It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will bring all the religions together?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am curious if anyone has any info on a leader who will converge all the religions on earth.

I know about the anti-Christ story,but that's not where I'm going here.
There has got to be stories that predate.

Any info?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I know what you are asking, but I dont know of anyone.

What if it's alot of people that will bring it altogether, not just one person?

Perhaps someone else may be able to better answer your question.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Only "story" I know of or ever even heard of a "one world religion" is the Anti-Christ & False Prophet out of the bible. (Outside of a couple sci-fi shows that is).

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

I agree it would need to most people to merge.
I have found that many stories in the bible have been adopted from ancient text.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
To my knowledge, the Antichrist and false prophet are the only ones ever predicted to do what you mention.

The closest thing, but still not exact, could possibly be the Maitreya of Buddhism who is said to unite humanity and teach the 'true Dharma.' But even then, I don't believe this prediction predates the first prophecies of the Anti Christ in the Old Testament nor does the Maitreya specifically merge religions.

Also, remember not even the AC or false prophet prophecies specifically refer to 'a merging of all religions.' The prophecies only mention some sort of false religion being formed and followed. Although some speculate it will be an ecumenical movement and although it is a possibility it will turn out that way, this is not necessarily what the prophecies state.

So technically not even the AC is said to do such a thing per se, nevertheless are there prophecies, to my knowledge, that predate those.

I'd look into Zoroastrian eschatology if you need some sort of starting point but even then, I doubt you will find anything similar to the role the AC and FP are supposed to play.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There are 2 different ways. There is the way of the anti-christ, and then there is the way of Jesus/truth.

The anti-christ does it by focusing on symbolism. Forcing symbolism and beliefs onto people. Conformity and only 1 way of looking at things.

However, if you look at each religion in it's understanding and basic principles, then you can see where all the religions are basically alike. They have different idols, they have different stories. But on a basic philosophical level they teach the same basic principles. If someone brings them together on this level, then I would consider that to be good. There wouldn't be a 1 world religion, there is no need for only 1 story or 1 idol, or 1 symbolism to be true. It would be a world of understanding each other.

When people fight over religion most of the times it's done because they have different idols and symbolism. Instead of focusing on the teachings and philosophies their religion provides, they instead focus on the symbolism. When they focus on the symbolism and idols, then they only see differences in each other, and so they fight. But if they instead focused on the teachings and such, then they would see similarities between the 2.

So IMO, together in image,idol and story as a 1 world religion = bad. Together in universal understanding = good.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If the leader is needed, than people will still be the sheeple.
I think something else is needed.
A spiritual mutation perhaps.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I find it hard to believe Christians have a lock on this idea.
What if the Christians produce a leader that brings all religions together?How could he be the AC?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by AshleyD

What if the Christians produce a leader that brings all religions together?How could he be the AC?

No one's going to get fooled by an antichrist that comes out and says I'mthe antichrist. He's gonna come under the guise of peace and all that. I could definately see this coming out of christianity, or the warped, "forgiveness and non-judgement not included" christianity anyways.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by AshleyD

No one's going to get fooled by an antichrist that comes out and says I'mthe antichrist. He's gonna come under the guise of peace and all that. I could definately see this coming out of christianity, or the warped, "forgiveness and non-judgement not included" christianity anyways.

So I'm to understand everyone will be fooled? except the Christians?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The Bible says there will be an anti Christ yes. All people will be fooled, including most christians as well.

For more information look into the visions of fatima and the messages they received. This says an anti Christ will fool us all into believing he is the second coming. We will foolishly accept a mark of the beast etc.

If you want to take the conspiracy one step further, look into project bluebeam. Thats a very far fetched yet strangely possible way that someone political could take the place of the anti Christ.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That would be the Pahana of the Hopi's, perhaps....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a dirty trick to ensure nobody ever gets enlightened.
This whole idea of Antichrist.
The message is that Christians simply don't have a clue, a criteria to recognize the Christ, so they always fall for Antichrist. Even if Christ came back, they would pronounce him the Antichrist.

Very cheap.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Firstly that is ridiculous, and secondly u quote wikipedia seriously??
Fail!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
WE ARE ALL ONE! The story of christ is an illusion to lead you away from the truth. This antichrist you speak of will also be the so called messiah and Jesus will never return. Instead those who still believe in Jesus will be marked and lead to the slaughter.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
why would the government use a messiah that was predicted in the Bible then? thats contradicting themselves wanting people to not believe in Jesus.
The Bible prophecises of an anti christ, one world order and leader... so why would the NWO back the Bible by fulfilling its prophecy. Can't see it myself.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Boniouk06

Because the Illuminatti wrote it. It is their plan, not a prophecy at all. They are only doing what is necessary to fulfill it and make it seem as though it was all foretold. Take a look at my thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although there has been talk about this guy Matreiya. I will not say this is the guy or not but he seems to fit the criteria of one who would appeal to all religions.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The Bible was written in the middle east... dont you think if it was written by people as powerful as the illuminati, they would have had that area at least habitable come the end days!! instead of having to travel 6000 miles to the other side of the world to sort it out. ridiculous theory.
Not to mention the project bluebeam theory, and the fact that back then they couldnt have predicted the technology available today and that a global domination would have been possible. Although i do like your thinking outside the box, i could see it being something similar to that, just ur theory doesnt add up.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
In Revelation there is a warning that there will be such Antichrist(s).
The point is, one has to look into himself and his personal experience to recognize those.
Why would we look for signs outside of us anyway? This is what such prophecies teach us to do, instead of allowing us to fully develop ourselves.
That is the game. And we are all at stake unless we rely on our own providence.
Don't look for shepherds. Don't be lukewarm.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boniouk06
The Bible was written in the middle east... dont you think if it was written by people as powerful as the illuminati, they would have had that area at least habitable come the end days!! instead of having to travel 6000 miles to the other side of the world to sort it out. ridiculous theory.
Not to mention the project bluebeam theory, and the fact that back then they couldnt have predicted the technology available today and that a global domination would have been possible. Although i do like your thinking outside the box, i could see it being something similar to that, just ur theory doesnt add up.

What is this illuminati? or the bluebeam?
Can this answer my question about the topic?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join