It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were President or dictator how would you run the country?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

Originally posted by baked
You really are about as fun as a pack of genital warts.

Something you know about how fun genital warts are that you're not sharing with the rest of us?

Well, i'd assume they are not much fun, but I really don't care to find out. You are welcome to fill us in if you have any first hand experience.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked

Very UN-Originally puked up by Colonel Crybaby

Talking to all of you. These are republican thoughts. Anyone here ever think of helping out the less fortunate? Fixing up ghettos and rural areas so they aren't so pathetic? What's wrong with that? Haven't you all heard fo the idea of you're only as strong as your weakest link? Sheesh?

Just a bunch of selfish bastards.

First, you posted 20 replies and all you had to add to this thread was you would make smoking in bars legal again? Why don't you stop derailing my god damn thread and making it in to your subject? The same old beat in to the ground talked about and talked about, mundane, lame, BOARING, typical crybaby Colonel topic.

All I can say is how the # did you make moderator? Were they all Drunk or is this also some type of affermative action. Every #ing time you type its about how you were robbed of this and that. Ya know if I gave a # before, I don't now. Thats your tough # so yes, deal with it. You heard me.

If I was incharge I'd start a penal colony and throw all you pussy crybabies in there so we didn't have to hear your stupid pander. You really are about as fun as a pack of genital warts.

BTW....
You're the selfish bastard wanting something for nothing while the rest of us go out to work for our living you want it to go to the welfare cases?.....um.....how about you give them your money? I didn't think so? That means you'd have to cry for some more now wouldn't it?

My thoughts exactly

1) no more welfare

2) 16 year old drinking age. 18 for drugs.

3) Less fed laws, more state laws.

4) dump social security

5) More money for the Military (I want an army of robots if I'm the leader damnit)

6) Men must serve at least 2 years in armed forces

7) No gun laws

8) death penalty or exile if you are convicted of a violent crime. You have 1 and a half years to apeal. Exile or death after 3 non violent convictions.

9) flat tax

10)strictor imigration laws. Illegals get executed.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I would make all government agencies, like motor vehicle dept., courts, etc., be open seven days a week 7AM till 10PM.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I would make all government agencies, like motor vehicle dept., courts, etc., be open seven days a week 7AM till 10PM.

you have my vote.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

you have my vote.

I dunno - it sounds EXPEN$IVE!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
oh we have to pay for that too? Pfff never mind man

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

I dunno - it sounds EXPEN$IVE!!!!

When you weigh it against all the costs, such as lost productivity, lost wages, etc., incurred by needing to take time off work and wait in lines I think you'll actually see that you'd save money in the long run.

The court document says that you have to be there by 8:30. The judge doesn't appear till 9:30. You don't get to be heard untill 11AM, if you're lucky.

What's that all about?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by globalmisinformation
Krazyjethro you anger me off because half the time you'll say stuff that makes me just do a double-take and say what the #, and the other half like the talk about how we can't get rid of welfare and social security makes me stop and say damn this guys a GENIOUS. So anyways keep it up

Back at the begining of the thread people were talking about simply removing ourselves from the UN...well thats retarded for all its lack of definitivness on certain issues its still the only global voice.

It does lots of good too in 3rd world country's with aid. So basicly just restructure the UN to make it more usefull for major important decisions but you can't back out or get rid of it all together.

Whatever that's just one guys opinion.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by globalmisinformation]

Well sorry I piss you off, but I am annoyingly not a consistant conservative or liberal. I am somewhere in the middle with centrist leanings sometimes.

I'm independant more or less.

As for the UN, how do you propose WE restructure the UN. I'm pretty sure more other countries like it the way it is and it would cause more of a hubbub trying to fight the world to restructure and having to provide reasons/proof of why than if we just pulled out.

Perhaps they do some good, but when looking at national governments, there is corruption.

When looking at a Global group with large resources and no real authority to regulate itself, the corruption can be far stretching.

Take a look at the Oil for Food program for one thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Slayer

Actually, Dreamstone I gotta say (owww - this is hard, agreeing with the Colonel!) the Colonel's got one on you here...the Spanish were much closer in many ways to Mexicans than Africans were to Europeans.

How were mexicans close to the spaniards in many ways?

Right Mexicans were INDIANS not Spanish

Thank you! I'm glad someone other than me realized this.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

1) Middle school is a little harsh, no? I'd give it after freshman year in H.S. - then your gone.
- You have a point there.

2) "After 2020 states relying on over 50% fossil fuels for electricity will have federal funding withheld." That is undoable. It would be so devastating to the economy it might criple the nation.
- It wouldn't be designed to cripple the economy but enough to make it noticable, similar to what they do to make states lower the legal limit for blood alcohol content.

4) This would only perpetuate the beuracracy problem we already have - they can already reject it.
- But not until it is brought before the court, the law has to be passed before it can be challenged.

5/6) Would be a great idea in theory, but are 2/3'ds the public smart enough educated enough and care enough?
- They should and given the voice I believe would be smart enough, and care enough

7) How would you pull off a sneak attack????
- To be honest I don't see the need, I am against
pre-emptive war and this is designed to guard against it. If attacked public approval would not be necessary and a sneak attack to strike back at the enemy would still be possible.

8) I like this idea
No more of my money going to welfare!!!!
- At least we agree on something.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would follow a policy of strict isolationism. I start by pulling out of the UN, Removing us from NATO, South Korea, the Pacific. I would try the oil companies and thier ilk on charges of grand treason, probably have thier CEOs all executed for keeping America subverted by foreign oil. I would use our military, and station them on the borders, patroling them and kicking illegal foreigners out. I would start a policy to discourage future immigration to the US, to make it near impossible.

I would legalize drugs, alcohol, gambling, and prostituion. Id remove the federal income tax entirely, and instead, tax vices. I would liquidate the assets of oil companies and use the money to research and devlop renewable homegrown resources. Id invest in recylcling of steel and other metals. Id maintain a policy of neutrality towards the world, and if we were attacked by another nation, use the military, and strike back, bomb the offender into submission, then leave. No more rebuilding countries who started wars with us like we did japan and Germany. never again. I refuse to reward enemies with prosperity and stability. They attack us, they die.

I would channel my efforts into making us self sufficient in everything, and keeping a friendly, but distant attitude towards world affairs. Id probably close down most of our embassies, and levy high fines and taxes on American companies overseas, while cutting tax breaks to companies that stayed here. Id put heavy tarrifs on import products. id use all revenues to pay off the national debt.

Id revoke many federal laws like the drinking age. Id make sure any state that dares pass any law violating the bill of rights be punished. I would funnel alot of the black budget money into space exploration and colinization. id give a full pardon to all drug offenders who are in jail for simply growing pot, and they would be reimbursed and given multi million dollar settlements, as well as all other non vioilent non thieving offenders.

Id increase support for capital punishment. Id move death row right along. Id stop testing on animals and instead use death row inmates. Id clean up the corruption in the system by making bribery a capitol offense, and any public offical who is bribed or bought, is subject to possible death penalty.

Freedom of religion would be reinstated, but so would a strict seperation of Church and state. A 10 minute quiet time would be created in schools at the beginning of the day, where children can chose to pray, ponder, catch a nap, doodle, what have you.

Freedom of speech would be fully reinstated. The govornment would no longer be allowed to keep files on protestors. No more arresting people on public property or the creation of protest zones.

Federal obscenity laws would be revoked, no more forbbidden workds on national TV or radio, no more censoring "offensive" content.

I would also give special grants to companies, large and small, who, at the beginnign of the work day, held company fitness programs like they did in Japan. I would slim down America through national campaigns, with the money I shall take out of useless and pointless campaigns that are a waste of money.

I would start making it mandatory that third parties get more support in the media, to break us from this henious and undemocratic two party system. I would also help create an efficent and massive effort in cities to adopt more train and rail based transit. When I got sone, there wouldnt be any gas, wed all be driving hydrogen powered cars, so the only thing left to worry about is traffic.

I would put a rein in on total uncontained capitalism. Wed still ahve free enetrprise. But big biz wouldnt be running the country anymore.

Oh, and the Federal reserve? one of the first things Id do is have all members, past and present, publically executed for betraying America to its doom.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No one allowed to marry until the age of 25, compulsory contraception and a rigorous evaluation of any couples wishing to have children, children to have regular therapy to prevent their parents/environment/peers screwing them up, corporal punishment re-instated, anti-social behaviour and violent crime carries a mandatory five year sentence, more prisons/hospitals schools built, massive pay hike in public sector wages, fat cat bosses and politicians to have pay rises capped, a leaning towards decent moral values rather than traditional moral values, only two reality TV shows allowed per year.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'm talking about the people that inhabited mexico before cortez came. We're using slang. We say Indain, you say native american. Don't try and act all high and mighty because you know that indians are from india and native americans are the origional people of the americas.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
err....after reading everyone's opinions i would make sure that Skadi_the_Evil_Elf is not in power. I think after that we'll be ok.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well I agree with Skadi_the_Evil_Elf I have some changes and additions!!!

1st and foremost.......
1) The Federal Reserve will be disbanned and America will go back to the Gold standard. All persons involved with the Reserves will be tried for Treason against America. If found guilty they will be executed immediately. If found not guilty they will be kicked out of the country.
2) The IRS will be kicked to the curb. A flat tax will be enacted of no more than 15%. No exemptions. Business or Indvidual.
3) ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS (notice, not undocumented workers) Will be immediately deported from the country. And a strict and LIMITED immagration policy will be enacted.
4) We will immediately pull out of the UN, and they will be told to F.O. and given 30 days to be gone or arrested and charged with treason against this country.
5) All elected officials will be thrown out. New ones will be elected BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE. There will be no more career politicians. Term limits will be enacted to insure this. It is time for the people to be fairly represented (Yes, I'm calling myself a Dictator, but just long enough to give Americans back their country.)
6) WELFARE reform will be severe and drastic. All those able to work will do so....Even if it means flipping burgers at McDonalds. I will help them until they are on their feet again, but no more FREE RIDES!
7) Capital punishment will become the norm. With DNA testing and multiple coroberating witnesses. you will be taken out back and shot. No longer the 20+ years of appeals, on the tax payers dollar. If any doubt, you will be spared...but conclusive and irrefutable evidence you did the crime...You will be executed immediately.
8) We will develope an energy policy that no longer relies on foriegn energy. To all you tree huggers F.O. In this day and age, we should be able to supply our own needs without severe damage to the environment.
9) The days of Govt. land grabs will be over. If you own property it is yours, and you will no longer be required to pay taxes on it. Nor will you be required to change what you wish to do with it because of some stupid endangered bug!!
10) All troops overseas will be brought back to defend our borders. Most of these countries don't want us there to begin with. Except for our contribution to their economy. Countries that help us...we'll help them. The rest can eat #!!!
11) Same goes for forieng aid!!
12) ALL of our VETERANS will be taken care of. They gave their all for this country,, It's time to return the favor.
13) ALL lobbying organizations will be disbanned. Attempting to bribe or but a politician will be a Capital crime.
14) Power will be returned to the local and state govt's who know how to serve their people best.
15) The 2nd amendment will be given credence... All people, (except criminals and those mentally unfit) will be given the right to bare arms throughout the country. To protect themselves from the tyranny that is in place today.
16) If at all possible the armed forces will remain voluntary!! And will for once be paid for the sacrifice they have made.
17) The CONSTITUTION will once again become the law of the land. All laws not strictly adhering to it will be declared null and void.
18) Any court or judge who fails to up hold the CONSTITUTION to the letter will be removed and tried for treason. As for any politician also.
19) Education will become performance based. If students do not perform, teachers will be fired and funding will be withheld. (Note: There will always be students who just plain don't give a damn, but a large majority better be in the group that passes)
20) Healthcare......Will be privatized, but made available to all citizens. If your healthcare provider doesn't cover what you want switch to someone who will. Eventually it will work itself out.
21) SOCIAL SECURITY will be privatized. You will have a choice as to where your money goes. So do your homework. Everyone will atleast get back what they paid in. Anything else is up to you!!
22) ABORTION....unless you are raped, molested, or a pregnancy interferes with your health...IT AIN'T HAPPENING. IT's time people started taking responsibility for their actions.
23) TORT REFORM...Before you file a frivilous lawsuit, think of this. If you lose...you will pay what you are suing for. This goes back to people taking responsibility for themselves.
24) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION...will be history. It's a dog eat dog world. Be the best..or be eaten.
25) I will stop here....GAY MARRIAGE....IT AIN'T HAPPENING......All people have the same right. One MAN to marry one WOMEN. Becasuse you choose to be different...tuff #!! This is not a civil right, but a choice. People don't choose there skin color or nationality. But they do choose to do the bone dance with Mr. Spinchter!!!

Comments and even criticisms are appreciated!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
1) afirmitive action would be gone I know to many minorities that made verry good lives without it.

2)do away with outsourcing

3) buy back all land owned by non us citizens and pass a law requireing land my only be sold in the us to the people of the us

4) undo the gun control laws

5) pass a law into effect to protect the constitution and to abolish all laws that contrdict it

6) wellfare slashed foodstamps replaced by card; men only get 3 monts 1 time in their life women 3 years and drug testing made manditory to collect.

7) leagleise marijuana for medical reasons.

8) allow doctor assisted termination of life if the person who requests it is suffering to a point no longer managable by a doctor.

9) pass a law assureing that senior citizens get aid for meidcal care and medication

10) pass a law to protect social security you payed the taxes you should get it.

11) no more foreign aid.

12) put into effect a new program for those on death row which will consist of the option to fight to the death in an areana if the prisioner wins they get to live till the next time they are selected for their next match; all will be telivised via pay per view or streaming media via the inernet after age is verrified and fee is paid. all monies will go to the prision system thus lifting some of the burden off the tax payers.(I am shure I will get flamed for this one lol)

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hmm. If I were dictator.....let's see...

First of all, I'd burn the Constitution and create my own.

I'd reduce military spending by about 75 percent.

That money taken from the military would be put into scientific research.

In fact, the country would be run by scientists and scholars. I'd make this a Technocracy.

I'd try to unite all of North America. The US, Canada, Mexico, Belize, etc. would all be one "country".

I wouldn't try to take away guns completely, but I'd increase restricitons on personal weapons. A private citizen doesn't need an automatic weapon. Trigger locks.

I'd institute universal medical care.

Wouldn't get rid of welfare, but would reform it. Same with Affimative Action.

Disband NASA and fund a legitimate space program. One with some freaking balls.

This all leads to a society that depends on technology. Technology that links us all and brings us closer together.

Eh, there's more, but I don't feel like typing any more...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This has probably been mentioned, but...

I'd let the 18 year old guy buy a beer. He's old enough to die as a soldier.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Adding onto that I would lower the age of consent to the age of 16, cause lets get real, no one waits till they are legal.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join