It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 girls in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 girls in Gaza

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM – Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip bombarded southern Israel with dozens of mortars and rockets on Wednesday, sowing panic and despair there and burdening diplomatic efforts to revive a truce that expired over the weekend.

No Israelis were injured in the barrages. The attacks took a steeper toll in Gaza as explosives apparently misfired, wounding three civilians and killing two militants. One of the injured civilians works for a conflict resolution center.
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD Note: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by semperfortis]

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And so another attack on Israel. They are attacking innocent civillians, again. They are targeting women and children, again. And after Israel defends itself all we will hear is "Those evil Jews attacked the poor Palestinians!" But we will have too wait for it. Until then the Palestinians will kill more women and children while the world waits too attack Israel for defending itself.

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 12/26/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Looks like they chose not to buy groceries. I reckon they got a better deal on the weapons.

Israel could get bombarded 24/7 365 days a year and they will still be seen as the evil ones. Makes no sense.

Good Post Gamer

link   
i hope Israel strikes hamas hard for this.. the scumbags just want to kill or be killed ...

+13 more 
link   
Well gee gamergal... wonder which chalise you are sipping kool aid from?

There are two sides to every story and the Palestinians side of the story is rather compelling. I suggest you look into it sometime. There's a little something about their land being stolen and handed over to the jews. There's another little tidbit about living in oppression for over 50 years. I've even heard stories about the Jews settling what little Palestinian land is left and relocating them into camps.

Here is a taste of what Israel has been dishing out

Personally, if someone rolled into my neighborhood, siad they now owned it, oppressed me and moved me out of my home - you had better believe that I would want to bomb the $h!t out of them!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

So you are saying you would, like the Palestinians, hunt down babies, toddlers, children, and kill them? You would go too schools and nurseries and blow them up? You would find pregnant women and shoot them? Nice too know.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

There's a little something about their land being stolen and handed over to the jews. There's another little tidbit about living in oppression for over 50 years. I've even heard stories about the Jews settling what little Palestinian land is left and relocating them into camps.

Sounds like what America and incoming immigrants did to the Native Indians. But I don't see the Native Indians launching rockets because of it. I guess if they were to start, you would agree that it is ok because land was stolen from them, they have been oppressed, and was forced out of their home.

Launching rockets and killing Israelis is not going to get their land back. If anything they are going to get a can of asswhup.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Personally, if someone rolled into my neighborhood, siad they now owned it, oppressed me and moved me out of my home - you had better believe that I would want to bomb the $h!t out of them!

If that happened to me I would too, but I think I would choose to feed and care for my family instead of seeking revenge.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

Dozens of militant rockets barrage southern Israel

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM – Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip bombarded southern Israel with dozens of mortars and rockets on Wednesday, sowing panic and despair there and burdening diplomatic efforts to revive a truce that expired over the weekend.

No Israelis were injured in the barrages. The attacks took a steeper toll in Gaza as explosives apparently misfired, wounding three civilians and killing two militants. One of the injured civilians works for a conflict resolution center.

So basically you are saying it's perfectly okay to starve people to death while it's extremely bad to use violence against innocent Israeli citizens?

You are either too stupid or unwilling to understand that this complex conflict has two sides and that not all Palestinians are terrorists like they are being portrayed by the American media. There are Israeli settlers killing innocent Palestinians and burn down their houses on a regular basis, but that's not what you see on Faux News aight?

Anyhow, I guess you've some hypocritical hidden agenda over here

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Originally posted by kozmo

If that happened to me I would too, but I think I would choose to feed and care for my family instead of seeking revenge.

DUDE: WAKE UP!

There is NO FREAKING FOOD, because Israel keeps the border blocked, and its not the entire Gaza population firing rockets on Israel. And about feeding and caring for your family, read this:

Today (11 September), Israeli human rights organization B'Tselem is publishing a report on Israel’s blocking of Palestinian access to land around settlements lying east of the Separation Barrier. The report reveals that state authorities and settlers have de-facto annexed rings of land amounting to tens of thousands of dunams to these settlements.

Control of these lands is seized by a variety of means, but two modus operandi stand out: 1) settlers, and sometimes members of Israel’s security forces, violently attack and harass Palestinians who venture near settlements; and 2) erecting fences and other physical and electronic devices around the lands, blocking Palestinian access to them. In many cases, the authorities turn a blind eye to unlicensed closure of lands, systemically avoiding their duty to enforce the law on criminal settlers.

The total amount of lands thus attached to settlements can only be roughly estimated, as most of the takeovers were not documented or officially sanctioned in orders. In recent years, however, Israel began to formalize the closing of lands by issuing military orders in the framework of the “Special Security Area” (SSA) plan. As part of this plan, Israel has fenced off 12 settlements east of the Separation Barrier, unofficially annexing 4,558 dunams (4 dunums = 1 acre) and thus increasing the overall area of these settlements by a factor of 2.4. Half of the closed off lands are privately owned by Palestinians.

The closing of lands around settlements primarily harms Palestinian farmers, who face almost impassable bureaucratic obstacles when attempting to access their lands. As a result, many are forced to stop cultivating their land.

Israeli officials seek to justify the closing by citing the security need for a warning space around the settlements, to help protect settlers. Indeed, in 2002-2004, Palestinians killed 31 Israeli civilians in settlements in the West Bank, and wounded many others. However, B'Tselem’s research has demonstrated that the authorities permit settlers to access these purported “warning areas”. B’Tselem has documented settlers living on, and tending to, closed off Palestinian lands. This contradicts the security logic cited by the army and defies the closure orders issued by the military commander.

In the report’s conclusion, B'Tselem provides a number of alternative measures that Israel can take to protect settlers while reducing infringement of Palestinians’ rights. However, the organization emphasizes that, given the illegality of the entire settlement enterprise, Israel is obligated to evacuate all settlements and must not work to perpetuate them. Therefore, the only lawful way to protect the settlers is by evacuating them and returning them to Israel.

source

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
So you are saying you would, like the Palestinians, hunt down babies, toddlers, children, and kill them? You would go too schools and nurseries and blow them up? You would find pregnant women and shoot them? Nice too know.

The *Israelis* are killing men, women and children. They even hold up ambulances taking pregnant Palestinian women to the hospital -- resulting in untold complications and infant deaths.

There is no such thing as an innocent Israeli as long as this aparthied state exists.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Israel is being attacked from Gaza right now. This is an escalation of the conflict. The thing is, who is pulling the strings here. Iran is a major player here, do they sense their moment? Is this (timing wise) anything to do with India and its ultimatum?

link   

You are either too stupid or unwilling to understand that this complex conflict has two sides and that not all Palestinians are terrorists like they are being portrayed by the American media

Insulting people is not necessary.

You are correct that there are 2 sides to this issue. But even you should be able to admit that if the Palestinians wanted to they could easily smuggle in food as easily as they do their weapons.

Tunnel smugglers fill the gaps, bringing in contraband drugs and guns and more mundane items like frilly underwear and laptop computers, as well as exotic animals like the lion and lioness that pace in a cage at the Rafah zoo.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

They can smuggle in a lion but not food. Something is wrong with this picture. If they are really starving then that Lion should be dead by now and smoking in some barbecue pit.

link   
So sad... how many people have gobbled up the propaganda

Gamergal... Do you think the IDF only kills terrorists!?!?
What plent are you living on!?

Picture of maimed Palestinian child from Israeli rockets

IDF kills 7 palestinian children in raid

Israel NEVER kills innocent people, right???

I could go on all day long posting links to stories about IDF atrocities against women, children, the elderly, the unarmed etc... But this is tiresome. Just stop being so freaking naive and learn BOTH sides of the story!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Those poor starving Palestinians! I mean, look at how they starve. Yet some how they have money for weapons and are able too smuggle them in...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Your ignorance clearly illustrates the tactical flaw of the Israeli regime. They can't stop palestinians from doing this kind of stuff by continuing to oppress and counterattack. Each counter-offensive only creates more hatred and more attacks.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Israelis are not seen as evil they are by nature evil, they have robbed another people of their land and continue to murder and starve said people who are trying to get their land back. Again I would ask all those with an opinion what they would do if someone came into their country and took their homes and land. No doubt they would just hand it over and quietly walk away, well Americans would anyway as many of them seem to think its OK to steal and murder.

I dont support eaither side, they have and continue to commit crimes against humanity. But whilst Israel continues to take the Palestinian land the conflict will continue until akll the Palestinians have been wiped out by the Nazi Jews. every one keeps banging on about the rights of Israelis well what about the rights of th Palestinians, they have no rights I take it.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

No such thing as an innocent Israeli?

Are you on crack?

I dont care if Adolf freaking Hitler was in charge that doesn't excuse the murder of pregnant women and children.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
no they actually can't get any food in gaza. the jews blew up the tunnel they were digging from egypt to get it in. its sad that women and children are targeted, but thats war. how about you take down the border barricade and stop airstriking the people, you might see less attacks. i dont know what the point is though and why people keep talking about it. these people are going to fight for a long time to come and the only way its stopping is when they are dead. i have actually been waiting to see Iran vs. Isreal for a long time, and i can't wait for the fun to begin.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Pregnant Palestinians? Oh you mean like how the Palestinians strap bombs too the stomach of women to make them look like they are pregnant then BOOM! goes another hospital. If they didn't do that maybe the Israelis wouldn't stop ambulences too check that they are actually pregnant and not strapped with another bomb.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join