It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were President or dictator how would you run the country?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If I were ruler I'd get Mark Prior's #ing achille's tendon back in working order

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
So, you can keep your welfare crap to yourself, racist, because I'll have you know that white people are the majority takers of welfare, son.

Doesn't that make sense since white people are the majority in this country?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Of course, those wacky arabs who are being relocated to deatining centers are getting "all the breaks".

This is a new occurrence---maybe 2 yrs old. No comparison

The japanese who were put into internment camps got one hell of a "break".

They got paid reparations. Moot point.

The Mexicans who truly contribute to society and yet are continually denied citizen's rights get a great "break".

They willingly came here as economic refugees

Not to mention the native americans who got the biggest "break" of all, almost getting wiped off the map.

They never got an apology either but, they never built this country with their bare hands like blacks did

So many ethnic groups have had it so much worse than african americans, and yet you are the only ones that bitch constantly.

This is ultimate crap. You still know your heritage. You weren't roibbed of it. Youwere't killed killed by the millions. Go look up the Middle Passage and see the MILLIONS upon MILLOINS who didn't make it to America packed like sardines in a filthy ship. I think those millions of dead would've chosen the pack mule.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88

Next up would be open container laws! Get rid of them.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Bob88]

I too am for repeal of the open container laws since I find it very difficult to sample my drink with the bottle cap still atttached. I have chipped several teeth attempting to quench my thirst; methinks it is a conspiracy between the ADA and BushCo to enslave the little man.

I demand an apology.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer

So, you can keep your welfare crap to yourself, racist, because I'll have you know that white people are the majority takers of welfare, son.

Doesn't that make sense since white people are the majority in this country?

Of course it does, but some racist is always using blacks as the poster boy for welfare and I'm getting sick of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

So, I'm supposed to just "get over it." After centuries of murder, rape, and physical, mental, and social destruction---which ended maybe 35-40 yrs ago, now, I'm supposed to "let bygones be bygones" and sing Kumbayah. You think after just 35-40 yrs compared to 4 centuries of evil that ANYONE"S gotten over it, particularly when everyone else from foreign lands get all the breaks?

In a word.. YES.. Not like it happened to you, who are you to say anything about it. Imagine where you would be today if your ancestors weren't sold to the US? Been to Sierra leone lately? Take a look at the world you would be living in, it makes what your ancestors went through look like a freaking cake walk. You are lucky to be here given the alternative. You can always go back to where you would be if your ancestors weren't enslaved see how fun that is, give up your American citizenship and live like people do in africa. Given what you know now about how events turned out, if you were your ancestors and had been captured by another tribe and you were given a choice you could stay in your country and be a slave or you could be sold to the US to be a slave (like I said given what you know now) what would you choose? History happened the way it happened and your ancestors made a great sacrifice for you, they died for you, they were enslaved for you and they worked to get freedom for you in this country. I think people going around asking for handouts and reparations are a disgrace, they are money grubbing beggars who are trying to capitalize on the sacrifices of their ancestors. It wasn't right, but when you put it in perspective you have a freedom that without the US and with out the hard work and sacrifice of your ancestors you wouldn't have.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I would repeal all the non-smoking laws and regualte those people to the back corner of all bars.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Actually we were robbed of our heritage. You are still black, still african to some extent. Our women were raped continuously by the conquerors for the SOLE purpose of diluting our Indian blood. They destroyed who we were, there are still african tribes. The great civilization of the gulf have been ground into dust. Our language has been destroyed, our culture, our civilization. Even as a race we are less than we were, all because cortez had a few guns and ponies to back him up. You were enslaved, very sorry, but we were destroyed. Shut the hell up you sniveling punk

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

In a word.. YES.. Not like it happened to you, who are you to say anything about it. Imagine where you would be today if your ancestors weren't sold to the US? Been to Sierra leone lately? Take a look at the world you would be living in, it makes what your ancestors went through look like a freaking cake walk. You are lucky to be here given the alternative. You can always go back to where you would be if your ancestors weren't enslaved see how fun that is, give up your American citizenship and live like people do in africa. Given what you know now about how events turned out, if you were your ancestors and had been captured by another tribe and you were given a choice you could stay in your country and be a slave or you could be sold to the US to be a slave (like I said given what you know now) what would you choose? History happened the way it happened and your ancestors made a great sacrifice for you, they died for you, they were enslaved for you and they worked to get freedom for you in this country. I think people going around asking for handouts and reparations are a disgrace, they are money grubbing beggars who are trying to capitalize on the sacrifices of their ancestors. It wasn't right, but when you put it in perspective you have a freedom that without the US and with out the hard work and sacrifice of your ancestors you wouldn't have.

Hmm. I wonder how many American corporations are in Africa right now, f-ing up Africa for their resources, causing further violent chaos which was orginally caused by the Europeaons who divided the land arbitrarily and not tribally so we have the fighting that we do now. You know absolutely nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I would repeal all the non-smoking laws and regualte those people to the back corner of all bars.

Amen. But make them walk through the smoking section to get there.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Actually, besides Australia Africa has the lowest rates of American industry in the world, know why?

'cause its so messed up

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Actually we were robbed of our heritage. You are still black, still african to some extent. Our women were raped continuously by the conquerors for the SOLE purpose of diluting our Indian blood. They destroyed who we were, there are still african tribes. The great civilization of the gulf have been ground into dust. Our language has been destroyed, our culture, our civilization. Even as a race we are less than we were, all because cortez had a few guns and ponies to back him up. You were enslaved, very sorry, but we were destroyed. Shut the hell up you sniveling punk

I'm still African? I don't know the first thing about Africa---that was stolen from me. And you were not "destroyed." Mexico is still there and you know where you're people come from. Ask me, I couldn't tell you, you whiny apologist.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Hmm. I wonder how many American corporations are in Africa right now, f-ing up Africa for their resources, causing further violent chaos which was orginally caused by the Europeaons who divided the land arbitrarily and not tribally so we have the fighting that we do now. You know absolutely nothing.

Yeahhh, blame the domestic problems of Africa on the US. LOL that's the famous excuse used by people who don't want to look at themselves. The US makes a good scape goat. Find a different excuse man. You want reparations go sue what ever african tribe sold your ancestors to the US. But as I said before, in perspective you got the good end of a bad deal.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Actually, besides Australia Africa has the lowest rates of American industry in the world, know why?

'cause its so messed up

Really, I wonder why DeBeers is there and I wonder why all those oil companies are there.

You're so full of #, keep sucking up.

Western multinational corporations� attempts to cash in on the wealth of Congo's resources have resulted in what many have called "Africa's first world war," claiming the lives of over 3 million people. The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has been labeled "the richest patch of earth on the planet." The valuable abundance of minerals and resources in the DRC has made it the target of attacks from U.S.-supported neighboring African countries Uganda and Rwanda.

The DRC is minerial rich with millions of tons of diamonds, copper, cobalt, zinc, manganese, uranium, niobium, and tantalum also known as coltan. Coltan has become an increasingly valuable resource to American corporations. Coltan is used to make mobile phones, night vision goggles, fiber optics, and capacitators used to maintain the electrical charge in computer chips

www.projectcensored.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
Yeahhh, blame the domestic problems of Africa on the US. LOL that's the famous excuse used by people who don't want to look at themselves. The US makes a good scape goat. Find a different excuse man. You want reparations go sue what ever african tribe sold your ancestors to the US. But as I said before, in perspective you got the good end of a bad deal.

You continually play the idiot. I NEVER wanted reparations. How many times do I have to say that? You say that because that's your default answer as opposed to adressing thepoints that I have made. Its intellecutally lazy.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You know, I think if I were in charge, dictator, of course, I'd disband congress immediately. Don't need them getting in the way. Then, with the country mine, I'd have to declare martial law, because of all those hippy beatniks who would be protesting the removal of congress.

You want to speak out against me? Stick flowers in my troop's guns? You're gonna be wearing that flower in your brain if you do. Beat it, I own you now.

Now, the first order of business would be to pave over the ghettos. Cities have some huge parking problems, and those people usually don't vote, so who cares? Then, so those people wouldn't be homeless, I'd have to start a shuttle service for the people who park in the new parking lot, and I'll have the former residents drive the shuttles. They could sleep in them, too, so it's all good. May even give them a few bucks if they do really well.

Of course, even after I killed all the protesters, there'd still be disadents. Them I would have to track down by having a huge secret police agency. Punishment would be they have their tongues cut out and become my personal driver. When the next tongueless guy shows up, I'll just shoot the first one in the head. And so on and so on.

Next order of bisiness would be to end white collar crime. I would do this by getting rid of all the laws that convict people for white collar crime. If it's making your business money, and you're giving me a cut, do whatever you want.

Ok, enough of this, I think I tweeked Colonel pretty well

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm not even gonna address this JJ.:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm not a mod or anything, but shouldn't this race riot be moved to a different thread? It's strayed a little far from the topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I'm not a mod or anything, but shouldn't this race riot be moved to a different thread? It's strayed a little far from the topic.

This is the mudpit so just about anything goes almost. I got sidetracked b/c someone was a bit insensitive---love your avatar, tho. Idol's the MAN!

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Colonel is the mod, and he's the one who should be doing the moving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join