It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone up for "Mastering Astral Projection?"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Had a heavy weekend of drinking and family fun out of town so didn't get around to it but last night i had a irritating dream (nothing worked, i could not even put butter on my cracker with cheese
) so after everything failed on my cracker i tried to concentrate on a new piece of cheese and a nice finished cracker. Closed my eyes in my dream and got a strange feeling about me, woke up right into a sleep paralysis and felt like i had the option of 'going out' But i resisted it because of the foul mood i was in because of the failed cracker and the irritating dream in general i didn't feel like i was in the right state of mind. Everything went blacker than was in my room (always like to get some moonlight into my bedroom) and after the mandatory fingerwiggle i was able to move and wake up.

But it was interesting the way i haphazardly induced a possibility to AP.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Good job Harman. I have been getting those weird dreams now too. Nothing works and everything is frustrating. Those used to trigger a Lucid for me because they would tip me off that I am dreaming.

I am still working on this. I haven't put in 100% effort though, I need to work harder.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Good to hear Karl. I've been unable to progress any further lately. I think my use of stimulants (high potency energy drinks) lately due to a more hectic work schedule are hindering my ability to become lucid. I haven't been dreaming at all for about the last 2 weeks. Being short on staff and working killer overtime has forced me to use some pretty powerful energy supplements to help me make it through my grueling 14 hour days. I'll keep you posted though, this stretch of crazy hours should be over in a few weeks(I hope)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Yeah, my shift sucks. I am sure that my diet of coffee and sleeping pills is not really aiding me in my goals here.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Whoo hoo! First Lucid Dream in years last night. Very pleased with the progress now. If I am on the same path as before, I can hopefully use the Lucid experiences to aid in the AP.

Dream:
Lucid.
I was in a huge gymnasium doing some sort of chore, moving boxes or something. I walked by a line of people and when I walked by, someone called out to me and told me that I needed to wait in the line for some weight management counseling. So I thought that was odd, but got in the line anyways.

So I am waiting in the counseling line talking to people. The line was fairly long and most of the people were African American. I was chatting with the person in front of me when I noticed that I felt the room shift and I was leaning hard to my right. Then we all fell down and I realized that it was a major earthquake.

While I was laying on the ground, I looked up at the ceiling which was made of glass and noticed that it was starting to crumble so we all had to scramble for cover. Once the crumbling subsided, we made our exit outside.

I noticed that everything was extremely vibrant outside. Then I saw the guy that I was talking to inside jump into a swimming pool. I started adding it all up in my head and thought that maybe I was dreaming. So I did the nose plug reality check (plug your nose and try to breathe through it, if you can breathe, you are dreaming) and low and behold.... I was dreaming.

I then jumped into the air and flew up to the second story of a building. When I got there, I thought... wouldn't it be cool to grab a powerline? So I flew over and grabbed onto some powerlines. I could feel the energy surging through me and sparks were flying everywhere.

After that, I flew back down to see what was going on. We went over and inspected a bridge for damage. When I touched one of the cracks on the bridge, the entire thing shifted and was about to fall. So, I pulled a superman trick and flew up under it and lifted it out of the way. I ended up placing it inside some sort of a cavern.... Inside the cavern was also damaged by the quake. The rocks in the cavern had shifted and exposed some Egyptian ruins. I could see the sand pouring off of them right before I woke up.

Great dream.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yesterday I had two lucid dreams! Hardly likely to be a coincidence because I don't remember that level of lucidity happening for years. Unfortunately it was quite difficult to stay asleep during them. The first time it felt as if I woke up for just a moment and got myself back to sleep but the second time I woke up and could not fall back to sleep. I would say both dreams lasted about five minutes though I suppose it is tough to tell.

In both cases I first noticed because of the people I was interacting with... they actually live a long way away. The strategy I have been using appears to be working. Rather than doing what the book suggests I analyze my state of mind frequently throughout the day. This way I get into the habit of figuring out if I'm dreaming in the day and hop it will naturally carry over when sleeping. I still think the books method could be used to make it even more effective.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This morning I knew I was dreaming at some points but had quite little control over the dream. At a couple points I did feel as though I was somewhat in control.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I have gone for quite a while without any lucid dreams at all now. Disappointing!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think I just realized why my ability to figure out I'm dreaming has been fading to zero. I've forgotten about the first thing I'm supposed to do in the morning... RECORD MY DREAMS. Initially I was giving it quite a lot of thought but somewhere along the line I forgot to remember, if that makes sense

That must have been a lot more important than I thought. There is almost no way that it was a simple coincidence I was suddenly having lucid dreams. In any case, I'll start doing that again and report back my results.

Also, is anybody else still doing this at all or is it just me?! Hello?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Using Mugwort as a tea, incense, or near(close enough to smell it) your bed has been known to increase dream recall, dream lucidity, and projection for some people.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I just found this thread. I have this book, and have been trying to find time to really get into it. It looks like a very interesting program, and from what I know about AP, it looks like it could be very helpful. Some time soon, I will go through this book.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Just started the book yesterday

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Also, is anybody else still doing this at all or is it just me?! Hello?

Sorry. I will admit that I underestimated how difficult it would be to do this with a newborn. I thought I could do it but it looks like I will have to put this on the back burner for a while.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I bought the book yesterday, it will arrive here in may 18th..

I had an AP 2 days ago; you can see my testimony over Cavemans
thread...

But, the trance method is effective for me (althought is full on fear
on nights) and the whole works out as 3 ways:

1) You have to let your BODY sleep by relaxation and stay conscious;
2) You have to CONCENTRATE on the contemplation of the ideoretinal
lights behind your closed eyes (more on that later);
3) (Caveman tip) You have to detect changes in the ringing of ears;

Easy said than done.
I know this first hand.

Once you start to let go of body (it becomes apart from you, heavier and
heavier) and its annoyances (my mouth and eyes gets weird), things
START to change..

The first change is that the retinal lights (the million pricks of static) start
to become circles, popping, scaling and moving.. the colours are faint, like
blue and mostly purple.

(all this events at the same time)

The ringing gets louder... by this time, things gets REALLY weirder... this
stage is the opening of the etheric body, to what normally is the recharge
of vital energy... but this time, you are consciously going through.

Your body will feel different, as it weigths a ton, but I (my experience)
feel my heart pounding, racing and my breath following that.

(Robert bruce calls this as the heart chakra is not well balanced)

Going along, the speed of the ideoretinal lights now should be impressive,
and I got chills up and down (fear is my current blockage)....

Then the sound changes, from a high pitch "beacon" as I remember, to a
more oscillating sound, just like Caveman posted in his podcast.

Another last thing: you start to see hypnagogia images and situations..
this is the "surface mind" that never rests and keeps reminding you of
things to do, desires... i even saw sex scenes in there...

By then, i called it quits... too much for me at that time.

----------

The succesfull AP happened when after I woke up from a lucid dream,
i forced my way back, following the ideoretinal lights...

This time was WAY fast, and the lights were bright, but the motion of
them was not circles or anything... seamed to me like a random noise
generator with motion blur in real time.. crazy...

I feel my heart pounding again, and feel an imense CRACK open in
my chest...

I was back, with my wife and bed as thoughtforms along... as soon as I
understand that I had maked the cosncious transition (felt like 5 seconds),
i lost the "lockmold" and went back to here.

A pure beauty. I can remember clearly as day. My bed was beneath a
tree around a bus station where my lucid dream has ended.

--------------

To force your way back needs a hell of WILL, and no fear.

Im working on those 2.

Hope to hear your projections!

[]´s
RP

[edit on 13-4-2009 by RobertPaulsim]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I think I just made a very short astral projection yesterday morning! I was dreaming a somewhat anxious dream, and for some reason that lead things to become quite detailed/lucid and at that point noticed I was dreaming. I then came to a point where I was having a conversation and decided to take full control. The other people in my dream were not happy that they were no longer my focus because I wanted to try and project, and became aggressive to me, so I made them disappear, but that elevated my stress level. At that point I warped to my bed by simply thinking about doing so because I knew that is the normal point at which people project from.

At that point I wondered if I was dreaming or had awoken. There are all kinds of ways to tell, and this time I could tell is that I could literally drift right through my comforter without having to push it out of the way. Dead give-away. So I started walking/drifting (not sure which) through my bedroom to the door. I do prefer drifting to walking when I know I'm dreaming. Everything had slightly less detail than "real" life but anything I focused on would appear reasonably vivid... its just that I wouldn't quite get the full big picture when focusing in on any given thing... so I wouldn't be able to see things in quite as much clarity out of the corner of my eyes. If I paid attention to any given thing though it could be equally as clear as most things I've seen in "real" life. Of course that is also true with some lucid dreams that I've had. Moving past my bookshelf next to the door (which doesn't exist in "real" life and I didn't notice that I don't have one there until I woke up), I noticed everything had a red hue to it.

At that point I heard a voice and lost my focus, and because of that lost focus everything sort of disappeared. This threw me off guard because I was not expecting any voices and frankly I've never heard anything like this in a dream because it didn't come from any specific place. A staticy female voice angrily confronted me with a rhetorical question. Now at this point I was wondering if I was actually going literally crazy. I started to respond and the voice turned into a very strange static, which from hearing an audio clip of astral projection, was really the same sort of noise... a very electric sounding synthetic static like you might hear on a radio station you can't quite tune into. However, I was more concerned with why I was "hearing voices". Even knowing I was dreaming I was still concerned I was going crazy, so I woke myself up more or less on purpose. At that point I thought back to the bookshelf and looking at where the bookshelf was just a few seconds earlier I noted that no such bookshelf is actually there or has ever been. But now that I think about it, I was thinking about putting a bookshelf in that very spot.

Apparently, it is actually not uncommon or perhaps normal to hear voices without being in a physical location during astral projection, so I know not to be so worried about it next time and maybe I'll keep my focus and the voice won't reduce to static.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'd like to add that if its light outside or I'm sleeping at an odd time my ability to get to a lucid dream state is drastically better.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
People may find this to be extremely helpful as well

www.4shared.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
reply to post by Karlhungis

Karl: I would love to try and do Astral projection. However my living space has too many distractions which I have little control over.
I have put the ebook in my favorites for future use.
I was an almost daily Out-of-Body traveler until about the age of 9 or 10. I can still remember some of my flights as clear as day.
Good luck with your journeys.

Guys, I am brand new to this forum. Been interested in this for some time now. I am following a guy (just a regular guy) along with quite a few others on astral travel. We all achieve travel each time, and the space you mention is not a problem. The problem is I dont think I can just put a link on here so how do I approach the forum owner to ask them for permition to tell you guys where to find this guy. We have an astral family and its really a cool place. I am not trying to get you guys away from this forum but if you are interesting in astral flight then you need to check him out and then come back here and spread the word as I am doing. Astral flight (or astral surfing he calls it!) and exercise can be achieved with this guy, I have done it and do it all the time! He is new and has a fresh idea on this,

So how do I ask to put a link on here so you can check him out, up to you if you join us on this journey?

I will go and add some of my details now, ha ha!

Great topic,
Nemesis1968

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is exactly what i have been looking for!!!
i tried to get the book OP, but it says it was taken down, or deleted.
Anyway someone could send me a U2U with the link or cd?

Thanks op this is exactly what i've been searching for, for the past 3 months!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
This is exactly what i have been looking for!!!
i tried to get the book OP, but it says it was taken down, or deleted.
Anyway someone could send me a U2U with the link or cd?

Thanks op this is exactly what i've been searching for, for the past 3 months!

Thats really too bad... it seemed like a good book!

I'd just like to update everyone following the thread (if there really are people to update after this long) that I have not had any further experiences. But I also stopped paying attention to any of my dreams and if anything was trying to not think about them for some reason I'm not sure about. But now I'm starting back up and paying more attention to my dreams. The first thing I do each morning now is try to remember what I've been dreaming about. Then I'll focus on actually trying to achieve sleep paralysis again.

I also plan to do experiments on the "Law of Attraction" at the same time so maybe that will speed up the process if that stuff has any merit (or even if it doesn't since its still a form of positive thinking and should work in some way regardless).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join