It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: the movie

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BruceF
Why should the government want to make people aware about possible need for readiness in 2012 anyway?

Do you think they love you that much?

[edit on 10/1/2009 by BruceF]

That is an excellent point. Why would they warn us, if they know it's too late already?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My gift/curse is that I was born on the Autumnal Equinox (21st of September) and I feel this # happening like you would not believe. I can see a "Plasma Storm".... no one has to believe me, the fact is this Planetary Mutation is going in one direction...... the effects of Electro Magnetci Fluctuation will increase and every "Mutha Lover" on the planet will feel it's effects.
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I still think it's more a big moviecorp or a smart screenwriter just asked for the most popular hits on google, came up with 2012 in the list, researched it and put something together that has a load of sites on the internet (free marketing), is buzzing around like mad and has the potential to make a excellent disastermovie.

And sadly, we love and crave disaster movies. If we craved spiritually profound entertainment the most it may have been an ascension-movie with nice and cudly pictures all around.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Harman]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The official movie site.

At sony pictures.

www.sonypictures.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This movie made me think along a different path. How would the governments of our planet prepare six billion people for the end of the world? The movie has already made it clear that they won't and if this is the every man for himself scenario then maybe this is just their feeble way of giving us some insight on what to expect.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by BruceF
Why should the government want to make people aware about possible need for readiness in 2012 anyway?

Do you think they love you that much?

[edit on 10/1/2009 by BruceF]

That is an excellent point. Why would they warn us, if they know it's too late already?

They would never warn us because we would all stop caring about the insignificant trials and tribulations that we are facing right now. We would all stop work, stop buying their junk and most all stop fighting each other and start working on maybe digging underground shelters or become cave dwellers. They have their exit plans in order and they can not allow us to screw up their plans.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
if u believe that our thoughts make the world then is it really a smart move to make a movie about 2012 being the end of the world??

your basically introducing the concept to first timers in the format of a negative event, this is then further reinforced when they go home and Google the topic. and so the fear takes over and it become a self fulfilling prophecy. nice one Hollywood.

as if anything informative even came out of hollywood the matrix being the only exception.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The 2012 Movie already has a spot on netflixs. There is one review that sounds like they actually know a little about the movie so I'm posting it here.

Quote by: OceanBluePearl user on netflix

In "Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow", Roland Emmerich brought us extreme disaster films. His latest effort is the ultimate disaster film. 2012 has long been heralded as the year a global transformation occurs. Some believe it will be a transformation in consciousness, after which only humans of advanced consciousness will remain on the earth. Others believe it marks the end of a series of global catastrophes such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tectonic plate shifts, or polar shifts that will eliminate most of the Earth's human population, so the planet can make a fresh start. Both beliefs are derived from research on the Mayan Long Count Calendar, which predicts the end of the earth on December 21st, 2012, the end of the calendar's thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle. Emmerich chose to go with the physical disaster scenario. As in his earlier disaster films, there's a lone scientist (John Cusack) who figures out what is happening and alerts the government so loss of life can be minimized. Also, this scientist has a pretty ex-wife (Amanda Peet) who loves him, but can't live with him. There's an eccentric prophet of doom (Woody Harrelson) who has been trying for years to warn humanity about the danger, but who has been ignored. And there is the political leadership: the U.S. President (Danny Glover), his lovely daughter (Thandie Newton), his Chief of Staff (Oliver Platt) and his Science Advisor (Chiwetel Ejiofor). The disasters are global, including regions familiar to American viewers: earthquakes along the San Andreas Fault and volcanic activity in the Yellowstone Caldera. Besides the Arks - life rafts for the wealthy and politically connected - the film is a predictable disaster film, featuring dubious science, implausible scenes, narrative cliches, one-dimensional characters, and heavy handed moral and emotional lessons. Prepare to be entertained but not enlightened

Assuming this spoiler is trustworthy, Danny Glover as the President is a little strange is it not? After all, we did just elect "the first black president" didn't we? Is art copy life or life art?

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Incarnated]

are u serious??? do u know how many black presidents there have been in movies???

Jesus the 5th element had deebo from friday as the president

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wow.. a lot of reaching here.

Hmm.. the government wouldn't warn us.. except to release a major motion picture? Yea.. ok.

This is just a money-making movie, nothing more. Nothing is going to happen in 2012. NOTHING! Well nothing out of the ordinary.

You folks DO realize the entire thing is based on a calendar that would have just ended at the end of an age. And if the Mayans were still around as a major civilization, they would have built some temples in honor of the age ending, and a new one would have started.

But no.. one guy gets a hold of ONE tablet.. which could mean just about anything.. and *poof*.. the world is going to end. How predictable.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I am not going to try to change you mind concerning you beliefs about 2012, we will all know soon enough, but the rationale behind what others believe is sound. We have little to go on about our world because so much of it is unknown. Unfortunately the only guide we have for our future is the past, and though it is not always a reliable tool it does sometimes provide us with helpful information.

If the Mayan calendar was the only resource that was being used to come to the belief that there will be earth changing events that are going to occur around 2012 then I could understand your distain and skepticism but it is not. Almost every indigenous culture has a historic record that points to an event of change during this time.

Thanks to a lot of hard work and diligence by quite a few people we don't have to start our research from scratch. I found Jay Weidner’s work very impressive and he more than some of the others has planted a seed of thought that makes me believe that it is more reasonable to believe that a consistently reoccurring event is more likely to occur than not occur though both possibilities are indeed available.

So you can believe what you chose but I think your comments are unfair to those that do believe. The chances are fifty-fifty. You are allowed your fifty allow them theirs.

Might find these interesting. Might not.
www.jayweidner.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The entire premise was based on the 'research' of one guy, whom Mayan research and linguist experts (because he was not) said made many mistakes in his theories. There are just as many sound theories from those who have made the study of civilizations like the Mayan their lifework, that pretty much say nothing is going to happen. At least, the Mayan people did not predict any gloom and doom nor mass enlightenment event in 2012.

It's biased research with a whole lot of guesswork. They based their calendar on lunar cycles. You know what that makes all these guesses? Astrology. I am an avid fan of astronomy. I do not believe that the way the planets and other celestial bodies move due to gravity among other things, predicts events that will happen on our planet. We are solely responsible for forging our future — the way Venus moves in the sky holds no special power that will change our world.

They Mayan certainly had no knowledge of a killer star. They didn't know about any planets other than the 5 visible to the human eye, and they thought THOSE were gods, not planetary bodies.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
have they released any new trailers for this movie or is this the only one?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
This movie is sponsored by the United Nations. Why you might ask?

Because they need to let us know but cant say it directly. This movie is basically a documentary about the end of the world. It is the only doomsday movie ever to be released that has NO survivors in it. Mankind will be annihilated!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Waldy]

Do you have a link for information about the UN sponsoring the movie?
And I came across a site where they actually have a 'lottery' for tickets to insure your survival when the day is here..

Institute for Human Continiucy IHC have this lottery. Again, WHY??

And ofcourse I found this icky wierd post on a forum. I hope you read it !
Alien Agenda 2009 Take over !
The reason I hope you people read this link, is infact that I heard about some of what he is stating on Radio Norge here in Norway, it is in my signature.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join