It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I spoke with a friend who lives on Vancouver Island. He is studying to become a marine biologist.

Anyhow he has not noticed anything unusual about the wildlife in that area but will keep his eyes open. And he does live amongst a lot of wildlife so I trust his opinion.

As for the other areas, around the New Madrid fault, it might be a good idea to contact anyone who studies wildlife as they would probably be the best people to contact if you're wondering about strange behaviours in animals.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by seeker11]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingAround

That's odd that you mention the mood of people around you waiting for something to happen. That's how I've felt for the past couple of weeks. Just waiting for the other shoe to fall. What it will be I don't know. Just a feeling. Hopefully, it's just me being an overwrought female.

Nothing strange going on in my part of Oklahoma. Lot's of deer, coyote (saw one dead on the highway this morning) and birds. We've never had an over-abundance of squirrel and rabbit though so I can't comment on their activity or lack thereof. We have horses and I've been watching them for unusual behavior but nothing so far.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've been reading ATS for a while out of boredom, but registered recently to post on this thread, however I can help.
I live in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio, and I have to say there isn't really anything unusual. On the news this morning, though, there was a story on a dog that got stuck in a drainage pipe or something like that. Dunno if it's relevant, but I don't have any idea why a dog would run into that thing.

EDITEDIT - Link refuses to work.
oh well.

I haven't been seeing as many animals lately, either, but I think I know why. It's been below freezing the majority of the time for the past 3 weeks or so. Neither of my cats are acting weird, either. Actually, if anything, they seem happier.
Whenever my stepdad goes out for a smoke, one of them still wants to head outside (she's been doing that for years, not abnormal) so I don't think that's a factor.

Last week, I saw a pretty decent-sized squirrel stuffing its face sitting outside the school by one of the big trees, too. None of the neighborhood dogs seem to be acting any different than normal, and I saw a flock of birds today for the first time in a while. They seemed normal, too, but it looked like they were having a hard time choosing which tree to perch on.
Oh, and yesterday, my bus driver almost hit a rabbit. So those guys are still around, as usual. My stepdad said he still sees them as well.

The only thing I can think of is that dog getting stuck in the pipe. There haven't been any strange cloud formations, animals acting weird, or the like. It seems pretty normal around here, though I think we did have a tremor in April that was centered somewhere in that Arkansas-Illinois area. Was really subtle. I didn't even feel it, I was asleep at the time. I'd have liked to, though.
My mom, who was in the next room at the time said she felt it. That quake was a pretty long time ago, but I don't know how long tremors and earthquakes can be spaced apart, so no judging from me there.

I really hope that this earthquake doesn't happen, or anything else of the like. Thousands of peoples' lives and homes will likely be destroyed, and I don't want to see that happen. Good job with this thread, though, I like it.

EDIT -

Ahh, I forgot - I asked a couple friends who live in various areas of the US if they've seen anything strange. One of them who lives in central Minnesota (Foreston, specifically) said that she hasn't seen anything odd. Another who lives in North Carolina (dunno exactly where) said some dogs are acting weird, and squirrels seem to be randomly running around as if they were confused. I think he said more, but I can't remember it at the moment...

If I can, I'll ask a few more people.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Okami-Chan]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ktmac
I live in Washington state, the little town of Yelm, southeast of Olympia, which is the capitol. I have noticed more birds than normal. Many blue jays, crows, finches and robins and many other birds that I just don't know the names of. I have also seen the arrival of the Bald Eagle and some smaller hawks.
For the first time I have more squirrels as well as chipmunks. We have California Oaks on our property and a bumper crop of acorns this year. They are all fat and happy.
I have also seen so many raccoons - and for some reason many have been dead on the side of the road. I have not seen the deer that have always been here for the 20 years we have lived here, nor the huge herd of elk that our area is somewhat famous for.
The other morning I stepped out the back door and the smell of surfer hit me very hard. I had a hard time putting it together until I got on this site and starting reading all of your inputs.
I train horses and have about 20 on my place - along with my 4 dogs and my family. I watched all of them pretty closely. My animals are all acting pretty normal - but my neighbors dogs are doing something different. They are Husky/Elkhound mix. They howl at 10:00, 2:00, 4:00. ect. on the dot everyday. For the last week - they are not howling. There is nothing.
I did also notice a Robin attack a Finch and carry it off alive. I could hear it screaming through the woods. I was amazed. I didn't think Robins were carnivorous, neither did the Finch... because they were all just hanging out on a pile of branches not 4 inches from each other and boom it was done.
I will be watching my horses and see what they changes come over them in the next few weeks. Especially after smelling that surfer.

I have never heard of a Robin doing something like that - it really is odd.

Did you ever figure out where the sulphur smell was coming from?
Do you have a well or pond near by?

the reason I am asking that is;

If you look at the water information about what happens from:
pubs.usgs.gov...

Sulphur smells happen - due to gases coming up and has been known to happen in relationship with EQs.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

HI Gormly;

thank you for all of your input - we understand where you are coming from - I respect your opinions on things.

I was going to ignore all the rest of your posts, but it seems you won't leave well enough alone.

And in the attitude of my not actually being "closed minded" I am going to ask you to now "Respect" what we as an ATS community are trying to do.

Though you may not agree with it - that is okay, as everyone has their own opinions on things and sees things differently than others.

Which is wonderful and makes our world diverse and exciting at the same time and creates checks and balances.

I am going to ask you very nicely, to please post the type of post you are in the other thread I had created. (10 day - thread)

I think all of us, who have been working on this - I have been learning and studying many different areas, due to what people have posted here - including (almost all day) water table information.

I do not claim to be an expert, nor do I claim that every single post is absolute - (I never did), but I can also tell you, I have emailed many of the experts in these various fields - so I can give them information that is coming out of these posts - so they can better decipher them.

Now in saying all that, please - let us conduct our "project" that we are doing right now - and I respectfully ask you to please do anymore postings you feel the need to, that debates what we are doing in the (10 day thread).

Thank you and I appreciate your understanding - in advance.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Okay, the interactive map project has been open for the past day and I now have some extra data. Before I post any of the data I must get this out of the way: I am not a geologist nor am I a vet. The following information is part of an experiment and I do not condone taking any action based on this information alone!

What I did was put point on the map according to type of report. In some areas people claim normal activity, in others people claim odd activity. The activity could be due to lunar phase, geographic change, or just bad information based on suggestion of activity from this thread. Nobody knows for certain!

In other words, TAKE THIS INFO WITH A GRAIN OF SALT because it is non-scientific in the sense that the data was not collected over a large sample and the method was via this discussion thread which in itself poses many problems. In any event, some trends did seem to emerge.

Here is the color key for the points plotted on the map:
Green - Plenty of birds/animals or more than usual
Green - Household pets acting normal
Yellow - Bird/animal activity, unusual migrations
Orange - No birds/animals around
Brown - Household pets acting up
Purple - Unusual clouds, sky, lights etc.

This first map is the data points:

This second map is colored in based on my un-professional opinion of how the data presented seems to group together:

Does this mean an earthquake will hit the New Madrid area? Not exactly.
Yes, the data looks interesting, but it could be pointing to something else like geomagnetic field fluctuations, weather patterns, or just matching the distribution of ATS visitors! Hindsight will be the ONLY way this data may be properly assessed. If an event does happen, and it does match this map, then we will have a much better theory to go off of before the next big one. As of right now, there is nothing that may be concluded by this information. If you happen to live in an earthquake prone zone, it is up to you and you alone whether or not you feel you should stock up on supplies 'just in case'. To me, this is an interesting exercise but overall I cannot be comfortable drawing any real conclusions based on the loose data collection method, the low amount of data points, and the large geographic region involved.

The map is located here.

**edited to fix mangled URLs**

[edit on 4-12-2008 by nydsdan]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here's a constant update of the most recent earthquakes throughout the world. Site includes depth of vibrations, location (lat/long and region), time, magnitude, etc. The vibrations are recorded by known research facilities. You can refresh the site throughout the day for the most up-to-date information.

I hadn't seen the site posted in this forum and don't know how useful it would be to compare with the map setup by another user re: "weird" animal/weather events, but it's interesting nonetheless. Also, seeing as how I'm not a seismologist (let alone involved in any science-related field) I can't speak to how you'd guage tremors in one area insofar as they indicate an upcoming major earthquake in the same area vs. another area.

link   
I forgot, I have a spring behind my house and it has been up about two feet. Also, the orange balls have not been spotted in a week (Wonder where they went?) I spoke with several local hunters and they said this past rifle season was scarce (Conservation says shouldn't be) Also, the lake is down, but my spring is up? And as far as human behavior goes, it just seems to me that everyone is short with eachother and not on the same level. Things are weird here in SEMO!

link   
[edit on 4-12-2008 by openmindforyou]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I live in northeastern Texas, near the borders of Arkansas and Louisiana. I've noticed odd changes in the past week or so, though an impending catastrophe was admittedly not on my mind as a possible cause.

Our backyard is verdurous and normally draws many birds and squirrels throughout the winter. This year, there seem to be very few birds in the area. This didn't cause much concern, but just this week it seems that the squirrels are moving away as well. Normally, I can walk out into the backyard at any point during the winter days and see numerous squirrels running among the bushes, tree limbs and retaining wall. I am now lucky to see two or three during the entirety of the day. Our squirrels are usually not tame in the slightest and keep their distance or scamper off whenever you approach. Just prior to their apparent emigration, I remember mentioning to neighbors that they were behaving strangely. They seemed to become much more confident and almost aggressive. One, after staring at me for a short while as I stood near his branch, suddenly ran directly toward me, almost like a charging bull. I stepped quickly backward and out of his way (imagine that--afraid of a squirrel!). He then stopped running toward me, stared for a few seconds, turned around and ran back from whence he came, disappearing out of sight. It was the most bizarre thing. I'm sorry I didn't stand my ground to see what exactly he planned to do (though a hospital visit with a squirrel bite wouldn't be the most dignified thing). The adjacent neighbor laughed at my story and said, "To tell you the truth, I'm not surprised by that." He continued to tell me that he'd noticed that the squirrels had become "assertive" (his word), something that bothered him as he worked in his garden. Now that they're suddenly disappearing, I wonder if they weren't trying to warn us of something. It sounds absolutely ridiculous, I know, but now I'm not so sure that it isn't the case.

Also, as I was walking with the dog through the backyard several days ago, we spotted a very large mouse lying near the retaining wall. It was lying on its side and very obviously dead, but with no apparent injury--no blood on the fur or in/around orifices, limb twists, bodily indentations, or the like. It seemed to be perfectly fine, just...well...dead. The dog sniffed it very cautiously but quickly backed away--and this is a dog who would usually snatch up a carcass and take it off as her own little prize. At the time, I made a mental note to come back and retrieve it so that it could be discarded elsewhere, rather than allowing it to decay in the yard. I forgot about it and, two days later, spotted it again. No animals had touched it and it was (externally) in near-perfect condition. Intrigued, the amateur scientist in me decided to leave it and see what happened. For about three days there was literally no visible damage, even to the eyes. This is remarkable because in our climate, current temperatures typically reach into the 50s and 60s during the day. A carcass should not resist visible decay for so long a period of time. Add to this the fact that both my dog and the scavenger birds that exist in our area did not touch it, and it seems to be an aberrant situation.

Lastly, we've noticed odd atmospheric phenomena lately. Yesterday morning, for a few minutes, the air seemed thick with red haze. I have never seen anything like it. It looked as though someone had dumped red dust into the air, visible outside of every window in the house. I stepped outside, thinking that it was in fact some sort of dust, but the air smelled entirely fresh and clear, while a dense red haze clearly existed. It disappeared very quickly. Lately, the skies here have been odd all around.

[edit on 4/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Okay, the interactive map project has been open for the past day and I now have some extra data. Before I post any of the data I must get this out of the way: I am not a geologist nor am I a vet. The following information is part of an experiment and I do not condone taking any action based on this information alone!

What I did was put point on the map according to type of report. In some areas people claim normal activity, in others people claim odd activity. The activity could be due to lunar phase, geographic change, or just bad information based on suggestion of activity from this thread. Nobody knows for certain!

In other words, TAKE THIS INFO WITH A GRAIN OF SALT because it is non-scientific in the sense that the data was not collected over a large sample and the method was via this discussion thread which in itself poses many problems. In any event, some trends did seem to emerge.

Here is the color key for the points plotted on the map:
Green - Plenty of birds/animals or more than usual
Green - Household pets acting normal
Yellow - Bird/animal activity, unusual migrations
Orange - No birds/animals around
Brown - Household pets acting up
Purple - Unusual clouds, sky, lights etc.

This first map is the data points:

This second map is colored in based on my un-professional opinion of how the data presented seems to group together:

Does this mean an earthquake will hit the New Madrid area? Not exactly.
Yes, the data looks interesting, but it could be pointing to something else like geomagnetic field fluctuations, weather patterns, or just matching the distribution of ATS visitors! Hindsight will be the ONLY way this data may be properly assessed. If an event does happen, and it does match this map, then we will have a much better theory to go off of before the next big one. As of right now, there is nothing that may be concluded by this information. If you happen to live in an earthquake prone zone, it is up to you and you alone whether or not you feel you should stock up on supplies 'just in case'. To me, this is an interesting exercise but overall I cannot be comfortable drawing any real conclusions based on the loose data collection method, the low amount of data points, and the large geographic region involved.

The map is located here.

**edited to fix mangled URLs**

[edit on 4-12-2008 by nydsdan]

WOW you are completely amazing!!!

I am impressed and the way you laid it out in the 2nd one - is very interesting showing a scope of area from edge to edge. Which is also interesting due to this map:

The above map is from the 1895 EQ - though the 1811 was suppose to have been much bigger.

I agree, with the information so far, all I can do is try to get someone to take a critical look at it - animal behavior is subjective - yet water behavior is not - it is something that can been seen and touched. With that in mind having BOTH type observations posted here - I feel comfortable enough to try and get 'experts, scientist, researchers' involved.

Thank you for the most EXCELLENT maps!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

WOW - what an excellent post!

The precise mechanism, if such a phenomenon exists—as opposed to being coincidence with aurora or mistaken recall after a traumatic event such as an earthquake—is unknown. One theory suggests that earthquake lights are a form of plasma discharge caused by the release of gases from within the Earth and are electrically charged in the air, which might be confirmed by or simply related to the reports of steam venting out of the earth in recent Peruvian earthquakes.

Another possible explanation is local disruption of the Earth's magnetic field and/or ionosphere in the region of tectonic stress, resulting in the observed glow effects either from ionospheric radiative recombination at lower altitudes and greater atmospheric pressure or as aurora. However, the effect is clearly not pronounced or notably observed at all earthquake events and is yet to be directly experimentally verified.[citation needed]

Another explanation involves intense electric fields created piezoelectrically by tectonic movements of rocks containing quartz[10].

Some similar clouds have been reported during nuclear tests [11] and radon is likely to be an earthquake precursor[12], so another theory is that glowing clouds might be light emission produced by ionization or plasma-chemical reactions

I think it is interesting about the mouse - I would love to know what caused it's demise, I am not a scientist, but I wonder if there is a relationship to the reddish sky and dead mouse.

The subject of squirrels acting strange and now disappearing is very interesting - there has been a theme it seems- throughtout the thread of squirrels not being where they should be. Others had posted they have been not as afraiid etc. but having a squirrel want to attack you - I would get out of the way too! Hospitals aren't that much fun - a person (don't remember the location at the moment - I think somewhere around Arkansas) posted earlier in the thread - dealt with a squirrel bite call.

Interesting on aggressive behaviors of animals that seem to be coming up a little on the thread. I am going to have to work on researching the aggressive part of animals in an earthquake theory.

Thank you for a wonderful post!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Speaking of water levels...
I have not been able to call any drilling companies in AR yet, but I have contacted companies in WY and OK. Out of three companies thus far, I have the following:
Casper, WY - no change in static water levels
Cheyenne, WY - no change in static water levels
Tulsa, OK - no change in static water levels

I tried some places in eastern Texas but they all hang up on me when I ask about static water level changes. I guess down in Texas it is 'business or shut up'.

Anyway, I will try some of the drilling companies in AR, MO and IL tomorrow. If they all check out okay, then we can put to bed this report of water well levels changing. So far the evidence is lacking with that report.

It is a bit eerie how the markings I made on the second map do correspond with the USGS New Madrid map from the 1800s...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hi, I just wanted to kind of give everyone a heads up in what is happening in Southeast Missouri. For starters, I live in Piedmont Missouri which is a highly active area with UFOs. Over the past two months they are almost here 3 out of 7 days a week. They are no longer just hovering orange balls, they are now darting, diving, taking off at unimaginable speeds. But with all this usually it does not affect our wildlife populaion and for some reason they themselves are not acting their usual deerish ways. For example, they are darting, confused, not bedding down, and almost seem to just of disappeared. What is even more bizzare is that the foxes in our area are running around like domesticated dogs. You might get lucky and see a fox once a year, but the last month, I see them everytime I road trip. Also, I personally have not seen this, but reports in my small town are that black panthers are actually out and getting closer to humans than they did in the past. I bet we have gone 10 years with no reports of panthers and from June on I know I personally have heard from 5 different people about a panther approaching them. I'm just saying something is off, not sure what but something is diffenitly off.

Having panthers approach people?! wow, I that is something I have not heard of, and yes to me that is something that seems to be signifcant at this time. Actually no matter what others say - if everyone here is posting 'real' behaviors of animals right now - then "something is definitly wrong or off".

BTW: regarding your Montserrat post earlier - I used to live on a sailboat in the Caribbean and we spent time on Montserrat - pre volcano eruption. I have been so saddened by the fact the island has basically been destroyed - except for the area in the Northwest corner. I had a great time there - and walked along the top of the volcano (while it was active) - it used to be a very cool place! But those are thoughts for another time.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
TIPS FOR EARTHQUAKE SAFETY

1) Most everyone who simply 'ducks and covers' WHEN BUILDINGS COLLAPSE are crushed to death. People who get under objects, like desks or cars, are crushed.

2) Cats, dogs and babies often naturally curl up in the fetal position. You should too in an earthquake. It is a natural safety/ survival instinct. You can survive in a smaller void. Get next to an object, next to a sofa, next to a large bulky object that will compress slightly but leave a void next to it.

3) Wooden buildings are the safest type of construction to be in during an earthquake. Wood is flexible and moves with the force of the earthquake. If the wooden building does collapse, large survival voids are created. Also, the wooden building has less concentrated, crushing weight. Brick buildings will break into individual bricks. Bricks will cause many injuries but less squashed bodies than concrete slabs.

4) If you are in bed during the night and an earthquake occurs, simply roll off the bed. A safe void will exist around the bed. Hotels can achieve a much greater survival rate in earthquakes, simply by posting a sign on The back of the door of every room telling occupants to lie down on the floor, next to the bottom of the bed during an earthquake.

5) If an earthquake happens and you cannot easily escape by getting out the door or window, then lie down and curl up in the fetal position next to a sofa, or large chair.

6) Most everyone who gets under a doorway when buildings collapse is killed. How? If you stand under a doorway and the doorjamb falls forward or backward you will be crushed by the ceiling above. If the door jam falls sideways you will be cut in half by the doorway. In either case, you will be killed!

7) Never go to the stairs. The stairs have a different 'moment of frequency' (they swing separately from the main part of the building). The stairs and remainder of the building continuously bump into each other until structural failure of the stairs takes place. The people who get on stairs before they f ail are chopped up by the stair treads - horribly mutilated. Even if the building doesn't collapse, stay away from the stairs. The stairs are a likely part of the building to be damaged. Even if the stairs are not collapsed by the earthquake, they may collapse later when overloaded by fleeing people. They should always be checked for safety, even when the rest of the building is not damaged.

8) Get Near the Outer Walls Of Buildings Or Outside Of Them If Possible - It is much better to be near the outside of the building rather than the interior. The farther inside you are from the outside perimeter of the building the greater the probability that your escape route will be blocked.

9) People inside of their vehicles are crushed when the road above falls in an earthquake and crushes their vehicles; which is exactly what happened with the slabs between the decks of the Nimitz Freeway. The victims of the San Francisco earthquake all stayed inside of their vehicles. They were all killed. They could have easily survived by getting out and sitting or lying next to their vehicles. Everyone killed would have survived if they had been able to get out of their cars and sit or lie next to them. All the crushed cars had voids 3 feet high next to them, except for the cars that had columns fall directly across them.

10) I discovered, while crawling inside of collapsed newspaper offices and other offices with a lot of paper, that paper does not compact. Large voids are found surrounding stacks of paper.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
if this off topic I can move IF needed.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schiass

Thank you for that very imformative post. Is it possible you can also post that on the (10 day -thread).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had watched the triangle of life youtube video, but you spelled it out in ways that they did not.

Thank you again.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I am posting a summary of potential precursors to an earthquake, based on observations by locals as well as legends, so take it with a grain of salt.

ANIMALS
Cats run away
Dogs howl, won't eat
Chickens cluck at night
Chickens fly onto roofs
Cows attempt to escape
Pigs root at a fence, snap at each other
Rats and birds seen in large numbers as if migrating
Snakes and frogs seen in winter
Fish seen on the surface of water
Aquarium fish burrow into the sand
Fish seen all pointing in the same direction
Goldfish leap out of their bowls
Fish making sounds, like crying
Violently thrashing catfish
Tortoises active in winter
Octopi seen at the surface of the ocean
Sea crabs go ashore
Dragonflies swarm in the same direction
Bees swarm out of their hives
Centipedes found dead
Earthworms active in winter
Sea gulls fly inland in huge numbers
Parakeets die

CLOUDS AND FOG (usually associated with very large earthquakes)
Fog as if a cloud close to the ground
Fog in good weather at the base of a mountain
Black-striped dragon-shaped horizontal cloud
Snake shaped clouds surrounding the sun in the morning
Strange clouds with no wind or rain close to the ground
Three days of clouds without rain
Stars said to "be close"
Localized, dense fog (epicenter of a quake) with clear weather around it
Sudden fog
Sudden change in atmospheric temperature
Strange appearance of the sky, yellow sky in early morning and red sky in the evening
Windless evening with high humidity and red sky
Halo around the Sun or Moon
Red Mood
Short vertical rainbow between two mountains
Scenery looks blurry

WEATHER
Hot humid weather
Wind blows up from the ground
No wind or clouds after an earthquake indicates aftershocks to be expected
Soil dries unusually quick

WATER
Water changes in temperature, level or turbidity
Well water becomes cloudy for more than a week
Increase or drop in the level of a well
Hot springs turn white
River or streams reverse
Sudden tidal withdrawal
Red seas

SOUNDS
Low frequency sounds emanating from the earth
Loud bangs like an explosion

PLANTS
Plants flower out of season
Early sprouting, early blooming, re-blooming
Fruit trees re-bloom
Leaf tips become pale yellow, white or have striped yellow horizontal lines

OTHER ANOMALIES
Magnets no longer working
Water not coming to a boil
Compass irregularities
Noise over the radio
Radios and clocks not working properly, lights dim
Electronics not functioning properly
Barometers behaving erratically

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bulgari20
Here's a constant update of the most recent earthquakes throughout the world. Site includes depth of vibrations, location (lat/long and region), time, magnitude, etc. The vibrations are recorded by known research facilities. You can refresh the site throughout the day for the most up-to-date information.

I hadn't seen the site posted in this forum and don't know how useful it would be to compare with the map setup by another user re: "weird" animal/weather events, but it's interesting nonetheless. Also, seeing as how I'm not a seismologist (let alone involved in any science-related field) I can't speak to how you'd guage tremors in one area insofar as they indicate an upcoming major earthquake in the same area vs. another area.

Looks like all of them are in California as far as the US is concerned. My problem is because I, like you, am not a seismologist, I dont know how common/uncommon these quakes are/arent.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schiass

It might be a good idea to check out the snopes site and see what they had to say on the "Triangle" and then decide.

www.snopes.com...

I live in Puyallup, Washington and my birds are acting normal, the sky looks normal, other animals in my area are acting normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join