It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I began the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
"10 days before predicted Huge Earthquakes"

Different people posted VERY interesting happenings in the Eastern Arkansas and Western Tennessee and Western Kentucky regarding animal behaviors there recently.

I began researching animal behaviors before earthquakes and found there are very distinct warnings from animals before earthquakes and tsunamis.

Links:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.sheldrake.org...

www.fascinatingearth.com...

These are just a few of the many articles of how animals have behaved days and weeks before earthquakes.

Another thing that happens days and weeks before earthquakes are water tables rising and with wells, ponds and lakes bubbling.

One person (Greenize) on the other thread linked above on ATS, in Western Kentucky- mentioned how on Thanksgiving day, they saw something they had never seen before...
Buzzards in flocks were leaving the area along with black birds.

Another person has mentioned how they have been seeing some weird things happening in the sky over Eastern Arkansas lately.

What I would like for people to do here....

Please post what is happening in your area (earthquake prone) that is strange animal, water, sky behavior.

BTW: China has perfected this to a point. They did a study in an earthquake area, and they assigned people to watch different things over two years time. (They expected an earthquake during that time).
When people began reporting, animals were leaving the area and others reported water tables were rising, they then evacuated the town of one million people. After 2 days of the town being evacuated a 7.3 earthquake hit. By them observing these different areas of possible warnings, a million lives were completely saved!

Please this is not a thread to debate the fact if earthquakes are going to happen or not between Dec. 10th - 15th - you can do that on the other thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is for people to seriously post ---- strange behaviors of animals, water and sky happenings in their area.

BTW: This thread is meant to POSSIBLY SAVE LIVES, by people being alerted by "real" strange and odd happenings by animals, water and sky - so they can make a decision if they want to leave the area or not.

If people post things that are happening - honestly - that are abnormal - then I encourage them to alert people near them and even possibly authorities in that area. If we all do it together, I believe people can help each other and lives could be saved - if earthquake animal, water and sky warnings are taken seriously that may be happening.

This is an alert system/thread no matter where you are in the world - since earthquakes are happening everywhere right now.

Also if you have pictures of any of these things - I am sure we would all love to see them - please post them!

UPDATE: there are great post about strange behaviors - but, some people are just saying "my area". Please post what area you are seeing odd behavior.

Also please see this quote from the "National Geographic link"

More research is needed and is long overdue, said Sheldrake, who proposes a special hotline or Web site where people could call or write in if they saw strange behavior in their animals. A computer would then analyze the incoming messages to determine where they originated. A sudden surge of calls or e-mails from a particular region might indicate that a quake was imminent. Such a project would capture the imagination of millions of people

UPDATE 2 - I have emailed Sheldrake from the article - asking him to join us in this thread - I will let you know when/if I hear from him.

NEW INFORMATION: ATS Animal Behavior Open Map

[edit on 12/3/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
interesting thread. i haven't really noticed anything in the dfw area as of late. however i noticed some birds acting weird before the 2 earthquakes that happened recently. ill keep my eye on the skies (not many lakes here
)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good Idea OP,

I don't see the reason for the obsession with it being an event in the USA only? on this and many other threads to do with this.

From what I have read on it its not nation specific so the event could be anywhere in the world.

But considering the Madrid issue, and the liklihood of such an event happening on the San Andreas Fault, and the strange behaviour you have collated it is good to look at those but also IMHO any such strange behaviour.

One thing that has happened this Fall in the US is the lack of Acorns! and maybe just maybe this is an undiscovered pre emptive signal too?

Acorns Missing

Also don't forget the other very apparent sign always being, the lights in the sky first, which has been observed on many many times, and is the final warning, maybe using this system ATS could get the message out quickly?

An earthquake light is an unusual luminous aerial phenomenon, similar in appearance to the aurora borealis, that allegedly appears in the sky at or near areas of tectonic stress, seismic activity or volcanic eruptions. Scientific evidence for the presence of lights is unreliable, given that there are few references documenting the phenomenon.

The lights are most evident while an earthquake is occurring, although there are reports of lights occurring before or after the earthquake, such as before the 1976 Tangshan earthquake. They usually have shapes similar to those of the auroras, with a white to bluish hue, but occasionally they have been reported having a wider color spectrum. The luminosity is typically visible for several seconds, but has been known to last for tens of minutes. In the 1930 Idu earthquake, lights were reported up to 70 miles from the epicentre, although most lights are not so far away.

There have also been cases in which electromagnetic waves caused by the earthquake interfered with radio transmissions, such as during the Great Chilean Earthquake of 1960.

Earthquake Lights Wiki

And was filmed in the recent Sichuan Earthquake in China:

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
All really good to know. I am on the West coast, so I will be watching here, too. It could end up being the San Andreas that goes off.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I live in northern Kentucky, and prior to reading this thread, my husband and I were just talking about not seeing the birds come to our feeder recently. It can't be that we're just missing seeing them because the seed level in the feeder has been the same for the past several weeks.

It kind of strikes me as odd because when the temperatures get colder, as they are now, the cardinals normally visit the feeder more frequently...not less.

I'm not sure if it might be related to your topic or not, but I thought I'd share the information with you since you were asking if we noticed any unusual animal behavior.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I live in Northeastern Arkansas and I have noticed that I have no rabbits in my yard. THis started about 2 days before Thanksgiving. I was talkingto my brother, and he said he hasn't seen any signs of squirels feeding on the pecan trees in our orchard, on the wild trees nearby. He hasn't seen any squirrels either. I have two in my back yard that don't seem to be going onywhere.
I haven't seen anything strange in the sky, day or night, I'll continue to keep my eyes open.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
In 1986 when the US space shuttle Challenger exploded, there were commentaries that birds were not seen in the air at that time, that they were on the ground instead. This led to suggestions that a disturbance existed in the air at that time that contributed to the dooming of the Challenger (Its fuel tanks exploded), There were allegations that the Russians deployed an undetected atmospheric weapon over Houston, perhaps similar to HAARP that caused birds so much difficulty flying that they had to be grounded.

Back to the subject, I live on the West coast and when I took my dog for a walk this morning he didn't seem like he was really into it but hey, maybe he wasn't into it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I know I'm not in the Arkansas area but from what I gather this could happen anywhere (plus there's two of them, one in mountainous area) I am currently in Wyoming and I have noticed something a little out of the norm. I have been traveling from Wyoming to Colorado quite a bit recently and I've began to notice some odd things I've just recently in the past week have been seeing huge herds of Antelope and deer near the interstate much more than I usually see anyway. But that may be normal, I'm not a Hunter so I don't know much about the subject. Also friend of mine from Montana told me they had to extend the hunting season for elk by a month because people can barely find any! He told me that was rare and the reason for having the extended date is because scientists want to test them for a disease, but haven't had any corpses to do so on!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey west coast that is my prediction over a huge earthquake around 12 december 2008.
Can u please send time to time an update to me?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom

I live in northern Kentucky, and prior to reading this thread, my husband and I were just talking about not seeing the birds come to our feeder recently. It can't be that we're just missing seeing them because the seed level in the feeder has been the same for the past several weeks.

We noticed the same thing. We seemed to hover at about 1/3 full for a month or so but we've also had a ton of rain. I dumped the seed out (much to the squirrels delight) and put new seed in. Now the chickadees and huthatches are back and there's even a blue jay around. The goldfinches are back on the thistle feed also. It seems to be getting colder here sooner on the average. Maybe the cold caught them by suprise and they are in over in Russia. kidding mostly on the last part.

[edit on 12/2/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It kind of strikes me as odd because when the temperatures get colder, as they are now, the cardinals normally visit the feeder more frequently...not less.

I'm not sure if it might be related to your topic or not, but I thought I'd share the information with you since you were asking if we noticed any unusual animal behavior.

I am in Tennessee, and I don't have any Cardinals here now - come to think of it! In fact my bird feeder is right outside my window full of seed, and not a single bird has come here for a few days.
After you wrote this post, I have been looking out the windows and have only seen one bird - that is very unusual.
I am going to be watching my cat - I am not right at the fault - but someone who is, has said they have seen plasma like colors in the sky.

With all the earthquakes happening all over the world, I hope people will write what is happening no matter where they are in the world. It is an alert system.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Same here with the bird feeder not being touched. I live in Western Ky and it was my family that saw the huge never ending swarm of buzzards and black birds. Another thing that struck me as odd today, I saw 3 dead kitties on my way home in three different areas on the road and I work less that 10 miles from home. I do not mention that to be morbid, only to point out that maybe the cats were on the move due to sensing something...I hope not!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know I am comforted in my area when thousands of tiny birds keep hanging out in my yard.....Also, the birds that usually fly SOUTH for the winter, seemed to come back a few weeks ago.....we figured they must think it is gonna be warm here this year.

The thing is I am on the NORTHERN west coast, right up behind the island, and moved here because it feels safe and protected frm the island etc....

So many think west coast, but mabey just southern???? Vancouver may be not in the greatest spot either though?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Same here with the bird feeder not being touched. I live in Western Ky and it was my family that saw the huge never ending swarm of buzzards and black birds. Another thing that struck me as odd today, I saw 3 dead kitties on my way home in three different areas on the road and I work less that 10 miles from home. I do not mention that to be morbid, only to point out that maybe the cats were on the move due to sensing something...I hope not!

did you get any pictures of that? Sorry I did not use your name, but I had looked through the other thread and my computer kept hanging up. I will put your name on the thread (giving you credit for that sighting)

You are the main reason why I researched animal behaviors before earthquakes, since what you saw is VERY strange.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

strange the internet blinked off here a bit today here too , and it was everwhere in the area, because there were no networks in range, and there are usually almost 8 or so when I look.....

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Cardinals all over my yard, little birds of all kinds by the millions here in Missouri. So many Geese which usually fly south for the winter, and have been on the same track for many years kept flying back and forth for days. We lost track of which direction they finally went.

As for my cats, they are CRAZY! They act like they are starving, they are fat and have always been well cared for. They run in a pack ahead of me to the kitchen and jump up on their food area, they jump into the trashcan where we keep the pet food to eat out of the bag, but if I take the bag and place it on the feeding shelf, they wont eat it there and run and jump in the trashcan when I open it to feed the dogs...

My dogs wont eat out of their own bowls, they want ANYONES but their own.

The chickens are attacking when we step into the coop, they have always been like pets, so yes Id say my pets are acting strange.

And the coyotes are howling alot, I almost cried when I heard them the other night, they seem so intense about something...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

No we didn't. I wish that we had. Hindsight is 20/20, as I said at the time we didn't think anything about it, although I did learn that after I had gone in my dad mentioned to my brothers that he hoped it didn't mean there was an earthquake coming. We have lived here all of my life and as I said my dad is 65 and said he had never seen anything like that in his life.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'll try emptying out the seeds in my feeder and put in fresh the way you did. Maybe then I'll get more visitors. Thanks for the suggestion, stikkinikki.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Cardinals all over my yard, little birds of all kinds by the millions here in Missouri. So many Geese which usually fly south for the winter, and have been on the same track for many years kept flying back and forth for days. We lost track of which direction they finally went.

As for my cats, they are CRAZY! They act like they are starving, they are fat and have always been well cared for. They run in a pack ahead of me to the kitchen and jump up on their food area, they jump into the trashcan where we keep the pet food to eat out of the bag, but if I take the bag and place it on the feeding shelf, they wont eat it there and run and jump in the trashcan when I open it to feed the dogs...

My dogs wont eat out of their own bowls, they want ANYONES but their own.

The chickens are attacking when we step into the coop, they have always been like pets, so yes Id say my pets are acting strange.

And the coyotes are howling alot, I almost cried when I heard them the other night, they seem so intense about something...

Wow, the animals all seem like they are running around in circles.
Did you read those articles that are linked in the thread?

That is one of the tell tale signs of earthquakes - animals confused (not knowing which direction to go to), irratic behavior of dogs and cats. (Dogs may even get more vicious like closer to earthquakes (biting).

Did the geese finally fly away?

Having a camera with you and getting pictures of animal happenings can really help. If we compile pictures of odd behaviors, later they can even be given to scientist to prove there is a correlation between animal behaviors and earthquakes. It seems the U.S. disregards it, but elsewhere in the world, animals are their alert system.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I am going to be watching my cat - I am not right at the fault - but someone who is, has said they have seen plasma like colors in the sky.

Any chance of them taking pictures or video of the plasma colors in the sky?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join