learn more

2012: the movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Yeah, I once predicted there would be turkey for dinner on thanks giving.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
2012 is pure B.S.

See you in 2013.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

yes, we do....it's a wonderful place for research and to stay up to date on the latest ideas from some very bright and independant thinkers...although there are some absolute whack jobs on here as well, but that's more entertaining then anything else.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by Waldy
This movie is sponsored by the United Nations. Why you might ask?

Is there have any actual proof of that?

I'd not count this as "proof" however in examing this movies facts the strangness of it being released on the same day nearly worldwide did seem a little strange. There are only a few nations that it isn't the same date.

I'm not sure how common that shared release date is on a global scale, however as I've understood it movies tend to get released first in the USA and then filter through the globe accordingly.

I checked IMDB and the date isn't the same date but it is a tight grouping worldwide.
www.imdb.com...

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Incarnated]

[edit on 19-12-2008 by nsaeyes]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

sorry aobut the edit above...the reason the studios release worldwide on the same date is to cut down on people pirating the movie. They used to open in the u.s. and people would make copies of it and it would show up in every other country in two weeks.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nsaeyes
reply to post by nsaeyes

sorry aobut the edit above...the reason the studios release worldwide on the same date is to cut down on people pirating the movie. They used to open in the u.s. and people would make copies of it and it would show up in every other country in two weeks.

You're quite right and I certainly don't dispute that. I probably should have worded my reasons better in this instance. I am unfortunately neither 'here' or 'there' with 2012 related matter. Being an engineer, science would be the more appealing factors that come into question when I look at things, however, I do have an exceptionally open-mind in everything that is, of course, possible; spiritual or otherwise.

It'll be very interesting to see Hollywood's take on it though.

P.S. Films are in their absolution, only films (sorry ''Movies'')

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
2012 is a serious issue. Many will live 2013 and will have learned much.

It has become apparent that mainstream fashion is not necessarily going for a 2012 story, the whole academy system is behind it.

2012 was supposed to be some bunch of asteroids and will now become a hit without a planetoid and with an empty trajectory....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
2012 - yet another weak movie concept and yet another 'fear-mongering' effort by Mr. Emmerich!

Bring back the 1940's - 1970's cinematic genuineness and class!

Breifne

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by redled
2012 is a serious issue. Many will live 2013 and will have learned much.

It has become apparent that mainstream fashion is not necessarily going for a 2012 story, the whole academy system is behind it.

2012 was supposed to be some bunch of asteroids and will now become a hit without a planetoid and with an empty trajectory....

Perhaps we ought to call it "2012 Propaganda"?

There is no doubt that something will happen around 2012, due to many channelings, predictions, etc. Hell, even I have always felt something interesting about 2012, years before I have discovered the whole 2012 phenomena.

But all that fear mongering about 2012 makes me think that someone out there is forcing the 2012 Propaganda on us to divert our attention from something else, something bigger and more important.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm just curious as to what kind of riot control we're going to see in the days before 2013.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Let us suppose for a moment that the whole 2012 phenomenon is 100% real and worst case scenario a certain fact, i.e. Global several mile high tsunami's, Continents shifting/sinking.

Why would anyone make a film about it? Even if an event of horrible cataclysmic proportions was definately going to occur and 'TPTB' knew it was going to occur, why make a film to try and warn the 'enlightened' or 'believers'?

I'm well aware of what would happen if every world leader addressed their nation and officially announced it. That would never occur.

How would a group of people, who knew that something was going to happen, be better prepared, than others who are oblivious to the event, against the kind of natural forces that are in question here?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Do ordinary people have the power/money to go into orbit or under the sea?
(theoretically speaking)

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Do i assume then that 'TPTB' are releasing a film to a global audience just to warn 'those in the know' or 'those with power/money' (who must also be in the know)?

Wouldn't they already know? Why go to the trouble to make a film? Why not just send them an e-mail?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Logical is definitely not a fitting title, friend.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm working on it!

Please educate the ILlogical. Why a film?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why do you have to assume that "the powers that be" actually had to lift a finger to produce one film?

Why do you have to assume that they're trying to warn anybody, let alone the whole world? Wouldn't less people knowing be better for them?

The 'powers that be' are called that because they have power over most everything. Space and sea travel being little bits of that.
Why would you assume that people with that power (if they knew these things were going to happen) wouldn't do what they could to save themselves?

How does...

Originally posted by alaskan
Do ordinary people have the power/money to go into orbit or under the sea?

Not pose an answer to...

Originally posted by logicalview
How would a group of people, who knew that something was going to happen, be better prepared, than others who are oblivious to the event, against the kind of natural forces that are in question here?

?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Let us suppose for a moment that the whole 2012 phenomenon is 100% real and worst case scenario a certain fact, i.e. Global several mile high tsunami's, Continents shifting/sinking.

Why would anyone make a film about it? Even if an event of horrible cataclysmic proportions was definately going to occur and 'TPTB' knew it was going to occur, why make a film to try and warn the 'enlightened' or 'believers'?

I'm well aware of what would happen if every world leader addressed their nation and officially announced it. That would never occur.

Excellent point here, my friend! A star to you.

Yes, does it really matter if you are enlightened/you know the truth/spiritual/etc. - if this end of the world going to strike us all? Really, how is one going to escape a tsunami? Meditate out of it?

No matter how enlightened or knowledgeable we are - if the predicted natural disasters will come true in 2012, we are all screwed anyway. Maybe it's the whole point. That we all have to die to be reborn and to ascent.

Maybe the Ascension has nothing to do with us being alive. Maybe it first occurs when we are dead.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Too slow

[edit on 22-12-2008 by alaskan]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I made one assumption based on your first reply. Somehow i am now having to explain myself for asking the question in the first place.

It would seem a misunderstanding of point has occurred.

I was under the impression that the PTB had control over the release of the film. If they did not want anyone to know about the event, why allow a film to be released to the public

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

oh.... It would seem that a badly worded sentence on my part is to blame. and explains your first reply. My apologies.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join