It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Reparations

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Secondly some ass said "get over it and be a man" ... Thats very funny coming from the chronic fagots and boy/girl baby abductors white males tend to be...

If thats not a racist statement I've never heard one, where do you get off calling all white people faggots and child abductors, get real dude that # happans in all races.

My wife is a psychologist and deals with that # everyday and it is not limited to any color of skin believe you me. All famililies of the lower income group have more than income to overcome as a problem in child development.




posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   


He is not...I am all for equal rights, however impossible it may be to achieve. I am against any kind of affirmative action, I think people should be hired/accepted/chosen for their skills and qualifications as a person, not the color of their skin.





Then we are on the same page on this



posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   


Secondly some ass said "get over it and be a man" ... Thats very funny coming from the chronic fagots and boy/girl baby abductors white males tend to be...



This is racist bull#

What if someone said all blacks are crackheads or all Indians are drunks?

This is no different



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Let everyman be judged by his own actions, and not by his ancestors. Every group of people in this planet has had a terrible injustice done to them at some point in history do they all deserved compensation? Should the grandsons and granddaughters of bank robbers be forced to pay back the money thier grandfathers stole?

You want reparations? how about the few hundred thousand who died in the civil war to free the slaves, are their lives not enough? Many whites along with many backs do not harbor feelings of racism or hatred, why should people with good in their hearts pay for the evil of their forebearers?

The truth is we all owe eachother for the collective sins of humanity, and we will spend the rest of history atoning for the mistakes of the past. But we can not keep dredging up that past in hopes of finding solace or reason, we must stand on our own and build the future as one people.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by TheEXone]



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You see I am just doing what white people do... Make loose stereotypes about people, broadcast it over and over until it becomes the truth.... pretty f**ked up huh....


Now statistically speaking most molestors tend to be white males, that does not mean other races don't commit such acts...But you can't handle that truth

You would rather complain about a few blacks who get jobs or go to school... You white people have the power to change laws such that any person who wanted a quality education could have one, or full employment for the nation....Generally a poor, uneducated person is a drain or society.


But your greedy hearts won't allow it. Greed and excessive violence has gotten you where you are....

But greed will do you in.... You screw each other over with no regard for moral principles yet you act as if some black guy was the cause of your troubles....get real...

Blacks are not sending your jobs to india, china, mexico
Blacks are not over running your borders.
Blacks are not stealing millions from employees retirement..

You run around hunting terrorist, but refuse to get off the crude oil nipple...

No I am not racist...I have to much sence to hate someone soley based on race... But I am a realist



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I feel kind of bad about affirmative action, particularily because I took advantage of it. Being half mexican, I was able to become accepted into a top-tier university. I dunno, I've got mixed feelings about this issue.



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The thing i don't understand about racism is the fact if a group of white people attack a black person its a racist attack, but if its the other way around its not a racist attack. Plus if a black person stands up and says "im proud to be black" everyone will cheer and say he's brave. But if i was to stand up and say "im proud to be white" i would be labelled as a racist.
Every race gets the same amount of racism so its hard to sort this # out. we can never get rid off it, in the words of Insane Clown Posse;

"# skin color everybodies blue
Then what would all these bigots do?
Instead of your tone, they'd hate your size"



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by turnercf
You see I am just doing what white people do... Make loose stereotypes about people, broadcast it over and over until it becomes the truth.... pretty f**ked up huh....


Now statistically speaking most molestors tend to be white males, that does not mean other races don't commit such acts...But you can't handle that truth

You would rather complain about a few blacks who get jobs or go to school... You white people have the power to change laws such that any person who wanted a quality education could have one, or full employment for the nation....Generally a poor, uneducated person is a drain or society.


But your greedy hearts won't allow it. Greed and excessive violence has gotten you where you are....

But greed will do you in.... You screw each other over with no regard for moral principles yet you act as if some black guy was the cause of your troubles....get real...

Blacks are not sending your jobs to india, china, mexico
Blacks are not over running your borders.
Blacks are not stealing millions from employees retirement..

You run around hunting terrorist, but refuse to get off the crude oil nipple...

No I am not racist...I have to much sence to hate someone soley based on race... But I am a realist





More racist bull# all whites do this and all whites do that waaaaa waaaaa

You say I dont hate anybody because of race but the mean old white man done been mean to me......LOL

Admit it YOU, not all miniorties, YOU, dont want equality you want special treatment because it is easier to blame whitey than to get up off your lazy ass and do something about your life. You are the one that cant handle the truth, which is that all of that bull# is just a copout to keep from having to take control of your life.

You can bitch and whine and moan and it does not change the fact that they are MORE whites living in poverty than blacks because we make up a greater portion of the population.

What makes a poor black any more deserving of help than a poor white or anyone else?

Doing something JUST because of someones skin color is called what? Can you say RACIST.

Or is it OK as long as the racisim is only toward whites?

And I have the power?

You dumass I work in a freaking chicken plant. How much power do you think I have?

I agree that EVERYONE should have a chance for a good edcution but NO ONE should get jack-# JUST because he is black, white, brown, or #ing orange.

Oh wait being white I have the magic power to make it all happen I will just wave my Whitey wand and presto


Grow up

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by Amuk]



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If all people took each person as they were upon meeting, made a judgement and moved forward from that judgement without violence or emotion, do you think we would have the problem this dumb thread topic has raised???



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think turner missed the idea that there are more poor white americans than any other race in America.

Oh well. I guess wanting to enjoy what we earn is greedy and selfish too.

No rest for the weary I guess.

Once we trounce the idiots we have on here more come to fill the spaces.



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No one is getting reparations! Most of us are so mixed up racially, that the U.S. Government cannot sort us out.
I am Black, with almost-all-white Caucasian-type hair, fair complexion and GREEN eyes! Sure.....I am Black.....BUT will anyone see it?
Since I have been retired I have had TWO arguments with White ladies who don't believe that I am Black. It gets even more complicated when I can prove my race was changed.

No one living now caused slavery or segregation. Too much time has gone since those events happened. White people are not getting reparations, either. Reparations are not given to the "rulling class". (The majority race)
Caucasians still have the benefits of being "White" in many areas of life.
I have been both Black and White in the same lifetime, so I know BOTH sides of this race issue.



posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
When I was "Black", I had a hard time getting an apartment. One landlord even came to where I worked to GIVE ME BACK THE DEPOSIT I MADE. WHEN HE FOUND HIS WIFE HAD RENTED TO A BLACK WOMAN, HE NEARLY S*** IN HIS PANTS!
What it means to LOOK White is that.....I don't have to worry about where I live anymore. I don't get called names. I don't have to wonder if I'll be accepted into social groups.
So far, the only disadvantage I have is that I have to tell people I will be around a lot that I am really Black....like telling my boyfriend, for example. I usually tell it early, so that people KNOW and don't have a hissy-fit if they meet my relatives.
Oddly enough, SOME Black people don't like me, because I do have an advantage.
I DIDN'T CHANGE MY COLOR. I am not responsible for what the government and aliens did to me.



posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
When I was "Black", I had a hard time getting an apartment. One landlord even came to where I worked to GIVE ME BACK THE DEPOSIT I MADE. WHEN HE FOUND HIS WIFE HAD RENTED TO A BLACK WOMAN, HE NEARLY S*** IN HIS PANTS!
What it means to LOOK White is that.....I don't have to worry about where I live anymore. I don't get called names. I don't have to wonder if I'll be accepted into social groups.
So far, the only disadvantage I have is that I have to tell people I will be around a lot that I am really Black....like telling my boyfriend, for example. I usually tell it early, so that people KNOW and don't have a hissy-fit if they meet my relatives.
Oddly enough, SOME Black people don't like me, because I do have an advantage.
I DIDN'T CHANGE MY COLOR. I am not responsible for what the government and aliens did to me.



What a load of crap. That was a good story. I don't even know what you could possibly have wrong with you to say that.



posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   


I DIDN'T CHANGE MY COLOR. I am not responsible for what the government and aliens did to me.



Are you Michal Jackson?



posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Still waiting for your reply to an "actual" responce I made to this silly thread.

Anytime now.


Must take a long time to collect his thoughs guys.



posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Ya know, the author of this illustrious thread bitched a moaned about no one actually posting a real arguement.

So I broke down and wrote one.

What do I get? Nothing.

Little dude ran away.

~sigh~


You are about as intelligent as a rock. I asked serious questions. Answer them. You posted before about how you supported affirmative action and its regulations. So tell me "oh smart one". What are some of these regulations, and what effect do they have on the economy. What effect do they have on you. Give me something to work with. What was your argument? All you said was that you supported it. Why? I don't think you even know. I don't think you know much at all about reality.

By the way, you are the one who is bitching and moaning. The funny thing is that you have no clue why. I would imagine you are one of those followers with a built in chip on their shoulder though. Think for yourself someday. Its a little harder than letting Jessie Jackson do it for you, but worth it in the end.



posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Still waiting for your reply to an "actual" responce I made to this silly thread.

Anytime now.


Must take a long time to collect his thoughs guys.


Still waiting for one example...besides refering to me as a disgruntled white boy..... come one now...give me some information on the effects that it has on you and the economy. Fire away. Ill just sit here and collect my thoughts.



posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ok fine.

Affermative Action is not racist because intent has a good portion in that claim.

AA was a program established in a time most young disgruntled white boys weren't alive to remember and don't recognize the intensity of what was going on less than 40 years ago.

The program has worked although I think at this stage in the game, the true victims are those who are in poor areas (rural as well as Urban).

The schools recieve money mostly from the personal property tax in the area, which means the richer the area the richer/better the schools.

This transends race and in the transition period in which I would like to see national and state school reform on a major scale, I would propose that AA be afforded for college to areas that have been lackluster in performance and ability.

As for AA in the workplace, I find that minorities have quite a bit of legal power in the past 15 years at least. I don't feel that blanket policies apply any more, but rather to let the judicial system take care of the individual problems (which incidentally I think they are already taken to the courts, not always successfully though).

That's my thoughts.

I'll just repost this since you failed to notice that it has provided more insight and information than the culmination of your posts in this entire thread.




[Edited on 5-4-2004 by KrazyJethro]



posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thanks for reposting that. I already read it. It has what I like to refer to as opinions in it. Nothing based on fact.

Let me ask you one final time before I realize that your mental capacity is truly to far below mine to have an intelligent discussion based on facts and numbers.

I'll just twiddle my thumbs while I'm running away from you for a little longer. Anyone else who has relevant information on this topic is free to join in. I have a feeling Jethro over hear is going to need some help.

[Edited on 4/5/2004 by Seapeople]



posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If you are showing how stupid AA and being racist to not be racist is than I agree,

But if you are really saying whites should be given ANY spiecal treatment than I dont



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join