It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
The one thing in what you wrote.... is the fact "YOU HAVE NOT READ THE POST"!

As I wrote on the main thread - "this is not the place to debate if the earthquakes predicted will happen or not" - and it is pretty obvious what your belief is from your "thread" you started - "that makes fun and ridicules it".

But - you obviously did not read the links I have provided with the main thread post either. THERE IS REAL EVIDENCE of warnings from animals - leaving an earthquake area - ahead of time.

You may believe what you want - but the reality is - STRANGE THINGS are going on with animals right now - they are not behaving in a normal fashion in certain areas!

I will say once again - READ the links provided in the main thread and the post here - BEFORE you post something as you did above - Inform yourself - THEN make a decision.

Don't do this.. it hurts your cedibility.
You'll become just like all the other people and honestly, based on your initial writings, I thought you were different.

I said I didn't read the responses .. as in the replies to your initial post.
I did NOT say I didn't read the posts or the links you provided. (I did read them)

Again, I said I didn't read all the RESPONSES to your OP.

Just because I do not come to the same conclusions that you do does not mean I am not informed. Thinking that makes you EXTREMELY close minded and a hypocrite just like the rest of the crowd here.

My point stands as it will ALWAYS stand, what is strange to the uninformed, inexperienced or non observant person is NORMAL in many circumstances.

One wouldn't know what a strange cloud formation was unless he were an expert.. looking up in the sky once in a while doesn't qualify one as an expert.

One wouldn't know what strange behavior an animal is exhibiting unless he were an expert.. looking at some deer or swans every once in a while doesn't qualify one as an expert.

etc.. etc...

Then you have people on this forum throwing blanket COLD READINGS into your thread and you buy into in hook, line and sinker 100% without challenge at all.

"Are under the age of 10 kids acting strange"

Come on.. seriously? Who has kids figured out? Not me.
And what is "strange" anyway.. are they walking out of a corn field making creepy noises while their eyes turn red?

Ugg.. after your ill informed reply to me, I started to read the responses to prove my point and boy did I.

Several examples of cold readings are made (and then gratuitously "backed up")
Several examples of a lack of knowledge are asserted as "evidence"
We seem to have a dozen cloud and animal behavioral experts here..

Then the Pièce de résistance....
You seem to believe EVERYTHING someone tells you without question.

Nothing is critically looked at, NOTHING.
If someones goldfish is swimming the "wrong" way, thats somehow PROOF something bad is going to happen.

I really do not understand how some of you make it through life like this...

I did not intend to belittle you in any way but your first reply to me shows me you are not willing to hear any other side to your already made up mind. You accessed me as a non believer and then made up an excuse to dismiss my points. ("YOU HAVE NOT READ THE POST"!)
You either misunderstood my reply on purpose for your own needs or you just didn't bother reading it.

Thats makes you less credible than you try to come off.

About my "other" thread.
You'll notice I refrained from including my "ridicule" in this thread, I started my own because there are hundreds of us on ATS who are sick to death of nonsense prediction threads. It wasn't a parody on just you, you aren't that important to me sorry.

But if you want to bring it up, I can post it here....

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I have come across quite a bit of imformation about lights in the sky relating to earthquakes.

Please see the following links:

inamidst.com...

showme.net...

Earthquake lights
Earthquake lights have been seen since ancient times. 1811-12 New Madrid quake eyewitnesses saw them possibly from as far away as Savannah GA. They were first photographed in 1968 in Japan. USGS admits their existence.

Records of earthquakes that were accompanied by sky lights can be found in 373 BC in ancient Greek writings, that "immense columns of flame" foretold the earthquake that destroyed the cities of Helike and Bura.

However, even in the early 20th century they were still considered a myth, until photographs of actual lights were taken in Japan in the 1960s.

William Leigh Pierce, a traveler on the Mississippi, observed, "On the 30th of November, 1811 about one half hour before sun-rise, two vast electrical columns shot up from the eastern horizon, until their heads reached the zenith" -- from Feldman book

>> Photograph of earthquake lights, -- more on their possible causes

>>Earthquake lightning - pseudotachylites

>>Compendium "effects" - many short quotes - nine mentions of electrical lightning-type flashes.

The majority of reports, however, start to flood in in the 20th century. After the 1930 Idu Peninsula earthquake in Japan, for example, researchers collected over 1500 reports of unknown lights. And the Tangshan earthquake in China on 28th July 1976 was accompanied by a "colorful, flashing light display [that] was seen in the sky 200 miles away"*. In 1988 and 1999, the Saguenay region of Quebec had thirty eight instances of EQL activity, most of which were category three in Frederic Montandon's 1948 EQL taxonomy (in Lueurs et Malaises d'Origine Seismique?), as reported by Corliss (2000):

Seismic lightning (no thunder);
Luminous bands in atmosphere;
Globular incandescent masses;
Fire tongues, small mobile flames near the ground, like Will-o'-the wisps; and
Flames emerging from the ground.

In a landmark 2003 paper called Rocks That Crackle and Sparkle and Glow Friedemann T. Freund of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center proposed a theory that high-energy distortions of into p-type semiconductors allowing an electric charge cloud to rock can turn them propogate through the rock. Later work with France St. Laurent discusses this and its application to the Saguenay EQLs. Also in that year, Carl Raymond of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory found that an Inferometric-Synthetic Aperture Radar may be able to detect earthquakes before they happen.

There is much more information on the sites linked above.

I wanted to put this in, since so many people have been seeing strange things in the sky recently from North to South - in the mid section of the country.

Just as the article says - people in Savannah Georgia even saw these abnomalies before the Great Quake of 1811 along the New Madrid fault.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
not sure if this is of revelance to the thread but the region is not far from the New Madrid Fault

Olev63

Montserrat volcano erupts; fires in former capital
20 hours ago

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — The volcano on the tiny Caribbean island of Montserrat has burst into action, spewing columns of ash and hurling glowing red rocks that set vegetation and a few buildings ablaze in the island's deserted capital, scientists said Wednesday.

The explosion late Tuesday at the cloud-shrouded Soufriere Hills volcano — the first in nearly six months — occurred without any seismic activity, according to scientists who monitor any the volcano.

None of the island's 4,500 people were injured or evacuated.

Chief scientist Roderick Stewart said by telephone that bushes and a few buildings burned for several hours in Plymouth, the capital city that was abandoned when volcano erupted in 1997 and killed 19 people.

"I'm quite surprised there's still stuff that can burn there," Stewart said.

"This is the sort of event we've been expecting since the last explosion in July," Stewart said "It seemed to be triggered by a collapse."

The explosion on the western side of the volcano was smaller than when the lava dome partially collapsed in late July and spewed ash some 40,000 feet (12 kilometers) into the air. That explosion was preceded by about three days of earthquakes.

The Soufriere Hills volcano sprang to life in 1995. More than half the British Caribbean territory's 12,000 inhabitants moved away. An eruption in 1997 buried much of the south and killed 19 people.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Ohh come on Gormly......

Don't be such a spoilsport and join in the fun.....

No really ,i've also seen way to much predictions from webbot that turned out to be nothing (like N.Tesla already pointed out...) but you've gotta hand it to this guy that he is genuinly concerned and making lots of effort bringing it to the ATS users attention.

I say ,lets wait till the 15th and see what happens....if this turns out to be nothing (which it probably will!!) then i'm the first in line to ask what he thinks of this whole webbot thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Do you need to be an expert to understand that when thousands of frogs are swarming a city, something strange is going on?

Many normal, everyday folks took that as a bad omen, yet experts said it was a natural migration. Over 10,000 people were killed in the subsequent earthquake.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by VelmaLu]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wrong or not people should be prepared for anything. If you haven’t noticed the world isn't looking to great right now. We can all look at the news and see that. Terrorism, False flag operations, Economy ramifications, Food issues, Natural disasters and War is the tip of the iceberg.

If the webbot predictions don’t come true and you stock up on food that will be double the price after Christmas then you just made an investment. I think he politely asked the people that didn't want to contribute to the conversation to take their comments someplace other than this thread. I for one think that whatever happens its good to be prepared. Also if you haven’t noticed many people are doing this already have you not noticed the articles of bomb shelters being in vouge and food storing by the rich people?

Anyhoo I will be prepared for anything because I can feel something coming.

BTW Here is an article from Drudge report talking about an attack on IRAN if that happens then we could only wish for an earthquake!

www.jpost.com...

If you saw frogs coming out of the forest like the above picture I hope you will know to stay outside!

[edit on 4-12-2008 by arc de triumphe]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

"Folks,
The Seismic Window of December 10-17, 2008 will include the highest tidal force since 1993, based on the expremely close lunar perigee, just 4 hours before the Full Moon. Also the solsticial tides will reach a maximum on December 21s and we are nearing the yearly closest approach to the Sun (perihelion) on January 4th.

The tidal range at the Golden Gate has never measured more than 9.2 ft. and it will be 9.1 ft. on December 12th. (You may have noticed that the Secondary Window with the last New Moon produced severe flooding in Venice, Italy.

(What will the next Full Moon do do Venice, California?

Watch for SoCal quake(s) of 4.0-6.5M during the Seismic Window.
Watch forNorCal quakes of 4.0-6.5M during the Window.
Watch for Northwest quakes of 4.0-6.5M during the Window (WA/OR)
Watch for global quakes of 7.0+M, especially around the Ring of Fire.

All of these "watches" are my "official" predictions, with 85% confidence.

(I hit four of four during the Nov 11-18 past Window.) topped by the 5.4 off the coast of Oregon on Nov.14.)

job"

Taken from
www.syzygyjob.com...

I'm not completely familiar with his work, but he supposedly uses moon tidal flooding tables based upon Lunar Perigee (time when the moon is closest to earth to affect more gravitational pull on the earth).

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

Oh my, that pictures says it all. If I saw that I would freak, mostly because I don't like reptiles
, but also I would be feeling something is amiss...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by gormly

Ohh come on Gormly......

No really ,i've also seen way to much predictions from webbot that turned out to be nothing (like N.Tesla already pointed out...) but you've gotta hand it to this guy that he is genuinly concerned and making lots of effort bringing it to the ATS users attention.

I say ,lets wait till the 15th and see what happens....if this turns out to be nothing (which it probably will!!) then i'm the first in line to ask what he thinks of this whole webbot thing.

Thank you, btw: the "he" is a "she"

yes, I am concerned, and I have been studying the real time water tables and data from the U.S.G.S. site, which was provided in another post earlier today.

I am seeing (to me) some significant changes in a short amount of time - of where they keep tabs on water. I have been trying to go back and forth - to see if the changes (some by 2 feet - overnight) were from an excessive amount of rainfall. There was rain last yesterday and last night over the Madrid fault area. (I have concentrated on that - since it seems that is where most people have been from - who have posted strange behavior.) The rain - from what I can see - in totals was under 1", I am now trying to go back in history and see if less than 1" has affected those creeks etc to rise 2 feet overnight before.

Some areas - water has risen dramatically - some they have fallen - but since I am not a scientist and just trying to follow a trail - to see if there is "any" pattern throughout of water either rising or lower in a short amount of time.

I also have found another monitored water source - that even though there was rain - it has dropped over 1 foot - overnight.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Ohh come on Gormly......

I wasn't questioning her genuine concern.. only the inability to be a critical thinker. That and an outright misjudgement about what I did and did not do.

I applaud her concern and if the research pans out I will be the first to congratulate.. that is not the issue.

The issue I was bringing up (disregarding the webbot utter nonsense) is that animal, vapor and other areas of interest that many are claiming "unusual" are not always actually unusual and she is taking everything at face value.

She is looking for facts to support her theory not the other way around.
I can find a lot of evidence for just about anything I want if that is how I went about validating my theories.

There are too many people on ATS who use the 5 local senses as the be all end all. Many of us here say "looks like it to me" and then they are forever convinced.

There are many strange and wonderful experiences on Earth and the ones that end up being "unusual" or "different" from what someone would expect to observe do not automatically add up to END OF DAYS.

If I start a thread next week on an upcoming major earthquake I will eventually be correct, somewhere someday there will be an earthquake and if I hedge my bets and say it will come on a known fault line I will increase my odds at predicting it.

Doesnt make my "research" any more valid.

Hind sight is 20/20 and all reports of hindsight aren't true.
When someone says "we should have seen the signs before the earthquake in China" and someone replies "Yea because they reported 500 dogs chasing their own tail" that doesn't means that:

1. Dogs chasing tails is an indicator of a pending eartquake
2. That the report is truthful or accurate

But yet that happens here ALL the TIME.

Its just frustrating and there aren't enough of people like me to counter balance.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonage
Some food for thought:
Huge quake for Sumatra fault expected soon

Hey that's a really interesting story about the tension still available for release in the crust of the Earth in the form of earthquakes. Based on actual science! Thanks for posting it. We need more science on this board.

OMG! This link on the same page is a story about animals forcasting weather and other stuff

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

In their studies of seismic activity, a fair number of scientists suspect that animals are more sensitive to the relatively harmless P waves that precede an earthquake's strong S waves by a matter of seconds.

[edit on 12/4/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Yeah, all true but the OP is trying to actually move people to participate in an experiment which may result in a better understanding of earthquakes.

Instead of all the members on ATS sitting behind their keyboard ,she is (sorry about that ,i really didn't know you are a "she"....
) actually using this forum for a new and i think interesting way.

If you have comments please use the thread the OP placed in her first post

Ten days left.....

ohh and OP.....nice job.

star and flag

For the record, The Netherlands : nothing happing. No weird animal behaviour or waterlevels changing

[edit on 4/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I live in Washington state, the little town of Yelm, southeast of Olympia, which is the capitol. I have noticed more birds than normal. Many blue jays, crows, finches and robins and many other birds that I just don't know the names of. I have also seen the arrival of the Bald Eagle and some smaller hawks.
For the first time I have more squirrels as well as chipmunks. We have California Oaks on our property and a bumper crop of acorns this year. They are all fat and happy.
I have also seen so many raccoons - and for some reason many have been dead on the side of the road. I have not seen the deer that have always been here for the 20 years we have lived here, nor the huge herd of elk that our area is somewhat famous for.
The other morning I stepped out the back door and the smell of surfer hit me very hard. I had a hard time putting it together until I got on this site and starting reading all of your inputs.
I train horses and have about 20 on my place - along with my 4 dogs and my family. I watched all of them pretty closely. My animals are all acting pretty normal - but my neighbors dogs are doing something different. They are Husky/Elkhound mix. They howl at 10:00, 2:00, 4:00. ect. on the dot everyday. For the last week - they are not howling. There is nothing.
I did also notice a Robin attack a Finch and carry it off alive. I could hear it screaming through the woods. I was amazed. I didn't think Robins were carnivorous, neither did the Finch... because they were all just hanging out on a pile of branches not 4 inches from each other and boom it was done.
I will be watching my horses and see what they changes come over them in the next few weeks. Especially after smelling that surfer.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Hind sight is 20/20 and all reports of hindsight aren't true.
When someone says "we should have seen the signs before the earthquake in China" and someone replies "Yea because they reported 500 dogs chasing their own tail" that doesn't means that:

1. Dogs chasing tails is an indicator of a pending eartquake
2. That the report is truthful or accurate

But yet that happens here ALL the TIME.

Its just frustrating and there aren't enough of people like me to counter balance.

I'm glad there aren't more people like you distorting the information that has been posted.

There are a number of scholarly articles that support seismically-induced anomalous animal behavior, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. Repeating over and over again that it doesn't exist won't make you right.

It wasn't "dogs chasing their own tails", it was THOUSANDS OF FROGS migrating through a busy city right before an earthquake. The locals believed this to be a bad sign, likely because their ancestors had observed that when animals start fleeing an area, something bad is going to happen.

What is interesting is that you believe the report is somehow inaccurate or can't be truthful because it doesn't fit with your preconceived notions that animal behavior can't be a precursor to an earthquake. Who is a slave to their own beliefs?

So I'd like you to read the following and then share with all of us your peer-reviewed documentation on the topic. Then you can educate all of us poor, misguided folks.

Unusual animal behavior before earthquakes has long been studied in Asia (Abe, 1934; Biophysics Institute, 1977; Rikitake, 1976; Bushirk et al., 1981; Ikeya, 1998), but rarely believed by western geophysicists. A large number of reports on unusual animal behavior before the Kobe earthquake in 1995, Japan were collected. . . Similar reports were collected after the Izmit earthquake in Turkey and 921 earthquake in Taiwan in 1999.

Linky

Search for Earthquake Precursors in Multidisciplinary Data Monitoring of Geophysical and Biological Parameters

Water Level Changes in Shallow Wells Before and After the 1999 Izmit and Duzce Earthquakes and Comparison With Long-Term Water Level Observations

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hi, I just wanted to kind of give everyone a heads up in what is happening in Southeast Missouri. For starters, I live in Piedmont Missouri which is a highly active area with UFOs. Over the past two months they are almost here 3 out of 7 days a week. They are no longer just hovering orange balls, they are now darting, diving, taking off at unimaginable speeds. But with all this usually it does not affect our wildlife populaion and for some reason they themselves are not acting their usual deerish ways. For example, they are darting, confused, not bedding down, and almost seem to just of disappeared. What is even more bizzare is that the foxes in our area are running around like domesticated dogs. You might get lucky and see a fox once a year, but the last month, I see them everytime I road trip. Also, I personally have not seen this, but reports in my small town are that black panthers are actually out and getting closer to humans than they did in the past. I bet we have gone 10 years with no reports of panthers and from June on I know I personally have heard from 5 different people about a panther approaching them. I'm just saying something is off, not sure what but something is diffenitly off.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
I'm glad there aren't more people like you distorting the information that has been posted.

There are a number of scholarly articles that support seismically-induced anomalous animal behavior, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. Repeating over and over again that it doesn't exist won't make you right.

you missed my point entirely.

First, I didn't deny anything.. and I am not repeating something that "doesn't exist" over and over. You can pretend and proclaim I am being a distorting jerk over and over and it will not make it so .. either.

Unfortunately there are a LOT of pople like You who knee jerk the same way without actually reading or understanding what I am saying.

But that is NO surprise.

Where did I say animals cannot detect seismic acivity? Point that out for me will you? Then point out where I said it over and over.

When you do, I will apologize, until then.. you should.

I didn't dismiss the "thousands of frogs" report. That would certainly perk me up to finding out what was up... I am dismissing the average Joe saying children are acting strange and swans are flying in circles.

Irrelevant and unprovable "expert" evaluations.

You know, for all the sqauking about opening your mind and filling it up with knowledge, when someone comes in who doesn't 100% agree with you all, you sure do misinterpret and misdirect a boatload.

Yeah, all true but the OP is trying to actually move people to participate in an experiment which may result in a better understanding of earthquakes.

Yea.. I'd stand up and cheer...except for the fact that she used webbot as a starting point and point of reference. Other than that and it would have been peachy.

webbot....

It's like having reams of data on global warming and then pointing to Uncle Joe who said "it got hot" last summer as a talking point.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by gormly]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Don't know if you believe in prophetic dreams or not but after reading earthquake predictions I asked God to give me a dream about where the earthquakes is going to be.
The next two nights I dreamed about being in college again. The college I went to is in Tennessee! I pray that this minimal if it happens.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Hmhm....yeah okay.

use this one...
10 days....

It's all about the web bot and the idiots that believe in it......

As for non-scientist not being able to notice weird animal behaviour...you'd be surprised. My wife can look at a horse and tell if something is wrong with it. She is absolutly no scientist. People who love their animals can tell when something is "up"

Let it go....or tell it on the other thread....peace

Typossssss

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Where did I say animals cannot detect seismic acivity? Point that out for me will you? Then point out where I said it over and over.

When you do, I will apologize, until then.. you should.

I didn't dismiss the "thousands of frogs" report. That would certainly perk me up to finding out what was up... I am dismissing the average Joe saying children are acting strange and swans are flying in circles.

Irrelevant and unprovable "expert" evaluations.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by gormly]

I am sorry if I misunderstood your position. I am sorry if I have caused any harm to you. That was not my intention. Please accept my apology.

I think this is an issue of miscommunication. The so-called "experts" in the West are unwilling to study animal behavior as a precursor to an earthquake. The OP believes that IF an earthquake does hit, this would be a great opportunity to gather anectdotal information before one does.

Maybe an earthquake hits, maybe it doesn't. But if it does hit, do you see the value of having people report strange animal behavior in their area? It might even compel researchers to do this in the future and possibly save lives. . . like those of our children.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join