It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Written by the finger of god? What was ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So, we were led to believe since being little children that the 10 commandments and even the bibles themselves were written by the finger of god.

Christians stand on their soap boxes, screaming at the world trying to dictate how everyone should conduct themselves, according to what were written by “The finger of god” and when we ask the deluded Christian why we should believe the nonsense they continuingly spew from their mouths, the reply is always “look in the bible” it’s right there written by the finger of god”.

So we look in the bibles and what do we find? Well Moses went up a mountain leaving the sheeple at the bottom, he returns to them after he had a chat with a god and moses told the sheeple what the god had to say. Moses even went to the trouble of writing down in a book, what the god had to say, not as though the sheeple would have known what was written in this book as they would mostly have been illiterate.

The mountain god was supposed to have written something itself, with its’ very own finger on some stone tables/tablets, but was obviously not omniscient enough to have foreseen moses breaking them whilst throwing his toys out of the pram, when he learned of his brother and the sheeple worshiping bull and not the mountain god.

So what did moses end up with that was written by the god ?
Nothing! Zilch Nada, Zero.

Nothing was written by Yahwe/,Jehova / El shaddai/ Jesus or whatever you want to call it

Nothing

Christians please stop lying to the children! God wrote nothing, you have been lied to!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I agree, star and flag. When christians say that they're gospels were from god, they are lying. Men, wrote those books, saying that god spoke to them in they're minds. (That's also called Schizophrenia )

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Rehashing of older religions to support a political agenda. Wanna read what god wrote? Become a physicist.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winsor
Rehashing of older religions to support a political agenda. Wanna read what god wrote? Become a physicist.

Surely I'd be reading what a physicist wrote, unless of course god personally wrote me a letter with its own finger. Either way i would be no different to the sheeple of moses, in that I am no more familiar with binary code than they were with finger of god code lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yes the bible was written by the hand of man. What the Christians should be telling all is that it is inspired by God not written. Now I agree that mainstream religion has gone to far in projecting their belief onto everyone else. With attacking Christianity you are also attacking the people who do not follow the main stream religion because they realize that main stream religion is as corrupt as large corporation.

I fore one do not agree with the Christians that force their doctrines on anyone. Those are the Christians that are caught up in the main stream and do not study on their own. While studying the bible one finds out that God doesn’t force himself on anybody. It is a choice that people have to believe or not to believe. We are only to ‘plant the seed’ to the masses and to those who would like to know more we help them however we can.

Unfortunately there is a lot of people that follow the 'main stream' religions doctrines that do not think for themselves and it hurts the appearance of Christianity I for one would love you believed in the scripture but it is your choice to not and I respect that.

When you are being hounded by those Christians just remind them that their presentations is actually hurting their chances of you even listening to them and remind them that there God doesn’t force himself onto people.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
...inspired by a fictional god for which they have no proof.
religion is just a semantic word game.

at times i pity them for what they need to get through the day. other times i laugh.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I realize that you are taunting Christians with your insults and scoffing. People taunted Jesus too. Thank God that I have a role model to follow; a role model who never did anything wrong but yet was murdered by people who insulted and scoffed at him too. People like you help me to believe that the Bible is true and divinely inspired. You prove to me that the Bible is true. Thank you for increasing my faith in it.

John 15:18-21
“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you... If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you... because they do not know Him who sent Me."

1 Peter 2:20-24
21 For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,
22 WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH;
23 and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

1 Peter 3:14-15
"But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear."

Matthew 5:43-45
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."

In the name of Jesus Christ, I bless moocowman and optyk phyba. The Bible is true and you are proof of it.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by checkers]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by checkers

I love how people immediatly go to the whole...OHH it's proof cause i have the verse that says so. Look, the bible, could very well be true, all of those events could have transpired in order that they're written.

If i can come to the conclusion that IT MIGHT be true, could you not say the same of yourself? Is your blind obedience so great that you cannot self reflect what you place upon others?

Tell me, do you have any hint what so ever, any inclination, that the bible, MAY have been altered, or do you just believe it's been the same exact book, translated over 1000 times, with different versions.....for 3000 years?

Why would god have us pen a text, that we would need to translate, then edit, and then try to interpret it's meanings? Shouln't it be all Black/White, do this, don't do that. Why the confusion?

Now i am not trying to bash your religious views in any way, you have the right to your own faith, and i actually envy the fact that you have enough of it to believe. I just want to know.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

jesus wasnt innocent. he was crucified for breaking roman law! thats why he was given to pontius pilot for judgement.
average time of death from crucifiction - 6 days
jesus lasted - 6 hours (this supprised pilot)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
2 Timothy 3
Difficult Times Will Come
1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. 6 For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected in regard to the faith.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I bless tothetenthpower. You prove to me that the Bible is true. Thank you for increasing my faith in God and His word as it is written in the Bible.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by checkers]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkers
2 Timothy 3
Difficult Times Will Come
1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. 6 For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected in regard to the faith.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I bless tothetenthpower. You prove to me that the Bible is true. Thank you for increasing my faith in the God and His word as it is written in the Bible.

Wow, that was an un-wanted response. I asked you a question, don't just spit out scritpture like it's some sort of answer.

I am trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with you, and this is the response i get. I have an 8 year old who does the same thing, covers his ears and stomp on the floor whenever he can't get his way, or he doesn't know what to say.

i'd like a response from a HUMAN not a 3000 year old fairy tale. Some conscious thought would be appreciated.

Come on really, show some maturity.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thank you, tothetenthpower, for continuing to prove the word of God with you behavior and words. You are a true inspiration to Christians everywhere. May God bless you in all of your ways.

2 Corinthians 4
The Light of the Gospel
1 Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God’s word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

yeah ok, I see what's going on now. Just forget intelligent conversation, your just gonna keep winding that denial and obediance thread.

Well you tell your god i said hi, i'll be seeing him on Judgement day and GLEEFULLY accepting my security card into Hell.

This guy has ruined this thread, i'm done with it.

Good night and good luck with this one fellow ATS members.!

Cheers

TC

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wow circular logic over and over again.

If it was written by the finger of God then why create those with words of hate so that others despise even those who do not believe. Surely if the body is only temporary would not a loving creator want us to experience this life he created for us then cause us to only see the negative in ourselves and others.

I let go off the fact that the world was built upon sin ages ago. Just as i learn't that what illusions you feed people they rebel. Even the bible showed people are sheep. People will believe their leader. Then there will be the few who rebel against the leader and do sin. People rebel and so we see a world built upon sin which brings sometthing to seem like the truth.

It is based on the individual to let go off the depression off seeing themselves as nothing more as sinners.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by meadowfairy]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This guy has ruined this thread, i'm done with it.

Come on! Given the topic, you have to expect at least one thread participant to respond like that.

There's always at least one person whose powers of logical thought have been so eroded by religious obsession that he or she cannot understand how laughable it is to try to prove the truth of the Bible by quoting from the Bible itself.

Actually, that contradiction is what lies at the heart of this discussion.

Some Christians, the more 'intellectual' ones, try to use external sources - archaeological and historical ones, mostly - to support the 'truth' of the Bible. It's a mug's game, because nearly all the evidence we have from history or archaeology proves the Bible is false.

Then there are the hapless or hopeless Christians, who think their Holy Book proves its own truth. Of course, even the most cursory reading of the Bible shows that it is riddled with contradictions, rarely saying the same thing from one page to another.

'Cause the Bible tells me so' is no reason to believe anything.

What say you, checkers? Can we hear your views in your own words for a change, instead of another string of tripe drawn from that book of yours?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The finger of god eh!

Well if it's the finger of god then why is it wrong.... the bible is supposedly devinely inspired by god. He didn't know alot of things for being a "god" and telling someone about it for histories sake. Shouldn't god have known that the Earth revolved around the Sun and not vice versa???? Just a mistake... does god make mistakes???

This isn't a god... it's a controlling device used for the masses and bonkers is a good example...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
You say you don't hate christians......i say you lie. The account of Moses and the burning bush, God writing the ten commandments with his finger on tablets of stone are JEWISH in origin. There were no christians at the time.....do you get my point? Christians accept the Old Testament because Jesus did and because it was the sole source for information about God. Muslims also accept the Old Testament for similar reasons, thats where you also find the story of Abraham.... It is wrong to collectively attack belief systems of any people simply because they have a different way of expressing it. People generally speak in the manner in which they were taught.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So the Bible says, Jesus definitely wrote something with his finger:

But Jesus stooped down, and with [his] finger wrote on the ground, [as though he heard them not].

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

I'm not being facetious here. This is the only time he writes. He wrote something, I've always wondered what it was.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

The implication was that Jesus wrote the sins committed by those holding the stones, the implication being that they too had committed deeds that they too could be stoned for. That do unto others as you would have them do unto you thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the bull that was being worshiped was Taurus the bull ( the star sign ).. its just another way of saying dont worship old gods but worship the new god...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join