It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

I have not.

2 line post

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am in Louisville Ky. My cat has been meowing in that plaintive manner, for no reason, for two days. Have not heard him today. Will post anything else I observe. Oh, regarding lost animals, my friend found a stray dog a few days ago, but heck, that may not be anything.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

would you be able to overlay this pattern of low water etc. to the map of the New Madrid fault?

Not sure if someone already did this, but I mashed 2 maps together in photoshop.

First, this one (daily streamflow conditions):

Second, this one (national seismic hazard map) - shows more than just the New Madrid fault, just so we're not biased towards that part of the country:

I merged the two maps - and took out all the greens and blues which mean "good" - and kept the yellows (bad) and reds (really bad):

Some things to consider - yes, the New Madrid Fault (that patch of red by Arkansas) has both a "really high" probability of seismic activity - and low water levels right now... however, take a look at the west coast - half of CA all the way through OR. And - see that patch of low water levels that starts in PA and goes down through VA, etc. - that's the Appalachian area... and... there's an old old old fault line there as well that's been awfully quiet. A zillion years ago, an earthquake and/or tectonic movements "allegedly" formed the Appalachian mountain ranges. So - we have quite a lot of hot spots to watch over based upon these maps.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by themamayada

Interesting. I don't know if you noticed but the site you pulled that data from:

nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov...

also allows you to pull some really cool and specific data for all those little measuring sites (dots on the map) and look at it versus historical averages. Things like water table depth over a specified period of time, etc. I think you could find a gold mine of data here as far as rising and falling water levels for various states but the interface is REALLY clunky. I am trying to decipher it and figure out how to graph water levels in the new madrid region and the west coast. By all means, somebody else try too!

start here: nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Everyone (almost everyone) has been providing great information and constructive post that I believe we can learn from and maybe even convience people in the areas to head out for a few days next week.

When I read the Triangle post I liked it and wanted to add it to a forum I have owned for many years that has a section devoted to natural disasters. I went to look if I could find a less personalized version that I could link to at my forum and found the one from Fema. It wasn't the same so I looked at what else was listed and saw that there was something at Snopes. I checked what they had to say and thought that maybe some of the people in this thread might like to read that and see what it had to say.

I didn't post in this thread to mock anyone, but to hopefully have added to the thread. I was under the impression that this thread was meant to be taken seriously, but I see now that if someone posts that possibly the animal behaviour seen by some could actually be normal behaviour, or if someone like me posts a link to something that warns that something posted here may not be such a good thing, you get very insulting towards the poster.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by ahimsa]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cairowoman

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Cairowoman

Well who says he is an "expert"......LOOKS LIKE THE AMERICAN RED CROSS and FEMA pretty much agrees with my source. And at least we KNOW that they have actual experience with them....

Well, regarding the ARC and FEMA - I have to admit - I am an American Red Cross volunteer - in fact I went out on the Katrina disaster with them twice, and am very involved with the Red Cross - I do safety training at schools, besides representing them for various things, the list goes on and on - in my volunteering with them.

Yes, they have the duck and cover info....but guess what - I contacted people there and sent them the link to the "Triangle of Life" video.
I asked them to watch it, due to the fact - the ARC was still saying the "old" way - and needed to look at maybe changing the "old" information.

I believe they might - (who knows?) because they have are opened to better ways of doing and teaching things (especially if it saves lives) - they even changed this year - the way CPR is taught and the "new" and better way to do it. CPR is not taught the "old" way of pumps to the heart and then breaths - it is - "300 pumps to the heart - to 1 breath", due to new information they got.

So, in the future - even though the ARC might have the "duck and cover", they may look closely at the "Triangle of Life" as the better way of survival.

When you watch the "Triangle of Life" it makes sense.
[edit on 5-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sorry can a moderator please move My off topic post and replies to its own thread .... its really taken a life of its own and is distracting from the OP's original thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I wasn't able to view the overlay of the water chart and the seismic zones. Also, Mamayada, you may want to check the most recent water chart. This morning (12/5), at 9:30 eastern, it looked as if more red appeared east of the Mississippi.

Can't wait to see the overlay! Awesome job!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What I can say for certain is this.

When we had house dogs if a tornado is bound to hit they always jumped in the bath tub and refused to come out until that night after the tornado had passed, they would do this a good 8 hours before it hit every time.

My grandfather's dog would do the same thing every time also so we always knew before a tornado hit.

We did have some birds come back up north for the winter this year. I work nights and everyone that night was laughing at how confused the birds must be, "their radar broke" That was about 3 weeks ago though however they're still here which is odd but has happened once before in the past 10 years I've been living here.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
After following the USGS site, and fervently refreshing the page throughout the day, I started thinking about individual water sources other than what the USGS site provides.

www.rivergages.com

The link above provides river and lake levels in 24 hour increments, and I believe real-time as well. It's based off of districts and the basins therein.

Just passing along anything I can find! I'm glad my parents are away on vacation and far from their home in SEMO that week!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OllyOllyOxenI'm not sure about everyone else, but I wasn't able to view the overlay of the water chart and the seismic zones.

Sorry about that. Picasaweb seems to be acting up... I also put the pic on my flickr account:

As mentioned before... the New Madrid Fault (that patch of red by Arkansas) has both a "really high" probability of seismic activity - and low water levels right now... however, take a look at the west coast - half of CA all the way through OR. And - see that patch of low water levels that starts in PA and goes down through VA, etc. - that's the Appalachian area... and... there's an old old old fault line there as well that's been awfully quiet. A zillion years ago, an earthquake and/or tectonic movements "allegedly" formed the Appalachian mountain ranges. So - we have quite a lot of hot spots to watch over based upon these maps. I'll have to redo the chart with the new water levels that you saw today as well.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by themamayada]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
what gets me is the sad trolls that do this would only believe it if they seen it and because it hasn't everyone else must be wrong... i cant say i have seen everything in the entire universe so if someone has seen something strange im willing to gave them the benefit of the doubt... most trolls resort to pity name calling \ grammar police to side track the original posters story...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I would like to give you an update from northern Ky. When I replied initially, I mentioned that birds haven't been coming to my feeder. I thought this was odd because normally in colder weather like we're having now, the feeder is visited more frequently and not less, especially by cardinals.

After throwing out the seed in my feeder and replacing it with new seeds as a poster suggested, I'm happy to report that as of a few minutes ago, the cardinals are back.
Maybe the seed was just bad.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I just saw a huge flock of seagulls flying together up the river. When I say huge, I mean that this group of gulls was a full 1.5 minutes of flyby at a distance of 200 yards.
This is unusual. I have never seen gulls flock together like normal birds do in the fall. I am in Squamish BC Canada between Vancouver and Whistler.

Squamish is the bald eagle capital of North America. All regional NW bald eagles come here for an annual meeting from Nov - Feb every year. I can see about 20 bald eagles in distant trees etc right now and at any given moment during winter from my house.

This is weird. I am not paranoid but I noticed this thread and thought there would be no harm in mentioning it.

Perhaps the gulls grouped together to work like a school of fish in order to get through the eagle meeting unharmed. This I doubt because I often see gulls and eagles in close proximity. Maybe it's an earthquake or tsunami warning.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Hey all, who may be reading this.

Here is my UPDATE for today:

First - I have been calling numerous well companies in Arkansas and Missouri and Tennessee - trying to get any information about any changes and problems. Well..... it seems many people that have well companies - don't have offical offices - so I have had to leave messages. Well, guess what? I don't think they like returning long distance phone calls either.

I did talk to one well person - farther in the state of Arkansas - he said where they are - there is no rock - and a draining of wells was probably more in the rock area of Arkansas. I have never heard back from Red Cloak about where they are in Arkansas, so I have been throwing darts at the map, calling around. He did say, he would call me with any information of occurances if any happened.

I heard back from one USGS person - no actually 2 - one person emailed me back - who used to be in Memphis (still shows as Memphis) - but she is in Washington state now. The other person - said there is nothing going on, and was not interested in checking out any wells that have gone dry recently either.

Well, I won't say what I wanted to email him back and what my thoughts of his don't know and don't care attitude.

Another thing I did, is look for lost pets around the area.

I found a site:
www.lostfoundpets.us...

There seems to be a "large" amount of dogs missing in St. Louis and those are the dogs, the owners would have "posted" on this site. So how many more have gone missing that are not posted?

Regarding water tables, I have still been working on that, I do find it interesting that there are some huge increases and some other decreases almost overnight. I still have not been able to put together - a history of comparison to when they have had rain to the then the amount of increase.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread or not, but that is my latest.

Yes, I am serious about this "little" experiment. I want to find some absolutes (if there are any) and use those with the subjective observations - to maybe get some action from people.

If anything, if it only ends up helping people from this community - then that will at least be something - but I would like to also have this be a broader scope of help.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Been meaning to ask this - could the earthquake that "is supposed to happen" - could it already have happened ? I saw a news article that Japan was hit with a 6.1 quake a couple of days ago. Because it wasn't in a well-populated area, and there were no tsunamis - it didn't get much press coverage. Also, if this quake in Japan wasn't "the one" - then I'm curious if anyone knows past precedence for when the earth starts having a quake - is that it? Or is it a precursor for more quakes to follow in other parts of the world?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just checked out the USGS website for recent earthquake activity and found this;

USGS

Of course this isn't the "big one" but there's a possibility that something is starting to simmer.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by OllyOllyOxen]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beast87

There were rainbows in the sky two days ago but it haden't rained in 3 days, Northwest Arkansas around Bentonville.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Even though this is a post that would be better on the 10 thread. No, sorry it is not what is suppose to be, from my understand.

Webbot calls it the twin quakes.

One in the U.S. - possibly NW Pacific - but the details are at 32 to 36 degrees in the plains of food, another in "dancing mountains". I would assume the mountains are dancing from the movement.

Look, I would not take it so seriously, if they haven't had a 100% accuracy on all their EQ's predictions, they have been off by a day or two before, but not by the impact of them.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OllyOllyOxen

Yes, that is a find, interesting. Thank you for pointing that out.

I want to find out from people in Souther Missouri, if animals acted weird ahead of time. It was a very small one, but still there might have been something. It happened at 6:57am - so did anyone's dogs etc start acting up in the night? Again, it was a very small one, but maybe animals felt it still.

Any comments from people around there?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join