It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Threatens to Break Israel's Gaza Blockade

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A couple of questions:

What is the legally defined position regarding international waters off Gaza?

And what size/type of vessel has been sent?

As you can see from this snapshot from GoogleEarth, the only harbour of any description along Gazas coastline that I could find is this one at 31*31'66"N/34*25'50"E

It doesn't look like it has any kind of facility for large scale cargo handling or mooring for a large ship

[edit on 5-1-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I honestly do not think this is true. With Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff, I truly believe that Obama only offers the illusion of change to the agitated and frustrated left.

Yes, that may be, but I believe that Israel is convinced that as long as they strike before the inauguration, Bush will support them. I don't think Israel trusts Obama. Time will tell what happens.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Who knows what Israel's arbitrary demands were, but conventionally its 200 miles off the coast line. However if there is a continental shelf protrudes under the water it can be claimed 200 miles off that.

There are other factors like a facing coastline of another country, then it is uto the halfway point in between. There might be a no man's portion if there is a third country that may require access to the high seas if it is further in.

Gaza's rights to the sea is being controlled by the Israelis as part of the blockade and its conditions for removing the illegal settlements.

[edit on 083131p://pm3145 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Iran announced that they would be sending aid before the Gaza campaign even begun. Just wanted to make that clear so that folks on here dont try to draw the parallel that the ship is being sent BECAUSE of the Gaza campaign. This was already in the works.

Israel has let some aid ships come thorugh despite the blockade. Most recently they let an aid ship from Qatar come through. Also most recently they denied one from Libya.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

It was in the works because of the Israeli blockade. Thanks for the reminder although we remember.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
.This entire act is a contingency plan that Israel has been planning for 6 months, to be used prior to Jan. 20 IF Obama was elected. Since Obama has been elected, their intelligence has told them that it is probably that he would not support a strike on Iranian nuclear facilities. .

he wouldnt have got "elected" if he didnt stand with israel. its kinda wierd and sad, but everybody knows that if you wish to succeed in politics the first thing you do is pronounce your solidarity with israel.

Calling the threat posed by Iran “grave,” Obama said that “as president I will never compromise when it comes to Israel’s security.” He pledged $30 billion in assistance to Israel over the next decade to “ensure that Israel can defend itself from any threat – from Gaza to Tehran.” To a standing ovation, he said, “I will do everything in my power to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon – everything.”

articles.latimes.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

he wouldnt have got "elected" if he didnt stand with israel. its kinda wierd and sad, but everybody knows that if you wish to succeed in politics the first thing you do is pronounce your solidarity with israel.

That I know. Pat Buchanan had the nerve to buck Israel and look at what the MSM did to him. However, I firmly believe that even though the American voters bought Obama's act, I don't think Israel trusts him. He has made several moves that indicate that what he said during the presidential campaign was just campaign rhetoric. I'm not sure where Obama will come down on this issue. He certainly doesn't have a track record on foreign affairs, and he has reversed his position on Iraq several times.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes, that may be, but I believe that Israel is convinced that as long as they strike before the inauguration, Bush will support them. I don't think Israel trusts Obama. Time will tell what happens.

www.chicagojewishnews.com...

One thing Emanuel is not, all agree, is the president-elect's conciliatory signal to the Jewish community after a campaign fraught with worries that Obama would tip toward even-handedness in dealing with the Middle East.

This is what utterly amazes me as evidenced by this quote from a Jewish publication here in America. Look at the exact wording, that Jews worried Obama would tip towards even-handedness?

It's a tacit admission the policy towards Israel has been decidedly and determinedly un-even by their own admission!

As a top aide on the 1992 presidential campaign at age 32, Emanuel sparred with then-Gov. Clinton over the campaign schedule, urging the candidate to focus heavily on fundraising, rather than campaigning in New Hampshire, former Clinton colleagues said. Clinton acquiesced, eschewing the New Hampshire trail for much of late 1991 in favor of feverish fundraisers. Emanuel's gambit paid off, with the money providing a crucial cushion as the negative attacks hit Clinton hard later on.

It goes on...

"It was that million dollars that really allowed the campaign to withstand the storm we had to ride out in New Hampshire" over Clinton's alleged relationship with Gennifer Flowers and the controversy over his draft during the Vietnam War, said Richard Mintz, a Washington public relations consultant, who worked with Emanuel on the campaign.

Now we learn...

Emanuel's knowledge of the top donors in the country, his rapport with the heavily Jewish donor community and his sheer chutzpah made the difference, as Clinton amassed a then-unheard-of $72 million, said those involved with the campaign.

Quote...made the difference

"He schmoozed many, many millions all over the country, including money from traditional Democratic Party givers, who are disproportionately Jewish, and new Democratic givers," said Steve Rabinowitz.

Like the Talmud it seems the conventional wisdom is that American Gentiles by and large will not actually investigate anything regarding to the depths, breadth and width of Jewish culture.

Obama is in the pocket as they say and tethered to his minder. Rahm Emanuel was reputed to be the chief source of leaks out of the Clinton Whitehouse and actually introduced President Clinton to a young would be White House Intern from Brentwood, CA named Monica.

Should there be any doubt...

These days, however, Emanuel is not optimistic about the chance of a Palestinian state arising from the current ruin. "If you were to say up front, 'We're creating a state and then we're negotiating the details,'" he told CNBC last summer, "not only would you be rewarding terrorism, you would be rewarding all the corruption that goes with it."

I truly believe what Obama meant to be saying during all of his campaign was not "Don't vote for John McCain because John McCain is four more years of George W. Bush" but meant to say, "Hey! Vote for me Barack Obama because I am four more years of George W. Bush!"

They even wore matching suits and ties on their first White House get together. Carl Rove was on the phone with Obama every day the last several months of his campaign. Lady Rothschild met with John McCain in August at her mansion in Paris during his trip abroad to no doubt talk about the more rewarding aspects of Prize Fighting.

It is what it is and what it is truly is now having to look for strange and desperate bedfellows like the Russians and the Iranians to help change the Status Quo.

The qoute in Latin around the Pyramid of the One Dollar Bill says "We have won...New World Order" it appeared in 1952, around the same exact time declasified CIA Reports released under the Freedom of Information Act stopped viewing Israel and the Zionist movement as a potential threat to our internal security and started advising the President instead on how to better serve Israel's need and almost every thing dealing with Israel beyond that started being redacted.

CIA Government Library Freedom of Information Section

It is what it is.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by airteck

I am happy to see Iran standing up in this situation. The people in Gaza need help and have for a long time. Even if it is for Iran to make a statement, the side effect of the people getting some much needed supplies is good.

Yeah, let's pat those altruistic Iranians for suddenly becoming so concerned with the plight of the Palestinian people. It's interesting that they don't lift a finger to help them UNTIL doing so allows them to tweak the Israelis.

Anyone who cannot see through this obvious ploy is blind or worse.

So many Middle Eastern countries use the Palestinians as a prop to be used to further its own causes.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The question that everyone needs to be asking themselves is this:

What right does Egypt have to close its border with Gaza? Gaza was Egyptian territory up until it lost that territory to Israel. So, Egypt has a special responsibility to these people because they are in fact Egyptian citizens.

Egypt demanded the Sinai back as a pre-condition for a peace treaty with Israel but they were willing to let Israel keep Gaza.

So, why isn't there an outcry from the international community demanding that Egypt step up and take responsibility for its own people?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

you noobs always start problems ! thats why no time to think only to feed your family and try to make some money !

israel is americans ! second weapon in the middle east !

USA give money to israel, to develop nulcear weapons, israel, asked the frogs of france for help . israel has many nukes ! why such small country has nukes while other countries have none ?

israel is the same sht whole you can find in africa its 3rd world country. same with all the middle eastern countries. and few are rich rigth now

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
So, why isn't there an outcry from the international community demanding that Egypt step up and take responsibility for its own people?

Star to you!

Because it is what people do - blame the Jews and Israel. Most people are ignorant about what the so called occupied territories are and what a "Palestinian" is. They do not look at maps to see that if the muslim countries wanted to, they could easily transport goods and services to their palestinian pawns. They do not understand which countries the "occupied" territories belonged to previous to them becoming the home of the palestinians.

The people who post this stuff just read the anti Israel/Jew propaganda put out by muslimes and the liberal press.

This is why I try so hard to not post on ATS - it is not Deny Ignorance - it is usually Ignorance R-Us.

ETA: By the way - Gaza is NOT occupied anymore -
- land for peace = Joke on the West

[edit on 5-1-2009 by sacrifice]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

He has made several moves that indicate that what he said during the presidential campaign was just campaign rhetoric. I'm not sure where Obama will come down on this issue. He certainly doesn't have a track record on foreign affairs, and he has reversed his position on Iraq several times.

Obama’s job was simply to pacify and quell the left and provide the illusion of change.

Obama started out his collegian studies at Occidental College between 1979-1981 before taking an extended leave of absence to travel to Pakistan on his Indonesian Passport, this is an article in the American Thinker interviewing his Mentor at Occidental who is both Jewish and Gay.

American Thinker

Lawrence Goldyn is quoted in the article regarding Obama’s stance on Homosexual Marriage "It's very hard to put a whole coalition together, and you have to figure out a way to negotiate and navigate where he is clearly supportive of gay rights, but he cannot come out up front and say that he's in favor of marriage, because the country, I don't think, may be ready for that in an election," he said. "And I don't have a problem with that."

The articles author then opines,

Here you have a man who knows, likes and supports Obama, who, like me, believes he is a phony who will say things just to appease stupid voters. Goldyn apparently shares Obama's low opinion of ordinary people as dimwits and approves of Obama's cleverness in lying to the rubes. Superior folk like him know better.

You have to love the apparently shares Obama’s low opinion of ordinary people as dimwits and approves of lying to rubes. Reminds me of a similar passages from the Talmud!

Travel to Pakistan in 1981 could have only included one of two things for an extended period as Americans were barred from entry which is why he travelled on his Indonesian Passport. One he was either studying the Quran at an Islamic Madras or he was working as an intelligence officer on behalf of an intelligence agency. The CIA and FBI have both long been desperate for Arab and Muslim agents that can infiltrate into Arab and Muslim countries and groups here in our country. They place a premium on such recruits and look for them specifically at College Campuses.

All Things Pakistan

The conventional wisdom inside Pakistan is that Obama is no friend per say to the Muslims.
While many people speculate that the infamous video tape the Los Angeles Times has under lock and key of an interview with one of his Pakistani Academic friend’s hints at Muslim roots, it could just as likely and more probably pertain to his possible connections with an Intelligence Network.

Retired former Governor of Minnesota Jessie Ventura claims his first day on the job as the Minnesota Governor he was immediately greeted by an aide telling him he had an appointment waiting. The appointment waiting turned out to be 40 some odd members of the CIA who spent hours questioning him in the Capital’s basement on “How he got elected” It was the only thing they cared about, as evidently some mishap occurred that caused them great concern that he had become elected. He talks candidly about the role of the CIA in State Government.

Brass Check TV

No one gets elected to any office in this country without the powers that be consent and no one on any level of Government is free of a minder on the powers that be behalf.

Obama is four more years of George W. Bush on steroids because the left actually trusts him.

Our Constitutional form of Government is being methodically deconstructed.

We have become a debtor nation whose primary livelihood is through mercenary endeavors and extortions.

Hopefully right after the Iranians sail in to Gaza to save the Palestinians they will sale straight for the United States and save us!

Israel wants a greater Israel since the earliest days of the Zionist movement. They do want total dominance over all the lands of the Mideast and to be able to tear down the Dome of the Rock and erect the symbolic Third Temple on the ruins of the first two.

We are the grunts and the foot soldiers in that war. The Talmud says taking life is alright as long as someone else does it for you. We are the someone else.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
Ohh how nice of iran to give Israel a brand new artificial reef for their scuba divers.

Mr. Amanadinnerjacket sure is a nice guy.

Thanks for the laugh. This cracked me up like crazy!
True indeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
So any anti-Israeli thread is now anti-jew???? way to make an intelligent argument

Oh no worries my friend. Is the same old tune of self victimizing, something that Jewish people now how to play very well, especially in the last 60 years or so. No body gives a damn for the civilians that are dying like flies every moment. Who cares... Jewish people died by millions in the Nazi camps. What is so bad if few Palestinians or even Israeli civilians for that matter are getting killed? Pure hogwash and hypocrisy. Shame on all of these Jewish and not Jewish that are writing in this thread and others like this. Where are your human feelings? I can't believe that some of the most scandalous comments come from the same people whose ancestors suffered for millenniums the injustice, the brutality and the dis humanity of others. Again, Shame on all of you !!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by Saf85

Iran is a third rate peasant state. It is trying top play with the powers that be, USA, Israel and USA. Iran is playing with fire, ask any Iraqi waht they think of Mohamed Al Sahaf and his big talk, also Saddam, where did it get them? Same with Mr Diner jacket, mother of battles, we are pounding them,etc. USA alone designed to fight China and Russia at same time, US, Israel and UK could take out Iran like a piece of piss in like 20 seconds and bye bye Persians for eternity. Iran could be Iraqified (to the power of ten) in no time at all.

I'm sorry... but... did you just say that the US could fight China and Russia at the same time? Is that with a "and win" tone? Cause if you think, by any second that if Iran allies itself with Russia and China, the US have ANY CHANCE you are completly out of your mind. Sad you can only see stars and stripes, cause in reality... Iran + Russia + China and dont forget that NK is DYING to take a chunk out of the US, if this alignment EVER happens, the USA will disapear from the face of the planet.

The US is a great country, no doubt of that, but thinking it would survive against Iran, Russia and China together, its just crazy.. plus you have to add NK to the equation as I said before, so... its just a crazy idea.

As for Iran alone... against the US, without nuclear weapons... be aware: That is not iraq. The US army would be obliterated in a land invasion if they ever tried it. And they know it. The losses to the US army would be so devastating that the ppl (you know the common american) would refuse to go to war there, and you would have some serious riots and civil uprisings "FOR PEACE NOT WAR" in your mainland... it would just be the worse error in the US history.. yes, even worse than vietnam and its hard to get worse than that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
WHo cares, the world is overpopulated anyways, either we kill each other or end up eating each other once the resources run out.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

Why would the US do a land invasion in Iran, they have nothing the US wants. And don't give me that cr2p about oil, we have more untap oil in the US than the entire middle east, and 60% of the imported oil at the moment comes from Canada. The US would just bomb them into the dark ages.

As for Russia, China, and the US will never fight each other unless they want suicide. I'm sure the rich and powerfull have a lot more to live for than to blow themselves up to get 50 virgins, when they can just buy them.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by amfirst]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i thought Iran was going to help with humanitarian supplies, so you think america should attack them for this? i feel I'm shifting sides on this point,israel will be the loser in most caring peoples eyes.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Why are God-fearing, orthodox Jews united in opposition to the xenophobic, genocidal state of Israel? The link below explains:

www.jewsnotzionists.org...

The state of Israel does not represent world Jewry. Zionism is blasphemy against G-d in Heaven. It’s a house of cards built upon lies and murder. It’s bound to be blown away by the winds of truth and righteousness when it descends with unrelenting fury.

Zionism is diametrically opposed to Judaism. Zionist Israel is a colonial enterprise engaged in expropriating the land of Palestine and dispossessing its native population under false and wholly unjustifiable pretext. To add to its growing iniquity, political Zionism has hijacked the Jewish religion to promote its satanic agenda of land theft, active discrimination and mass murder.

Israel’s days are numbered. As it had been destroyed many times over in the past for its sin and faithlessness, the modern Zionist entity is heading into a similar oblivion. The wrath from heavens will lay waste to that accursed entity and those who seek to defend it. Palestine will be returned to the Palestinians, its rightful owners and peace and justice will return to the Holy Land. Amen.

May Ha-Shem bring about a speedy end to the blasphemous and utterly evil Zionist state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join