It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 girls in Gaza

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I didn't know? You're a mind reader huh? Also, the Palestinians blow up a few dozen children, Israel strikes and kills an OBL guy. Yet they're the bad guys, right.

Err..NO.

From UN data, the post-1967 avoidable mortality (excess mortality) in the Occupied Palestinian Territories totals 300,000 and the post-1967 under-5 infant mortality 183,000 (of which 90% has been avoidable) - as compared to 2,178 post-1967 Israeli terrorism deaths (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs figures).

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I think they are both bad in different ways. The only difference with you and me , is you sanction turture , murder and rape.

I could never back anyone who does that. For any reason.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

But you back the Palestinians who do that. And they only target civillians, while Israel targets terrorists. Makes sense...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, DC - January 23 - The family of Abir Aramin, a ten-year-old Palestinian girl who was shot by Israeli border police a year ago, will hold a vigil and protest outside the Israeli Embassy in Washington DC on Thursday, January 24 at 12:00pm. Abir's father, Bassam Aramin, a co-founder of Combatants for Peace, will be joined by his wife Salwa and 13-year-old daughter, Areen, as well as Yonatan Shapira, a former IDF pilot and co-founder of Combatants for Peace, and Donna Baranski-Walker, Executive Director of Rebuilding Alliance, a US-based NGO who is currently sponsoring a Combatants for Peace US Speaking Tour.

On January 16th 2007, Abir was shot in the head by Israeli border police as she left school in Anata, near East Jerusalem. The soldiers said they were fighting with children who they claimed were throwing rocks.They said that Abir had been attacking them, but witnesses and an independent autopsy demonstrate clearly that she was shot with a rubber bullet in the back of the head while running away. According to the Israeli Human Rights group, B'Tselem, 864 Palestinian minors have been killed since 2000, and not one case has been brought to justice.

The Aramin family is currently touring the US, as part of a multi-city speaking tour aimed at educating Americans about the Israeli occupation and advocating for a just resolution to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinian people. They are urging Congress to investigate their daughter's death by invoking the Leahy Law, which would require the Israeli government to take the effective measures to bring the responsible members of their security forces unit to justice.

Combatants for Peace is a group of former Israeli soldiers and former Palestinian fighters who have joined in solidarity to end the violence which has engulfed Israel/Palestine for generations. They have dedicated their lives to ending the occupation and seeking peace through non-violent means. They have also rallied in pursuit of justice following the killing of Abir Aramin, the ten-year-old daughter of Bassam.

Mr. Aramin is a former Fatah fighter, who served seven years in jail from the age of seventeen for planning an attack against Israeli soldiers. Mr. Shapira served as a Captain in the Israeli Air Force and later authored the 2003 " Pilot's Letter" refusing to serve in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

Despite the death of his child and the additional pain caused by the allegations of the soldiers involved, Mr. Aramin continues his quest for peace supported by his Israeli and Palestinian comrades. "I'm not going to lose my common sense, my direction, only because I've lost my heart, my child. I will do all I can to protect her friends, both Palestinian and Israeli. They are all our children."

The group comes to Washington, D.C. after previous speaking events in Baltimore, Vermont and New York City and will continue on to California. Speakers will also be raising funds for Abir's Garden, a project designed to memorialize Abir and to provide a safe place for her classmates and community to gather, play and heal.

The tour is sponsored by The Rebuilding Alliance, a non-profit organization that rebuilds homes and communities in regions of war and occupation, as well as advocating for government policies in these regions based on human rights and international law.

www.commondreams.org...

And my ignore list has been enriched with another member

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

And? Maybe they shouldn't have thrown rocks. Maybe they shouldn't strap bombs too their backs and blow themselves up. Maybe they shouldn't have a history of "acting innocent" so they can get close enough too kill some one. It's like a gang member being killed by the police. Oh sure maybe that time the gang member was only weilding a knife but the other times the gang was shooting up houses, raping women, they deserve it. Police call it "misdemeanor murder" As in, not that big a deal because of who/what the victim was.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I do not back the violence by either party. I think it is out of hand and they are both so blinded by hate they are no longer capable of peace.

What I was pointing out to you , is if the U.S. had not backed Israels every move without question from day one. And instead been fair and judged both sides with the same rules. We would not be having this conversation.

And people would not be dying.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Because the Jews would have been slaughtered and there would be no Jews left. Yeah, that's a great option for the Jews! Just let them feel the pain of genocide, again, instead of defending themselves.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
We have gang thugs in my City , and I am a mortician and worked for the Coroner , so I get to clean up the mess. So dont pretend to even know what violence and death means or looks like. I have picked up 3 kids already this week beaten to death by their own parents. The people that choose to be animals should be put down like one.

This is not the same thing.

You really think those 2000 civilians in that Israeli run concentration camp deserved to be raped and murdered in 1982 ? Same amount of people as 9/11.

For you to agree with it , or brush it aside because its inconveniant to your point of view makes you no better than the terrorist you seem to hate so much.

You are as blind as any muslim extremist. And seeing as I dont believe as an extremist you can have a logical conversation. I will leave you to it.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Gamer........

The Arabs and the Jews had been living side by side for thousands of years. No war , no bombs , no hate . What changed ?

You have to understand , not all Jews wanted segregation. Only the crazy few with guns. That is how all wars start. A few idiots with a few guns.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

What changed? The "palestinians" suddenly reformed and called for the lands. When England and Egypt controlled it, no Palestinians called for the land back. But a couple Jews go there and... suddenly its ok too murder women and children because they are Jewish.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

What changed? The "palestinians" suddenly reformed and called for the lands. When England and Egypt controlled it, no Palestinians called for the land back. But a couple Jews go there and... suddenly its ok too murder women and children because they are Jewish.

On the topic of murder:

From UN data, the post-1967 avoidable mortality (excess mortality) in the Occupied Palestinian Territories totals 300,000 and the post-1967 under-5 infant mortality 183,000 (of which 90% has been avoidable) - as compared to 2,178 post-1967 Israeli terrorism deaths (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs figures).

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Alrighty then, folks.

This is a contentious topic...I've got contentious with it many times. But the topic of the thread is: Dozens of militant rockets barrage southern Israel. Not the intelligence of the OP, or other members. Or whether or not they've been brainwashed by Fox News/CNN/other evil entities flavor of the day...

The back and forth bickering over off topic issues stops now.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

On the topic of Genocide...

Arabs call for the extermination of the Jews. Arabs attack Israel, lose, and Israel, according to you, is the bad guy. Arabs for decades now target women and children, but they are the good guys. Terrorist leaders that have killed more then OBL ever will are heroes to you. I guess the Jews should have left Germany because Hitler didn't want them there too huh?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Where is the evidence that they are really firing these rockets? Governments have faked things in the past just to meet their own ends.

Even if they are firing rockets are they entitled to defend themselves because of the following facts:

When faced with genocide, terrorism and oppression what is left for the Palestinians?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I swear to God, it's like none of you pro palies know how the hell that area got started...go get a damned history book and read up. It's mostly France and England's fault. However, after the Jewish immigration into the "Mandate of Palestine" through LARGELY legal means, it was the Arabs who shot first.

Learn your frakin history before going off on a damn tangent about how oppressed the Arabs in Israel are

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
Where is the evidence that they are really firing these rockets? Governments have faked things in the past just to meet their own ends.

Oh you mean like Creewolf said? "Try searching Youtube for "Pallywood". See all the results? Hell, if they got an actual name attached to Palestinians staging attacks on themselves so they could come out looking like the victims, it must be a pretty common practice huh? " Yeah, it could be Palestinians attacking themselves, again, which happens so much they have a name for it!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Just read on J.Post that Olmert has begged the people of Gaza to make Hamas stop the missile attacks. Olmert is really under pressure to do something by his own side.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

And the Palestinians will... do nothing because they support Hamas. Short of total annihilation of the Jews will stop the Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Yeah I always say to these so called experts on the oppression of Palestinians "Have you ever been there?" Or before you take in too much indoctrination from the media/internet "jump on a plane and check out the reality on the ground."

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join