It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm thinking they're all in the same time period now...

The religious overtones are starting to come out more and more...Locke as Jesus (fully resurrected), Jack as Thomas, etc.

Think about this...guy who put a spear to Jesus = Longinus
Guy who put a bullet in Locke = Linus, Ben

I'm sure there are a lot of other Christian allegories (even Jack's dad's name, hehe) as well, but would take a lot of time to spell out...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
Is the island (purgatory) in turmoil because they weren't supposed to leave?

No purgatory, sorry. The producers promised this.

Did the original Oceanic 6 disappear into a different time period from the rest of the new crash victims?

Possibly. Why weren't DHARMA members inside the building Locke and the rest of the new crash survivors were in? It seems that Jin, who appears to be working for DHARMA, is a good indication that DHARMA is still alive in one time (where Jack, Kate, and Hurley are) but is not in another (where Locke, Ben, and the other survivors of the new crash are).

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm thinking they're all in the same time period now...

I don't know, although the plot would be much easier to understand if this was the case.

New episode on tonight!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Odd coincidence:

I was just moving around "Google Earth" in close-up motion, as I sometimes do just for fun, without looking for anything in particular. I didnt even know what part of the planet I was in. I clicked on one of the Blue Icons I saw that describe what location Im at and present pictures...and guess what...it turned out to be "LOST, Others Village" in Oahu.

Out of all the places I could have been on Google Earth I clicked on that first. Just amazing.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
yesterdays episode was great. Looks like Season 5 will continue in the year 1978.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
what an awesome episode. love lost so much lol.

ok so the reason they had to wait 3 years on the island was because the Oceanic 6 spent 3 years on the mainland, and from john's point of view it had only been a few days. so are we as the viewers following john's timeline?

so john dies on the mainland and then jack and the gang decide its time to come back. so does that mean the plane that was carrying them crashed in the 1970's version of where the island was? or are the crew of the plane with john in another time frame? and jack hugo and kate got teleported somewhere else?

dam so many questions..... sheeeeeee another 7 day wait.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So far, it seems only John Locke and Ben are separated from everyone else.

I'm guessing they are in our (the viewers') time frame...and that they were separated because they "left" the island via the donkey wheel...

Just a guess...can't see any other reason they wouldn't be with Jack, Hurley, and Kate...

So where are Sayeed and Sun?

I loved Sawyer's talk with Richard, hehe....that was great...

At least the statue makes sense now, if it is indeed Anubis. There are some sculptures found depicting him with 4 toes, and he is the god of the Underworld (same as they heiroglyphics on the counter in the Swan Station).......

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So far, it seems only John Locke and Ben are separated from everyone else.

And good ol Desmond.

I'm guessing they are in our (the viewers') time frame...and that they were separated because they "left" the island via the donkey wheel...
Just a guess...can't see any other reason they wouldn't be with Jack, Hurley, and Kate...

Likely.

Somewhere around.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

when did desmond board the plane? i didnt think he was on it?

the captain went off with sun i think. not sure whats up with sayid but according to eyewitnesses on the plane he just disappeared.

anubis has longer ears doesnt he?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Desmond wasnt on the plane. I was just saying, I think he`ll still play an important part.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

anubis has longer ears doesnt he?

Wouldn't be seen from the back if wearing a headress....which it appeared the statue was... May have to pause that and zoom in some...

I remember a long time ago though..that the producers said they wanted it to be 6 toes, but then decided most people would see 5 and not get the impact they looked for, so went to 4...they just wanted it NOT to have 5 toes...so the 4 may not be important.....

Desmond wasnt on the plane. I was just saying, I think he`ll still play an important part.

I'm betting he has some more flashes and then seeks out Mrs. Hawking.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
one of my mates had the theory that the island might have been atlantis. who knows eh?

either way things are really starting to heat up.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Out of all the places I could have been on Google Earth I clicked on that first. Just amazing.

Interesting. Now was it coincidence or fate?

yesterdays episode was great. Looks like Season 5 will continue in the year 1978.

I wonder for how long, though I am sure that Locke, Ben, and the other crash survivors are in the present time. That's why, I guess, they didn't disappear like Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, and Sun did.

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
so does that mean the plane that was carrying them crashed in the 1970's version of where the island was? or are the crew of the plane with john in another time frame? and jack hugo and kate got teleported somewhere else?

Yes, maybe they are in two different times.

dam so many questions..... sheeeeeee another 7 day wait.

No, we have to wait two weeks.

Looks like we are going to see them in the next episode. Sayid seems to be in the '70s with Sawyer, Juliet, Jack, Kate, and them, and Sun appears to be by the beach. Most likely she is the the '70s too.

I loved Sawyer's talk with Richard, hehe....that was great...

Yeah.

when did desmond board the plane? i didnt think he was on it?

He didn't. Skyfloating, I assume, was just mentioning him. Desmond left the group after talking with Hawking.

the captain went off with sun i think. not sure whats up with sayid but according to eyewitnesses on the plane he just disappeared.

So he is in the '70s too. Nice theory about the pilot and Sun, but I think that she is in the '70s and, I am sure, and the pilot wouldn't be in that time frame.

See, TiM3LoRd.

I remember a long time ago though..that the producers said they wanted it to be 6 toes, but then decided most people would see 5 and not get the impact they looked for, so went to 4...they just wanted it NOT to have 5 toes...so the 4 may not be important.....

I never knew that, how cool!

I'm betting he has some more flashes and then seeks out Mrs. Hawking.

Yup, maybe in his episode, "The Variable," which, as the name suggests, is reminiscent of "The Constant."

I liked this episode. I love how we are, hopefully, going to learn about DHARMA now. That was such as tease with the statue (we only saw the back). I am a '24' fan, so I liked seeing Reiko Aylesworth play Amy in this episode. I am thinking that Miles and Daniel left on the submarine, but, obviously, Sawyer, Juliet, and Jin didn't. Also, I am pondering the idea that Daniel caused Charlotte to not come back to the island. This would make sense and would explain why her body disappeared, as Daniel said.

Here is the trailer for the next episode, entitled "Namaste." From the looks of it, Jack and Kate join DHARMA too, and Sayid, in handcuffs, meets Jin. Of course, though, he's not going to die!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

im pretty sure miles and Daniel stayed with dharma in fact daniel is seen in the first episode of season 5 wearing dharma clothing and miles helped sawyer carry the leader of dharma when he was drunk and throwing dynamite around.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

im pretty sure miles and Daniel stayed with dharma in fact daniel is seen in the first episode of season 5 wearing dharma clothing and miles helped sawyer carry the leader of dharma when he was drunk and throwing dynamite around.

I forgot about Daniel in the first episode (I don't know how) and I forgot that Miles helped with Horace. But didn't Horace give them two weeks to stay on the island after that incident or before? If it was after, Miles could have left on the submarine. Daniel also could have left if he did whatever he did in the first episode within those two weeks. Yeah, maybe he stopped Charlotte from coming to the island and then left the island to live with her (but then he would be way older than her, as she is just a child right now). I don't have much free time to rewatch episodes, so I'm a bit rusty with some facts. Thanks for reminding me!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
good episode

What I don't get is this...

If Sawyer, et al have been on the island in the 1970s, why then do they not remember being on the island at t he start when the plane crashes?

I'm getting into time travel loops and all that now....

So they go back in time with the island to 1970 something......somehow manage to get back to present day 2004 roughly....then all get on a plane and crash.
Should these guys not remember who Dharma are and should they not remember being on the island in the 1970s?

This is hurting my head again......

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

good episode

What I don't get is this...

If Sawyer, et al have been on the island in the 1970s, why then do they not remember being on the island at t he start when the plane crashes?

I'm sorry I don't understand what your trying to ask?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think what celticnail is trying to imply is that there is a possibilty that some of these events have transpired and are about to again. Even Faraday made the comment while he was mumbling "it doesnt matter, what has happened - happened."

One of the theories i myself am warming up to is that the Losties "were" there in some capacity or some of the troupe that is currently there are repeat performers. Especially Juliet.
Remember back when Juliets big episode came about (Not in Portland?) and she was told "you do look just like her" in regards to someone Ben had feelings for. I think this is something we are going to see coming up in the next few episodes with little Ben. However (sidetracking here).... i think the course of events is about to change now because i dont think Amy's baby was meant to survive the birth. However, this could be contradictory to what I had said before in regards to Juliet and she was there doing her part "just like before" - if thats how it happened. in any case, this is LOST and :bash:.....whatever happens, it'll probably still be kickA**

[edit on 9-3-2009 by spikedmilk]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Also, with regards to Miles and Daniel and Charlotte.....I remember there being a reference to them being on the Island before....

so, going by that logic, thus, Sawyer and the rest, when they arrive on the Island via the first plane crash in Season 1, have already been on the island in the 1970s.
They were part of Dharma, and they might even have played a part in the demise of Dharma.....

Time line

1970s - Sawyer, Jack, etc appear at Dharma
1970s - They integrate into Dharma society
Sometime between 1979ish and 2000ish - they get back ???
2004 - Plane crash on the Island
2004 - Go back in time to 1970s

Time loop.....
Unless they are on a different timeline....?

Why don't the others recognize them from the past, especially Richard?

This is getting complicated...I'm gonna try and not think about it and just enjoy the show

[edit on 9-3-2009 by celticniall]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious they are not going to stay in this timeline, or something is going to happen. e.g they all die etc.

I wonder hmmm.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't think it would be a time loop. I think that they went back in time, but what transpires because of this does not affect Season One for some reason. Maybe it is a different timeline or something.

Originally posted by spikedmilk
However (sidetracking here).... i think the course of events is about to change now because i dont think Amy's baby was meant to survive the birth.

That's an interesting idea!

Also, with regards to Miles and Daniel and Charlotte.....I remember there being a reference to them being on the Island before....

Yes, but maybe Miles and Charlotte were on the island before because they was born on the island, as opposed to them being on the island before solely because of time travel. We have seen the baby of Dr. Pierre Chang (who might be Miles) and we saw Charlotte as a child on the island, so maybe this thinking is correct. As far as Daniel is concerned, though, I'm not to sure how too account for him being on the island before except for the timetravel.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join