It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I become a Mason? A "FreeMason" that is..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This sums up what I'm driving at right here

“God cannot be explained. He cannot be argued about. He cannot be theorized, nor can He be discussed and understood. God can only be lived.
To understand the infinite, eternal Reality is not the GOAL of individualized beings in the illusion of Creation, because the Reality can never be understood; it is to be realized by conscious experience.
Therefore, the GOAL is to realize the Reality and attain the “I am God” state in human form.”
~ Meher Baba – from the book “God Speaks”

The only things I would change would be the "I am God" to "I am child of God", and if that's the case, then Jesus was (is?) the son of God, God the first father of creation, and yes the GAOTU, whereby all things were made for the son, who in turn has provided for us the shared inheritance of the Kingdom of God, a metaphysical reality, capped by something we cannot know, and yes, I suppose which is all seeing and all knowing, and all loving. And this pillar, this dual pillar of Justice and Mercy, that's the cross. There's a model of the Magnum Opus and Great Work of the Ages, the rock of ages.

It's an invitation to participate in a continual act of co-creation where the things we do born of love, resonating with the spirit of Christ, as human beings and as children of a Loving God, they never die, and thus in the spirit of Christ resides the whole treasure of heaven, in his love. When this is understood by people, the tickets to the Wedding Reception are in the mail..

Wine, celebration and laughter - they'd be a pre-requisit no?

Maybe I haven't been all that cordial and for that I beg your forgivensss. But please take a look at the ticket being offered, is all I ask, as it's an open invitation containing a gift which keeps on giving. It's a free offer in other words.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

God can only be lived.

Now you're starting to understand Freemasonry.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
But, in Jesus Christ, you, me, and everyone, no matter where they bow, even unbenownst (did I spell that right?) to them, because "we" are here together, are framed within the context of a family of God. I love everyone, and nothing else makes any rational sense in the final analysis, because I am loved, and certainly can't hate myself, even if you make fun of me.. trust me, I'm hard enough on myself as it is! It's hard to "get", the scope of it, and in the final analysis, it disolves into truth as love and humour (of some kind). It would seem that "God" may be as funny as He is mysterious.

Forgive me, like I said, if I offended anyone. I think i'm starting to "get it" now, not Masonry per se, but what it could be pointing to (I wouldn't know as it's a secret..!)

"Shhhh, don't tell anyone. We are all children of a loving God."

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Please please, there's no provable conspiracy behind the Masons, so if you wan't to go join some group with a bunch of hairy men be my guest.... But I'd much rather eat a hamburger at Hooters with my friends. =)

You presume that one precludes the other! And for that matter, the boys from the Lodge would have no problem dropping by a local Hooters© after Lodge if that is their wont (unless the SO's find out and read them the riot act [but that's fodder for another SS thread
])

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Forgive me, like I said, if I offended anyone. I think i'm starting to "get it" now, not Masonry per se, but what it could be pointing to (I wouldn't know as it's a secret..!)

What Saurus said. There is and can be only one Creator of the Universe. The error we humans make is in letting our egos insist to the outside world that He pays attention only to us (and not the other children) because our song and dance is the most pleasing to Him. We then turn around and mock the others because Dad likes us best (in our minds anyway).

Catholic, Jewish, Sikh and a number of different flavours of Protestant Masons can sit in my Lodge and reflect on the wisdom being conveyed and be mindful and accepting of members whose belief structure isn't in lockstep with theirs. The rituals within Masonry are crafted to remind all Masons of the central tenets that all major religions share and not focus on how they might sing or dance a bit differently.

To whit, "making good men better".

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Generally, I'm of the opinion it's suppsoed to mena something along the lines of: "We believe in God and are trying to be the best people we can be, the details aren't all that important."

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I feel your kindly attitude would be support to the idea and meaning of masonary from the bottom on up.

You'll contribute far more than you realise

its just the vessel to apply yourself. I see it as an opportunity to amplify your ideas to bring into physical manifestation.

I wish you the best!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Wow.... Maybe freemasons are good people! They enjoy their local hooters, and I'm being literal.

I'm starting to think much higher of them =)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
But, in Jesus Christ, you, me, and everyone, no matter where they bow, even unbenownst (did I spell that right?) to them, because "we" are here together, are framed within the context of a family of God. I love everyone, and nothing else makes any rational sense in the final analysis, because I am loved, and certainly can't hate myself, even if you make fun of me.. trust me, I'm hard enough on myself as it is! It's hard to "get", the scope of it, and in the final analysis, it disolves into truth as love and humour (of some kind). It would seem that "God" may be as funny as He is mysterious.

It brings to mind a masonic saying - "The brotherhood of man, under the Fatherhood of God"

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Wow.... Maybe freemasons are good people! They enjoy their local hooters, and I'm being literal.

I'm starting to think much higher of them =)

I speak only for myself when I say that I love all Hooters equally.

You mean owls, right?

Why is everyone looking at me like that?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Fact
Rabboni (not rabbi) means master, the head of the Blue Lodge is the Worshipfull Master. Worshipfull means respected Master means teacher. If anyone can remember what JESUS did for a living prior to his ministry please raise your hand. (carpenter or builder)

Master Masons imulate the operative masons of the first temple in the old testament. King David built the temple Jesus was a decendant of King David he was also a carpenter, or at least the son of a carpenter. A carpenter was a builder or in that day an operative mason.

john 20:16
Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

this text from the new testament is an obscure passage. Most people do not memorize this in Sunday school.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Coming from one who was once stupid enuf to read and then believe what was printed in the book "The Deadly Deception" by Jim Shaw, thus becoming an Anti-Mason, then becoming a Freemason years later, I can say that if you think you would make a good Mason (basically, a better man) then by all means petition for membership.

BUT, if the only reason you want to join is for a look into something you think you may be able to "infiltrate" as an anti-Mason, don't bother. If you are found out you may be banned from joining the fraternity altogether, even if you renounce your beliefs later on. Better to be certain of your decision before going forward.

I am now a 32º and love Freemasonry. I am extremely happy I joined and love all of my Freemason Brothers. I would do anything for them and they for me, barring of course that which they cannot do because of legal, moral or personal/financial constraints. And this is a vital tenet of Freemasonry.

I basically got a clue after having seen what religion can do to people. I am a graduate of a prominent Christian college and received my Masters Degree from a Catholic University. And YET: I became a Freemason! Why? Because Freemasons are tolerant, understanding, and consider all to be EQUALS. I also wanted something better and believed in what Freemasonry stood for: Making good men better!

If you really want to know what's up go to www.masinicinfo.com...

Lots of great answers to FAQs there and many pages of debunking the anti-Masonics.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If I was you guys I would just stop replying to this thread all together... there is a good portion of people in here who are OBVIOUS trolls and just trying to get people riled up.

And I can tell the op has no interest in actually becoming a freemason, all he wants to do is mock people and preach. And why do you keep bringing up crowley, I don't think he was a even really a freemason (right?)

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by maccmann

What did you get from that book ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've been in a Social Fraternity in College as well as a secret society and am also a newer mason.

out of all of the above I would hold out that masonry has done the most for my faith and has renewed it in myself. Take that as you will!

You won't become a mason unless its something that you find meaningful...you will stop after the first degree if you don't like it...it's up to you.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Richardfromoxford
I've been in a Social Fraternity in College as well as a secret society and am also a newer mason.

out of all of the above I would hold out that masonry has done the most for my faith and has renewed it in myself. Take that as you will!

You won't become a mason unless its something that you find meaningful...you will stop after the first degree if you don't like it...it's up to you.

They won't allow you to just quit that easily.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Really? What exactly do you think happens if someone decides not to progress further? Furthermore, why would Masonry even want someone who chose not to finish their degrees?

[edit on 21-7-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Really? What exactly do you think happens if someone decides not to progress further? Furthermore, why would Masonry even want someone who chose not to finish their degrees?
You remember what happened to LBJ...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
You remember what happened to LBJ...

He became President?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Freemasonry does differ slightly from state to state. However, if you are curious about the actual ritual of Freemasonry, you can easily acquire a copy of "Duncan's Masonic Ritual" through Amazon and learn more about each of the 3 degrees in the Blue Lodge.

Masonry is not a religion. It is a fraternity. It uses symbolism to convey its philosophical framework.

The reason why most Masonic Lodges forbid the discussion of politics and religion in the Lodge is to prevent fighting between brethren. It is most emphatically NOT to discount any particular political belief or religious belief, BUT instead, to create harmony and friendship between individuals of differing political and religious beliefs.

This is what fraternal friendship is all about - Not about fighting about politics and religion - 2 big areas where people hold very, very strong opinions.

I have never seen anything in the Lodge that I attend that could be construed as anti-Christian. In fact, what I see is friendship, comraderie, teamwork, harmony, and ancient ritual. The ritual is symbolic, and the penalties quoted earlier are symbolic, not literal.

Remember, the whole concept of Freemasonry is all about King Solomon and his Temple. It is very, very biblical in nature, and the Bible is very much a big part of the ritual. Masons are actually strongly encouraged to study the Bible, and are even given a copy at the end of the Master Mason ritual and admonished to read and study the Bible.

I find it strange, and somewhat odd when I hear evangelicals and some ardent, traditionalist Catholics blast Freemasonry. I have read their accusations and characterizations of the fraternity, and I have to say that, based on my experience, their characterizations and accusations are false, misleading, and pure gibberish.

The Lodge promotes harmony among men of all walks of life, and encourages friendship. It is a rewarding experience to belong to the organization, and I have met many, many good men through Freemasonry.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join