It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 girls in Gaza

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This thread has gone pathetic with the OP trolling around and literally no single clue what she's talking about.

Anyhow, in the coming decades there will be a change of power structure, which consequently will have a huge effect on Israel's position. Although I think that giving the Holy Land to the Jews is one of the biggest mistakes in history, it happened and now they should be allowed to live their lives there. However, once the US economy collapses the following quote from an Israeli professor of the New York University will become very much relevant:

Remember the Roman Empire, the state of Judea behaved in ways which annoyed the Romans but didn't do them any harm. At the point that they were becoming a nuisance, the Romans turned against them, destroyed their temple, wiped them out and told them 'an empire has bigger concerns than you'. This is what Israel faces in the next 25 years.

The risk that the American empire will say wait a minute, you don't matter so much to us, either because we need oil more than we need you or because oil is no longer important - doesn't matter both has the same effect. You are more trouble than you are worth and the issue of the Holocaust and anti-Semitism is declining with demographic move to the next generation. This is a catastrophe for Israel, because Israel has no other friends in the world.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

No clue? So... Watching the news as we posted, watching the Palestinians bomb civillians and saying that they do, as I watch them do it on the news... And I'm the one who doesn't know what they are talking about? You keep supporting a Taliban like regime, I'll support the good guys.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Boy, I wonder what England thought about George Washington when he was shooting bullets and cannon balls at them? Because, ya'know, a 4% tax on tea is far worse than having your land forcibly stolen and whatnot.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
"and the other Palestinian supporters would probably still support their genocide of the Jews."

Well I for one disagree that any poster who would state the above even understands what they are saying. They would all be talk. No one in their right mind wants the death of another human being due to his/her race or religion.

Thats the very point been tried to make here , how can the Jews forget so quickly what it was like ? The only difference is my country went to fight for their freedom. And I myself would fight to protect Israel tomorrow if as an innocent party their freedom was threatened.

I do not believe they would do the same for me. Because only their own freedom matters. That is why they can treat the Palestinians the way they do , and still sleep at night.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I doubt they forget what it is like too have a group of people call for your genocide. Iran's called for them too be "pushed in to the sea". The Palestinians want nothing more then every Jew too be killed. They know what it is like, and this time are fighting back. When that little war happened and they won that was a testament too what and who they are now. They won't put on little star badges again no they will fight back.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
You get to watch the news they let you watch GG , live in a truly free country were you can watch BBC , NBC and Al Jazzera with zero restrictions.

All three will tell the same story from slightly different angles , but the U.S. news will be missing half the information needed to make any rational judgement.

A question GamerGirl........

Would you trust a country whos leader was indicted for war crimes by the Hague like Palestine ?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by Mdv2

No clue? So... Watching the news as we posted, watching the Palestinians bomb civillians and saying that they do, as I watch them do it on the news... And I'm the one who doesn't know what they are talking about? You keep supporting a Taliban like regime, I'll support the good guys.

You have no clue girl. I cannot blame you because you because you've been indoctrinated by the American media, which is greatly influenced by the Israeli lobby (AIPAC). They ensure that negative news concerning Israel is filtered out. It only requires repeating the same stereotypical image of Arab men bombing little kids over and over again to make people who don't travel abroad to really think that is what happens in the Middle East. However, I can blame you for being ignorant by not willing to educate yourself, I have shown you various sources and documentaries of high quality and with a high degree of objectivity but you are even unwilling to admit that the Israeli government is as bad as Hamas is.

I support the good guys too, and the good guys are not the Israeli government, nor Hamas, nor the Taliban. You see girl, you have no idea what you are talking about. Taliban is nothing alike Hamas, nor do I support that. It's okay that you are accusing me of doing so, but please tell me where I said I do.

Many times before I asked you the same question and will continue until you answer it: what does starving the Gaza people make Israel any better than Hamas bombing Israeli civilians?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The middle east just can't stand the fact that a little 40 mile strip of land is more powerful than all the emmerats and others combined.

It's like a festering wound that won't go away.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
No, I'd just like to say having watched and read on this for twenty years or so.

I know both Muslims and Jews.

Israel will say and do anything to survive. They view the rest of the world as not caring whether they survive or not, and regard the British and U.S, government's non-response to the Wansee plans of 1942 as the first in a long chain of abandonment of Jews in the face of genocidal political and racist movements.

The survival meme feeds into every activity of Jewish life in Israel and the U.S.

Palastinian and Iranian-backed hamas attacks on the other hand are meaningless. They are conducted for internal political pointscoring and prestige within Gaza and even - through hamas - within Iran.

I would even go so far as to say that the rocket launcher's deaths in the OP may well have been orchestrated by providing tampered ordnance to or by someone within hamas to get rid of them, and give them a convenient martyrs death at the same time.

Then I swing back. To be a fourth generation palastinian kid living in a southern lebanese refugee camp. Who cares about the political back and forth? The more people are concentrated and held down, the stronger will to survive they have. The Israelis as a nation have been through the fire and come out the other side made of steel, do they not think that this same process applies to other people?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Many times before I asked you the same question and will continue until you answer it: what does starving the Gaza people make Israel any better than Hamas bombing Israeli civilians?

Um, who said Israel was starving them? The reason they eat grass is because they choose too buy weapons instead of food. Instead of buying milk and eggs and bread they buy another missile or mortar. Not the Jews fault that a Palestinian woman has a choice too buy a bomb to strap to her stomach too make herself look pregnant so she can get in to a hospital and blow it up OR food and she buys the bomb.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It is obvious GamerGal you do not understand the mindset of a bully . They are always cowards unless backed up by powerful friends .

In the "little war" you speak of Israel was supplied vastly superior weapons and technology by the U.S. 20 billion worth in fact , for free.
Its like giving the weak kid in class a bit of power and see them turn into monsters. But just like a bully they are selfish and they will not use that power to help others , only themselves.

Why don't you ask yourself why Israel refuse to help other countries in times of crisis ? They have over 200 N-Bombs and Chemical weapons and everyone must serve in one of the most well equipped Armies in the world. So no shortage of man power or money. So you have to ask yourself , what stops someone from helping their fellow man.

The thing is , even though I know neither Israel or the Palestinians probably don’t care if I am free or not , I care that they are. Because it reflects who I am and what I believe. Maybe you should think the same.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Uh, Hamas controls the area, they are using bombs, and are terrorists. How is that not the point? And it's what they do. Give them the choice between a grenade and a loaf of bread they buy the grenade then complain about being hungry.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
GamerGal........

You still have not answered my question..........

Would you trust a country whos leader was indicted for war crimes by the Hague like Palestine ?

Would you sit down and expect a serious talk on peace.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

No. But as mentioned the West Bank is doing fine. Only Hamas controlled Gaza is it going too hell. In the West Bank they use their money on... Food! In Gaza, weapons. And yet people are whining about starving terrorists. Gah, let the people who celebrated Osama's attack on America starve. If they refuse too buy food with the half a billion dollars we gave them in 2008 then its not my fault, or my concern.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It was a trick question.

It was Israels leader that was indicted for war crimes by The Hague. The same court that tried various Nazis.

Why did you not know that ?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Why I refused to answer you because it wasn't a "trick" question it was an outright lie. All you got out of me was one word, two letters, and then on about how the Palestinians are targeting women and children while they starve. So not a "gotcha" moment but a brush off as you purposly lie, and I knew it.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
"Then Israeli Defense Minister Ariel Sharon encircled the camps, sealed them, and sent in his closest allies amongst the Lebanese militias to "cleanse" the area of the "2,000 terrorists" which he insisted had remained there. As a result, hundreds of Palestinian and Lebanese civilians were subject to three days of relentless torture, rape and killing, while hundreds more were arrested and trucked away, never to be seen again: an estimated 2000 civilians were killed or disappeared."

Sound familar ?

He became the Prime Minister of Israel and continued his work with offical backing from the U.S.

And these are the "good guys" in your book ? God help us all if you truly believe thats ok.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
No , you didnt know it because you were simply not told.

But now you know what you are really supporting. Rape , tuture , murder . Of woman , children , civilians.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I didn't know? You're a mind reader huh? Also, the Palestinians blow up a few dozen children, Israel strikes and kills an OBL guy. Yet they're the bad guys, right.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join