It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were President or dictator how would you run the country?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelI'm still African? I don't know the first thing about Africa---that was stolen from me. And you were not "destroyed." Mexico is still there and you know where you're people come from. Ask me, I couldn't tell you, you whiny apologist.

hey you know what, my dad was adopted I don't know my roots on that side of my family. Should I go around saying how it was stolen from me and I don't know the first thing about part of my history? (what if my great great great grandfather was adopted? should I carry a chip on my shoulder about that?) Come on, this crapola gets old. You care because you have been told to care, you've been told that it was important, but is it? Have you ever really thought about the whole picture here? Doesn't seem like you have, it's more of a victim complex I'm hearing here.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer

Colonel is the mod, and he's the one who should be doing the moving.

That's what I was hinting at

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You're not even remotely funny and if you're going to whine about me I suggest you whine about JohnSmith as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
You're not even remotely funny and if you're going to whine about me I suggest you whine about JohnSmith as well.

You're the mod. You're the one who's supposed to keep the place in working order.

Keep your argument running, I don't care, just make a new thread for it so the actual topic of the thread doesn't get lost in the "He said/She said".

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Actually, Dreamstone I gotta say (owww - this is hard, agreeing with the Colonel!) the Colonel's got one on you here...the Spanish were much closer in many ways to Mexicans than Africans were to Europeans.

We're all mutts, to a degree. And I say, good! Who wants to be a blueblood like those British royalty..bad teeth, funny faces, nasty temperaments. And they talk funny.

Plus, you really can't blame Cortez too much for trying to pollute the bloodlines - some of those Mexican chics are really hot!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Actually, Dreamstone I gotta say (owww - this is hard, agreeing with the Colonel!) the Colonel's got one on you here...the Spanish were much closer in many ways to Mexicans than Africans were to Europeans.

We're all mutts, to a degree. And I say, good! Who wants to be a blueblood like those British royalty..bad teeth, funny faces, nasty temperaments. And they talk funny.

Plus, you really can't blame Cortez too much for trying to pollute the bloodlines - some of those Mexican chics are really hot!

Finally, vindication. I am pleased for the moment. I think all would go well if everyone just said: "Yes, you are right, Colonel."

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You continually play the idiot.

Hmmm name calling, I guess that's one way to deal with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

How were mexicans close to the spaniards in many ways?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

You continually play the idiot.

Hmmm name calling, I guess that's one way to deal with it.

Ya know what. Estorica is right. You got a beef, please create a new thread and yell to your heart's content. I am done with you.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Who wants to be a blueblood like those British royalty..bad teeth, funny faces, nasty temperaments. And they talk funny.

Well, you inbreed for a few hundred years and see how you turn out. The poor royalty, at least they can get plastic surgery.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by J0HNSmith]

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by J0HNSmith]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't have a beef.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Yeah and the US government gave african americans a chance at a free 1 way trip back to africa. I guess the people who didn't go liked welfare to much and would rather gripe about how awful we white americans are and how much we owe them, yeah America is such an awful place for black people but if you don't like this racist land who enslaved your ancestors and is such a bad place than leave!

Where are we supposed to go? Back to Africa? Remember you robbed us of our culture too so we don't speak the language. We don't know the tribal ancestry. YOu completely anhilated a people---it wouldn't be the first time.

So, you can keep your welfare crap to yourself, racist, because I'll have you know that white people are the majority takers of welfare, son.

I'd like to say for the record that Colonel posted this as a quote from me, but it is NOT my quote and would not like to be atributed with the mentality this guy is pushing.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
wow - I really started some # here didn't I?

Any ways - If I were the dictator, I would make all the people that went on welfare PAY IT BACK.

Plus, I would make all the people asking for reperations or an appology pay reperations to everyone else for making them listen to that garbage.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer

How were mexicans close to the spaniards in many ways?

Right Mexicans were INDIANS not Spanish

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

But...but...they both speak spanish! Are you trying to tell me that the Spanish and Mexicans are different?

What next, Taco Bell isn't authentic Mexicano cuisine!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmukRight Mexicans were INDIANS not Spanish

Yeah try comparing a spaniard or a Puerto rican to a mexican some time. They take that kind of thing personal.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Why don't we justy call this the repugnat wisdful thinnking page?:shk:

Dude, are you talking to me?

Talking to all of you. These are republican thoughts. Anyone here ever think of helping out the less fortunate? Fixing up ghettos and rural areas so they aren't so pathetic? What's wrong with that? Haven't you all heard fo the idea of you're only as strong as your weakest link? Sheesh?

Just a bunch of selfish bastards.

you've obviously never heard of capitalism. its survivle of the fittest dude!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Anyway... getting back on topic.

Like I said before,

Flat tax for everyone, we dont need tax brackets, all that does is keep poor people poor.

De-regulate the economy... the gov't has no business messing with the free market, it will regulate itself.

Destroy the planet Earth; this will end every problem that is perceived by humanity.

-Durandal

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

What next, Taco Bell isn't authentic Mexicano cuisine!

Oh yeah, then explain why it is that the supermarket stocks the Old El Paso Burrito Meal Kit in the Spanish/ethnic food aisle?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Somewhere two things happened to this thread.

1) People got the funny idea that because it happened yesterday, that it created no problems today.

and

2) That saying we should nix the current welfare programs and social security program, that those who think so also say we should say "# the poor and needy."

Both are wrong, but come to think of it, it wasn't the thread that caused the problem, it's people's assumations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join