It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is interesting.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on my rabbits. I'm in western KY and the last earthquake we had they were being super spazzy. The night it happened, I let them out for their nightly run about the house and they were doing overly enthusiastic binkies (the cute jumpy thing they do when they're happy) and suddenly stopped binkying and began thumping for about an hour straight...then the earthquake hit. It was little, but still. They knew it was coming.

If I see any super jumps or hear any incessant thumping from my rabbits I'll post it here!

edited for typo!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Heatburger]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom
reply to post by questioningall

I live in northern Kentucky, and prior to reading this thread, my husband and I were just talking about not seeing the birds come to our feeder recently. It can't be that we're just missing seeing them because the seed level in the feeder has been the same for the past several weeks.

It kind of strikes me as odd because when the temperatures get colder, as they are now, the cardinals normally visit the feeder more frequently...not less.

I'm not sure if it might be related to your topic or not, but I thought I'd share the information with you since you were asking if we noticed any unusual animal behavior.

This is strange I would hear this as I have been telling my wife the same thing here in Northwest Indiana. My bird feeder has been completely full for almost a week now, when usually this time of year and in this weather it lasts only a day and a half. There could very well be something to this. Good luck to you and remember for your family's sake the triangle of life.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have been in Texas in The Woordlands area north of Houston since a bit before U.S. Thanksgiving Day. Over the last week we have seen strange clouds that looked like someone had cut out big circles with a cookie cutter. The edges of the circles were like wild rainbows of colour, something like one might see on a oil slick.... Made me think of HAARP.

Today as we were driving up a small road in one of the villages there were three vultures on the ground very near the road. It would have been easy for a motorist to run over them. They seemed to be confused. No sign of roadkill.

Then way out in the countryside in the middle of nowhere an enormous flock of pigeons flying very elaborate patterns in the sky. I have never seen pigeons in the countryside like this. Usually I associate them with certain large cities like London, UK.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Great Thread!

I just thought that I would add to the list of birds flocking the wrong direction. I'm in Michigan and I usually see tons of geese flying south this time of year. I havn't noticed many this year but the two that I did see were flying East and in large numbers! Hopefully their GPS kicked in later because heading East isn't going to help their cause!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Unusual animal activity- my cat has been more affectionate to me in the past 24 hours than in the past 6 months? lmao

I live in Lexington Kentucky (central KY) and there are plenty of birds here. Infact this past weekend, I saw hundreds of them in flocks- their normal migrational patterns.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
I live in the southern suburbs of Chicago, a pretty rural area, and just saw a couple things today that were strange.

Not really a lack of wildlife, rather more than usual.

First I saw not one but FOUR pairs of Cardinals eating seeds off some brush at the edge of our property. This is strange because I know there is ONE pair that lives in the area, but I have never in 18 years of living here seen more than one pair at a time. Could be coincidence I guess.

But then I looked out into the field behind our house. And I saw two coyotes. Not uncommon, I've heard them howl some nights as there are a couple of tree patches perfect for a den in the field. What was strange was that it snowed last night, there were no clouds and it was bright white snow ... and the coyotes were just kinda standing around looking at each other, then walked with no sense of urgency from one treeline to the next.

Again, in 18 years I have never seen any coyote in daylight in this field, aside from one sprinting out of the brush when some jackass with an ATV ran into it.

Our subdivision stopped construction 12 years ago and there has been no other development near the field, so I've ruled that out. Could be just more animals moving in from other areas, but when I watched them I couldn't help shake the feeling that both the cardinals and coyotes were fleeing northward ...

The post above yours is also from Chicago, it seems like there are some things happening, especially is animals are going North instead of South.
The New Madrid fault actually goes all the way up to Chicago, and Illinios had that earthquake in the South in April.
Please watch and see if other animals are look like they are leaving.

Amazing how birds are not around in many places right now in the whole central and southern region of the states.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

That's right! My usually very antisocial cat has been a sweetheart for the past week or so, no reason why that I can think of.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wow, great thread. Please make sure if you are reporting animal behavior to post where you live though! That's kind of the point, afterall!

Anyway, I've noticed pigeons flying in some unusual flock formations of 15 to 20 when they normally just hang out in small bunches but I am not sure if that is anything. What freaked me out for a second is that I had a dream last night where I knew I was going to be in a large earthquake. The setting did not seem like my apartment but it was a brick building and I was staying there. I paid special attention to pack an overnight bag for some reason, and I took it with me. The problem was the way the building was set up, I had no easy cover or escape available to me. The dream caused me to wake up in a little of a panic which rarely happens to me. I dismiss the dream as being influenced from reading the ATS earthquake thread yesterday and give it no more thought as I started my day.

The reason I dismissed it was because I live and work in NYC. So today was a rough day at work, I get home late and clean up my kitchen. Then I sit down to watch some tube and relax (and try to forget that my company just laid off 20% of our workforce today). So lo and behold on Discovery they have a special running on a New York earthquake. WTF.

I work in the Empire State Building. I live in a brownstone. According to this special I'd be fubar either way if their scenario were to pan out. It seems unlikely, but what are the odds of the vivid dream and then the special? Oh, and of course they happen to show my exact neighborhood as one that would be hit the worst... they just showed a brownstone just like mine and what would happen to it (floors would collapse inside) and then they showed a view from down the street from me. Seriously!

The icing on the cake is that I had two 11:11 moments just now during the show (I keep having to hit pause) as was reading this thread. The clock in my bedroom is off from the one on my cable box. I got up for no reason, walked into my room, realized I still have to put sheets on my bed, turn and there it was. Several minutes later I am at my desk posting this, check to see what channel the special was on so I could put that earlier in the post and 11:11 again.

Yeah. Great. I mean, wtf is that?
I am usually a very pragmatic guy but this is getting just a little weird.
And sorry if this is a threadjack for not being animal related... well, I guess I could be considered one.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nothing unusual here in Maryland other than the dog started barking at nothing 2 nights ago. She was inside and did not want to go outside though which is a little weird.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have not noticed anything strange with the animals (because I am admittedly not paying any attention to them, although I probably will now)
But I HAVE been paying attention to my sky lately.
It's been really freaky.
All the clouds have been strange colors - they have looked kind of 'dirty'
They've been a disgusting brown. And yet, sometimes, there will be brown clouds mixed with REALLY blue clouds. The blue clouds look like average rain clouds, only they are this BEAUTIFUL shade of dark blue instead of gray.
So I have been getting either these very beautiful clouds or these extremely ugly brown clouds, and they have all been mixed together.

And they've been the weirdest shapes too. A lot of them look like they were painted on and some of them look like they are exhaust.
It's very strange.
They don't look natural.

I'm on the Northwest Coast of the US though. So, I don't know if it has anything to do with the earthquake. I just thought I'd share it with you. It's really been freaking me out. It's been going one for at least all of November, if not longer.
And if anyone else is in the Seattle area and has noticed this, I'd be really happy if you told me!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
East Central Wisconsin here. Nothing out of the oridinary, plenty of birds, squirrels, rabbits, deer, etc.
All six of my cats behaving normally...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

With respect to the prismatic clouds, I've seen and photographed them here with no Earthquake following for quite some time (I'm near Seattle which is fairly earthquake prone).

These are over a broader area than the ones that I've seen and photographed, but if you search the term you'll find they are not all that uncommon.

I'm not saying there is no possible connection, I just would hate to see people get all alarmed when they see these because they are also not that uncommon in the absence of earthquakes.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
maybe we should be pin pointing posters notice of animal strangeness on a map to try and pin point some sort of point of origin of the possible pending earthquake.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
groundbreakin' like an earth quake - wayne (forgot about me) facemob

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I didn't notice anything in the DAY time, but at NIGHT the clouds seem as if they are glowing.....bright, as if they have a light in them??? Kinda pretty i guess.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
southwest ohio here

this thread is just to much of a coincidence

i was telling my mother of a possible upcoming earthquake because of the things i had been hearing, well

after talking to here i looked out the window and there were at least 300 birds on my neighbors yard, and not a single bird on any of the other lawns

now i live in a cold-a-sac and we always have birds around us because of the small amount of activity outside (like cars)

i cant figure out why every bird was just walking around my neighbors yard, there had to be at least 300 birds, i went outside to try and get a picture but the door opening scattered all the birds

i will continue to keep my eyes open

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The only strange behavior I can report is a flock of 100 or so birds flying around, all of them black except one white. They all basically flew around in circles for the 10 minutes I was watching them. It looked like they were practicing, since half of them would be up in the air, and the other half would be on the power lines, switching places with other birds consistently, but again, that's pretty normal for birds.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I live in Wyoming and have been experiencing some very odd things. We had an out of season hail storm with thunder today. In 50 years my mother has never experienced anything like it, much less in December. We also usually have had a considerable amount of snow by now. I know my friends have all had poor luck hunting, and I have seen some animals act fairly odd. This may be coincidental but I know of 3 people feinting in the last week as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
star and flag OP:
I'll add my observations from the S.W. corner of Missouri. I haven't seen any squirrels the last 2-3 days. i haven't seen any birds either.

This time of year i always see flocks of wild Canadian geese flying over my house. i live between 2 preserves for them. in the morning they fly south and the evening they fly back to the one north of me. the last week or 2 i haven't seen any geese.

The Dogs in my neighborhood seem to be more tense than usual and bark at nothing.

I haven't seen any rabbits this fall either. and its deer hunting season here and i have yet to see a deer wonder into the neighborhood from the bordering wooded area. usually i see about 10 a morning.

The weather here has been pretty crazy this year more tornadoes and severe storms than usual. this fall has been colder than usual with some warmer than usual days. we have already received our first snow which we usually don't get until after Christmas.

as for acorns well there isn't as many in my yard this year as years past, but that could be because after the big ice storm here in January i trimmed most of my trees back away from the power lines.

I don't know how much i can contribute my observations to an upcoming earthquake or how much to contribute to the funky weather we are getting in my neck of the woods this year. BUt i thought I'd Add my observations so maybe it'll help out.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Noticed someone fromthe DFW area posted. I am from the same area and we had a rare earthquake her about a month ago that was felt by many residents. Noiced also on a usgs website that there were several small 3.0 quakes here a couple of days ago about the same time as some New Madrid quakes. I am wondering if we are a precursor to those quakes (the butterflys wings) or an aftereffect.

Whatever, I will pay attention to the animals in my neck of the woods. Great thread

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join