It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Written by the finger of god? What was ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

but the christian wont let people do so by interfering with politics. and equal rights for others[ like prop 8] among other things.. so how do they not get on their soapboxes and tell everyone else how to live.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Your right ...I cant prove any of it .....
Yes I had a great Christmas ...glad you did too ....
I never said you were accusing me ...but you know when your accusing all others ..that includes me because I am a Christian too ..and I do push it on you everytime I post on ATS ...dont I ? .......Almost all of my posts definately include my beliefs in my Lord and in the bible ..(which was not written by the finger of God but by men who believed in God and were inspired to write ) .
I am a poet and I wrote a book too ....and I believe they were also inspired by God....so I can appreciate the bible ......I am sorry that you dont ...because there is alot of really good stuff in it that really could help solve alot of the problems we have in this life ...I am with you on the fact that I DETEST people who use that bible for evil intentions .......and I certainly hope no one ever uses my poems for evil intent .......

I want you to know ....that I get just as upset as you do about people who say they are Christians and yet act like satan ....but I try and not concentrait on them in my life because they will certainly get whats coming to them ....no worries there ...I worry more about how I AM ACTING than how they are ...which is really what all of us should be concentraiting on more ....wouldnt you agree ?

We cant change them ...but we can change ourselves and our own behaviours ...why dont we start there ? Wouldnt that make more sense than to just always accuse them of stuff they do not seem to care to change ?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

"What does God mean to you, and how has He personally worked in YOUR life?"....No scripture please! Just personal account. I know many homosexuals/heterosexuals who ARE connected to God, and religion has nothing to do with it! So what's stopping you?

Sorry to disappoint you dude I was raised without religion or spirituality, if there's been a creator of any description working in the background, well it didn't sort of make a point of saying hi.

As I grew up I became more aware of religion mainly xtianity by what I was forced to believe at school and the media etc.

Religious education at school was a nightmare, the teacher was some sort of xtian and the lessons were jesus jesus jesus. To question this teacher in anyway would result in a trip to the head for caning caning caning.

Needless to say I, to use a local phrase, "like to know the ins and out of the cats arse," and would constantly ask obvious questions like, wheres the evidence and point out things like, that after all this time you'd think people would notice that xtianity doesn't appear to work. Again more trips to the head for more caning, amazing standing up to bullies can still get you more pain when they have authority over you.

Interestingly enough, the teacher in question recently killed himself, he was being tried for molesting boys for many years. It would seem that my vocal non compliance and questioning of authority may literally have saved my butt back then.

I know many people who hate that guy even though he's dead and understandably so . I often wonder if the guy would have done the things he did if he was not so restricted by his religious beliefs in relation to his sexuality and was able to have come out.

Given the attitude of the bibles, I'm more inclined to think that being a homosexual didn't turn this teacher into a teenage boy molester, but the fact that he was already labeled as some sort of monster by a religion that he believed was the absolute truth.

My own kids are heading toward their teens, I would prefer it if they lived in a world that doesn't label or condemn them, whoever they choose to be or be with.

i

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You must have been raised in the south Moo ...because when I moved to the states (From Alaska) to Washington State ..not once in School did ever hear about God ....or Jesus ....

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

POSTED BY SCORAND

reply to post by fleabit but the christian wont let people do so by interfering with politics. and equal rights for others[ like prop 8] among other things.. so how do they not get on their soapboxes and tell everyone else how to live.

I have to agree with scorand here SN, it would appear that the bible doctrine is the root of the problem.

We have to to the point where many xtians are accepting there is nothing written by a god, and a sort of plea bargain down to "Inspired by God" is being thrown about.
Again, whatever you choose to believe is a private matter for you, but now we've gone from zero evidence to zero evidence. Out of curiosity which bits exactly were inspired by a god ?

Given the fact that the bibles have been altered time and again and that jesus is claimed to be god . Why can't the teachings of jesus stand on their own merit ? If jesus is all that you need why can't you live without leviticus ?
did jesus not teach anything about compromise for the sake of peace?

We accept that leviticus was not written by a god was almost definately written by a man so why not dump it ? If jesus has a problem with the editorial then let jesus deal with it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Well I sure hope no one just dumps my poems because God did not write them personally ....
Man was created by God ...man certainly can and does get inspired by God ..why shouldnt man share that with others in a written word ?
Especially if it is a positive message ?

as I said it is not the book that is the problem ..it is those who use it for their own evil intentions .....

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

as I said it is not the book that is the problem ..it is those who use it for their own evil intentions .....

So has any good come from the instruction to kill people for being gay ?

Has any good come from the instruction that a man is above a woman ?

Has any good come from a bride who is not a virgin should be killed ?

Has any good come from the instruction to beat salves to until inch of their lives but dont actually kill them ?

Of all the millions of women, slaves , gays ,children, nonebelievers that have been tortured killed raped and persecuted has aby good come of it ?

Was it good for them ?

Could we not have got to this point without all that ?

Were any of these "human beings told this" ?

Or are the Phelps family correct and they deserved what they got?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Where is the middle ground? In this space we may actually find the truth!

I was under the impression that the middle ground was written in the US constitution. You may of course correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not from the US.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

i agree with u that its used by evil people SN , the bible itself states to beware of those of darkness who can pose as a being of light

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand

i agree with u that its used by evil people SN , the bible itself states to beware of those of darkness who can pose as a being of light

Amen ..Even the constitution gets used for evil purposes ...so do the laws of our land ....so does science etc etc .....

Hey Moo ...I dont recall ever killing anyone nor being told in the word that I am supposed to ..neither do I feel like I should .(it has not made me evil reading it ) ......I dont recall ever beating anyone ever in fact I have been beaten by 2 MEN almost to a pulp for years ...(barely even spanked my kids) and do not recall ever being told to in the bible (Yeah I know spare the rod and you spoil the child ..that does not mean BEAT THEM TO DEATH ) ........and I have not even thought those thoughts in my head since reading the bible ...I did not turn eviler ..in fact I changed drastically for the better from reading the bible ......and I believe every word of that bible .....and have been reading it for years ...so it couldnt be all that bad could it ?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

DUDE!
There is the man I was looking for. I'm so happy to see you. You had said that emotions were running high. Now you know why Jesus wept only one time in the bible...
Emotions cloud judgment.

I see the points you are making and I would like to talk to you about them. I give you the room to do what ever you would like with what I will say. Whatever you decide, I'm not worried because it is not my place to tell you of damnation or judgment, you are free to eat what ever you would like, but I hope that truth will dictate your choices in leading your heart. Never worry about what another man thinks of you. You are loved.

What I would like to talk about is truth and you may judge for yourself in the decisions you make. I have not the right, nor the authority to tell you what to do with your life, but I will state what the truth is as far as I can see it.

First, I would like to establish, so that we may all agree on what exactly truth is, so that nothing is left open to interpretation of ones own will. In the case of such interpretation (a personal one) any debate is thrown out being disqualified, as all must be in agreement to establish civil grounds for discussion.

To the Christian, take the words of Paul to heart that "no scripture is left open to personal interpretation", same here. If the group cannot agree on a set definition, it is fruitless debate from all sides, but both sides are trying to produce fruit, either both will or none will. I like the both option how about you all?

These are the first definitions I pulled up, see if you all agree on these definitions of truth. I have not sought out any favoring terminology, but the first thing that came up. Here is what I found.

Definitions of truth on the Web:
* a fact that has been verified; "at last he knew the truth"; "the truth is that he didn't want to do it"
* conformity to reality or actuality; "they debated the truth of the proposition"; "the situation brought home to us the blunt truth of the military threat"; "he was famous for the truth of his portraits"; "he turned to religion in his search for eternal verities"
* accuracy: the quality of being near to the true value; "he was beginning to doubt the accuracy of his compass"; "the lawyer questioned the truth of my account"

I am going to continue, but if any find these definitions of truth not correct, then please state so in your following posts with definitions that can be reviewed. Thank you

I will start with the first definition. Truth - A fact that has been verified.

Christians. Is God true?

Pro 14:25 A true witness delivers souls, but a deceitful witness speaks lies.
Zec 7:9 So says Jehovah of Hosts, saying, Judge true judgment, and practice kindness and pity, each man with his brother.
Joh 1:9 He was the true Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world.

If it is you say yes, why do you make both God's just image out to be a liar who "Enlightens everyman coming into the world"? What do you seek to save in this man who has been enlightened as are all coming into the world? At what time did Jesus say, "Preach to them the Gospel of my Death for the salvation of their soul?"

Did he not say,
Luk 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me. Because of this He anointed Me to proclaim the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me" to heal the brokenhearted, "to proclaim remission to captives, and to the blind to see again," to send away the ones being crushed, in remission,
Luk 4:19 "to preach an acceptable year of the Lord."

Gospel means "Good message". There is nothing good in what you preach Christians, there is no hope in a curse and no life in an Idol who can not save nor hear. You were warned from the old testament, long before the new. There will be no saying, "I didn't know". You accept an innocent mans death in your place instead of judging yourselves in truth as to bear up the cross daily. You eat from the very tree that kills because you refuse to see in the light what truth is. Truth is not hidden since the beginning of the world. How dare you judge this man...How dare you cast stones...Pray this man forgives you who have

Nevertheless God has already dealt with you who give judgment but do not do judgment, you are on your way with the bailiff, I recommend settling with this man and all others you condemn to hell before you are thrown into prison and judged till every last word becomes reality. REPENT "The kingdom is at hand."

There is another factor we still must deal with and that is the factor of homosexuality. God despises homosexuality. It has nothing to do with the love between two humans, it has to do with this simple fact that is truth. We are male and female for a reason and that reason is so that the life may go forward in the blood, plain and simple. Can lesbians and Gays raise children? Of course. Can they make children? No. That is the sin, plain and simple. Sin is death, nothing more, nothing less. Death is the end of the life in the blood. Homosexuality can not make life, it can foster it, but it can not make it. Only God (male and female) can make life come into being. Homosexuality is a kingdom divided against itself.

It would be like hating a cliff, because you can't fly. The cliff has nothing to do with you not being able to fly, but everything to do with you not having a body meant for flight. Does that mean man can not fly? Nope, he figured out a way around it, because "all things are possible for the living God". Will man someday find a way to be unisex? Would women love for a Man to have to carry the baby? "All things are possible for the living God". We are Male, in Hebrew male means "Remembered", thus Surname. We are female, meaning "Sexual Form". We are Adam (mankind) and Chava (life giver). Adam is redeemed (re-membered) by the "Fee"male who is the kinsman redeemer. "Therefore man must leave his mother and father and cling INSIDE OF THE WOMAN OF HIM, and the two become one flesh" That line has nothing to do with paper marriage or the institution of marriage, it has to do with a new child made from two, who are one in a new body.

Homosexuality is spoken about, as is Bestiality, Incest, and other "perversions" because they are perversions of the system and natural order, nothing more. It has nothing to do with God not wanting you to love someone with all your heart. It simply has to do with ending the life, by ending the line. In ending the line, you are first and you are last meaning you cease to exist and become Ayin, a non entity. No bible is necessary and should be known just by being able to see nature itself. Love has no bounds, but it, just like time, does have guidelines in which it must create and until there is no more separation, it will continue in this manner till death is fully consumed by all. Then, we will truly begin a new creation.

Peace to you moocowomn and to you my Christian friends...lighten up on people, you will find out they were saved all along regardless of any "good word" you spread. You are not able to make one hair white. Please start loving people and remember Jesus alive, not dead. He is with you even now, waiting for you to resurrect him...if you don't, he will come and take everything you ever thought was security and crush it before your eyes so that you KNOW he is God in truth, not fantasy nor something that is an idol. He is a trap that has no way out except to be out where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You are correct and incorrect.

The story of Moses, the commandments, the children of Israel, the mountain, and the finger of G.d was a story depicting something that cannot be understood by all... especially most christians.

The first 5 books were actually written by scribes while in babylonian captivity.

No worries.. those who are meant to understand are suddenly understanding. The whole of the Bible is a vision more or less. Nothing to be taken literally. The message is only now coming to light and it is in such a way that it is leaving many of us who are understanding it feeling

I am glad now that I couldn't accept it based on its words because now that I see, I cannot argue with the One behind it.

Isaiah 11:
2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the middle ground was written in the US constitution. You may of course correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not from the US.

Of course you are kidding? Naturally you would understand the metaphor or symbolism.

The question you quoted earlier to me was not aimed at you. It was an idea for you to really get people's viewpoints, leaving out the Bible verse, etc. You misunderstood me.

I responded to you because I see that you seem to be angry a lot in your posts. There are solutions and attacking the Christians is really not a good option. Although I understand as I used to be one.

Why don't you find your own ground? Why does it depend on what everyone thinks? YOU DO come off this way even if you don't intend to.

Find your own path. It doesn't depend on the Bible or past religious experiences.

I understand pedophile experiences. I heard many stories and some close to home, in religion. Of course it happens outside of religion also.

I also have family that are gay. I love them and leave the subject of God out of their lives because they don't wish to discuss him. But I am there if they choose to listen. I make no attempts to change them. There is no need. We are not God!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
reply to post by crmanager

"If you listen hard one can actually hear people laughing at you. . I will inore your childish anti-christain hatered for a moment to say that you provide simple opinions and nothing more." In this statement I see proof of your own evilness...

[edit on 12-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

I love it I love it.

The only person speaking of evil is the people who don't believe in evil. Because...

If there is evil then there is good. Where did good come from?

You can not prove that the Bible was not wriiten by God anymore then the people who believe it was. IT IS YOUR OPINION.

The great thing about opinions is that they are like bellybuttons; everyone has one and unless you get in there and look around with a facecloth it gets all nasty and crusty.

You have not used a facecloth in a while.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by checkers

What I want to know is how do you and every other Christian know beyond a doubt that some man died for your sins? How can you be sure? How can you not question? How is your faith not shaken for something that supposidly happened thousands of years ago? How can you stake your whole belief system into someone who gets paid to preach to you? To somone that wasn't there.

You follow someone else's belief, not your own.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The great thing about opinions is that they are like bellybuttons; everyone has one and unless you get in there and look around with a facecloth it gets all nasty and crusty.

You have not used a facecloth in a while.

You use the same illustration as I, only with more humor. Very true! Opinion is only as valid as the person who believes it.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Not sure what you're suggesting here so perhaps a specific example will shed some light. Let's take the case of Abram being told that his children will experience 400 years of bondage, Gen 15:13. That is manifested in Ex 2:24-25 when God remembers his covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The rest is only halfway understood by most because of the misrepresentations of H'wood. Nonetheless, it's documented in Ex, Lev, Num, and Deut.

Are you suggesting that the Exodus and wanderings did not happen literally? Or are you suggesting that the Exodus was a type of something else?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Nice cheap shot at Christians in your opener. As if there isn't enough prejudice, bias, and hatred in the world.

It's tough being unhappy all the time, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hello there, I witness over and over again the influence of religious fanatism(political...) caused by the manipulation of its leader on its willing followers. These leaders are charismatic phsycopaths who count on(and equal) the limited psychology of their people (who are usually under karmic race memory mode), they feed off of, as they nourish the collective explosive potential of their masses...and then BOOM. Cyclictic, It is practised differently, like in china or ireland...But is is still the same recipy." You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"...is one of the commandments u you broke...Twice!

[edit on 17-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
You must have been raised in the south Moo ...because when I moved to the states (From Alaska) to Washington State ..not once in School did ever hear about God ....or Jesus ....

i was raised in washington, went to school up there for 8 years and i heard the word "god" everyday, when we said the pledge of allegiance. dont remember much more than that.

and i dont believe in a diety, used to but not anymore.

does that mean i am condemned to hell? Or do i have to believe in that too? too many questions, if you say i will go to hell, but i say there is no such place, can my energy actually travel there? or will it go to my perception of the afterlife?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join