Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Should we boycott gay businesses?

page: 5
13
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
reply to post by crmanager
 


Yes, this is exactly my point. As soon as anyone wants to play the game the same way, the gays get upset and cry about it.


Exactly your point? I don't see a point anywhere. All I can see is someone with a dull agenda who is passionately shouting their obnoxious, ignorant views and showing the World that he cannot see further than a generalised and pigeon-holed group, rather than individuals or many, many different groups with entirely different thoughts, politics and philosophies who are all tied to a larger group.

Your only point seems to be to show the internets that you are a bit thick.




posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I tottally disagree with you. What difference does it make if the business is pro gay or not. You should stop wasting your time with this and start boycotting rip off crapy buisnesses.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's probably a little rude that they are doing what they're doing, but whatever - I certainly couldn't care less. They'll suffer the repercussions of their actions because when they push, homophobes, Christians, and your mother will just push right back... resentment will build and tensions will rise. The gays will go on to arm themselves and start demanding rights by force.

Soon we'll all remember the great gay riots of 2011 - just before they outlawed being gay.

Of course, I'm kidding - but you get my point. This could easily get out of hand.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek

Originally posted by aecreate

any business that does discriminate should be boycotted.

I'm not gay, but what's so hard to understand about



what business discriminates against gays or religious people?
this is ignorance feeding on ignorance
wake up all, and the poster got 3 stars for THAT view??

I thought i was in the company of intelligent people here at ATS



You serious? Want me to link a bunch of citations where someone was fired for coming out of the closet? How about the BSA? The BSA will even punt effeminant kids, straight or gay, doesn't matter.
The radio station Venus 102.5 came close to banning ads from companies owned by gay people.

This is ignoring the whole "if you are gay you cannot donate blood nor organs" regardless of health certifications.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
It's probably a little rude that they are doing what they're doing, but whatever - I certainly couldn't care less. They'll suffer the repercussions of their actions because when they push, homophobes, Christians, and your mother will just push right back... resentment will build and tensions will rise. The gays will go on to arm themselves and start demanding rights by force.

Soon we'll all remember the great gay riots of 2011 - just before they outlawed being gay.

Of course, I'm kidding - but you get my point. This could easily get out of hand.


Heh, lookup the Stonewall Riots. Any demographic will fight back if you push them hard enough.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek


I thought i was in the company of intelligent people here at ATS




Really? Did you honestly think that??

What the blazes gave you that impression?

If you really thought that this forum is home to a generally intelligent group of people... well, if I were you I'd worry about my own intelligence!



(I'm playing with you of course but this forum hasn't had a high average intelligence for 4+ years now. It's a shame because the posting here used to be wonderful. Nowadays I cringe with most of it and have to convince myself that it has been over-run with 14 year olds. Otherwise I really would lose faith in the human race.)



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tator3
reply to post by Jim Scott
 


I'm not crying, I'm finally hating back. All we have had our whole lives is hate and we were told to not retaliate and show how we are "normal" like you breeders. Well, I'm all for hate now. When I see a man + woman = marriage bumper sticker now I try to run them off the road, church people come to my door to preach the "good" word and I tell them to go @@@@ themselves. I'm a second class savage right...well, I'm gonna act like one. Next on MSNBC..Gay Gang Wars. hahaha. Who knows? keep pushing us.



Wow looky what we got here Jasper a TOUGH guy queer gay homosexual who uses the word "Breeder" also an interesting term considering how it is used by most queers.

So let me get this straight Gays have had the mormons take away their equal rights ? How did the mormons actually DO something like that? What rights are gays denied?

Do you not have the right to free speech?

Yep

Right to vote

Yep

Right to assemble

Yep

Right to keep and bear arms

yep

Right to get married

yep

Right to privacy?

seems nothing is sacred to them on that last one as I find them to be so intrusive always having to have their "Lifestyle" and sexual bent always thrown in my face and when they talk like YOU do, I invariably find they get much more obsequious when I use a very persuasive method of shutting them up but that is only those who like to use that silly gay "in your face temper tantrum they feel the are justified in expressing to everyone as they are only tolerant when you agree with them. Otherwise they are the most hateful bunch of bigots I seem to meet anymore.

Hell yes it is ok to boycott their gay businesses and hell yes they are everywhere and that is just the point. They have no real distinction one could readily identify them as different like Blacks had during the civil rights days, so they have to "act up" testing the tolerance of people everywhere they go. Usually this means "Being Openly Gay" where they start kissing and making out with their "lover" and invariably they tend to take that too far where someone might say "Get a room" and WHAM" the next day you are being put on the black list and having all of them call you a "homophobic hating christian bastard" blaming you for their whole entire miserable pathetic existence.

Me? I don't care about being particular as to which gays are the bad ones and which are not and if going by what I have seen on ATS ( the biggest reason I have adopted my new opinion) they are ALL worthy of being shoved so far back in the closet it isn't even funny anymore.

You want to get married then fine find a girl and marry her but don't blame all straights, Mormons, Christians for what the state you live in says is wrong because your sexual behavior is not seen as a reason to redefine marriage to match your fetish or particular sexual taste.

Personally I think they have their taste in their mouths no pun intended but that's whatever floats their boats

or,, butts {shrugs)



[edit on 1-12-2008 by ProFiler.DSS]



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I don't know any 'gay businesses' to boycott.


Sure you do sweetie.

Gay websites like Drudge, gay conservative columnists like Andrew Sullivan, gay politicians like Mark Foley, Larry Craig and Bob Allen, gay evangelicals like Ted Haggard, gay Young Republican leaders like Glenn Murphy Jr, every single Log Cabin Republican, and gay male prostitutes/White House press pool plants for G(ay) W. Bush like Jim Guckert.

It's easy to spot the closet cases honey. Just check their voter registration and how fiercely they oppose gay rights.

Here's the super gay link you were looking for: www.rnc.org...

Now you know.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by DooRight]



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DooRight

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I don't know any 'gay businesses' to boycott.



It's easy to spot the closet cases honey. Just check their voter registration and how fiercely they oppose gay rights.

Here's the super gay link you were looking for: www.rnc.org...

Now you know.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by DooRight]



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TERAKO68
 


So true
. If I had a dime for some homophobic dork I knew growing up that ended up coming out or trying to cruise me for sex, I would be rich man.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0



You serious? Want me to link a bunch of citations where someone was fired for coming out of the closet? How about the BSA? The BSA will even punt effeminant kids, straight or gay, doesn't matter.
The radio station Venus 102.5 came close to banning ads from companies owned by gay people.

This is ignoring the whole "if you are gay you cannot donate blood nor organs" regardless of health certifications.



Can you blame them? I sure can't and the fact that I personally know 10 people who have died of aids and that they were ALL gay MIGHT be one reasonable to understand my reluctance to savor the Blood of a gay during a transfusion.

How do all these people that discriminate against queers do that?

I mean how would they know they are even gay?

I mean it isn't like what they are doing and with whom is any of our business and if they would PLEASE keep it that way, they may find less of a problem with that.

The thing I find most hysterically funny is when anyone calls it "The Gay "Culture" HA HA HA. Ill admit they have a gay community but when it comes culture, it's right up there with, the need to create a thing called nonoxynal-9 , HIV testing, sharp increases in colorectal cancer, staph infection, STD's and an average life span ten years short of average straights. a strange fascination with barabra streisand, liza minneli, shirly bassey and the rocky horror picture show.

Yeah thats culture

[edit on 1-12-2008 by ProFiler.DSS]



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

P.s. I'm straight but "breeders" is an absolutely wonderful term for hetero's! Not only because it was picked up by one of America's best bands.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by triplesod]


I disagree, it's obviously not used in an endearing manner, thus it adopts the very same context as the N word. And I take it as such.

If people want tolerance and equality, then adopting the traits of the very people they consider to oppose them, is not going to get anyone anywhere.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   




Sure I can blame them, and despise them with all the out-rage I can muster. I mean, your statements are riddled with sterotypes. As for knowing they are gay.. Well.. you got rainbow stickers or HRC stickers on cars. If they ask at work if they are married.

Frankly, you're statements look like a rape apologists "they was askin fer it!" by answering yes to the 'gay' question.

Well, on that note I invite you to take your religious views and put them where Jesus said to:

In your home closet.

I give you Mathew 6:6 (King James version)

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So, as a followup, back to the concept of the OP. If the gays find it necessary to boycott non-gays, it seems only fair to return the favor. Don't you think?



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tator3
 


dude, youre life is definately not filled with "all hate" im sure you are accentuating the times that youve been "hated on" (like i do for strong personality and making fun of stupid people, espeically stupid girls which girls RIP me apart for and my friends are like duuuuude shes kinda hot why you rippin on her) you are accentuating them and attracting more of it by being all pissed off about it. Theres a flagrant homo in a class and i hate his guts cause hes all flagrent and wants someone to call him the F word or something so he can cry to the girls. I called him out and said he was a "wuss" and couldnt do any pushups
to which he responded Im a meathead. But my gay friend Martin, he doesnt speak flagrent, doesnt dress flagrent, brings in his boyfriend to the retail store I work at and has even ahd drinks with us while we go out and pick up chicks
. THERES A DIFFERENCE STOP TRYING TO STAND THE F OUT BY LIKING THE SAME SEX!! if you like the same sex fine but if you WANT any love or business realtionship from me or just sympathy if youre day is going wrong at least communicate with me espeically if you have a problem with me.

And i'll even say it. I ahve a problem with super flagrent homosexuals. As my religion I believe it is all wrong and sinful, BUT God tells us to love all. I do, as a human, have a problem with super flagrent homosexuals.



Sorry not trying to detract, but reaction and banning and common war tactics shouldnt be used without any threat of retaliation. Thats all the op is doing here, saying there should be a threat of opposition to highly gay businesses from mainly conservative Mormons and sympathizers, perhaps like a Roman Catholic religious individual like myself.

Great discussion though



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland
 

Exactly my point, too. How about a friendlier world, where the gays and non-gays have mutual respect and admiration for each other. It isn't good to go about challenging the heterosexual majority with homosexual outrages. Keep it peaceful, like Ghandi. It only get you more retribution, unfortunately. Most people are tolerant, understanding. You don't want to p*** off the minority that are not so tolerant by flaunting. I see ten times more gay people kissing in public than I do heterosexuals. I think they do it to flaunt it, because the odds are so great, but I don't know for sure. Public display of affection, public nudity (like gay parades), probably not kosher these days.

(some) gays, please mind your manners.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
reply to post by vonholland
 

Exactly my point, too. How about a friendlier world, where the gays and non-gays have mutual respect and admiration for each other. It isn't good to go about challenging the heterosexual majority with homosexual outrages. Keep it peaceful, like Ghandi. It only get you more retribution, unfortunately. Most people are tolerant, understanding. You don't want to p*** off the minority that are not so tolerant by flaunting. I see ten times more gay people kissing in public than I do heterosexuals. I think they do it to flaunt it, because the odds are so great, but I don't know for sure. Public display of affection, public nudity (like gay parades), probably not kosher these days.

(some) gays, please mind your manners.


I agree to this pretty much to an I. I don't have any problems with homosexuals but I think they are going about it the wrong way.

At least they are taking steps in the right direction. These protests aren't violent. They could be carrying guns around.

I know a few gay people. They are all normal, they act normal. Like normal couples they seek romance. I've kissed my girl in public many times and other things ensued.

I always felt like they deserved marriage rights.

One of the posts here said something along the lines of
"Should we change the laws for a fetish?" Paraphrasing of course.

This boggled me and I thought it over for a few minutes.
Is homosexuality really a fetish? I don't believe in the whole you are born gay thing.
So if people see this as a fetish should they change the law for other fetishists?

I still believe they should get the right to marry and divorce like the rest of us.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

Originally posted by dalek

Originally posted by aecreate

any business that does discriminate should be boycotted.

I'm not gay, but what's so hard to understand about



what business discriminates against gays or religious people?
this is ignorance feeding on ignorance
wake up all, and the poster got 3 stars for THAT view??

I thought i was in the company of intelligent people here at ATS



You serious? Want me to link a bunch of citations where someone was fired for coming out of the closet? How about the BSA? The BSA will even punt effeminant kids, straight or gay, doesn't matter.
The radio station Venus 102.5 came close to banning ads from companies owned by gay people.

This is ignoring the whole "if you are gay you cannot donate blood nor organs" regardless of health certifications.



link it up, lets have a look
your barking up the wrong tree but ignorance should be made to work

Get those facts rollin



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott


And how did they get this "gay" name anyway? Does anyone know? It is homosexuality. Is the term "gay" politically correct or something? I vote for S.A.D., or "sexual affinity disorder."


For someone that wants to stop the hate, you're doing a smash up job.

Take your ugly hate and fears elsewhere. I'm pretty disgusted with the anti-gay comments and slurs on ATS lately.

Low rent.






top topics



 
13
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join