It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we boycott gay businesses?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by Jim Scott

See, this is where I don't et it. It's ok for the gays to go after other businesses but it's not ok to go after gay businesses? When you use the same exact tactics that are used by the gays, it is like being a Nazi or something. Aren't the gays being the Nazis by going after the Mormons?

Is it okay for you to sit back and let people oppress and hate you, maybe hurt or try to kill you?

Is it okay for the Jews to just sit back and do nothing while the Nazis oppress and kill them arbitrarily?

Exactly my point. Why should the heterosexuals sit back and let the gays oppress them?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

Not to mention the fact that "laws and moral priciples" prohibit the us from using things like condoms, because it would stop gods plan of conception. Allowing Hiv/AIDs to run rampant in places like Africa.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes
Look, sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but just exactly how are the actions of two consenting adults just trying to live life hurting you, Jim Scott?

How does it affect you in any way?

Is anyone trying to take away your personal right to heterosexual marriage?

No.

And, the gay protesters were protesting against the Mormon church, correct? The ones who sponsored the bill, correct?

Unless you are one of those Mormons, then how does this affect you one way or the other?

[edit on 12/2/2008 by chickenshoes]

Hi, thanks for your reply. This thread is not about gay bashing. It is about an eye for an eye. If they can do it, we can do it. If they can boycott, we can boycott. If they can get a pro-Prop 8 guy fired, we can get an anti-Prop 8 guy fired. If they can demonstrate and push around a little old lady that is for Prop 8, so we can also demonstrate and push around a little old lady that is anti-Prop 8. Why let the gays get away with inflicting their will on others? So, they have had a hard time in the past. The law has passed, Prop 8 won. It's like it never got passed to the gay movement.

I'm not a Mormon, but I don't want to wait until this gets on my doorstep and I am the only one left. That's what happened when the Nazis took over Germany. Remember?

This affects me because it is an attempt to change the Constitution, rewrite our laws, change our social mores, reeducate our children, etc. all based on a sexual perversion: sexual affinity disorder (SAD).

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
To everyone who compare homophobic people to facists- wrong comparision!!
Since very beginning of that movement there was a lot of so-called gays in it!!
Rohem and consortes...and many many more.
Besides Your neofitic zeal and facilitof offending all the people who think not like them. Dont forget one thing: tolerance is not the same with acceptation.
If You attack Christian values one day You can wake up in Muslim or Orthodox world... Just think about it

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

That's a nice photo of the gay guys putting stars on the anti-gay businesses. (Well, you can turn any propaganda either way. The gays started labeling businesses and individuals that supported Prop 8, not the supporters of Prop 8 and not me. If they don't want these tactics used, then don't start using them.)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Perverted behavior? Can you please define that?

Is the act of love a perverted behavior?

Def. of perverse: willfully determined not to do what is expected or desired; contrary. Turned away from what is right, good, or proper; wicked.

This thread is not judging the perverse acts, it is suggesting the equal reverse of boycotting and demonstrating against gays as they are doing to non-gays.

If this is the case, why do you keep bringing up and quoting the Christian propaganda used for the last few decades as your defense?

And I think we have all agreed that people can act as they wish as long as it harms none (oh how I wish that were true across this entire discussion, then we wouldn't need to be having it).

Straights can boycott gay businesses, and I'm sure some are. Gay people can boycott businesses that support the denial of their rights as American citizens, and I am sure they are.

As for who will be hurt the most?
It's hard to tell, but one thing I do know, gay people are great at showing support for their friends.

I was there when the Admiral Duncan Pub in London was reopened after a Nazi sicko bombed it, it took two hours to get through the crowd to the bar.
What was supposed to be nothing more than a reopening turned into a street party with thousands there.

Gay people will support businesses who respect their rights, and they combine in great numbers to boost their own economy when it's needed.
Hence, other businesses will loose out as gay people will only trust gay operated/owned businesses.

Rightly so, I would do exactly the same thing.
The state started this by opening up equality rights to a public vote based on religious belief.
It is only fair that those businesses suffer the consequences of their actions, and the state leadership in turn faces the ridicule of the nation.

As for straight people boycotting gay businesses, no harm done there I'm afraid. They'll happily support themselves where needed.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Rather than boycott their businesses, we should just redecorate them… badly.

Isn’t that a fate worse than boycott to a pickle puffer?

"Can't we all just get along??!!!"

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

Actually, there are some Christian denominations like Catholics that would rather use abstinence or the rhythm method. You are right. However, on the whole most Christian denominations probably do not refuse condoms.

Studies show that condoms are not effective against the AIDS virus. In point of fact, the diameter of the micro-holes in latex condoms are thirty times larger than the diameter of the AIDS virus. It's like putting a basketball through a hole the size of a swimming pool. There are sites on the internet to support this. Some believe it is a population reduction program: lie about the effectiveness of condoms.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hi, thanks for your reply. This thread is not about gay bashing. It is about an eye for an eye.

If that were the case Jim, check you modern history. The straight wold would be totally blind.

I'm not a Mormon, but I don't want to wait until this gets on my doorstep and I am the only one left. That's what happened when the Nazis took over Germany. Remember?

Gays are Nazi's now.

This affects me because it is an attempt to change the Constitution, rewrite our laws, change our social mores, reeducate our children, etc. all based on a sexual perversion: sexual affinity disorder (SAD).

Do you have ANY idea of what it means to be gay? You seem hung up on the "sex" thing. Just so that you know, your "morals" aren't everyone's. I'm straight and I can say you don't represent my morals but I feel I need a shower after posting in this thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Studies show that condoms are not effective against the AIDS virus. In point of fact, the diameter of the micro-holes in latex condoms are thirty times larger than the diameter of the AIDS virus. It's like putting a basketball through a hole the size of a swimming pool. There are sites on the internet to support this. Some believe it is a population reduction program: lie about the effectiveness of condoms.

Uh huh:

Important Roman Catholic leaders such as the late Cardinal John O’Connor and Bishop James McHugh, who was a special advisor to the Holy See Mission at the United Nations, have frequently claimed that condoms are not effective in preventing AIDS. In addition, anti-family planning organizations such as the American Life League and Human Life International have aggressively questioned the efficacy of condoms. They argue that condoms should not be promoted as a way to fight AIDS because the virus that causes AIDS is small enough to pass through latex condoms, or that condoms have an unacceptably high “failure rate” (the frequency which condoms break or slip off), or that condoms are not reliable because they don’t prevent all sexually transmitted diseases.

Such claims that condoms should not play an important role in halting the spread of HIV are unfounded, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and leading AIDS researchers. Condoms opponents have seized on the fact that condoms are not 100% perfect in preventing AIDS to further their arguments that abstinence and sex within marriage are the only ways to prevent AIDS.

Condoms, like all contraceptives, are not 100% foolproof. Most condom failure is due to human factors such as the failure to use condoms consistently or incorrect use of the prophylactic.

www.condoms4life.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sorry, but I am going to have to press the "ignore" button. I am getting tired of your personal attacks.
The blanket blame on Christianity is absurd. For example, Bill Gates gave 100 million dollars to fight aids in Africa. Christians are leading the fight against the problem caused by homosexuals. The majority of America is Christian, and the majority of America is heterosexual, and the amount of tax dollars spent on fighting AIDS from these Christians is staggering.

I do not see the teaching of tolerance for an immoral act as a good thing.

Homosexuals created the AIDS virus? And it's rampant homosexuality spreading HIV around Africa?
And you keep calling homosexuality an "immoral act". What's going to happen when homosexuality is proven to be something one is born with and not a choice?
Last night in my tiredness I accidentally flagged this thread when I only meant to subscribe so I could read it later. I don't want to give you the impression I support your views in any way.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Exactly my point. Why should the heterosexuals sit back and let the gays oppress them?

Not wait until they get to your doorstep?...And you are the only one left?

I will try and be polite despite your likening the gay community to Nazis.

You are not being oppressed by the gay community.

They are not rampaging through your streets and on the verge of busting into your house and making you do gay acts.

I mean this sincerely...you need help. Talk to someone.

Also -- Your bit about history. Yes for thousands of years there have been laws against homosexuality. That doesn't make it right. There were also laws for thousands of years encouraging slavery, women as property, people burned at the stake for different religious views, speaking out against the church, the old testament says you should be stoned to death for wearing clothes made of different fabrics ... History is to be learned from..not repeated.

All of your cut and paste definitions of Morality and perversion were based in circular logic ....Morality is acting "right"..."Right" is doing what is the "Norm"..the "Norm is what is "Expected" On and On it goes..These definitions are better discovered through introspection than websters dictionary.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by maybereal11]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hi, thanks for your reply. This thread is not about gay bashing. It is about an eye for an eye. If they can do it, we can do it. If they can boycott, we can boycott. If they can get a pro-Prop 8 guy fired, we can get an anti-Prop 8 guy fired. If they can demonstrate and push around a little old lady that is for Prop 8, so we can also demonstrate and push around a little old lady that is anti-Prop 8. Why let the gays get away with inflicting their will on others? So, they have had a hard time in the past. The law has passed, Prop 8 won. It's like it never got passed to the gay movement.

Ah, bless, you've even made up your own "disorder"!

SAD stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder; depression brought about by lack of sunlight. I know, because my closest friend has it.

"It's like it never got passed to the gay movement", how do you figure that?

When the Nazi's took over Germany it was done through propaganda dictating that Jews, Homosexuals and so on were "other", "outsiders", "invaders" and "perverse". Just as YOU are stating in all of your posts.

Please do not insult peoples intelligence by somehow trying to turn the point around. It is you calling for intolerance, you casting stones and using words like "perverse" in every post, it is you being the "Nazi" here.

If people have anything to fear approaching their doorstep, it is people like you with one hand on the Bible and the other hand pointing.

OK, I'm done here, we cannot reason with utter ignorance. I think the basic point has been made anyway.
I'll leave Little Jimmy to spontaneously combust in a fireball of self-inflicted religious fervor.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by detachedindividual]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thank you for the post. Let's take this out of the religious realm and back to the facts. At this reference (reliable facts, not prejudice)
www.lifesitenews.com...
we show some great facts about condoms and AIDS:

Citing statistics from South Africa, Browder stated that condom distribution between 1994 and 1998 leaped to 198 million from 6 million, but death rates from HIV/AIDS in the years between 1997 and 2002 saw a massive 57 per cent increase.

A report from the UNAIDS agency in 2003 confirmed the dangers of relying on condoms to protect against the HIV/AIDS virus. The report showed that condoms are ineffective in protecting against HIV an estimated 10% of the time. That estimate, although itself a major blow to population control activists who have consistently claimed condoms to be 100% effective, is still far lower than some studies which have shown more than a 50% failure rate.

Ms. Browder’s report echoes the warnings of multiple medical experts, among them Dr. Norman Hearst of the University of California, who raised the alarm on condom use as an AIDS preventative in 2004. Dr. Hearst presented statistics showing a marked correlation between increased condom sales in the African nations of Kenya, Botswana, and others, and a parallel increase in HIV rates by year.

The ad, published 4/22/92 in The Washington Times, was written by C.M. Roland (Editor of "Rubber Chemistry Land Technology"). It shows three circles and describes the relative sizes: sperm=about 50 microns, standard latex holes=5 microns, and AIDS virus=0.1 microns.

Now, back to the OP concerning equal rights for heterosexuals, or whatever you want to call it. Shouldn't we have the moral right to boycott their businesses and individuals that fought against Prop 8?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Hi, thanks for your reply. This thread is not about gay bashing. It is about an eye for an eye.

fine, if you want an eye for an eye, let the Mormon church deal with it, because that's who they were protesting, correct?

If they can do it, we can do it. If they can boycott, we can boycott. If they can get a pro-Prop 8 guy fired, we can get an anti-Prop 8 guy fired. If they can demonstrate and push around a little old lady that is for Prop 8, so we can also demonstrate and push around a little old lady that is anti-Prop 8. Why let the gays get away with inflicting their will on others? So, they have had a hard time in the past. The law has passed, Prop 8 won. It's like it never got passed to the gay movement.

Ok, fair enough. But, going by that logic, since many black people have been discriminated against, and have risen up and protested, especially during the civil rights era, then it is ok for racists to harass any and all black people at will?

You could hardly equate homosexuals with nazis, in fact homosexuals were murdered in the holcaust.

And, it never will reach your doorstep. I'm pretty sure if you just simply allow gay people to coexist and refrain from burning proverbial crosses in their collective yard, they will leave you to your own beliefs, however backward it may seem to them.

Sorry, but just how is gay marriage unconstitutional?

And, how are our social mores being changed? How are children being reeducated?

And, can you explain to me just what is Sexual Affinity Disorder? I googled it and can't find a thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Thank you for the post. Let's take this out of the religious realm and back to the facts. At this reference (reliable facts, not prejudice)
www.lifesitenews.com...
we show some great facts about condoms and AIDS:

*snip*

Such claims that condoms should not play an important role in halting the spread of HIV are unfounded, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and leading AIDS researchers.

I reposted this for the slow. The CDC is prejudice?
It's one of the, if not THE, center on disease control in the world. THAT'S FACT!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So here is what I understand about the issue. The current legal definition of marriage is between one man and one woman. There is no current law that protects sexual orientation in regards to the state marriage institution. Whatever your opinions on the matter, that is where we currently stand legally.

At this point we have two options. The first is legislation that will designate sexual orientation as a protected status in regards to civil rights of marriage from the state. The other option is to stay with the current legal definition as one man and one woman (if there is some other option I am not seeing please tell me).

Here is what I think should go down. First we define and make clear the difference between a Government Marriage and a Religious Marriage.

The Government Marriage is simply a contract that two adults get so they can enjoy things like shared finical positions, shared hospital visits, and so on ( I think that adoption of children should be discussed and examined more before that is thrown into the Gov't contract ).

The Religious Marriage is a ceremony that is doled out by the church or temple or whatever. These marriages can have as many restrictions as the religion dictates because it is a private institution. This way the government doesn't get to tell religious people how to worship and vice versa.

I would bet that people who oppose gay marriage don't want to withhold things like hospital visits and tax resources from homosexuals. I also bet that those who support gay marriage don't really want to tell the church how to run itself. For some reason though, there is a vicious back and forth that goes on.

In regards to the boycott issue: I think that if you want to end all of this hate going on the best way would be to openly and respectfully discuss the issues instead of resorting to an individual economic act of war.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

good idea.
Turnabout is fair play.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

fine, if you want an eye for an eye, let the Mormon church deal with it, because that's who they were protesting, correct?

It is a social unrest problem, nationwide. Mormons took a stand for marriage and morality. It was a great example to the rest of us.

it is ok for racists to harass any and all black people at will?
Not talking about indiscrimate harassment.

You could hardly equate homosexuals with nazis, in fact homosexuals were murdered in the holcaust.
I am not equating them. The gays have pointed to businesses that did not support their Prop 8 resistance. In that way, there is a similarity. However, the leaders of the Nazis hated the Jews. Of course, Christians don't hate anyone, by definition although sometimes not by practice on an individual exception basis, as with any belief system. More Christians were killed in the holocaust than Jews or homosexuals. This is off-topic.

And, it never will reach your doorstep. I'm pretty sure if you just simply allow gay people to coexist
. Well, since the gays are using forces against businesses and individuals, why not substitute the word Nazi for the word gay in your quote. Then you will see why it is good to resist. This is off-topic.

Sorry, but just how is gay marriage unconstitutional?
The law permitting marriage between like sexes is not found in the Constitution. This is off-topic.

And, how are our social mores being changed?

Social mores for thousands of years prevented marriage between like sexes. This would change the mores to permit marriage between like sexes. This is off-topic.

How are children being reeducated?
Our children are already being taught to accept domestic partnerships in our schools. If marriage is permitted between like sexes, they will be taught acceptance of this, too. This is off-topic.

And, can you explain to me just what is Sexual Affinity Disorder? I googled it and can't find a thing. This is off-topic.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yep, Lifesitenews is totally unbiased and non-religious

www.lifesitenews.com...

LifeSiteNews Principles

1. Accuracy in content is given high priority. News and information tips from readers are encouraged and validated. Valid corrections are always welcome. Writing and research is of a professional calibre.

2. LifeSiteNews.com emphasizes the social worth of traditional Judeo-Christian principles but is also respectful of all authentic religions and cultures that esteem life, family and universal norms of morality.

3. LifeSiteNews.com's writers and its founders, have come to understand that respect for life and family are endangered by an international conflict. That conflict is between radically opposed views of the worth and dignity of every human life and of family life and community. It has been caused by secularists attempting to eliminate Christian morality and natural law principles which are seen as the primary obstacles to implementing their new world order.

4. LifeSiteNews.com understands that abortion, euthanasia, cloning, homosexuality and all other moral, life and family issues are part of the international conflict affecting all nations, even at the most local levels. LifeSiteNews attempts to provide its readers with the most useful and up-to-date information on this conflict.

5. LifeSiteNews.com attempts to dispel confusion and ignorance, enable constructive dialogue and help informed decisions to be made and appropriate actions to be taken for the good of all.

Emphasis is mine

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join