Iran Threatens to Break Israel's Gaza Blockade

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Iran Threatens to Break Israel's Gaza Blockade

www.worldpress.org

It is hard to imagine how much worse the situation could get, but the confrontation in Gaza could see a dangerous escalation in the coming days as Iran threatens to break the Israeli blockade and deliver urgently needed medical supplies and other aid to the coastal strip.

If the ground offensive currently underway in Gaza becomes a full-fledged occupation with the resultant removal of Hamas from authority, then the arrival of the MV Iran Shahed in the Mediterranean will be something of an anti-climax.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted already.....
I am happy to see Iran standing up in this situation. The people in Gaza need help and have for a long time. Even if it is for Iran to make a statement, the side effect of the people getting some much needed supplies is good. I hope they go through with it.
I'm not taking sides, IMO people are people and all have the right to exist. Unfortunately a lot have to suffer over the actions of a few.

www.worldpress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Iran's foreign relations are based on two strategic principles: eliminating outside influences in the region and pursuing extensive diplomatic contacts with developing and non-aligned countries. Iran maintains diplomatic relations with almost every member of the United Nations, except for Israel, which Iran does not recognize, and the United States since the Iranian Revolution.[87]

wiki

whats worse than two dogs fighting over a bone?

Three.

I just hope they dont try to use this as an excuse for their own plans and occupation... I feel for small children and others who might be effected, but you know, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I can understand the severity of someone coming up and saying this is our land, it is not yours, and no one should have to move from their homes, but when it becomes deadly to stick around common sense should dictate that you get the heck up out of there.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The blockade needs to be broken. We saw what the Israelis did in the Lebanon, now they are using the same fire power against people who have no where to run. It is like shooting fish in a barrel.

It is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
The blockade needs to be broken. We saw what the Israelis did in the Lebanon, now they are using the same fire power against people who have no where to run. It is like shooting fish in a barrel.

It is disgusting.

Your right, but imagine an iranian boat trying to dock in gaza, the israelies would straight away accuse them of trying to supply hamas with weapons, this would be a disaster with out a doubt. We would have this disastrous war that the zionists and neo-cons are after..

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. government uses an Iranian assault on Israel as an excuse to step in, or at least have the U.N. step in. I believe that the US is looking for any excuse to go into Iran, and an assault on Isreal would do it!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yes, it would lead to Israel giving the US it's justification for another war.

As wonky as Iran's foreign relations are, US foreign relations seems only to serve as a target finder. And Israel will most certainly try to use that to their advantage.

It would seem we are on the wrong side in this fight for right and wrong. Being powerful, does not make us right.
I fail to see how a country risking it's very existence to deliver aid to another could be in the wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eldudirino

It would hardly be an 'excuse'. If Iran attacks Israel, the US has every right to support its ally, just as any nation would have a right to support an ally that was attacked.

That's why this is a stupid idea by the Iranians. It could lead to a further escalation of the situation, which is bad for everyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
When you are looking for a fight, you are bound to find one. Iran should take the high road and send the aid in through Egypt as other countries are doing. Is it more important to confront Israel at this time or get the aid to the people? I will let you guys be the judge of this question.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Yes, it would lead to Israel giving the US it's justification for another war.

As wonky as Iran's foreign relations are, US foreign relations seems only to serve as a target finder. And Israel will most certainly try to use that to their advantage.

Which is the reason why Hezbollah hasn't intervened. Whatever Iran's intentions are, I would greatly support them breaking the blockade from a humanitarian perspective. Anyone who doesn't support that is as terroristic as Hamas.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldudirino
I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. government uses an Iranian assault on Israel as an excuse to step in, or at least have the U.N. step in. I believe that the US is looking for any excuse to go into Iran, and an assault on Isreal would do it!

Ok, we have 2 and a half weeks to inauguration, you know what im getting at. Could my year long hunch be right, that bush will retain his power till further notice in event of war with iran? I hope my hunch is wrong, but its looking more and more like it, each day that passes in gaza.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I would have no issue with it, if not for one thing: there's a gigantic risk involved. If Iran's stunt leads to a major Middle East war, who wins? No one.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Mdv2

I would have no issue with it, if not for one thing: there's a gigantic risk involved. If Iran's stunt leads to a major Middle East war, who wins? No one.

Which is why I said from a humanitarian perspective. If this seriously happens, I don't want to know what happens.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Although the Major is a life long "ground pounder" the thought of naval skirmish appeals to the Major. It harkens back to an era when national differences where settled on the high seas, a far more civilized application of diplomatic "policy." The bonus to such nautical hi jinx is the absence of civilians that everyone seems to be so concerned about. Yes, the Major shall enjoy watching Iranian flagged ships slip into the watery bosom of Davey Jone's Locker.

Dismissed.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

The Iranians can not get to Gaza by boat or ship. The Israelis and the Americans would never allow it. If Iran seeks world conflict and the US blowing them out of the water before Bush leaves office I suggest they try it.

If Iran is smart they would sit back and do nothing til Bush/Cheney leaves office cause those two boys are looking for a way to get the U.S. into Iran now, Iran need not give them the reason!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If you believed the stories, Palastine woudn't need any medical aid because firstly no civillians have been killed, and secondly the generous Israelis are already showering them with gifts of medical aid and supplies (which they dont need)

And the pretense of turning away aid because it could be weapons is so flimsy, as if European states like Great Britain and France would be lending support in the form of AK-47s. Iran possibly, but there should be some UN checkpoint which checks this aid in the first place. Israel has absolutely no right to dictate what aid Gaza gets or doesn't get.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The UN should and probably is involved with the humanitarian efforts. Egypt should also be more closely involved in many humanitarian ways. Egypt should be there to help police these areas instead of Hammas that can't control it's temptations to keep sending rockets into Israel.

Israel shouldn't be expected to directly send aid either. I think this is part of the problem. Israel has 'as if' been acting more like a reluctant zoo keeper.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This simply will not happen...as a few have stated already Iran would he halted before they even managed to get an offensive mobilized.

This is posturing. The number of years that this on again off again conflict has been running...Iran hasn't stepped in as yet in any large way so why now? Why would they risk all that they have attained?

Land disputes - between the tenant and the landlord and not the neighborhood.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
will iran break Egypt's blockade of Gaza too?.. the hypocrisy in the anti-jew threads are laughable...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So any anti-Israeli thread is now anti-jew???? way to make an intelligent argument

The replies here thus far have been objective and not at all anti-semetic. perhaps you could actually read the responses and point out the specific anti-jew statements?

I re-read them all to give the benefit of a doubt but darned if I can see I single anti-jew comment.

not lookin' so good for your claim.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join