It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Written by the finger of god? What was ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by checkers

I realize that you are taunting Christians with your insults and scoffing. People taunted Jesus too. Thank God that I have a role model to follow; a role model who never did anything wrong but yet was murdered by people who insulted and scoffed at him too. People like you help me to believe that the Bible is true and divinely inspired. You prove to me that the Bible is true. Thank you for increasing my faith in it.

Dude no one is taunting anyone, clearly not only are you unable to read exodus but you also deliberately or out of ignorance missed the point of the thread.

You blindly follow a religious cult, that would given the opportunity influence the lives of my family and myself. Your reasoning (ie Christianity) for your interference is that the bibles tell you to do this and that they and their contents are written by the finger of god.

I have shown that this is a lie and therefore christians who claim that the bibles are written by the finger of god are liars.

Moses came down the mountain with nothing written by god , if you would like to debate this, fair enough but please keep on topic.

If you are unable to prove your case, then all I ask is that you and christianity keep your delusions to yourself, it's time the christian cult had its butt spanked, and I got a paddle.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
You say you don't hate christians......i say you lie. The account of Moses and the burning bush, God writing the ten commandments with his finger on tablets of stone are JEWISH in origin. There were no christians at the time.....do you get my point? Christians accept the Old Testament because Jesus did and because it was the sole source for information about God. Muslims also accept the Old Testament for similar reasons, thats where you also find the story of Abraham.... It is wrong to collectively attack belief systems of any people simply because they have a different way of expressing it. People generally speak in the manner in which they were taught.

Dude thank you for your (typically christian) tangential response.
First off I'm not a liar, If I hated xtians then I'd say so, I have a spine so it's no problem for me to admit it, if it were true.

I don't hate you I hate what you do, how difficult can that be for you to understand.

Given that what you do is reliant upon the bibles being written by the finger of an omniscient creator of all that there is. What you do is clearly erroneous, as I have shown that moses came down the mountain with nothing written by a god be it the jesusgod yawehgod allah god or the flying spaghetti monster.

If you could kindly remain on topic i would be very grateful (eternally or otherwise) and we may further discuss how your religious cult can be prevented from impinging upon the lives of rational people .

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

You say this:

"Dude no one is taunting anyone"

Then you say this:

"You blindly follow a religious cult,"

and this:

"Dude thank you for your (typically christian) tangential response"

Whilst still expecting us to believe this:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The real problem here is everyone's inability to live and let live. I truly think Christians should stop listening to the words of people and look introspectively to find their own religion. However, I can not MAKE them do that.

What is true, is that true understanding of your religion is an individuals task, not to be supplied by peddlers who just continually regurgitate others' words.

I don't find fault in any religion, only those who follow other peoples' opinions about how their religion should be practiced. And most people are guilty of this.

What proves to me who is looking out for me? Well it isn't worth telling you because it is coming out of my mouth, and my mouth is sure to rehash events in my life at an inaccurate level. And I also think it takes someone's ability to be receptive to find true happiness, and I cannot supply that, only what I believe.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

You say this:

Then you say this:

"You blindly follow a religious cult,"

and this:

Whilst still expecting us to believe this:

How the hell is this taunting anyone ? these are observations of the typical actions of christians no more.

When a person or group of people try to influence the way that I choose to live my life and defend their actions by insisting that an imaginary god tells them to do so I will ask for evidence.

When these people continue along this path without any evidence to support their actions, completely refusing to desist in their activities, without ever proving their case, this indeed is the hallmark of blindly following a religious cult.

Going off on a tangent is typical of a christian response when questioned upon the source of their authority to attempt to dictate how others should live their lives.

The observation was made that nothing was written by the finger of any god, the christian community claim that there is, contrary to the evidence and use this lie as as a basis for their repulsive attempts to dictate how other people should live.

I have proposed that Christians are liars and they deliberately continue to perpetuate a lie. Quoting scriptures written by unknown authors edited by unknown people in relation to hearsay is most definitely going off on a tangent.

When it comes to taunting the christians seem have it down to a fine art, is it too much to ask that they prove their case as non delusional ?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

"How the hell is this taunting anyone ?"

Followed by:

"I have proposed that Christians are liars"

*What about Jews? You haven't the same about them...

"Going off on a tangent is typical of a christian response..."

You shouldn't be giving advice about "going off on tangents"...

"When it comes to taunting the christians seem have it down to a fine art.."

You are the one doing the taunting, stereotyping and generalizing - which amount to being de facto lies and untruths.

You have become the very thing you decry: 'tangent goer-offers who taunt and lie'... I L0L hard at you.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
actually moocowman is right.. most christians dont follow their own teachings except for when it suits their purpose then tend to twist scripture and change it for their own ends..the bible has even been changed and on top of that they choose to ignore the contradictions

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

*What about Jews? You haven't the same about them...

I have yet to come across but one Jew who insists that I should believe as they do and would force me to do this given the opportunity.

Neither have I come across a Jew carrying a placard down mys street telling my children that if they don't act like a Jew they will be tortured for eternity.

No Jew has ever tried to dictate to my local education authority, that my children should be taught nonsense like the earth was created in 6 days contrary to my wishes as a parent.

Never has a Jew come to my house insisting that the earth was coming to an end and I should get on my knees and pray to an invisible man in the sky.

As far as I'm aware no Jew has barbecued to death another human being for refusing to become a Jew.

I have yet to hear of a case where Jews have burned a person alive for having black skin.

Never has synagogue held a picket at the funeral of dead soldier telling the mourners the deceased deserved to die.

No rabbi has ever appeared on my TV asking me to send god money to save my soul.

Want me to go on ?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

"I have yet to hear of a case where Jews have burned a person alive for having black skin. "

But they did crucify a guy for openly going against their religious doctrine...

He wasn't black though.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What you are really doing is looking at those who claim to be something, but truly aren't. Jesus says those who claim to be Jews, but aren't. Of course, Christianity is a Jewish sect, and those who followed Jesus were Jews etc. So when he says that, the people you point out are actually these people.

These people are obviously ignorant, and they do not realize that Jesus even warns and says he will dismiss people like this.

I mean, just check out this chapter.

www.biblegateway.com...

Obviously these people aren't doing what they claim to believe. The very first verse is:

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Anyway, this is what you can expect of those people you point out.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Basically, by their actions can you tell who is true or not, and it's by the actions you point out that you can see they aren't. Iniquity means sin, so these are people who work in sin(hypocrites).

The bible is not the word of god. It was written by men. The church is evil, I call it the church of Satan.

There is nothing in what you say that I really disagree with. The only thing is that like someone else pointed out, is that if you view everyone as such, then you kind of falsely accuse some people in the process.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

God wrote the bible, it's just who God is that people are a little askew on, but there is no doubt it was written by men...opps...did I give it away?

Serve one another, that's what any body does, the same way your cells serve your body. All we are is bigger cells in a bigger body, the body OF THE LIVING GOD.

In the words of Ali G. "Respect"

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

"God wrote the bible"

The council of Nicea wrote the Bible.

Then King James rewrote and Updated it and Ruled that his was the only one his subjects were authorized to own.

*Hence the 'King James AUTHORIZED Version' - If you got caught with another version and you'd find yourself in jail or worse.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

"I have yet to hear of a case where Jews have burned a person alive for having black skin. "

But they did crucify a guy for openly going against their religious doctrine...

He wasn't black though.

Although there is no evidence whatsoever that this alleged event actually took place, the Narrative clearly shows that but a handful of people were involved in the plot to be rid of yet another messiah.
To claim that the jewish people as a race crucified him it a complete fabrication (a lie) the scriptures themselves bare this out. Only the Romans crucified anyone (this is an historical fact) in this jurisdiction, if the jewish people as a whole did the killing then who the hell were the alleged thousands of people that were his supporters?

Roman puppets did roman bidding and roman soldiers did roman killing, the gospels are flawed throughout and full of contradiction to begin with this is without even considering authorship.

No he probably wouldn't have been black , just a regular jew, contrary to hundreds of years portrayed as a blond haired blue eyed white dude, yet another christian lie.

But there we go off on a tangent again, the fact remains (yet to be disproved) that nothing was written by the finger of god, the bibles were written by men which includes the gospels. Still no evidence of any omniscient creator of all that is writing anything in books, making said books contents hearsay written by men and flawed.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Egyptian, same as Hebrew, Egyptian taken from Egyptian is Egyptian. Jesus learned in Egypt. Moses learned in Egypt. Joseph learned in Egypt.

The place which is "spiritually" called Egypt, where your Lord was crucified and hung on the Ankh.

As the op said, "The mountain God", yes a Volcano who "scribed" into stone the 10 laws. Who's heat was so intense the bush combusted with out fire, the shaper of the ARK called a pyramid that is made to the specs shown in the "mountain".

You need a tried and tested "Caldera" to keep down Gods wrath from spewing liquid hot magma, so like the shape shown "in the mountain" you need a "Capstone" that the chief builders(you and I) reject. If it does then, "fire snakes" come down the mountain and consume the people.

"Coming down the mountain...."

Baal Cain worshipers from the beginning. Baal Cain OH! Every culture, everywhere sacrificed to Volcanos because that's where the "spirit" hot wind came from. Fear an Angry God....Who's wrath is brighter then the sun...the lake of fire.

Egypt, Mary, America...whose stone is Yellow.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

"But there we go off on a tangent again"

*Clearly, you are the only 'tangent goer-offer' on this thread.

Did you start it just so you could 'go off on a tangent'?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

"God wrote the bible"

The council of Nicea wrote the Bible.

Then King James rewrote and Updated it and Ruled that his was the only one his subjects were authorized to own.

*Hence the 'King James AUTHORIZED Version' - If you got caught with another version and you'd find yourself in jail or worse.

Well actually they compiled the bible, not wrote it, but might as well have.

1611 we entered confusion...Babylon...400 years is just about up.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

"But there we go off on a tangent again"

*Clearly, you are the only 'tangent goer-offer' on this thread.

Did you start it just so you could 'go off on a tangent'?

So do I take this to mean, you accept the fact that nothing was written by the finger of a god, and the contrary is a lie perpetuated by Christianity ?

If you now accept this, then is it not a fair request that xtians keep their delusions to themselves and not try to interfere in the lives of others?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

What you are really doing is looking at those who claim to be something, but truly aren't. Jesus says those who claim to be Jews, but aren't. Of course, Christianity is a Jewish sect, and those who followed Jesus were Jews etc. So when he says that, the people you point out are actually these people.

No what I'm really doing is asking xtians why they insist on forcing their delusion on other people. Their delusion is quite clearly based on lies is totally irrelevant and damaging to humanity with a potential to harm my children.

Believe what you want just keep it to yourself so to speak, however xtians insist on inflicting their bizarre beliefs upon the rest of us based on the bible being written by the finger of god which is a lie.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I've never even heard that the Bible was written by 'The Finger of God'.
The first Ten Commandments were and then Moses broke them.
Moses had to write the next Ten.

How are Christians 'forcing their opinions' on you?
Are you being 'gang-stalked'?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Clearskies]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join