It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Threatens to Break Israel's Gaza Blockade

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i wonder if the iran ship has wing mirrors .. you never know who might be sneaking up behind you....

[edit on 5-1-2009 by fatdad]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Lol Hizbullah must have just fired thier ak47's in the air in 2006 then, Republican guard who have killed thousands of Us troops since the invasion must also do the same. Once again your media concious minds have led you to belive middle eastern (especially Arab) people are incapable of defending themself.

Like I say, you will be in for a nice suprise, oh and Fatdad pls do volunteer, maybe they can get rid of the other foot you claim you can defeat them with.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
This Iranian move is a clever one as it isolates Egypt

For a freighter to sail to Gaza there are two options...either sail round the Cape of Africa and all the way round and enter the mediterranean through the Gibralter Straits, or take the route through the Suez canal

Does Egypt have sovereign rights over the Suez? If so, does allowing passage mean complicity with Iranian intentions? Or would detaining the vessel on the pretext of a search for possible arms be seen as complicity with the Israelis?

It's an interesting chess move all the same

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think most of you are missing the point, here. Israel is actually taunting Iran to get involved, so that they have cover to take out Iran's nuclear facilities. This entire act is a contingency plan that Israel has been planning for 6 months, to be used prior to Jan. 20 IF Obama was elected. Since Obama has been elected, their intelligence has told them that it is probably that he would not support a strike on Iranian nuclear facilities. Gaza is the bait to entice Iran into the situation, any way that it can. The pressure is now on Iran from Palestine and other radical Islamic states such as Syria to step up and intervene militarily. Iran has its back up against the wall. If they don't act, they will lose face with the radical states. If they fall for the trap, the next thing you see will be CNN coverage of the Israeli operation AFTER the fact.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

Give up on Hisbollah they achieved nothing. Their time will come. No more Iranian influence means no more terror in the E Med.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes Israel is going for the kill re Iran. Iran is going to be done by Israel (USA/UK if needs be) very soon. Right or wrong there is no way Israel will live with a nuke Iran. Interesting days to come. Where's my NBC suit?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Iran will have no problems getting the aid there via Egypt. They have already been supplying aid through Egypt. Their intentions include doctors and medical staff to set up a mobile hospital to help the people in Gaza. Iranians are volunteering to go and help. It's nothing more than a cargo ship that would land and for Israel to block it would give their image a blacker eye.

I agree these are ingredients for conflict, but played properly Iran can come out looking like the good guy... played poorly, will lead to a reason for further conflict.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85

Wouldn't it be the biggest shock to the world, if the cargo ship was in fact... A aircraft carrier with outter cladding diguise! Imagine the look on Israels face if the ship got to patrol boat range, then all of the sudden dropped 100's of tons of steel into the ocean to reveal a Iranian carrier brimming to the teeth with missiles and anti air defences
(we can all pray for something similar).

It sure WOULD be the "biggest shock to the world" being that I don't believe that the Iranians HAVE an aircraft carrier!

Here's a list of warships that they have, and I don't see any mention of an aircraft carrier.

Iranian Warships

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The subject of Irax giving supplies to Gaza is a puzzle.

However, if the Iranians use a ship that is not armed, and is under charter to the Red Cresent/Red cross then the Isrialis (sp), have no leagl basis to take action against the vessel. It would be unarmed, and on a mission of mercy.

If anything happens to it, then Iran has every right to protest.

(Thats how I would play my cards if i was the Iranian president - use an unarmed ship with civilian crew)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Israel would have the right to inspect the ship and cargo.
and if they did find military cargo or personal they would have the right to sink it.
It also would be a act of war committed by Iran to try to send in fighters/terrorists
It also be a violation of the Geneva convention for Iran to send in military supplies claiming the were humanitarian aid.
This would give Israel the right to sink the ship.

Forcing a blockade by a iranian ship would also be a act of war
if fighters/terrorists or military personal of iran tried to enter gaza by ship.
It can be sunk.

All these same things happened off the coast of veitnam and the US Navy sank many of the ships that north veitnam.
I know this because i was there.
it was called Operation Market Time.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When you say Iran says this in these threads please quote the government official by name and title. I have yet to here a country actually speak. Without a credible human source it sounds too vague and rumor from where...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Exactly. Did you know the russians are in turkey right now?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Did you know the russians are in turkey right no

Do you mean as tourists?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I don't believe that Iran is concerned with humanitarian aid for anyone. I still believe that everyone needs to stay out of this one. It is between Israel and Palestine. Iran is not looking to help Palestine or any other country for that matter. I would not be surprised if Iran is using this as a ploy just to either get into the fight or to supply Hamas with weapons.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Like your sense of humor. No, of course not. To sell Babushkas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Benarius]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ohh how nice of iran to give Israel a brand new artificial reef for their scuba divers.

Mr. Amanadinnerjacket sure is a nice guy.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This entire act is a contingency plan that Israel has been planning for 6 months, to be used prior to Jan. 20 IF Obama was elected. Since Obama has been elected, their intelligence has told them that it is probably that he would not support a strike on Iranian nuclear facilities.

I honestly do not think this is true. With Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff, I truly believe that Obama only offers the illusion of change to the agitated and frustrated left.

I think the push is to keep him clean for as long as he can be kept clean so he can appeal to the left and centrist pacifist to empathize with him further down the road, that he is just trying to get us out of someone else’s mess the right way, but we Americans will nonetheless have to fight and spill blood as a consequence of his predecessors mistakes.

Likewise I see Iran testing the diplomatic waters for a wider Islamic response to the crisis is Gaza, knowing full well there will be no takers. The posturing alone will give them some added sense of moral authority and will put pressure on moderate Arab states where Sunni Muslims have a majority to better consider their Shiite minority while enhancing Iran’s stature amongst the poorer classes in the region.

Conversely I think Iran is looking for both credibility and the moral high ground with Western nations and would not risk a direct military overture primarily for that reason. To tell you the truth I wouldn’t put it past them loading up the ship with doves trained to carry white carnations in their mouths and releasing them into the skies when their aide ship is turned around. They will come out looking like a winner all the way around.

Russia has drawn a line in the sand over Georgia. They have docked warships in Cuba in the past month, joined the Venezuelan Navy in joint naval exercises in the last month, and sailed warships through the Panama Canal in the last month in a display of protest. That the push from Israel and the United States to attack Iran is so obvious the Russians have upped their outlay of Russian scientists to post into the facilities is a clear message from the Russians that any act of aggression that kills Russian citizens would be considered tantamount to an act of war. Iran knows this and can posture, score political points, and gain favorable press without having to jeopardize a thing. Iran’s decision to back the Sunni Hamas organization and extort the Shiite Hezbollah of Lebanon to find solidarity with them while extolling the Shiite majority in his own country to support the Sunni Palestinians cause and being almost their sole champions in the entire Islamic world is something that no doubt has leaders from Damascus, to Cairo to Riyadh distressed.

While the heavy handed and disproportionate tactics of the IDF are dividing the Christian west in many regards, they might end up unifying the long divided East and cause the pyridine shift to touch off the civil strife in the West that evens the playing field when the west’s dominant victors march off to face a better unified and more cohesive East.

I truly believe as usual they are telling us everything and we just aren’t listening through all the noise of our own bickering. If scriptures are as some contend simply a script for a plan to bring about a New World Order, and that final act is about fighting over Jerusalem and the IDF is in fact conducting an operation called Cast Lead, who all is in the Cast and just what successive act does follow the Lead?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

I think everyone needs to stop the BS crap and focus on the big question.

Are Israel going to shoot this ship out of the water?
Because I feel this ship is under strict orders to NOT STOP no matter what.

I feel like Iran has sent a kitten into a dog kennel, after years of provoking the dogs.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let us not forget that Iran has those nasty little submarines acquired just before someone started cutting the Internet connections on the ocean floor. Not everyone on this board ignored that little piece of info.

Iran may have no missile capable of delivering their weapons but small submarines with a humanitarian ship for a cap? Makes one wonder?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Like your sense of humor. No, of course not. To sell Babushkas

Thanks. I thought that perhaps some members (not you) needed a little humor, as the Gaza threads really seem to have heated up. I can't believe that a member is threatening to "report us all to the FBI" and sue ATS for being against Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join