It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we boycott gay businesses?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Today's news shows gay activists pressuring the Mormons.

www.foxnews.com...

Tomorrow, maybe the blacks and hispanics, or maybe your business or your neighbors. They railroaded one of our best entertainment industry persons in Sacramento right out of his 25 year career when they found out he was for Prop 8. They also interrupt meetings here of anyone they deem is anti-gay by coming to the meeting and making so much noise that no speakers can talk.

I hate to suggest lowering myself to these standards, but they are effectively intimidating select groups. For example, the media is distinctly pro-gay, as is the entertainment industry in general.

I consider it very unfriendly they way the "act up" against others, spreading claims and using buzz-words like "homophobic" to get their way.

What do you think of the idea that turnabout is fair play? What if we were to identify the gay businesses and businesses that support gays and boycott them? Seems fair to me, what do you think?

This would be a particularly effective time to boycott a business, since the economy is having a tough time anyway. Maybe the gay movement could get a little friendlier if their livelihoods were threatened.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

You are about to get a big butt whoppin' for this thread but you are correct...What good for the goose...

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yeah, and the only difference is that one group have been victims of a fascist rule and the others have inflicted that rule on them.

I know which side I am on.

If it harms none, let people live their lives in freedom, equality and liberty.
But mess with peoples rights to equality and you get everything you deserve.

Trust me, Gay businesses survive on their own people. They don't need a bunch of homophobic fascists spending their money to keep them going.

The economy in general, on the other hand, will suffer if the Gay community boycott every business but their own.
Ever heard of "disposable income"? That's something the gay community have in abundance, and the Pro Prop8 folks don't have that resource.

You've alienated the wrong community at the wrong time. And once they realize that they could buy almost everything they need from a gay/gay friendly business and cut off all others, the local economy in areas where there is a high gay population will suffer.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You just better hope we don't find out what your business is hater!!!!....You might show up on the Gay Blacklist too!!! Or are you already there? Well, if thats so, I dont blame you for blacklisting gay businesses. BTW, what gay businesses? OH..you mean the TV you watch every night, or the place you bought your house decor, or the car you drive, or where you bought your clothes,or the school your kids goto, the list goes on...BECAUSE WE ARE EVERYWHERE!!! Maybe even at your backdoor.
We've been here since the beginning of time and we are not going away any time soon. We're finally pissed off and I don't see us backing down now.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am incapable of making the tremendous logic leap that would give me reason to boycott allgay businesses because of some gay protesters.

A white straight person was mean to me yesterday; therefore, I am protesting all businesses owned by white straight men. I guess that would make sense to you

[edit on 1-12-2008 by MeanDirtyKiller]

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yes, let's get them, these gays and their gay businesses! They are bad, bad people, ALL of them! Quick, get the paint buckets!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Should we boycott gay businesses?

I don't know any 'gay businesses' to boycott.

If I did - I wouldn't boycott unless I knew the owners either helped with the lunacy against the Mormons or if they were sympathetic to those terrorizing the Mormons.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
For one thing, I don't buy the posts about how gays can't be affected by boycott. Supposedly, gays are a small percentage of society. Additionally, that small percentage wants to feel like they are a very big percentage, and have impact. Frankly, I sounds like a reaction from a position of fear. Fear of being blacklisted. In a very short time, this fuming hatred is already showing itself as ad hominem attacks against my posting. This is exactly what I am referring to. Kill the messenger... The emotional fervor, the heated diatribe, it must be a gay emotional imbalance thing. That's all I can figure out.

And how did they get this "gay" name anyway? Does anyone know? It is homosexuality. Is the term "gay" politically correct or something? I vote for S.A.D., or "sexual affinity disorder." I wish they would get off their high horse and accept the vote of the people in California.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

See, this is where I don't get it. It's ok for the gays to go after other businesses but it's not ok to go after gay businesses? When you use the same exact tactics that are used by the gays, it is like being a Nazi or something.

Aren't the gays being the Nazis by going after the Mormons?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tator3

I LOVE it.

"We better not find out what your business is..."

You slay me.

"Hate is acceptable when it goes out but you better not give it to me!"

Bwahahaha!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Yes, this is exactly my point. As soon as anyone wants to play the game the same way, the gays get upset and cry about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tator3

You know, I'm not advocating hating or bashing or boycotting gays if they will not advocate hating me, bashing me, or boycotting me.

Loss of tv and movies would not be a big deal to me. I like books, outdoors, friends, social relations, etc.

So, if you don't like being boycotted etc, why don't you guys lay off?

I think it's a weird phenomena that you guys can only see this one way. It's like you have blinders on. You don't even see yourselves doing it or something. You can't be serious about hating someone who is giving you back what you put out.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Jim, the gay population are the minority here. That's the difference.

I wish I could give negative stars.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Aren't the gays being the Nazis by going after the Mormons?

Are you going to limit the boycott to the spesific gay individuals who did something you don't like? Or are you going to boycott them all? Just for being gay?

That way of thinking sounds familiar in a very unpleasant way...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Actually, I don't know how to boycott them. This gay activist thing must have a face and a member list. Those would be the only gays I would boycott. Those guys are just mean mean mean.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MeanDirtyKiller

I'm not sure what the minority thing means, unless you feel they can't defend themselves here?

You do understand that I am not supporting hate here, right? I'm just trying to put out the fire of hate from the gays. If trying to stamp out hate is worth negative stars, maybe I am on the wrong site.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'm not crying, I'm finally hating back. All we have had our whole lives is hate and we were told to not retaliate and show how we are "normal" like you breeders. Well, I'm all for hate now. When I see a man + woman = marriage bumper sticker now I try to run them off the road, church people come to my door to preach the "good" word and I tell them to go @@@@ themselves. I'm a second class savage right...well, I'm gonna act like one. Next on MSNBC..Gay Gang Wars. hahaha. Who knows? keep pushing us.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tator3

I'm not crying, I'm finally hating back.

Well, I hate to think this is going to go on perpetually like the Israeli-Palestinian confrontation. Hate is working really good for them, right? Welcome to the new millennium of peace and love and the age of Aquarius. I thought gay was about love, but it must be about legal rights. How is that hate working for you?

Aren't your legal rights equal to or greater than those of "breeders?" (another gay hate term?)

By the way, how about a new thread for all the gay terms for hate against "breeders?"

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No!
I wouldnt.

the only place in town here to get a good haircut is owned by an open homosexual.

My girlfriend found him and he does a great job.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Dont go on the 10th...my guess is he wont be there.

jointheimpact.wetpaint.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join