It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will bring all the religions together?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If you guys have heard of it, the Bahai Faith (you can wiki it) respects and reveres all walks of religion. Their religious art and regalia is adorned with symbols like the Cross, Magen David, Crescent Moon, Swastika, Aum, etc.

I think they're sincerely trying to.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The 'God' won't bring religions together. He'll destroy them all, and will look upon the believers as sheep, disappointed in their blind belief of man. See it this way, who would a father be more proud of? A son who blindly studies old scriptures and put some vague meaning to it which fits his social surroundings? Or a son who questions everything, looking for answers beyond scripts written by man? Isn't afraid of shocking people or being ridiculed for his 'new' ideas. The latter will develop a wider perspective.

Though son number one will be the 'good' son in many eyes, 'God' will be prouder of number two. For he has truly developed.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by mortje]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Whoever does, whether it be one person or a million people. Then that will be the day of peace and realization of life as we know it. Instead of believing in some hocus pocus rubbish that will forever keep us in this spiral of lying to ourselves.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by TheWorldNeedsPeace]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by spellbound

Jesus Christ the founder of the Holy Roman Empire and the greatest lie ever told!

Jesus founded his own Christian empire, named after him, and I believe that the Holy Roman Empire is the "Whore of Babylon" often referred to in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Jesus Christ will come again to rule the earth.

Just as Caesar did.

Caesar did not come twice to earth.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boniouk06

Hey spellbound, check my post again, it wasn't a reply to you, it was a reply to whitefeather who was replying to you. I'm on your side in this one.

WOW! I am so used to people rubbishing me that I don't notice when someone actually supports me - thank you so much, Bon.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I said the sparrow, with my little bow and arrow. Kidding, but maybe the temporal lobes could answer that for you?

Ezekiel:

The Bible may contain the oldest recorded case of temporal lobe epilepsy. Ezekiel, the prophet whose visions are recorded in a book of the Old Testament, apparently had all the classic signs of the condition.

Earlier in 2001, Eric Altschuler, a neuroscientist at the University of California at San Diego, claimed that the Biblical strongman Samson may have been the earliest known sufferer of antisocial personality disorder. Now he says that records in the Bible reveal that Ezekiel, who lived about 2600 years ago, showed extreme classic symptoms of temporal lobe epilepsy.

People with the disease experience partial seizures, often accompanied by a dreamy feeling that things are not quite as they should be. Patients are often misdiagnosed with psychiatric problems. Neurologically, Ezekiel displayed some obvious signs of epilepsy, such as frequent fainting spells and episodes of not being able to speak.

source: www.newscientist.com...

other prophets with signs of epilepsy:

www.epilepsy.com...
www.mindhacks.com...

epilepsy????

"With TLE, I see things slightly different than before. I have visions and images that normal people don’t have. Some of my seizures are like entering another dimension, the closest to religious or spiritual feelings I’ve ever had. Epilepsy has given me a rare vision and insight into myself, and sometimes beyond myself, and it has played to my creative side. Without TLE, I would not have begun to sculpt."

This testimony comes from a woman who suffers from — and, obviously, often exults in — temporal lobe epilepsy. This condition (TLE, for short), is caused by unusual electrical activity in the brain’s temporal lobes A significant proportion of people with TLE report that their seizures often bring on extraordinary experiences of transcendent wonder, luminous insight — or, at times, harrowing, uncanny fear.

Take, for example, the numerous reported cases of "alien abduction." TLE researcher Eve LaPlante has noted that many abductees feel mild, epileptic-like symptoms just before they are "captured." Some abductees feel heat on one side of their faces, hear a ringing in their ears, and see flashes of light prior to an abduction. Others report a cessation of sound and feeling, or an overwhelming feeling of apprehension. All of this is typical of certain kinds of epileptic seizures. In fact, LaPlante suggests that the most famous abductee of our time, best-selling author Whitley Strieber, suffers from TLE.

www.science-spirit.org...

kundalini??

temporal lobes??????

well thats my thoughts on how they come together.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 22-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join