It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Written by the finger of god? What was ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The way I see it an all powerful God can talk to everyone. And I believe that is exactly what he would do. Not single out one person, but talk to the whole planet. If the Israelis were his chosen people, everyone would know about it and there would be no trouble with the Palestinians over it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by crmanager

f you listen hard one can actually hear people laughing at you. I will inore your childish anti-christain hatered for a moment to say that you provide simple opinions and nothing more.

I suppose if I listen even harder I will hear the spirit of the lord telling me to terrify my children into somehow not turning out gay, or how a woman is worth far less than a man and that i should make sure she complies.

Yes my opinions are simple, very simple and also changeable unlike the religious that would force me to comply with their thinking.

But the christian is instructed to think like a child , wonder why ?

Don't forget that you have to keep your woman out in the barn with the animals when she is menstruating due to her being "unclean". According to Leviticus.

Hey check out the last three digits of my point count. 666

[edit on 1-12-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
When and where are "Christians" doing all of these things. Up on a soapbox and telling lies. I have not seen this and I've been looking.

Seriously, I have not had this experience. Where is all of this going on?

Here's a little example, so who exactly, would you say is telling the truth in this clip and what evidence is there for this truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Wow, that was quite a display. I've never seen this before. I don't know how to respond; I will withdraw and meditate on this for a few hours.

One question...Is that Christians attacking other Christians or something. I don't get it?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldn1989

i agree with you totally but what i dont agree with, eventhough i have no religion, why everyone always states that the christians are wrong. Why is it never the muslims or the jews

I have yet to come across but one Jew who insists that I should believe as they do and would force me to do this given the opportunity.

Neither have I come across a Jew carrying a placard down mys street telling my children that if they don't act like a Jew they will be tortured for eternity.

No Jew has ever tried to dictate to my local education authority, that my children should be taught nonsense like the earth was created in 6 days contrary to my wishes as a parent.

Never has a Jew come to my house insisting that the earth was coming to an end and I should get on my knees and pray to an invisible man in the sky.

As far as I'm aware no Jew has barbecued to death another human being for refusing to become a Jew.

I have yet to hear of a case where Jews have burned a person alive for having black skin.

Never has synagogue held a picket at the funeral of dead soldier telling the mourners the deceased deserved to die.

No rabbi has ever appeared on my TV asking me to send god money to save my soul.

In relation to muslims, well to be perfectly honest one delusional religion is as nutty as the next as far as I'm concerned. The rise of xtian fundamentalism seems to me to be as great a threat to the future of my children as islamic extremists. But the xtians are crapping on my lawn at the moment so I personally choose to fight back.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
Being a woman - the bible is an insult to my divinity and a danger to my life. I don't beleive in a masculine god, and do not trust the intelligence of women who do. It is a novel - there is no proof, and most people break most of these rules all day long.

I am with you, HulaAnglers, I too have never thought of the One Creatoress as a masculine figure, a man, if you will. I have always thought of, and prayed to the Goddess, the mother of us all, even though mankind labels her a whore and worse. This was so that men could run everything, and look at how they have done it; look around at the world man has made, and how they have destroyed it in the process.
The bible is written by men too, in an effort to control the power of women, but this time is coming to a close. Women are becoming empowered every day, and the Feminine is coming to bear. The return of Goddess worship is imminent, though Christianity and Islam will fight it for all they are worth. I believe strongly that it will be the women who lead us all to a new world after the events concerning the cycle are upon us, as we all pass into a new dimension of time and space. It will be up to the men to give the women the power they need to do this, I am inclined to think, for the men have taken most power away from womankind.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

One question...Is that Christians attacking other Christians or something. I don't get it?

Dude all I know is these people wave a bible about and slag each other off and if they had their way my children would have to live like them.

Meditate by all means, pleas please don't start praying because you'll have to have someone to pray to and we all know where that madness leads.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Hearing all these wonderful things that the Jewish people do different from the Christians really makes one wonder...Why all the calls for Death to Israel...?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I have to admit some of the behavior on that video is difficult to defend. Why were those guys digging into the Mormons like that? What provoked that response?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I have noticed that the so called "Patriot Movement" is mostly composed of Christians. That in itself does not make the movement unsound. I will gladly stand with the Christians to fight off tyranny and oppression, even though we have different beliefs. We of the Wiccan faith do not discriminate against other faiths, we accept that everyone is entitled to his or her own beliefs and such. what makes us angry is well meaning Christians who try and shove they beliefs and ways down our collective throats.

Wiccans in the U.S.:

The massive American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) is probably the most accurate source for religious identification. 1 It was a telephone poll taken during 2001-FEB to JUN. However, even their estimates contain room for errors:

* Some heavily oppressed and discriminated against groups, like Wiccans and other Neopagans, often refuse to reveal their religion to a stranger over the telephone because of safety concerns. So, the actual number of Wiccans is probably much larger than the survey indicates.
* In the ARIS study of 1990, 2.3% of those contacted refused to disclose their religion. In the 2001 survey, the number had grown to 5.4%. The latter number represents over 11 million adults. The reason for this increase in desire for secrecy is unknown.
* The terminology is confusing. As a result of the 2001 survey, they estimate that there are 134,000 Wiccans and 140,000 Pagans in the U.S. But many Wiccans describe themselves as Pagans. So, the number of Wiccans is probably larger than indicated.

Our best estimate of the total number of Wiccans in the U.S. during 2001 is based on the ARIS study:

Number of Wiccan found by ARIS: 134,000 adults
Number of Pagans found by ARIS: 140,000 adults
Total Wiccans and Pagans: 274,000 adults
Less estimated Pagans who are not Wiccans: - 70,000 adults
Total Wiccans: 204,000 adults
Estimated number of Wiccans who refused to disclose religion 204,000 adults
Total Wiccan adults in the U.S. 408,000 adults
Total Wiccans (adults plus children) 750,000 people

Wiccans in Canada:

If there are on the order of 750,000 Wiccans in the U.S., then one might expect about 70,000 in Canada. The Statistics Canada census estimates that there were 5,530 Canadian "Pagans" in 1991 and 21,080 in 2001 -- an increase of 381% over one decade. 2 If we assume that only about 30% of Pagans feel sufficiently safe and secure to tell their real religion to a census taker, who is a member of their community, then 70,000 Canadian Pagans might be an accurate estimate for the year 2001.
Number of Wiccans elsewhere:

An unidentified study in 1997 predicted that there were 100,000 practicing Neopagans in the United Kingdom. The Pagan Federation in the UK reported in 1999 that they were currently receiving 100 inquiries a month from potential new recruits. Kate West, vice president of the Pagan Federation and a practicing Wiccan said: "Spiritually, people want more than the paternalistic 'I will tell you what to think and what to do' attitude. As a race we are maturing. We want to make our own decisions about our own morality. We don't believe in indoctrination." 3

The Australian census reported that the number of Wiccans had grown from fewer than 2,000 in 1996, to almost 9,000 in 2001. The number of Pagans more than doubled to 10,632 in 2001. Druids, animists and pantheists also increased in numbers.

www.religioustolerance.org...

We are growing in number every day as people, tired of the same old, stale teachings at the Church, which demonizes and enslaves women.... leave for greener pastures and a better life as a Free Spirit, instead of an enslaved one.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

f you listen hard one can actually hear people laughing at you. I will inore your childish anti-christain hatered for a moment to say that you provide simple opinions and nothing more.

I suppose if I listen even harder I will hear the spirit of the lord telling me to terrify my children into somehow not turning out gay, or how a woman is worth far less than a man and that i should make sure she complies.

Yes my opinions are simple, very simple and also changeable unlike the religious that would force me to comply with their thinking.

But the christian is instructed to think like a child , wonder why ?

Now I get it. It all goes back to the "Chrsitians hate gays and women" thing. OK...take a breath...relax spanky.

The Bible does not hate gays or women. People do. Germans are not guilty for the Holocaust, lunatics were. The CIA is not responsible for AIDS, it is a disease found naturally in the jungle.

You want to live your life full of hate you will burn out.

I will just laugh at people like you who say "I say it, so it is true." You know, just like you say "All Christians hate women and gays."

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I believe the Constitution calls for Freedom of Religion, and to me this means ALL Religions. This is not a Christian Nation, and never was one. Face it.

If we don't change as a species and call for our planet to be free of religion, the there may not be any nations left.

I will admit to allowing myself what could be construed as a delusion, the call I hear is that of my kids in the future crying, "Dad why didn't you do something"

This here on ATS is my little bit for them, I don't claim to be right and I don't claim to know it all and I certainly don't claim to be better than anyone else.

But there's something very wrong with having someone else dictate how a person should act or think especially because an imaginary god in the sky says so.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Good your back! Please tell me who are all these people laughing at moocowman. I want names, I want proof.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It was truly an evil statement - are you a christian

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The way I see it an all powerful God can talk to everyone. And I believe that is exactly what he would do. Not single out one person, but talk to the whole planet. If the Israelis were his chosen people, everyone would know about it and there would be no trouble with the Palestinians over it.

And, by the way, inspire more than one book, too. Does the average Christian ever think of this? I was told long ago by a minister that the Bible was the only true book in existence, period. All other books are works of the Devil. At the time I was reading "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo" by Capt. Ted W. Lawson. A true story of one man's historic flight, the book follows the writer from flight training to the first bombing of Japan. You can imagine the argument that came of this, why would a God, in his infinite wisdom, inspire but one book, and no others? To say the Lawson's book is a lie, and a work of the Devil, does not make sense to an intelligent, free spirited person.

In my life I have successfully channelled several entities which I will not name here. A well meaning Christian can have a vision, or channel Jesus, but the beings I channel are demons and devils. Who decided this in the first place? Who decided to take Solomon, probably the world's greatest sorcerer, and make him into a wise King? It is known that the man worshipped a Goddess, and had statues of her all over his kingdom, look it up if you doubt me. And Moses, a Sumerian trained in the courts of Egypt is suddenly a messenger of the God Yahweh? Who, BTW, led the people in a spaceship that spat fire in the day, and smoke at night? And who was God taking to when he said, "let us create them?" Himself? The whole Christian story is filled with murder, incest, and lies and deceit. Read here.

What DID the Early Christians Believe?
jesusneverexisted.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I will just laugh at people like you who say "I say it, so it is true." You know, just like you say "All Christians hate women and gays."

Hey big boy, personally I've not claimed all Christians hate women or gays, that would be quite a dumb thing to say.

However I may have pointed out more than once perhaps that, the bibles do quite clearly say that god hates men who lay with other men, be it the act or the person.

The bibles also quite clearly point out that a woman is worth not much more than lets say the livestock and should be treated as such.

You can choose to believe these scripture or not it's up to you but what is quite apparent from the source of the said same scriptures that there was nothing written by a god. To claim this is a lie, unless of course you can prove otherwise which I believe is where this thread started.

Laugh all you want my friend, ever thought of asking yourself why you do that ?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn

I have to admit some of the behavior on that video is difficult to defend. Why were those guys digging into the Mormons like that? What provoked that response?

That's basically how people act when they believe they're right my friend, religion seems to drag it to the extreme.

Unshakably faith can sometimes mean a complete lack of critical thinking.

here's a little vid you may or may not like on the subject, choice is your your mind is yours.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Are you saying you would like to see religion dominated by women, through the worship of a 'goddess'?
Is a goddess deity yet just another fairy tale? Something made up for angry man hating women to feel empowered by? From what book does the goddess originate from, and what would convince me that this is not just more stuff from the same steaming pile, mythology from ancient times trying to explain how the world works, or how to explain why it's women who get pregnant and bring forth life, so the mother of all of us, must be a female, a goddess.

Where does this goddess stuff come from?

How about no religion and no domination from male or female? Making woman dominant in religion would only shift the problem. We need gender neutrality, not another religion that takes a side.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Being a woman - the bible is an insult to my divinity and a danger to my life.

Couldn't agree more, we have but to look at how islam treats women to see the history of Christianity.

Wait for the response -- Ah but we don't do that now -----

Yeah right given half the chance.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Growing up I had some priests and nuns in my environment, they were delightfull beings I was lucky. Back in those days it was catholism, even as a small child I was forced into confession and had to invent sins just to fit in, they knew and thought it cute, around here the eldest son and daughter was handed to the church, like a forced religious lifetime draft - some of these people dropped out and married, others led a hyppocritical perverted double life, and some were just plain good and devoted even they could not live what they preached from those books. Here in Quebec the churches are converted into expensive condos now, and people from other countries that have been welcomed here are imposing their religions on us. They are a pain to us and are generating bigotry. Their kids just want stuff, Its all gonna crack

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join