "Because You Left."
Centric: Multi.
Click on this link to read the press release for this episode.

Episode 5.02
Title: "The Lie."
Centric: Hurley.
Click on the above link to read the press release for this episode.

Episode 5.03
Title: "Jughead."
Centric: Locke (?).

Episode 5.04
Title: "The Little Prince."
Centric: Desmond (?).

Episode 5.05
Title: "This Place is Death."
Centric: Unknown.

Episode 5.06
Title: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham."
Centric: Locke (?).

Episode 5.07
Title: "316."
Centric: Jack (?).

Episode 5.08
Title: "LaFleur."
Centric: Sawyer (?).

Episode 5.09
Title: "Namaste."
Centric: Unknown.

Episode 5.10
Title: "He's Our You."
Centric: Sayid.

Episode 5.11
Title: "Whatever Happened, Happened."
Centric: Ben (?).

General Season Five Information

Although the original, pre 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike, plan was to have Seasons Four, Five, and Six each last sixteen episodes, for a total of 48 final episodes, the length of Season Four was reduced, because of the aforementioned strike, from the original sixteen episodes to fourteen episodes. To make up for the loss of two episodes, Seasons Five and Six will be composed of seventeen episodes, which will keep the total of 48 final episodes. Season Five will focus on why the people that left the island now need to get back to the island. It is interesting to note that Season Five will feature significantly fewer flashbacks and flashforwards, aspects of the show which have been central to storytelling.

Confirmed Stars
    - Naveen Andrews as Sayid.
    - Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond.
    - Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday.
    - Michael Emerson as Ben.
    - Matthew Fox as Jack.
    - Jorge Garcia as Hurley.
    - Josh Holloway as Sawyer.
    - Yunjin Kim as Sun.
    - Ken Leung as Miles.
    - Evangeline Lilly as Kate.
    - Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet.
    - Terry O'Quinn as Locke.

Trailers…

First Promo
Promo 2
Promo 3

For a complete a listing of all the trailers and sneaks peaks, please see this great page.

'Lost' On DVD

The Complete First Season
The Complete Second Season
The Complete Third Season
The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
The Complete Fourth Season
The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)

Other 'Lost'-Related Threads

"Lost"
'Lost:' Season Four Discussion...
'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...
'Lost:' The Game...
'Lost' Literature...
'Lost' Music...
Lost (Discussion on Season One and Season Two)
The Official “The Lost Experience” Thread...
Season Three of 'Lost' Fan-Fiction Adventure!!!
Lost - i dont get.....
LOST...Spoilers??? What's behind it all maybe?
LOST! i got into the Dharma Initiative Site!!! check it out!

'Lost' Sites

Darkufo.blogspot
Lostpedia
Lost-TV
The TailSection
Wikipedia’s 'Lost' Page
SpoilerFix’s 'Lost' Page

Rules On "Spoilers"...

As I had success with this tidbit in my thread dedicated to the discussion of the Third Season of 'Lost,' I will also include a familiar section in this thread. I know (from personal experience) that "spoilers" (information that hasn't been aired, but will in the future) ruin the experience of watching the actual show. This is why I have created this little section in this post. If you desire to post a spoiler, please warn the reader that you are about to do so. This way, we can all enjoy 'Lost' in our own way. I know that I personally will not view any spoilers during the show's airing season because I ruined bits of previous seasons for myself. But that's just me. Additionally. the reasoning behind this opening post having so little information, compared to my threads dedicated to the discussions of Seasons Three and Four, is based on me trying to keep this post spoiler-free. I hope all you "Losties" don't mind!

[edit on 11-1-2009 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm ready and waiting they see all. Thanks for the information I didn't know the premier was 3 hours with 2 episodes.

It's amazing that it's season five already. It's just seems so quick, just like life a guess. Thanks again for the info and look forward to the premier and your thread as the season goes forward.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I'm ready and waiting they see all.

As am I.

Thanks for the information I didn't know the premier was 3 hours with 2 episodes.

No problem. I didn't know this until recently when I read about it.

It's amazing that it's season five already. It's just seems so quick, just like life a guess.

Yes it is.

Thanks again for the info and look forward to the premier and your thread as the season goes forward.

Your welcome! I can't wait until 'Lost' starts us again!

EDIT:

Whoa, I might have to stop reading the press releases! Take a look at the press release for the "The Lie" and then take a look at the press release for "Jughead." I wish I hadn't read the "Jughead" one, as it had information in there that I didn't know about, while the one for "The Lie" didn't contain anything I didn't know about already.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am looking foward to watching it.

star trek voyager cheap dvd

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just finished season 4 today.

Question:

Why was John being called Jeremy in the finale of season 4? Was it explained and I missed it? Or is it yet to be determined?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Why was John being called Jeremy in the finale of season 4? Was it explained and I missed it? Or is it yet to be determined?

Who knows, it wasn't explained yet. The sixth episode this season, "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham," might explain it, though.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's back on tonight!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Soooo stoked for tonight! Long time coming! Nothing to add yet; just wanted to post so I could get this in myATS. Nice Op TSA, lots there I didn't know about. Looks like there's going to be an hour long primer before the season opener, which is two hours long! (I hope that's two hours of new stuff and not an hour of review/last season's finale before (only) an hour for the premier.... anyone know? (reading the OP it looks like two separate episodes back-to-back, is that correct?))

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh man you beat me to it i was ging to make a thread about this lol

i live in England (hence why my username is what it is) so i actually have to wait till the 25th of January to watch Lost which is just soo gutting for me cause i am seriously obsessed with the show

oh well enjoy the new series guys not many to go now is there

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have to say that I have very little expectations heading into this season.

I think it will end up being a good thing as the show will need to do little to impress me, but I just find the show slipping. Prison Break slipped in it's latter seasons and I've seen the same in Lost. Hopefully it recovers.

I'll be tuning in tonight.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I hope they start explaining some things...

In past seasons I always had faith that in the next episode they'd explain some more but it always ended up with me having even more questions than when the episode started.

I love mystery and complex plots, but I think it's time to start connecting some dots instead of adding more mystery.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Wondering if Desmond character will be back.

One of my favorites on lost.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thank God something to watch on TV.

Hopefully its a great season.

Whats Sawyer going to do with himself without
his Buddy Jack and his honey Kate not on the
island.

Love that evil Ben...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Anyone watch that hour episode of the previous four seasons?

I was only going to peak at it for a moment but I wound up watching the whole episode. The season premiere is on now.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Anyone watch that hour episode of the previous four seasons?

I was only going to peak at it for a moment but I wound up watching the whole episode. The season premiere is on now.

Yes, I tivo'd the full premier and watched it after I got home

the one hour refresher was kind of nice because it has been a while since last season ended, and despite my owning seasons 1-3, I havent watched them in a while. The refresher talked about some things that I forgot about.Showed a few scenes that I forgot.

So is there 6 seasons in all for lost? Ive heard multiple answers, Ive heard 5,6,7 and 9.

The OP indicated that it is going to be 6 seasons....

Anyway, I love this show,LOST is so addicting. APparently this season we are going to get more answers than we are questions which is a relief. I always watch in hope of answering some of the questions that have built up over 4 seasons but then I end up with more questions and little to no answers

I started to watch fringe but I am never home when its on and at this point I dont want to tivo it because Ive missed most of the first season. I will just wait for it to come out on dvd.from what ive heard its pretty good though

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I loved it, I've heard people say Lost is not as good anymore, but to me EVERY episode is amazing, I just love every one, especially ones focused around Locke.

I can't wait for next week's episode, good start.

Anyone know who this old lady at the end was? Is she the same old lady that desmond saw before when he was going through the strange time travels?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A Great start to what looks to be another Great season! One new mystery that I found interesting was what was happening to Charlotte. Any speculations? Seems like Faraday knows but does not want to tell her. I also didn't get how when the Bernard was trying to make the fire on the beach, with the exception of Nea the "extra", there were only main characters we know, but when the arrows started flying there were a bunch of other people running around.....didn't make sense to me. Also, yes, that was the same lady Desmond met in Season 3 when we were first introduced to "time trave", her name is Ms. Hawking, she wouldn't sell Desmond an engagement ring for Penny and warned him that if he didn't go to the Island and push the button for 3 years, that "everyone of us is dead". She, like Richard, doesn't seem like she's aged since we last seen her.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mia420
Also, yes, that was the same lady Desmond met in Season 3 when we were first introduced to "time trave", her name is Ms. Hawking, she wouldn't sell Desmond an engagement ring for Penny and warned him that if he didn't go to the Island and push the button for 3 years, that "everyone of us is dead". She, like Richard, doesn't seem like she's aged since we last seen her.

Ah thought so. Thanks.

I just can't wait until next episode.. Once I start watching Lost, it gets addicting.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I believe the old lady at the end of the show in the church with Ben
is Faraday mother.

Charlotte maybe suffering the same thing Desmond and the
person on the freight was suffering from. I believe it was from
the side effects of timetravel.

I believe the espisode was called the Constant.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Purposely didn't read the posts as the stupid way they did this tricked my DVR, so I only got half of it...therefore, I have to wait until the reair to record it all, and THEN I'll watch it....

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH....... :bnghd:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join