It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexuality is such a terrible sin, why is it not in the ten commandments?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
I am picking this up from anotherposter's offhand comment in another thread.

For many American christians, homosexuality seems to be the central issue in their faith. The most extreme and tired example of this is Westboro Baptist church, and Falwell blaming the gays for 9/11. There is are ongoing threads with the Pope stating he beleives homosexuality is the greatest threat mankind currently faces and that the USA, along with the confederation of Islamic nations, has refused to join the UN's call to ensure that homosexuals will not face legal bias based on the religious preferences of the majority of its citizens. And of course Prop 8 just passed, recinding the right for gays to get married in California.

It is an understatement, I think, to say that many Christians beleive that homosexuality is the m ost offensive sin, yet it is not mentioned in the 10 commandments.

I do not think that God, with the powers that are ascribed to him, would forget to list this among his top 10 offenses. In fact in the NT Jesus says the greatest commandment is to love... couldn't we lighten up on those who are just trying to love?

[edit on 23-12-2008 by asmeone2]

thats because it is a sin, that explains the snowcone maker

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

I was wrong, talks about the priests specifically in Lev.
see Genesis 2:18-24, Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 7:25-28, 1 Corinthians 7:25-28, also many verses in proverbs. nothing specifically says the words "one man, one woman." but when it talks about the relationship between man and wife, everything is singular. not to mention the Hebrew and Greek texts convey these meaning through strong connotations lacking in the English Language. It is also emplied in Genesis, when He says the two, not the many, shall become one.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the ref...but I'm still having trouble with a connotation being the only thing leading people to define marriage as only between a man and a woman. Still thanks for looking it up though and not just saying "because"

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We talk so much about how the gay and lesbian community are so wrong, but look at ourselves. All we seem to o is judge others by the way they look, their preferences, etc. Would god really want us to do such a thing? To judge? I thought his higher purpose was to make us one...to unite us as one people whether with love or our ideals. Yet we have only caused separation among society. Maybe its time to get off our high horse and look at the people around us. They are no different from us so why should we try to stop them. They are not trying to stop us from loving one another so why should we stop them from feeling those same feelings for someone else?!

Another thing I would like to point out is this: when i went to church last year, I was told by my grandmother (a very huge fanatic!) that men are not allowed to dye their hair or wear earrings, etc.... That it says it in the Bible. Well I am sorry, but I beg to differ! Nowhere in the Bible does it disallow a ma to dye their hair whatever color they want or wear studs in their ears or their faces! [Just Let Them Be!] Does it also say that only women are allowed to dye their hair? And if so then Jesus was being sexist or bias which is not the case because God made all humans equal whether they are male or female! So tell me this why is it such a problem to let people do what they want with themselves!? I for one died my hair blue...then purple just to see how she would react...and it seemed as if she didn't even notice that my hair was an unthinkable hair color!

From one Christian to the World!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Actually according to the Bible, God only created Eve AFTER he saw that Adam was lonely.
So was Adam created with a ding dong? Did God only give him a ding dong when he realized he'd need it to make babies when he created the first woman? Didn't God know Adam would be lonely and eventually need a ding dong to procreate?
To say nothing of the whole "Lillith" affair. (Adam's FIRST wife.)
The Bible has far too many holes in it to try to use it to prove anything. Any argument such as yours is easily shot down.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Yes, I believe you are right. Adultery is to have sex with somone's spouse. But homosexuality is listed as fornication in the Bible. In Matthew 19:3-9, Jesus equates adultery with fornication.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

Hey no prob, I am in favor of intelligent discussion! Hebrew and Greek are very interesting because they use few words, that have much deeper meaning. For instance, the word "echad", translates as the number 1 in english, but it is also an adjective in Hebrew, used to describe the relationship between man and wife. Cool stuff.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Actually, it doesn't say that God saw that Adam was lonely. He saw that every other thing in creation had a mate, helpmeet, and He thought Adam should have one as well. And I have no problems using the Bible as my basis, is the foundation of my faith. It is ok if you don't believe it, but if I don't, how can I call myself Christian, which essentially means "Little Christ"

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Responding the Op I agree with you. Its not a sin, and yet the bible says its a abomination. But I think we all should remember God gave us all free will to choose what we want. Who are we to choose to limit God's freedom.

I do believe gays should marry, I do believe gays should have freedom with there life. They shouldnt have to hide.

But my only problem with it is I dont want my kid running around is two gays kissing and thinks its ok.

Remember the power of suggestion???? God bless sorry to the honosexulaity people I mean no hate

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by one_man24

Well you originally said adultery which made no sense. Of course it wouldn't be fortification either if they were allowed to marry.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

But my only problem with it is I dont want my kid running around is two gays kissing and thinks its ok.

Remember the power of suggestion????

I wouldn't worry about it mate, it doesn't work like that. Orientation is effectively hard-wired into the brain. In this case it is not monkey see monkey do.

Other than that, well done on your open and progressive thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The ten commandments were received by Moses/Moishe from a non confederation group of entities known as the Orion group. They are 4th density negatively polarized meaning 'service to self' rather than service to others (positive). Now then people...Ten Commandments telling mankind what NOT to do? Does that really sound like a benefit to mankind or is it fake positivity? Do your own research and look within whilst you're at it. I just stumbled across this topic and its hilarious to see people spout about being queer. Who gives a toss lol!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well, originally there was 15 commandments but he dropped a tablet and it broke so now there is only 10. It was written on the broken tablet

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter what religion says anyway being as there is NO god, religion is just a tool to control the masses. But if you feel as if you are more attracted guys then girls then go for it buddy...there is nothing wrong with it

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by secretstash
Leviticus 18:20

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

So, does this make all women abominations?

Yep, it sure does, so does that make men abominations for having sex with abominations?

The bible makes EVERYONE abominations in some way or another.

Merry Christmas everyone, or shall we say Merry Yule, as the Christians stole it from the pagans. Look it up if you don't believe it.

So why do we celebrate Christ’s birthday as Christmas, on December the 25th?

The answer lies in the pagan origins of Christmas.

www.essortment.com...

Here is an excerpt from wiki

The Christmas tree is often explained as a Christianization of pagan tradition and ritual surrounding the Winter Solstice, which included the use of evergreen boughs, and an adaptation of pagan tree worship.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Awesome, when I start that thread I will absolutely as you to post that again.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Remember the power of suggestion????

The only time where this may be an issue is where sexual addiction is involved or promoted.

A sex addict may experiment with opposite, same and an animal. Some who are thought to be "homosexuals" may not actually be, because they are actively using sex - additively. Same goes for heterosexuals. If we give our child the suggestion that anything goes, then the child may take you up on that!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The simple reason that Christians consider homosexuality a sin is because it's unnatural. Same-sex couplings are not seen in nature, nor in humans until fairly recently (3000-4000 years ago). Gay cavemen did not exist.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

The simple reason that Christians consider homosexuality a sin is because it's unnatural. Same-sex couplings are not seen in nature, nor in humans until fairly recently (3000-4000 years ago). Gay cavemen did not exist.

You're so wrong. Backwards and forwards, in and out, wrong. Completely and utterly.

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior in non-human animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting. Homosexual and bisexual behavior are widespread in the animal kingdom: a 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior, has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.[1][2] Animal sexual behavior takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.
Eat your words (source).

You're ether brainwashed or completely ignorant.

[edit on 24/12/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Feeling the Christmas spirit?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join