It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reparations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well I put words in your mouth and you put words in mine.

and in this site it has said that they were built in 2500bc

far later than your 5000bc estimate...

I never said the pyramids were built around 5000 BC. I said Egyptian civilization started arounf 5000 BC

Ancient Egypt bloomed at about 6-5,000 BC.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ah but you used that date to justify how hebrews didnt exist in egypt at that time....and even used the next lines to show 1200bc and 400yrs earlier you do the math....sound familiar?

but besides all this just say sorry for putting words in my mouth....thats all i need and i will leave it alone, and be content in saying that they used slaves and they invented it as we know it so how can they ask for reperations...

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by elitewolverine]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Ya know, the author of this illustrious thread bitched a moaned about no one actually posting a real arguement.

So I broke down and wrote one.

What do I get? Nothing.

Little dude ran away.

~sigh~

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Ya know, the author of this illustrious thread bitched a moaned about no one actually posting a real arguement.

So I broke down and wrote one.

What do I get? Nothing.

Little dude ran away.

~sigh~

I wouldn't bother next time.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So when can we expect a kkk rally on BTS??

nice to see this thread turned out good in the end

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have a problem with the GOVERNMENT giving preferences to ANYONE. If blacks, whites, spanish, etc want to band togather to help THEMSELVES it is none of my business or anyone elses.

There are several black and spanish business here that wont hire whites is that any less racist as a white company that will not hire blacks or spanish?

To me, and I know this will be unpopular, it is no ones business who a PRIVITE company hires.

When I had a Cabinet Shop do you know who I hired?

The best #ing Cabinetmaker that applied. I did not give a # what color or religion he was. Thats like being worried about the color of his socks.

But I would have shut the doors before I let the government tell me WHO I hired.

Through most of the time I was open I had two whites a black a cuban and an asian which is pretty much the racial make up of our town but that was just how it turned out.

It could have been ALL three headed gay martians if there aps were better

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I hear you Amuk.

The problem I see, is how do you legislate or even convict someone on what is in their heart?

For example. My wife got layed off from ADT when Tyco went south.

She was 3 months pregnant at the time.

Everyone knows that getting hired when you are pregnant is hard because that maternaty time is a big strike against you.

Not hiring her because of it is completely illegal of course, but as we found out, it was impossible to know if that was the reason or not.

I just kept old girl home in the end.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
So when can we expect a kkk rally on BTS??

nice to see this thread turned out good in the end

How about a Gay KKK rally? Anyone else see the last Dave Chappell episode?...

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
All Hail Seapeople... you are da man and I'll stand right by your side all the way through this.... yahhoooo

finally someone has the B@lls to say it !!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The problem I see, is how do you legislate or even convict someone on what is in their heart?

My problem is with the Government even trying.

Why should they order a white idiot racist to hire blacks anymore than they should order a black idiot racist to hire whites? If you limit your job pool to only one race or religion or whatever you are only harming your self and your company and in a free market you will pay the price and soon you will be knocking on someone elses door looking for a job.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
How about a Gay KKK rally? Anyone else see the last Dave Chappell episode?...

A Gay KKK Rally? Now that I would pay to see. LMAO!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Reparations for no-one...my thoughts and enough said.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Too bad, get over it. The poor(sorry for) Native Americans were pushed way off to the side. They should have the jobs. Be a man and stop complaining.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
you cant do anything "pro-white" because its somehow racist. but why is it ok whne minorities do it?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
you cant do anything "pro-white" because its somehow racist. but why is it ok whne minorities do it?

Maybe because our country is and always has been "pro-white"...whites will always be on top in the USA, and to say that white people need "reparations" is one of the most stupid brain-dead ideas I have ever heard on this board. Why don't you take a good look at our country's history, and at all of the corrupt systems in our society that are set to bring down minorities...two thumbs down for the worst thread in history. What a load of bull#.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Maybe because our country is and always has been "pro-white"...whites will always be on top in the USA, and to say that white people need "reparations" is one of the most stupid brain-dead ideas I have ever heard on this board. Why don't you take a good look at our country's history, and at all of the burdens in our society that are set to bring down minorities...two thumbs down for the worst thread in history. What a load of bull#.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Shoktek]

Help me here, just what burdens have the government set up to bring down the minorities? I am talking about TODAY not a hundred years ago.

All I see is the government getting all of the lower class to fight among ourselves like a bunch of children over a handful of crumbs that they throw us all the while taxing the hell out of us and talking away one right after another while we are busy with this stupid #.

How is a poor white ANY less deserving than a poor black or indian?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
How is a poor white ANY less deserving than a poor black or indian?

He is not...I am all for equal rights, however impossible it may be to achieve. I am against any kind of affirmative action, I think people should be hired/accepted/chosen for their skills and qualifications as a person, not the color of their skin. Yet, to say that white people as a whole, need reparations for anything, that is just ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok I have an idea.

Since we cant agree on this issue and everyone seems to have a different take on it, why not give reparations to ME!!

That way Im rich and everyone is happy and we can put this issue to rest. How bout it?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why is it that no one mentions going after the real perpetrators of modern slavery? - The European powers and merchants working alongside African tribal leaders that all profited from this trade for hundreds of years including shipping companies descended from that time.

Is it because thats not where the money is at?

I don't mean to sound ignorant here but should not the greivance be taken up with the people that were at the genesis of the slave trade in the first place?

Political invective is not what I am seeking here, but lets get to the bottom of where this really started is what I would like to have answered.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If a man was forced at gunpoint to rob a bank then days later ask for a cut of the loot what does that make him?

An accomplice maybe?

For me to expect payments for stolen labor and land I would be responsible for the rape and pillage of persons and property...

As for Affirmative Action... Well if you white folks were really smart you would realize Blacks are nothing but consumers
To educate them and give them jobs only puts more money in your pockets...

They are, unfortunately trying desperately to be minions in a white ruled society becuase they think it will make life better for themselves... How wrong are they....

So please help Blacks, Kill AA, stop quotas, re-institute segration.... Better yet put them out the country...

Secondly some ass said "get over it and be a man" ... Thats very funny coming from the chronic fagots and boy/girl baby abductors white males tend to be...

It takes a man to admit wrong doing then make it right...

A upstanding moral nation would at the very least on the federal level formally admit wrongdoing both to the Native Americans and Blacks....Don't expect that from this nation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join