It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Anybody else SPOILED by Lost?

I went to get a Video yesterday and ended up not taking any, instead wanting to get even more Lost in Lost. Other current series and movies just pale in comparison.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Can't wait to see this week's episode...can't imagine what the group's reaction will be when they see Sawyer and Jinn as members of Dharma....

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's been awhile since I've been this excited for an hour of television.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Cool episode tonight! Looks like Faraday did leave the island after all. So now Sawyer, as opposed to Jack, is in charge. This is awesome (even though I don't dislike any of them)! We saw a model of the Swan, so maybe it is newer than the rest of the stations. And what about kid Ben? I called that one, but it was still cool to see. I wonder what time Ben, Sun, and them are in (I was surprised Sun isn't back in the '70s). They seem to be in a different time, as the scene turned from night to day right before they landed on the smaller island. I guess that was the runway that Sawyer, Kate, and the Others were working on when they (Sawyer and Kate) were taken by the Others. This would be a crazy, right?

Here's the trailer for the next episode, entitled "He's Our You." Looks like Sayid does something major. He might even kill someone! While on this notion, I heard on the radio that (minor spoiler warning!) by the time this season is over, a major character will die. I was mad when I heard this (even though they didn't reveal the name), but I figured I would tell you all this (sorry!).

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That WAS a good episode, especially the interaction btwn Jack and Sawyer/Lafleur. I get it that Jack was a bit confused about the situation and Sawyer felt he had no other options but when it got confrontational - I dug how he (Sawyer) laid it out for Jack. "Well I read that when ....."

Even the look on Jacks face when Juliet answered the door was genuine. I cant wait to go home and rewatch.

Oh and Hurley.... "Uh whuh?"
.....I thought last season was the best, so far this season easily rivals it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yep, the unstated, but well-acted Juliette opening the door bit was great. Jack's a quick study, so you can tell he added 3 years + same house = Sawyer's got another one of my leftovers dammit.....

Kate's gotta feel pretty crappy, next door and watching her love play house with a woman she was already jealous of with Jack (oh well, serves her right for not knowing what the heck she wanted anyhow)....

Sayid meeting a kid Ben (even though Sayid hasn't had many clues on the time travel bit), and Juliette holding baby Ethan was pretty classic.

I wonder why Faraday is "no longer on the island"... ???

I still wonder why Sun didn't appear in the same timeline as the other Oceanic 6 members.... Ben I get, and maybe even Locke....

As a sidenote, it appears we got a flash forward (seeing Locke find a wounded Ben still in clothes from the Ajira flight, and with bruises from Sun smacking him with the oar)....was confusing seeing Ben both with Sun, and wounded on the cot for a resurrected Locke.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

thats right i called the captain and sun going off in the boat. and someone else called the 2 time lines. and your right it is the runway Sawyer and Kate were working on. thats why they had to go back to the original island.

faraday might have gone down to the donkeywheel and used it to go back or forward in time. here is a question why didnt the others from the original timeline also jump back in time. would they be with the 1977 others or are they still in 2004 (relative to them). and wonder why sun didnt go back or locke? hmm come on next week

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just watched the episode now and loved it. Wasn't as good as the previous week, but still a great episode. So many things going on at once that it is tough to keep track and your left wanting more.. but because there is so much happening you're not even sure what the "more" is.

What I want to know is why Jack's dad is on the island and why he's in the present time.

I'd love to see an episode with him as the focal point.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Christian Shepherd seems to be a manifestation of the island's "will" (maybe even a manifestation formerly seen by Ben and Locke as "Jacob")... I don't think it's actually Christian resurrected, but more of just using his body as a "host". We haven't seen Jacob since Christian became the mouthpiece of the island, so going with the established biblical connections of the show, my guess is he's like the Metatron or voice of God, but for the island.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You're good. ...almost too good!

A great point which I think you're absolutely spot on with.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Still only a guess at this point. Did you see last night's episode?
Wow, didn't see THAT coming!

(SPOILER)

Sayid shooting Ben. (we know he'll live of course).

Maybe even Juliet will be the one to save him (hence where Ben first develops his crush on her, reigniting when he sees her later on).

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Very interesting. Last night's episode wasn't grossly entertaining throughout, but a necessary episode to fill in the gaps of the season. This whole season seemed to be answering questions while last nights episode went in the old direction of posing more questions.

Very interesting.

Everything that is now occurring in the past, is the outcome of these events reflected in the first seasons?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You guys remember in season 1, all about "the list"

Do you think this was because Ben knew all about them, because he knew them as a kid?

But that would not make sense, because they made up the list on the go? and tried to kidnap other people. So my theory is not right haha.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
woah baby what an episode. Sayid tripping off acid or some other hallucinogen. JJ seems to have a fondness for mind altering drugs. even fringe sports alot of '___' references.

also the book little Ben hands Sayid in jail is almost prophetic considering what the book is about and what happens to him in the jungle. Sayid that is not Ben.

incidentally the book is

carlos castaneda : a separate reality

very interesting stuff might have to get the book

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I wonder if Ben getting shot has anything to do with him getting cancer as a adult.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Sayid shooting Ben. (we know he'll live of course).

Maybe even Juliet will be the one to save him (hence where Ben first develops his crush on her, reigniting when he sees her later on).

Yeah, that was surprising (although I did see it coming as the scene was progressing)! I wonder how it will affect everything else? I like your theory on Juliet.

Originally posted by chissler
Very interesting. Last night's episode wasn't grossly entertaining throughout, but a necessary episode to fill in the gaps of the season. This whole season seemed to be answering questions while last nights episode went in the old direction of posing more questions.

Although I feel that this episode wasn't that good, I would have to say that it did answer questions (well, at least one major one). We found out why Sayid was heading towards Guam and why he was in handcuffs. Also, I guess I can say that that we found out that Sayid is a natural killer.

Everything that is now occurring in the past, is the outcome of these events reflected in the first seasons?

Maybe. This would be incredibly interesting. They are affecting the first seasons, such as Ethan being born for example.

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
woah baby what an episode. Sayid tripping off acid or some other hallucinogen. JJ seems to have a fondness for mind altering drugs. even fringe sports alot of '___' references.

Well I don't know how much J.J. Abrams plays a role in individual episodes. I used to pay attention to the writing credits of each episode (or almost every one) and I noticed that he usually writes the season premiers and maybe the finales. The rest of the episode he is just credited as the creator (among others), right? I am pretty sure this is the case. This angers me, as this show (and as all of his shows should be) should be his baby. Would you create a show and let other people write for you? It's pretty crazy!

Sayid that is not Ben.

Huh?

Originally posted by testrat
I wonder if Ben getting shot has anything to do with him getting cancer as a adult.

Whoa, maybe he is destined to die? Of course, though, he escapes cancer and, as it appears, he escapes being killed by Sayid.

I don't have much to say about this episode except what I already mentioned about, although I did see it coming as the scene was progressing, Sayid shooting Ben being shocking. Also, that scene with Sayid on the drugs was comedic.

Here is the trailer for the next episode, "Whatever Happened, Happened." It looks like, among other things, Richard finds Ben's body. Hm. Here is the lineup for the rest of the season:

Episode 5.11
Title: "Whatever Happened, Happened."
Centric: Kate.

Episode 5.12
Title: "Dead is Dead."
Centric: Ben.

Episode 5.13
Title: "Some Like It Hoth."
Centric: Miles (?).

Episode 5.14
Title: "The Variable."
Centric: Faraday.

Episode 5.15
Title: "Follow the Leader."
Centric: (?).

Episodes 5.16 / 5.17 (Finale.)
Title: "The Incident." (Parts I & II.)
Centric: (?).

Very nice stuff, especially the finale, which sounds amazing!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good episode last night. So Ben isn't dead, huh? Looks like nothing will be changed in the timeline then (concerning that point). The scenes where Hurley and Miles were talking about time travel were funny. I liked how Richard said Ben's innocence will be destroyed as a result of him helping Ben (and we also caught a glimpse of Other hierarchy in that scene). The last scene was cool too. Looks like we're going to have a Locke/Ben confrontation next episode.

Speaking of next episode, the preview for "Dead is Dead" looks crazy! Maybe Locke actually helps Ben during his journey. The entrance to the underground place they are in seems to be in Ben's house (recall that he did go in there once before and came out all dirty). Also, Lapidus gets knocked out by Ilana. So will Ben be guilty or innocent?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, Richard already stated Ben is no longer "innocent", so I wonder if it's really Ben's "fault" there.... But, the scene between Locke and Ben should definitely be interesting. The look on Ben's face was priceless, even though he knew Locke would come back (difference between knowing and seeing I guess...)....

Some interesting tidbits though...we learned that Charles Widmore (at that time) was part of the Other's leadership, and not just a grunt, as we saw him before. We also learned that "Ellie" Hawking was on the island and in a leadership role with Charles (i.e. "Ellie and Charles won't like that").... Of course, it could just be a coincidence, but I'm betting the "Ellie" referred to is Eloise....

Also, we have the taking of Ben into the temple. Something definitely happens there...and this could tie Richard more to the true "natives" of the island (explaining his seeming timelessness)...

I wonder whatever really happened with Walt...??? I mean, we saw him older and fairly "normal", but it seems whatever the original writers had in mind seemed to go "poof" or was abandoned....a couple seasons back....

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i think the walt issue had more to do with the actor growing too fast for the show. but there seem to be quite a few things the writers seem to have forgotten about. like what the hell happened to the rest of the oceanic survivors? like half the people are missing are they all dead and if so when did that happen and why didnt they also jump through time????

[edit on 3-4-2009 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Good point, where the hell are they!?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join