It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 girls in Gaza

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You must be joking right?!

"Here's some scraps of food, now DIE!" Who do you think you are kidding Mr. Hitler...

Israeli Terrorism:

www.palestine-pmc.com...

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The fact is it was the Zionist movement that started the very first bombings of civilians in an attempt to force Palestinians out of houses. The Arabs had lived with local Jews for hundreds of years with no real problems. But the New Jews wanted segregated neighborhoods , the Arabs could work for them but they did not want to live next to them. Houses were taken at gunpoint .

An average story.....

I saw a BBC doco on this where a reporter pretended to just be interviewing locals about their life , and an older Jewish couple happily said they had built their house with the little money they had saved coming from Europe. When the reporter showed them photos of the previous owners inside and outside the house , and told them he knew it was a stolen house , taken at gunpoint in the middle of the night , they abused him. They were simple thieves with no remorse.

It took 3 years for Yasser Arafat to form the PLO and retaliate against this sort of thing , when it became apparent no one was going to help them.

During those 3 yrs it was completely 1 sided with no attacks from the Arab side. That should clearly define the fact the Zionist mandate has nothing to do with the Palestinian retaliation now. They killed for 3 years as good old fashioned land greedy thieves. They will continue to find ways to kill and steal land using a myriad if techniques. Some wont be violent , some will. The people of Israel fully understand their recent history and some are ashamed and leave , others stay and protest. The ones who choose to stay and live on the land can act as arrogant as they want , but they know a price will be paid eventually for what was stolen. That’s just good old fashioned Karma.

An important point: This has happened to people who actually remember it, and it continues to happen to a new generation who will remember till they die. It cant be compared to the ancestors of tribes who had land stolen a few centuries ago.

To those who say you would not kill for anything . If the above story was about your Grand Parents and you didn’t do something , you would die feeling a failure. I personally would die trying rather than live under oppression with no hope of a future for my children.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by thedeadtruth]

[edit on 25-12-2008 by thedeadtruth]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

No need to revert to name calling. Keep it civil.

You are not going to change my opinion and I won't change yours. Amazing how you have to go back into history to debate the current situation. Can you just tell me how many Palestinians Israel has killed since this blockade has started? And once you get that number tell me if that number adds up to genocide in your eyes. I also find it amazing that you bring up genocide yet the West Bank is alive and well. The only problem Israel is having is with Gaza which is ran by Hamas who has every intention of trying to annihilate Israel.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
For the people interested in aid given to Palestinians. Here is the US part.

The United States remains the largest single state donor to the Palestinian Authority. We have provided $562 million in total assistance in 2008, surpassing our pledged level of $555 million. This includes $264 million in project assistance through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the State Department's Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL); $150 million in direct budget support - the largest single tranche for funds provided to the Palestinian Authority by a single donor country; and $148 million in contributions to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).

www.state.gov...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by mmiichael

Israel makes shipments of food regularly.

Check this at any credible news source

You mean like the UN News Service?

UN envoy urges ‘decisive’ push for Israeli-Palestinian peace in 2009

From 18th December 2008

Israel has cited rocket and other attacks by militants in Gaza against Israeli civilians as the reason for closing border crossings into Gaza for almost two months now.

and

Mr. Serry noted that, because of the closures, half of Gaza City’s population receives water only once a week for a few hours. In addition, UN projects in Gaza, worth over $150 million, remain suspended due to a lack of materials.

and

“All crossings for goods into the Strip are closed and no humanitarian supplies, fuel and other needed commodities are being allowed to enter,” the Agency said in a news release.

What astounds me is that anyone can access this information, on the net, freely, using Google and putting in search references as "Israel closes borders to Palestine" (which is what I used to find that article) and yet, for some reason, some people continue to refuse to accept that this stuff is happening.

What astounds me even more is that people somehow think that the actions of a few should mean starvation/suffering for the many.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Jinni

No need to revert to name calling. Keep it civil.

You are not going to change my opinion and I won't change yours. Amazing how you have to go back into history to debate the current situation. Can you just tell me how many Palestinians Israel has killed since this blockade has started? And once you get that number tell me if that number adds up to genocide in your eyes. I also find it amazing that you bring up genocide yet the West Bank is alive and well. The only problem Israel is having is with Gaza which is ran by Hamas who has every intention of trying to annihilate Israel.

You mean be 'civil' like the Israelis? I haven't heard a joke that good in a long time!

You can't take facts because of your deep rooted hatred and brainwashing. The number of death since Israel stole Palestinian land is horrific. If you can't bear to see the evidence then you have problems...

Israel stole their land and are systematically murdering them. I've met Palestinians AND Israelis and their accounts do indicate the stuff i am posting. Israeli views here prove that.

Israelio soldiers killing Innocent women and children:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I have never agreed that a group should be punished for the action of a few. However, I have noticed that most governments work in this manner. The Cuban, North Korean, and Iranian people are suffering because of the economic sanctions the US or the world places on them. Yet, the people they are trying to punish continue to prosper.

We also find this attitude relevant in our society. I know for a fact that my daughter's whole class is punished for the sins of a few. Football teams are punished for the mistakes of a few. This system of punishing everybody because of some bad apples is not surprising.

I agree with what your saying, but one has to wonder what would be a better alternative.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Israel will also shut off the pumps that bring water from the underground reservoir to the camps . Imagine if this was done to any other population . Do you think it would make the news ?

The reason why U.S. citizens don't want to know this is because it is their tax money that goes towards arming Israel. And to know that means partial reasonability , because without any protests showing otherwise they have to admit that they too think the Arabs are sub-human .

Lack of actions speak louder than words.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by mmiichael

Israel makes shipments of food regularly.

Check this at any credible news source

You mean like the UN News Service?

UN envoy urges ‘decisive’ push for Israeli-Palestinian peace in 2009

From 18th December 2008

Israel has cited rocket and other attacks by militants in Gaza against Israeli civilians as the reason for closing border crossings into Gaza for almost two months now.

and

Mr. Serry noted that, because of the closures, half of Gaza City’s population receives water only once a week for a few hours. In addition, UN projects in Gaza, worth over $150 million, remain suspended due to a lack of materials.

and

“All crossings for goods into the Strip are closed and no humanitarian supplies, fuel and other needed commodities are being allowed to enter,” the Agency said in a news release.

What astounds me is that anyone can access this information, on the net, freely, using Google and putting in search references as "Israel closes borders to Palestine" (which is what I used to find that article) and yet, for some reason, some people continue to refuse to accept that this stuff is happening.

What astounds me even more is that people somehow think that the actions of a few should mean starvation/suffering for the many.

Good point, here's your answer:

Video Israel Doesn't Want You to See about information suppression and mass media brainwashing.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

I can take anything you want to debate about this thread. What I won't tolerate is you calling me names.
You still can't answer my question. Now your using systematically murdering them. How many Palestinians have Israel killed since the blockade of Gaza started? And when you get that number tell me if it fits your definition of genocide and systematic murder. As far as Hatred, there is none. You just got your mind made up that your way is the only way. At least i am willing to admit that Israel is wrong about many things they do. It is a shame that you can't see the same in Hamas.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Why are you sooooo fascinated with the blockade?

From UN data, the post-1967 avoidable mortality (excess mortality) in the Occupied Palestinian Territories totals 300,000 and the post-1967 under-5 infant mortality 183,000 (of which 90% has been avoidable) - as compared to 2,178 post-1967 Israeli terrorism deaths (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs figures).

The blockade is undoubtedly causing tremendous suffering and deaths...

No money, no health, no education, no life, no family, no food, Israeli bombs everywhere.

Israel is killing by starvation - it's an environmentally friendly approach that won't attract so much attention!

Israeli terrorist genocidal policy is just like Hitler's policy of extermination and those that support and promote such policies are Hitler terrorist wannabes and supporters.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Six-Day War
Gaza Strip and Sinai Peninsula West Bank,Golan Heights

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

On 5 November, Israel closed the crossings into the Gaza Strip and blocked the entry of goods and supplies, including basic foodstuffs. Since 18 November, Israel has allowed the entry of goods, though much less than in October. According to government officials, the crossings were closed in response to the firing of more than 100 rockets and mortar shells from the Gaza Strip into Israel. Prior to the closing of the crossings, on 4 and 5 November, Israeli forces killed six Palestinians who were taking part in the hostilities.

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs reported that, from 5-18 November, the Gaza power station received 24 percent of the industrial fuel needed to operate the station at full capacity. As a result, power supply to Gaza City and the central Gaza Strip was interrupted for 16 hours a day, leaving some 650,000 residents without electricity at any given time. The power breaks also affected water supply: 20 percent of all Gazans received running water once every five days, and then only for six hours; 40 percent received water once every four days; and the remaining residents received water once every three days.

Continuation of the fuel shortage is also liable to bring the sewage pumps to a halt, resulting in an uncontrolled flow of unpurified sewage into residential neighborhoods. In recent weeks, the hospitals have relied on generators to maintain normal operations. However, continued reduction of fuel supply or breakdowns in the generators are liable to affect the ability of hospitals to function properly.

Medicines and essential medical equipment intended for Gaza remain stuck at Ben Gurion Airport because the crossings are closed. Also, bread is being rationed, due to the lack of cooking gas and the reduction in supply of wheat. As a result, 28 of the 47 bakeries in Gaza City and all bakeries in Rafah have been forced to stop work.

According to media reports, goods are being brought into Gaza from Egypt via tunnels in Rafah, but in insufficient amounts to match the normal extent of trade, which is controlled almost exclusively by Israel.

The rocket fire at Israeli communities is a grave breach of the laws of war and constitutes a war crime. Israel is allowed, and is even obligated, to defend its citizens from these attacks. In doing so, however, it must use only legal means. Not allowing the entry of goods into Gaza in response to the rocket fire constitutes unlawful collective punishment imposed on one and a half million civilians.

Since the disengagement in 2005, Israel has increased the restrictions placed on residents of the Gaza Strip, preventing entry of goods that are not considered “humanitarian,” including raw materials for construction and manufacturing needs, and preventing almost completely exports from the Strip. As a result of this policy, most Gazan households live in deep poverty, and approximately half of them depend on humanitarian aid to survive.

Israel’s control of the crossings and of so many aspects of life in the Gaza Strip requires it, inter alia, to enable the passage of medicines, foodstuffs, and necessary goods. Israel must immediately and completely reopen the crossings for the entry of supplies and goods into the Gaza Strip and refrain from collective punishment of the residents there.

Source

Since June 2007, no raw materials have entered Gaza, forcing 90 percent of the enterprises to cease operations. The construction sector, too, is totally paralyzed. 3,500 businesses have closed down and over 75,000 workers, who support half a million dependants, have lost their jobs.

As a result of the siege, the stocks of imported food products in Gaza are dwindling, driving their prices sky-high, while fruit and vegetables that were intended for export are being sold in Gazan markets at a loss. Many families cannot afford to buy them, however, due to the high poverty rate in Gaza. 80 percent of Gazan households now live below the poverty line, subsisting on less than 2,300 shekels a month for a family of six. Households in deep poverty, living on less than 1,837 shekels a month, currently comprise 66.7 percent of the population. 80 percent of all Gazan families would literally starve without food aid from international agencies.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Suffering because Hamas wants it that way so people like you and other sympathetic nations will cry out how bad Israel is.

Abu Al-Naja is from the Fatah old school, a grizzled veteran of the group's wars in Lebanon.

He told me earlier this year Hamas security officials showed up at his home late at night, bound his hands, put a blindfold on him and dragged him to their headquarters, where they shaved his head and cut off his moustache, then released him without apology or explanation.

He makes no excuses for Fatah's dismal track record of corruption and mismanagement when it ran Gaza, but says the crisis that began with Hamas' rise to power is nothing short of a catastrophe.

"Our people has been transformed," he said, "into a desperate people, who must search for food, for the minimum of survival. It's as if we returned to 1948, dependent on gifts and assistance and relief."

www.cnn.com...

Khatib notes that since seizing full control of Gaza by force in June 2007, Hamas has cracked down on opponents, promoted its supporters and kept Gaza's fragile economy from completely collapsing by allowing hundreds of smuggling tunnels to flourish along the Gaza-Egypt border. Hamas and other factions also have regularly fired rockets into Israel while the West Bank Palestinian leaders engage in ongoing — if ineffectual — peace talks with Israel.

www.npr.org...

While the PLO wants to continue peace talks, Hamas is working to destroy Israel. Once again your systematic murder scheme doesn't add up. Israel is working with the West Bank Palestinians, not trying to systematically murder them. Yet there is no way they can work with Hamas in the Gaza Strip because Hamas doesn't believe in peace talks.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
From UN data, the post-1967 avoidable mortality (excess mortality) in the Occupied Palestinian Territories totals 300,000 and the post-1967 under-5 infant mortality 183,000 (of which 90% has been avoidable) - as compared to 2,178 post-1967 Israeli terrorism deaths (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs figures).

Israeli terrorist genocidal policy is just like Hitler's policy of extermination and those that support and promote such policies are Hitler terrorist wannabes and supporters. Like yourself.

What kind of 'PEACE' are you suggesting or can be achieved? Palestinians to just "Shut Up and Put up" and stop DEFENDING themselves?

Better yet, your PEACE would be achieved if they just all DIE. Which is why your beloved Israeli policy is working towards that.

This is from your beloved BBC:

Israel kills 50 Women and Children:

Pure Terrorism.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Jinni

At least i am willing to admit that Israel is wrong about many things they do. It is a shame that you can't see the same in Hamas.

Oh are you? I haven't seen you admitting Israel is wrong, frankly speaking.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

When an F-16 drops a 500lb bomb in the middle of a housing complex to silence a mortar round who is that targetting exactly?

Did you even read what you post? You just asked who they were targeting, when you just said the housing complex was being used by terrorists too mortar Israel! In your own words you just said that Israel was counterattacking a mortar base! So yes, the Jews were targeting the terrorist firing mortars at them! DUH!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

When an F-16 drops a 500lb bomb in the middle of a housing complex to silence a mortar round who is that targetting exactly?

Did you even read what you post? You just asked who they were targeting, when you just said the housing complex was being used by terrorists too mortar Israel! In your own words you just said that Israel was counterattacking a mortar base! So yes, the Jews were targeting the terrorist firing mortars at them! DUH!

Duh!

Put it into perspective. Israel STOLE their land and are now trying to kill them ALL off.

Do Palestinians have the RIGHT to DEFEND themselves?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I have never agreed that a group should be punished for the action of a few.

My quote to neformore on this same page.

Point blank, both of them have bloodied their hands against each other for quite a while. Both of them, Hamas and Israel, are liable for the current crisis.

My quote from page 9

Frankly speaking is always the best way.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Israel STOLE their land and are now trying to kill them ALL off.

Isn't that what America did to the Native Indians.

Oh, I forgot. We won the land because we fought against the Indians. And they died because they were fighting against us.

Didn't Israel win their land the same way?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join