It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza families eat grass as Israel locks border

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

You hit on the nail.

Agree 100%

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
So innocents were accidentally killed by a helicopter when they were targeting a specific terrorist.

That somehow doesn't seem the same as targeting a busload of innocents seeking to inflict maximum casualties, or blowing themselves up in a shopping area.

If you don't want responses, then don't initiate attacks! This isn't rocket science.

Every single time the Gazans attack, the Israeli's will strike back harder. This has been the identical same situation for decades. Gaza hits Israel, Israel hits back, and harder.

This is exactly my point. After beating your stupid head against the wall and achieving absolutely NOTHING, you've got to be one dumb, ignorant, stupid group of people to continue the identical, same stupidity!

Decades of initiating attacks with the identical, same retaliation.

Each time, Gaza loses. Each time, decade after decade.

This is exactly why I say these have to be the most stupid people in the world.

So when Israel tries to isolate them, to keep from having to kill them, Israel is suddenly the bad guy. My achingass.

Sadly, i have to admit that you are making great points mate. Not just in this post, but overall: i appreciate your intellectual honesty, and i do respect your point of view.
But there's a point that you are forgetting: Israel would NOT exist if after the WW2 some idiots wouldn't have decided to assign that land to them, RANDOMLY. Palestinians felt as you would feel if someonme would send you some family to live in your courtyard: then the family grows, and grows, and grows mate. And they need room. And they will take YOUR room. This is what happened in Palestine mate. As said, i don't hate Israel, i HATE violence, no matter from where it comes from. All I want is this craze to cease. is it to ask too much mate?

[edit on 18/12/2008 by internos]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I love this. A few Palestinians break in to a school and kill dozens of school kids. What's in the news? "Three poor Palestinians were murdered by the evil Jews! Raise Hitler back from the grave and exterminate them!" A Palestinian blows up a school bus. "An innocent Palestinian was killed on a Jewish school bus." Then Israel attacks and kills a Terrorist Leader responsible for more civillian deaths then OBL was on 9/11 and what do you see? "Israel kills a Palestinian! Death to Israel!" I guess being Jewish means you don't count as a human. In the south it was the five blacks equal three humans. What is the ratio with Jews? A few thousand equal one person?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Since you like to lump all palestinians together,i will lump all israelis together and give you their ratio "One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail." that was a nice rabbi speaking at the funeral of a mass murderer...hell look for some quotes from ariel sharon,he put his foot in his mouth a few times showing his absolute contempt for anyone but the jewish people.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

I love this. A few Palestinians break in to a school and kill dozens of school kids. What's in the news? "Three poor Palestinians were murdered by the evil Jews! Raise Hitler back from the grave and exterminate them!" A Palestinian blows up a school bus. "An innocent Palestinian was killed on a Jewish school bus." Then Israel attacks and kills a Terrorist Leader responsible for more civillian deaths then OBL was on 9/11 and what do you see? "Israel kills a Palestinian! Death to Israel!" I guess being Jewish means you don't count as a human. In the south it was the five blacks equal three humans. What is the ratio with Jews? A few thousand equal one person?

One of my grandfathers got killed by nazists. I don't feel any sypathy for nazists, and i think that racism is the worse expression of the human faults.
And don't mix Jews and Israel because NOT necessarly they mean the same thing. To kill an innocent is always wrong, no matter the purpose, no matter how you do it: a kamikaze and an army helicopter are the same exact stuff: both them bring death, end of story.
Shame on the kamikazes, and shame on israeli government: both them are at the same level. Palestinians are waiting to be legitimte to own their own land, this is story and not mere speculations. Isralel did born from nothing, due to the decisions taken by some leaders after WW2, on May 14, 1948. Also this is story, not legend. The problem is that to have been victim of an holocaust seems to legitimate them to take every action, inluding CRIMINAL ones: if i send you a kamikaze, then i'm criminal. But if you kill some random people using an helicopter, then you are a criminal as well: there's no difference between the two. A death is an offence to the civil society, regardless the victim's skin color, religion, sexual orientation and so on. THIS CRAZE HAS TO CEASE NOW, PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Token, you don't care what happened in 1948?

No,i don't really care what happened in 1948 and what the British defined.In simple words zionists stole Palestinian lands and instead of thanking Arabs they expanded by killing more palestinians.

Israel isn't going away. Get over it.

Israel might not go away but the israelis are moving out of it,they don't want their future generations to face bombs ,rockets and wars.

Token, you state you are a Paki. You have 100 nuclear warheads? That's simply amazing. In times of trouble, I doubt but one or two will ever be launched. You must be very proud, though.

I indeed am very proud.Soon with the help of China Pakistan will be able to build missiles that will bring israel within its range aswel.And i kinda hope that Pakistan delivers nuke secrets to nations like syria and iran.That will keep israel think twice before going on a bombing raid.

You in Pakistan can't even control your own borders. If your own army is incapable of handling a few provinces, should India be scared? I kind of doubt it.

You still don't understand do you? These borders are used by Pakistan/ISI to deal with its enemies.

When you score victory after victory, scores of times, then you must be doing something right. Now you don't have to like it, (the combat thing) but there is nothing as invigorating as having some "ignorant, arrogant" bastards start a firefight with you, and you kill them in turn. It really wipes the smirks off their dead faces fast.

Lets cut the crap and stick to the topic.You talk alot but i bet in a battlefield you rather call the airforce for help than facing your enemy yourself.Go in with your platoon in Helmand, Falluja or Jenin than we will see how many of you come out alive.We saw what happened in mogadishu,if the Pakistanis didn't come to help the US soldiers,all of them woulda been kentuky fried chicken.Israeli and US forces can't fight ground battles and we have seen that time and time again.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by t0ken]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The ceasefire between Hamas and Israel is about to expire.

Ceasefire will expire

Excerpt "Twenty-four hours before a fragile six-month ceasefire between Israel and Hamas is set to end, Palestinian rockets hailed down on the Israeli border town of Sderot as Hamas vows not to extend the truce, the Times of London reported."

So Hamas wants to fight. I'm sure that Israel will respond.

Meanwhile the Palestinian people will continue to not have food. I think that Hamas bears the responsibility to do something beneficial for it's people not just to try to provoke a military response from Israel so that there can be more media attention about how evil Israel is.

Personally, I don't see any end to this. I'm sure that when the violence begins again that Israels response will not be to open the border.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The ceasefire between Hamas and Israel is about to expire.

Ceasefire will expire

Excerpt "Twenty-four hours before a fragile six-month ceasefire between Israel and Hamas is set to end, Palestinian rockets hailed down on the Israeli border town of Sderot as Hamas vows not to extend the truce, the Times of London reported."

So Hamas wants to fight. I'm sure that Israel will respond.

Meanwhile the Palestinian people will continue to not have food. I think that Hamas bears the responsibility to do something beneficial for it's people not just to try to provoke a military response from Israel so that there can be more media attention about how evil Israel is.

Personally, I don't see any end to this. I'm sure that when the violence begins again that Israels response will not be to open the border.

you do know after the last israeli attack hamas went round to every home and gave compensation so they could rebuild their homes?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Personally, I'd move away from the Gaza strip.

Who would want to live there?

I wouldn't want to live in Israel either.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am far from a fan of Israel, but when did it become the responsibility of Israel to feed these people?

Maybe having 8 kids like the family described in the article was the first mistake these people made.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Government Cheese
I am far from a fan of Israel, but when did it become the responsibility of Israel to feed these people?

Perhaps because they have taken 90% of the fertile land in the Palestinian territories, control all supply routes and control all water supplies, leaving the Palestinians with no possibility to ever build their country.

Of course this fvcking American mainstream media hasn't shown that babies are currently dying in Gaza strip hospitals because the only power plant of Gaza doesn't receive enough fuel for electricity generation (as a consequence of Israeli restrictions).

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

And all of the muslim nations who whine about the palestininians being oppressed are where? Why arent they taking them in? How much aid are they giving them?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A radical idea, get rid of all the restrictions and border controls and then Jew and Palestinian can live together with the same rights and freedoms, and then guess what no more war. Its an old idea thats been used on many occasions but it has been known to work.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Some food for thought:

Haaretz: 'Worse than apartheid'

I thought they would feel right at home in the alleys of Balata refugee camp, the Casbah and the Hawara checkpoint. But they said there is no comparison: for them the Israeli occupation regime is worse than anything they knew under apartheid. This week, 21 human rights activists from South Africa visited Israel. Among them were members of Nelson Mandela's African National Congress; at least one of them took part in the armed struggle and at least two were jailed. There were two South African Supreme Court judges, a former deputy minister, members of Parliament, attorneys, writers and journalists. Blacks and whites, about half of them Jews who today are in conflict with attitudes of the conservative Jewish community in their country. Some of them have been here before; for others it was their first visit.

For five days they paid an unconventional visit to Israel - without Sderot, the IDF and the Foreign Ministry (but with Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Memorial and a meeting with Supreme Court President Justice Dorit Beinisch. They spent most of their time in the occupied areas, where hardly any official guests go - places that are also shunned by most Israelis.

On Monday they visited Nablus, the most imprisoned city in the West Bank. From Hawara to the Casbah, from the Casbah to Balata, from Joseph's Tomb to the monastery of Jacob's Well. They traveled from Jerusalem to Nablus via Highway 60, observing the imprisoned villages that have no access to the main road, and seeing the "roads for the natives," which pass under the main road. They saw and said nothing. There were no separate roads under apartheid. They went through the Hawara checkpoint mutely: they never had such barriers.

Jody Kollapen, who was head of Lawyers for Human Rights in the apartheid regime, watches silently. He sees the "carousel" into which masses of people are jammed on their way to work, visit family or go to the hospital. Israeli peace activist Neta Golan, who lived for several years in the besieged city, explains that only 1 percent of the inhabitants are allowed to leave the city by car, and they are suspected of being collaborators with Israel. Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge, a former deputy minister of defense and of health and a current member of Parliament, a revered figure in her country, notices a sick person being taken through on a stretcher and is shocked. "To deprive people of humane medical care? You know, people die because of that," she says in a muted voice.

Continued here

If you wish to educate yourself on this complex conflict, allow yourself to watch the following award winning documentary. It's both objective and contains information never shown in the mainstream media. This conflict is more complex than all Zionists are evil and all Palestinians are terrorists.

Award winning documentary

Google Video Link

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Government Cheese
reply to post by Mdv2

And all of the muslim nations who whine about the palestininians being oppressed are where? Why arent they taking them in? How much aid are they giving them?

So you think there are no Palestinians in Lebanon, Syria and Jordan? Google is your friend. A friend of mine is Palestinian but was born in a refugee camp in Lebanon. However, most Palestinians do not get the right to build a house in these countries...

Anyhow, Americans decided to fight the British instead of fleeing to Canada... not everyone gives up his or her homeland so easily.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Doesnt really look like they are doing anything but losing.

Not a sound strategy if you choose to fight.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
A radical idea, get rid of all the restrictions and border controls and then Jew and Palestinian can live together with the same rights and freedoms, and then guess what no more war. Its an old idea thats been used on many occasions but it has been known to work.

Not possible; fanatical zionists are baying for Muslim blood.

Entitled “The Appropriate Response to Islamic Terror”, Lawrence Kulak writing in the 5 Towns Jewish Times opines that the “final solution” to the “Muslim Problem” the West faces today is simple–‘Kill ‘em all and let God sort ‘em out.’ In particular, he and the newspaper carrying the piece are calling for the deliberate killing of innocent women and children as a form of collective punishment (a war crime by international law) to those who would dare attack the apple of God’s eye–Israel–or any of those fighting her wars for her. As of the moment of this writing, the lone organization sounding the alarm over the piece is CAIR, the Council on American Islamic Relations while at the same time all major Jewish organizations (yes, the same ones lecturing everyone else on a daily basis on issues of hate, bigotry, extremism and terror) are doing nothing to protest or distance themselves from the piece, the writer or publication.

theuglytruth.wordpress.com... main-silent/

The article itself can be found here on page 59:

www.5tjt.com...

Although Arabs and Muslims know that the Zionist movement has long planned a genocide and servitude for the survivors for a long while, only now words are being publicly put to these agendas.

There are numerous community based zionist publications in the US/Canada, Europe and Australia starting to beat the drum for the extermination of 1.8 billion people. Any quibbling by people of conscience are attacked with accusations of anti-Semitism or as self-hating-Jews.

Current censured people and organisations include President Carter, Archbishop Tutu, Jews Against Zionism, Jews for Justice for Palestinians amongst many.

Targeting by zionists includes slander campaigns, hate mail, contacting employers to encourage sackings, being denounced to the security services particularly if the individual is an unknown activist, etc.

[edit on 123131p://pm3154 by masonwatcher]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm, this whole topic reminds me that once upon a time, someone had hoped eventually we humans might decide to turn our swords into plowshears.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There can only be peace when both sides want peace.

The Palestinian groups need to recognize Israel and stop the violence.

Israel need to recognize the Palestinians and help them achieve statehood. Israel needs to stop incursions into Palestinian areas.

Both sides need to start practicing peace or it will not be achieved.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
There can only be peace when both sides want peace.

The Palestinian groups need to recognize Israel and stop the violence.

Israel need to recognize the Palestinians and help them achieve statehood. Israel needs to stop incursions into Palestinian areas.

Both sides need to start practicing peace or it will not be achieved.

Only if Israel gives it a a fair chance, peace will be possible, that means: abolish all settlements in the Palestinian territories and the give back the conquered lands to Lebanon and Syria. On the other hand, the elected government of Palestine should recognize Israel officially like you said.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join