It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Written by the finger of god? What was ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by moocowman

God wrote the bible, it's just who God is that people are a little askew on, but there is no doubt it was written by men...opps...did I give it away?

Serve one another, that's what any body does, the same way your cells serve your body. All we are is bigger cells in a bigger body, the body OF THE LIVING GOD.

In the words of Ali G. "Respect"

There's no WHO to god dude, god was a figment of the imagination of the men who knocked the bible together.

I hear your hints at a "Universal mind" type thing, but am trying to stay on topic, which basically is Christianity is based on lies and perpetuates lies in order to sustain its own delusion, and crap on my front lawn.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
clearskies.. for the most part yes.. and yes they do try to force their codes and ideals down everyones throats and insist that everyone abide buy them

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

How?
second line.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

i agree with you totally but what i dont agree with, eventhough i have no religion, why everyone always states that the christians are wrong. Why is it never the muslims or the jews

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You are so right here, moocowman, I have been saying this for years, though not so outright as you so eloquently have. It's true, Christians, man wrote your famous book, not God, but I will wager that before this thread is two pages long, it will be filled with Bible quotes, for these are the Christian's only real defence, isn't it? I will also bet they get their false god, created also by man, Jesus out for battle too.

It was such a good plan, to cement all religions together, much as the NWO wants to do now, into one, nice little package, and call it Christianity. Then send soldiers out on Crusades to kill anyone who disputed them, or worshipped a "false" God, when the very God they killed in the name of was also false! The funny thing is, the plan is still working...people still try, after all this time and effort, to "save" everyone, even though it says in their own book we all simply will not fit in their Heaven. (only 144,000 allowed) Then they, the Christians, along with everything else, decide to utterly destroy the Earth, their very Mother, and fully depend on this fake God to come save them all, and leave us infidels and Pagans to fend for ourselves. Nice plan.

I believe the Constitution calls for Freedom of Religion, and to me this means ALL Religions. This is not a Christian Nation, and never was one. Face it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Being a woman - the bible is an insult to my divinity and a danger to my life. I don't beleive in a masculine god, and do not trust the intelligence of women who do. It is a novel - there is no proof, and most people break most of these rules all day long.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
So, we were led to believe since being little children that the 10 commandments and even the bibles themselves were written by the finger of god.

Christians stand on their soap boxes, screaming at the world trying to dictate how everyone should conduct themselves, according to what were written by “The finger of god” and when we ask the deluded Christian why we should believe the nonsense they continuingly spew from their mouths, the reply is always “look in the bible” it’s right there written by the finger of god”.

So we look in the bibles and what do we find? Well Moses went up a mountain leaving the sheeple at the bottom, he returns to them after he had a chat with a god and moses told the sheeple what the god had to say. Moses even went to the trouble of writing down in a book, what the god had to say, not as though the sheeple would have known what was written in this book as they would mostly have been illiterate.

The mountain god was supposed to have written something itself, with its’ very own finger on some stone tables/tablets, but was obviously not omniscient enough to have foreseen moses breaking them whilst throwing his toys out of the pram, when he learned of his brother and the sheeple worshiping bull and not the mountain god.

So what did moses end up with that was written by the god ?
Nothing! Zilch Nada, Zero.

Nothing was written by Yahwe/,Jehova / El shaddai/ Jesus or whatever you want to call it

Nothing

Christians please stop lying to the children! God wrote nothing, you have been lied to!

If you listen hard one can actually hear people laughing at you. I will inore your childish anti-christain hatered for a moment to say that you provide simple opinions and nothing more.

And you believe that opinion is enough. Wait...you sound like the Christians that you are impugning.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You know. Most of those aware and AGAINST the NWO ARE Christians.
It's all through the Old and New Testaments.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

we are bombarded with it constantly.. open u'r eyes.. we've got the fundies like bush and his cronies, the phelpses.. now i'm not saying all christians do this.. but it is in their docterine to push this ideal.. or am i mistaken??

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

"If you listen hard one can actually hear people laughing at you. . I will inore your childish anti-christain hatered for a moment to say that you provide simple opinions and nothing more." In this statement I see proof of your own evilness...

[edit on 12-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

I watch Bush and his government, sometimes. I don't see them pushing anything Christian since around 9-11.
As to the Phelps crowd, I don't see them at all.
I hope they quit their hatred for people and picketing funerals.
Free speech allows us to hear LOTS of different people, not just Christians.
Even moocowman.
Which one should we outlaw?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

He's not evil.
What the?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This reminds me of the golden plates that Joseph Smith, the founder of the mormon faith supposedly found in the woods, nobody but him ever saw them, but he started a religion.

Smith's announcement that he had taken possession of the plates brought him local notoriety, and brought the curious to his door to see the wooden chest in which the plates were kept. He allowed visitors to heft the chest, but never to look inside, because he said the angel had commanded him not to display the plates to others.
en.wikipedia.org...

Simply amazing! People want to believe in something so bad, they will grasp at straws to embrace a possible lie as truth.

Mega-Faith!

So we have no ten commandment stones, and we have no mormon golden plates, but we have the religions that these likely fictitious items have spawned.

That's it! I have a tool box (it really has junk and tools in it) it's kinda heavy, but I will tell people it has things in it written by god, that if they were to ever to see it, would burn their eyes from their sockets and be forever tormented in agony.

I will gain many followers to the toolbox faith, and I will be the leader, for I am the only one who can peer inside the sacred box, and only I hold the key.

Amen!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

f you listen hard one can actually hear people laughing at you. I will inore your childish anti-christain hatered for a moment to say that you provide simple opinions and nothing more.

I suppose if I listen even harder I will hear the spirit of the lord telling me to terrify my children into somehow not turning out gay, or how a woman is worth far less than a man and that i should make sure she complies.

Yes my opinions are simple, very simple and also changeable unlike the religious that would force me to comply with their thinking.

But the christian is instructed to think like a child , wonder why ?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

We are to be like a child to God, not man.
Jesus said, "Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves"

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has brought up Daniel 5 yet.

moocowman, first you say the Bible is all lies, then you say

To claim that the jewish people as a race crucified him it a complete fabrication (a lie) the scriptures themselves bare this out.

using what you consider a lie to debunk a lie. Whoa.

According to Scripture, the Pharisees certainly wanted Jesus dead. They did not have the power to condemn a man to death though, only the Roman governor, Pontius, did.

Imo, it was God's will that Jesus die on the cross, His purpose in coming to earth in human form. Scripture bears this out, as well. See the prayers of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.

All tangents aside, this thread is about the finger of God writing scripture, right.

Daniel 5

1 Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand.

2 Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein.

3 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them.

4 They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.

5 In the same hour came forth fingers of a man’s hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king’s palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.

6 Then the king’s countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.

-------

22 And thou his son, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though thou knewest all this;

23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:

24 Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was written.

25 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.

26 This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.

27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.

29 Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom.

30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.

TEKEL

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
while there are some good ideas in the bible.. it still was written by man and enforced by the church.. and a lot of its inconsistancies and mistranslations and outright missrepresentations are coming to light.. and a majority of bible thumping christians dont want to believe it.. then a good protion of them only follow bits and pieces and then usually only to dehumanize others..and there is a long and proven history of that

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
When and where are "Christians" doing all of these things. Up on a soapbox and telling lies. I have not seen this and I've been looking.

Seriously, I have not had this experience. Where is all of this going on?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

crmanager who is laughing at moocowman, I want a list, I want proof.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

using what you consider a lie to debunk a lie. Whoa.

My response was to the claim that the jews had jesus killed, I endevoured to point out that I considered this tale myth. However having read the myth one cannot but help but come to the conclusion that I came to.

I did not intentionally use a lie to debunk a lie, far from it. I observed what appear to be lies being used to support a lie, the previous posts would bare this out.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join