It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were President or dictator how would you run the country?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Oh yeah, then explain why it is that the supermarket stocks the Old El Paso Burrito Meal Kit in the Spanish/ethnic food aisle?

Because we're stupid americans

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Somewhere two things happened to this thread.

1) People got the funny idea that because it happened yesterday, that it created no problems today.

and

2) That saying we should nix the current welfare programs and social security program, that those who think so also say we should say "# the poor and needy."

Both are wrong, but come to think of it, it wasn't the thread that caused the problem, it's people's assumations.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Flat tax, WooT. That would include the taxing of being paid as a CEO with incentives, jets, stock etc... No one escapes the flat tax with penalty of deportation.

Members of congress will get paid for official government and congressional expenses. Nothing more, they would have to get a freaken job like the rest of us. No overpaid campaigns, the limit is $100,000 and if you don't have it you need to get 20% of the people you will be representing to sign a petition that they would support your ideas and the money would be given to you to run. No kick backs, donations, or corporate political incentives. If a company is found giving a congress member money or gifts the company would be investigated and those responsible would be deported along with the congressman involved.
Universal healthcare, 1 year unemployment, people on disability will have a check up every year by a doctor if they remain on it. No Welfare without a damm good reason.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
um, i'd just give everyone their rights

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Originally posted by Colonel
Why don't we justy call this the repugnat wisdful thinnking page?:shk:

Dude, are you talking to me?

Talking to all of you. These are republican thoughts. Anyone here ever think of helping out the less fortunate? Fixing up ghettos and rural areas so they aren't so pathetic? What's wrong with that? Haven't you all heard fo the idea of you're only as strong as your weakest link? Sheesh?

Just a bunch of selfish bastards.

I"m sure Republican/Conservative means selfish prick in some language somewhere... it must coz thats the only words to describe their attitudes

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
How do you figure asian?

Is it so selfish to NOT want a bloated overextended and ineffective social spending system taxing what you earn for you family?

Geez, I'm a real bastard then.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
1)education reform - Raise the minimum wage for teachers, they are a very important part of the country and deserve more than they get in most places. Ban kids who have a span of 3 straight years with F's in over half there classes from middle school up. These kids don't want to be there and they only waste the time of everyone else in the classes; teachers and students.

2)develope renewable energy sources. Fund it with the gov. and influece the private sector as well. Any car company selling cars in the US that doesnt make a hybrid or alternative energy car by 2007 will be levied an additional tax which would help fund gov. research. After 2020 states relying on over 50% fossil fuels for electricity will have federal funding withheld.

3)update and modernize the power grid- de we want another huge blackout?

4)have the Supreme Court review any potential bill before it can be passed to insure that it is not unconstitutional.

5)Have any proposed constitutional amendment be passed by 2/3 majority in a national referendum before it can take effect.

6)Any attempt by Congress to repeal a federal law or program will have to be passed by a majority vote in a national referendum.

7)A declaration of war or congress giving the power to the president to wage war requires a majority vote in a national referendum unless directly attacked another nation.

8)give people a say in how their taxes are spent. a taxpayer can choose where 60% of his tax dollars will be allocated. The other 40% by the gov.

9)medicare reform-right now crack and heroin is cheaper than athsma and AIDS medicines, enough said.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durandal
Anyway... getting back on topic.

Like I said before,

Flat tax for everyone, we dont need tax brackets, all that does is keep poor people poor.

De-regulate the economy... the gov't has no business messing with the free market, it will regulate itself.

Destroy the planet Earth; this will end every problem that is perceived by humanity.

-Durandal

freaking sloth

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeyer
5)Have any proposed constitutional amendment be passed by 2/3 majority in a national referendum before it can take effect.

I like this one. Changing the Constitution is a BIG deal, and deserves the public's direct input.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeyer
1)education reform - Raise the minimum wage for teachers, they are a very important part of the country and deserve more than they get in most places. Ban kids who have a span of 3 straight years with F's in over half there classes from middle school up. These kids don't want to be there and they only waste the time of everyone else in the classes; teachers and students.

2)develope renewable energy sources. Fund it with the gov. and influece the private sector as well. Any car company selling cars in the US that doesnt make a hybrid or alternative energy car by 2007 will be levied an additional tax which would help fund gov. research. After 2020 states relying on over 50% fossil fuels for electricity will have federal funding withheld.

3)update and modernize the power grid- de we want another huge blackout?

4)have the Supreme Court review any potential bill before it can be passed to insure that it is not unconstitutional.

6)Any attempt by Congress to repeal a federal law or program will have to be passed by a majority vote in a national referendum.

7)A declaration of war or congress giving the power to the president to wage war requires a majority vote in a national referendum unless directly attacked another nation.

8)give people a say in how their taxes are spent. a taxpayer can choose where 60% of his tax dollars will be allocated. The other 40% by the gov.

9)medicare reform-right now crack and heroin is cheaper than athsma and AIDS medicines, enough said.

1) Middle school is a little harsh, no? I'd give it after freshman year in H.S. - then your gone.

2) "After 2020 states relying on over 50% fossil fuels for electricity will have federal funding withheld." That is undoable. It would be so devastating to the economy it might criple the nation.

4) This would only perpetuate the beuracracy problem we already have - they can already reject it.

5/6) Would be a great idea in theory, but are 2/3'ds the public smart enough educated enough and care enough?

7) How would you pull off a sneak attack????

8) I like this idea
No more of my money going to welfare!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

2007 is a damn bit close. I'd extend it a little bit. As for the fossil fuel thing, I don't know if we can trust renewable energy enough for that to be a reality. But it's always fun to hope.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would also do the following.

1) Cancel all debt to foreign countries. This was one of Hitler's GOOD ideas

2) Cancel all monies owed to us (just for good measure).

Let's get our fingers out of everyone's asses. That would probably do more for the "War on Terror" than anything else (the fingers in the ass thing, not the debt thing).

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

How were mexicans close to the spaniards in many ways?

Right Mexicans were INDIANS not Spanish

And I would have guessed that they were Native Americans! Damn, I'da been wrong again.

My apologies to my Colleagues from Calcutta.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by Amuk

How were mexicans close to the spaniards in many ways?

Ummm nope your both wrong and both right... the way i understood it, the Mexicans were a combination of the two... not quite spanish not quite indian/native american.... but then again i could be wrong as i live in australia so we dont get too many of any of them here

And I would have guessed that they were Native Americans! Damn, I'da been wrong again.

My apologies to my Colleagues from Calcutta.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

But...but...they both speak spanish! Are you trying to tell me that the Spanish and Mexicans are different?

What next, Taco Bell isn't authentic Mexicano cuisine!

Mexicans were Native Americans (PC identity : ) - the Indians are from India. The only damn reason why most people call Native Americans, Indians, is because of that rat bastard Christopher Columbus thinking he landed in India - that dumb f$ck (I don't care what time he was from, dumb is dumb). He could have stopped calling them Indians if he had wanted to, once he knew that he had not landed in India. Da, da, da, da, dumb.

The Spanish and Mexicans are quite different. Of course most Mexicans are a mixture of the previous Native Americans and the Spanish (or I should just say, Europeans). If you visit the Yucatan Peninsula you can get an idea of what the previous inhabitants of Mexico looked like - most of the inhabitants still call themselves Mayan and they do look very distinct from the rest of the inhabitants of Mexico.

I don't think they are pure blooded Mayans, but it is obvious that that previous culture's genes are dominant. Most Mexican's (as well as the rest of Central and South America - which most of the cultures have a European trait dominance, centuries of mixing) spanish/european traits dominate. Most mexicans, as do other Central and South Americans, become very offended if you call them Spanish or hispanic, hence, that is why we have the term "latino."

Anyways, its just info.

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Krazyjethro you anger me off because half the time you'll say stuff that makes me just do a double-take and say what the #, and the other half like the talk about how we can't get rid of welfare and social security makes me stop and say damn this guys a GENIOUS. So anyways keep it up

Back at the begining of the thread people were talking about simply removing ourselves from the UN...well thats retarded for all its lack of definitivness on certain issues its still the only global voice.

It does lots of good too in 3rd world country's with aid. So basicly just restructure the UN to make it more usefull for major important decisions but you can't back out or get rid of it all together.

Whatever that's just one guys opinion.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by globalmisinformation]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence

Originally posted by Esoterica

Mexicans were Native Americans (PC identity : ) - the Indians are from India. The only damn reason why most people call Native Americans, Indians, is because of that rat bastard Christopher Columbus thinking he landed in India - that dumb f$ck (I don't care what time he was from, dumb is dumb). He could have stopped calling them Indians if he had wanted to, once he knew that he had not landed in India. Da, da, da, da, dumb.

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

I believe you are wrong here "Indian" has to do with the word "indigenous" which meand native to that land.
I could be wrong tho.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
I could be wrong tho.

you are

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Very UN-Originally puked up by Colonel Crybaby

Talking to all of you. These are republican thoughts. Anyone here ever think of helping out the less fortunate? Fixing up ghettos and rural areas so they aren't so pathetic? What's wrong with that? Haven't you all heard fo the idea of you're only as strong as your weakest link? Sheesh?

Just a bunch of selfish bastards.

First, you posted 20 replies and all you had to add to this thread was you would make smoking in bars legal again? Why don't you stop derailing my god damn thread and making it in to your subject? The same old beat in to the ground talked about and talked about, mundane, lame, BOARING, typical crybaby Colonel topic.

All I can say is how the # did you make moderator? Were they all Drunk or is this also some type of affermative action. Every #ing time you type its about how you were robbed of this and that. Ya know if I gave a # before, I don't now. Thats your tough # so yes, deal with it. You heard me.

If I was incharge I'd start a penal colony and throw all you pussy crybabies in there so we didn't have to hear your stupid pander. You really are about as fun as a pack of genital warts.

BTW....
You're the selfish bastard wanting something for nothing while the rest of us go out to work for our living you want it to go to the welfare cases?.....um.....how about you give them your money? I didn't think so? That means you'd have to cry for some more now wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
You really are about as fun as a pack of genital warts.

Something you know about how fun genital warts are that you're not sharing with the rest of us?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join