It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were President or dictator how would you run the country?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
How would you run the country you live in if you were given power to do so? If you had the final say and you could decide on the type of government, what kind would it be? Who would you go to war with or attack? What kinds of laws would you repeal and instate in the books? How would you deal with the problems we face today?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would immediately levy a very heavy tax on the New York Yankees in order to break up their monopoly over the American League East division. Time to bring down THE MAN (George Steinbrenner).

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'd tell Israel that they no longer have our unconditional support.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
(since we're in the pit
)

I'd go one step further and order a carpet bombing of yankee stadium with MOABs.

Go Tribe! Time for an avatar change

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'd probably scratch the cruel and unusual punishment thing for certian offences. Lagalize SOME substances that are currently illegal. Close the borders to new residents untill we straighten out the mess here now.
Affermative action would go right down the tiolet with quotas. Everyone would be responsible for their OWN actions. And gun ownership might be compulsatory (sp?).

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
I'd probably scratch the cruel and unusual punishment thing for certian offences. Lagalize SOME substances that are currently illegal. Close the borders to new residents untill we straighten out the mess here now.
Affermative action would go right down the tiolet with quotas. Everyone would be responsible for their OWN actions. And gun ownership might be compulsatory (sp?).

You pretty much covered the broad outline for me

I would like to add through out about 99% of the Laws on the books and 99% of the taxes and pull our army out of EVERY other country

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
1) close the border - create new Ellis Island for all people coming in to be documented

2) Affermative Action in the corporate workplace - Terminated

3) Affermative Action for colleges - Refocused to apply to those in areas of lower class (bad schools) while #4 is complete

4) Complete restructuring of school system

5) End abortion except if the mothers life is actively in danger - require doctor for child to be there to administer medical treatment to save the child

6) End all foreign aid

7) Remove all foreign bases

8) Eliminate the Department of Homeland Security

9) Distroy Weapons of Mass Destruction aside from a reasonable amount of Nuclear armaments to deter agression

10) Withdraw from the UN

11) Limit Governor, Senate and House terms to 1 per office per person.

12) Welfare (all forms)- terminated

13) Social Security - terminated aside from those currently on it (internal audit to determine accuracy of claims). Return remaining money equally between taxpayers.

14) Lower taxes to suit new spending plans

15) Fund alternative energy sources - create cabnet position for this purpose

16) Remove affective elements from foreign governments/systems

17) Issue formal recognition and apology of the long lasting damages stemming from Slavery and the Native American Holocaust.

18) Eliminate the Electoral College. Popular Vote rules.

That's all for now.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i'd kick the bankers and the people who run the scam of healthcare in the ass who ever they may be.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
1) close the border - create new Ellis Island for all people coming in to be documented

2) Affermative Action in the corporate workplace - Terminated

3) Affermative Action for colleges - Refocused to apply to those in areas of lower class (bad schools) while #4 is complete

4) Complete restructuring of school system

5) End abortion except if the mothers life is actively in danger - require doctor for child to be there to administer medical treatment to save the child

6) End all foreign aid

7) Remove all foreign bases

8) Eliminate the Department of Homeland Security

9) Distroy Weapons of Mass Destruction aside from a reasonable amount of Nuclear armaments to deter agression

10) Withdraw from the UN

11) Limit Governor, Senate and House terms to 1 per office per person.

12) Welfare (all forms)- terminated

13) Social Security - terminated aside from those currently on it (internal audit to determine accuracy of claims). Return remaining money equally between taxpayers.

14) Lower taxes to suit new spending plans

15) Fund alternative energy sources - create cabnet position for this purpose

16) Remove affective elements from foreign governments/systems

17) Issue formal recognition and apology of the long lasting damages stemming from Slavery and the Native American Holocaust.

18) Eliminate the Electoral College. Popular Vote rules.

That's all for now.

I like most of your ideas except:

5) I'd also allow abortions for rape victoms and 1st trimester

7) You need them for force projection

9) You want to have more nukes then anyone else

17) Sorry, most people in this country had nothing to do with any of it

18) The elector college is important - there is a reason the US is not a pure democracy, but rather a democratic republic.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why don't we justy call this the repugnat wisdful thinnking page?:shk:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

But, you benefit from it. (I really hate that nonchalant attitude)

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Why don't we justy call this the repugnat wisdful thinnking page?

I was just called a liberal on another thread.........LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

But, you benefit from it. (I really hate that nonchalant attitude)

if your so "high and mighty" with all the abosolute BS you spew why dont you tell us how would you run things!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Dude, are you talking to me?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

if your so "high and mighty" with all the abosolute BS you spew why dont you tell us how would you run things!

First, I'd cut your tongue out and make you my driver.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

First, I'd cut your tongue out and make you my driver.

I think that he would work better as a nine iron.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Talking to all of you. These are republican thoughts. Anyone here ever think of helping out the less fortunate? Fixing up ghettos and rural areas so they aren't so pathetic? What's wrong with that? Haven't you all heard fo the idea of you're only as strong as your weakest link? Sheesh?

Just a bunch of selfish bastards.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I like most of your ideas except:

5) I'd also allow abortions for rape victoms and 1st trimester

7) You need them for force projection

Force Projection? I think you mean Power Projection (if I remember my boot camp terminology) In any case, the Navy is still in full effect, and if people by THIS point in time need some Power Projection, then they haven't been watching the game these past few decades.

9) You want to have more nukes then anyone else

No I don't. I said enough. There is no cause to have the number of weapons we have. Even having 100 big boy nukes would be MORE than enough.

Obviously, but the recognition is something that is long past due. Just because the people that came before you failed to do something that is right is no cause to say "Well, it no longer applies. No one cares anymore". I'm pretty sure the Natives on the reservations care. Take a stroll through a black community and just LOOK at the people who care.

18) The elector college is important - there is a reason the US is not a pure democracy, but rather a democratic republic.

Let me know why it is important now. Considering the intended purpose behind it, I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to justify it now.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Talking to all of you. These are republican thoughts. Anyone here ever think of helping out the less fortunate? Fixing up ghettos and rural areas so they aren't so pathetic? What's wrong with that? Haven't you all heard fo the idea of you're only as strong as your weakest link? Sheesh?

Just a bunch of selfish bastards.

OK, first off I am not done the list. Secondly, I only included (mostly) federal issues.

I surely think it is important to build community, especially in the lower class areas. If you don't know this by now (me harping on community and encouraging people to get involved) then you haven't been listening.

I am conservative, but don't lump me in with the heartless ones out there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join