posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
While not a ''Doomsday'' glory supporter myself, I have questioned (myself) why this film has been made, and to what intention.
I am not in the media industry, nor do I claim to know anything remotely distinguishable about it, but the very purpose of this film has become
apparent for a number of reasons. A few of my sketchy theories below.
1) Hollywood are essentially struggling with new material to give 'impact', and so a film of this genre only sparks of hinting that the next
generation of 'disaster' movies are coming our way.
2) If the agenda of this movie is (by default) a method of information to ''prepare'' us then it might obviously make impact in a very ironic way.
I doubt it though.
3) ATS and a number of other sites discussing the scenarios of 2012, prophetical OR scientific have become such a prolific subject that it would serve
only to propogate the possibility of another 'doomsday' event, Hollywood style.
4) Sicence thus far has tendered to more pressing matters concerning the globe and our galaxy, i.e. polar shifting, ''climatic'' changes etc. So
again, serving point No. 3.
5) This film serves as a genuine prescursor for a very real event that is coming (Most unlikely reason to produce it - BUT plausible given what we as
a the human race know and have evidence to PROVE)
The above ARE NOT facts. Again, I reiterate, these are just some of my own personal questions, to myself, of the reason to produce this film.
Really could do with other opinions on this production.