It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reparations

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
This is an excellent summation of the Colonel. Kudos to you, sir.

Hey KJ, here is a moist towel to clean yourself up with.

You can keep it.

Well now. I know it's a rare thing on this board (at least in this section), but I think honestly looking at a man's words and talking about what you see there is in no way asskissing.

As a matter of fact I can respect the opposition (which Colonel more often than not is to me).

Bet you can't eat fiddy eggs.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What do you guys think of this:

Is it a possibility that people in this country who are considered minorities do worse in school and score less on tests such as the "SAT" because they are being pandered to?

I know that all kinds of people are going to lash out at that statement, but it is fact. Minorities do not do as well in school as "non-minorities".

Is it possible that lower admission standards in colleges could be sustaining this problem? Companies with any type of quota system are required to hire minorities in some cases. Even if there are legal ways to make this non-direct hiring, it still occurs. Is it possible, that with affirmative action's goal of making it easier for minorities, comes along less production and drive from the people it is trying to help?

Could it be possible that much more plays into this as well. Teachers who get down on a colored student for poor grades could be branded racist. I know for a fact some employers are fearful of firing minorities who are not productive for reasons like this. Could fear of special intrest groups in general be cause for alarm in this area? Could it be putting companies, and schools at a basic disadvantage due to lost production?

In your opinion, is it possible that these types of cases exist. Is it possible that this whole affirmative action idea is giving minorities a greater disadvantage in the long run? Maybe, making it easier for someone allows them to not work as hard from the start. Which might make it harder down the line when they need that extra drive.

My opinion is that this is absolutely the case.

Here are some random information links, and note that they are all related to this topic. You may have to read into them a little though. There is information to support both sides of this argument.

www.thehoya.com...

www.oregonlive.com.../base/front_page/1081253002257210.xml

www.azcentral.com...

www.dailyillini.com...

www.soyouwanna.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ok, well I'll respond to myself then. I think that this is absolutely the case. Even though it is hard to admit it.

I think that taking away affirmative action standards will not only make for a generally more productive society, but also remove one more giant race divider that is present in our society today.

Thats just my opinion. Someone else has got to have an opinion too.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
To solve the education problem we need to start in Grade school or even pre-school, to wait till they get to college is not the answer.

If it is taken care of there than there will be no need of AA at any level because everyone will be getting a good education and a fair shot at the prize.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
To solve the education problem we need to start in Grade school or even pre-school, to wait till they get to college is not the answer.

If it is taken care of there than there will be no need of AA at any level because everyone will be getting a good education and a fair shot at the prize.

I think a big problem is parenting. You are right though. Children who would be considered minorities are not less capable. They are just preconditioned to think that way (my opinion). I know several successful people who might fall into that category.

Children all have the same types of big dreams. I wanna be an astronaut, I wanna be a police officer ect. when they are at that age. What needs to be done better is convincing them that is possible. If people like Jessie Jackson were not running around making it seem like the white man is keeping them down, maybe they would be better able to accomplish these dreams. They are just as capable as the next child.

Also, I think it is a general culture of hatred. I think white people are hated by most black people. Listen to the music and the words of popular rap songs for instance. I believe there was a song by 2-Pac called changes that describes the exact attitude I am referring too. Everyone should read the lyrics to that.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

think a big problem is parenting. You are right though. Children who would be considered minorities are not less capable. They are just preconditioned to think that way (my opinion). I know several successful people who might fall into that category.

I think some people do try to do just that because it is in their best interest to keep this going. But I think part of it is cultural, asians make up about the same percentage of the population in my town as blacks but not only far outpace blacks but also far outpace whites, who have a lot larger base and all the advantages of being "whitey".

I dont think it has anything to do with them being smarter but more to do with them being taught to STUDY more. But even then you are just talking about overall percentages not person to person. I know when I was growing up someone who studied too much was a geek and got his ass kicked often, I dont think they have that type of attitude toward it.

As far as blacks hating whites I have seen a little of it, just like I have seen whites that hate blacks. There is idiots in both races and I dont waste my time worring about them. And I dont think "Most" whites or blacks hate each other, I just think there is a lot of distrust between the two.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well, why is AA seen as good? Awww, you black? Here, go to college cause we know you aren't good enough to make it on your own. Have a job you couldn't get cause you aren't good enough.

Wow, how stupid is this? Oh, you black? You aren't good enough to get into college, we have to let you in. This makes the blacks who do make it in due to smarts and trying are seen as less cause they are black, everyone just goes oh he got in cause he black. Why did the black guy get a great job? Maybe he got it for doing a good job, but no one will care cause he's black, he got the job cause he's black. Maybe he didn't, but with AA everyone thinks he got it for being black.

AA hurts blacks, doesn't help them. If a black man or woman was to do something great, would anyone know it? Or would it be oh look, she/he got it cause of AA. No black person can accomplish anything, cause with AA it is given to them. Even if they do deserve it does anyone think that? No, they got it because of AA.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
BECAUSE THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT COULD BE PAID TO COVER FOR 400 YEARS SLAVERY! I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND I SAY IT NOW!

400 years of slavery, you cant sue the govement for 400 years of slavery cause the govemnt wasnt around for 400 years. you'd have to sue england, and then the states in the south that had slaves. not the US govement

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

BECAUSE THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT COULD BE PAID TO COVER FOR 400 YEARS SLAVERY! I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND I SAY IT NOW!

400 years of slavery, you cant sue the govement for 400 years of slavery cause the govemnt wasnt around for 400 years. you'd have to sue england, and then the states in the south that had slaves. not the US govement

Excellent point. These people act as if slavery does not go on even today. Sometimes I have no idea how someone could be so turned off to reality. I guess some people have such a large chip on their shoulder that they actually cannot see something through a logical and thoughtful perspective.

Hopefully these people will someday see how their views make them appear lazy. Almost like those people who go to restaurants and burn themselves on purpose. Always looking for a handout.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
you aree so begging me to rip you a new one, eh?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Why yes...begging I am.....

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Still a bag of wind.

Seapeople, I have an idea. Are you of german descent? Well, I am. My people were enslaved, murdered, and wrangled for over a thousand years by the Romans. I htink that has you beat colonel, unless you want to sue african and mid-east muslim states that enslaved your people long before europeans did. Pitiful. I think seapeople's original intent for this thread wasn't to appear pro-nazi, but to make mush-heads that cry for handouts think a little. Nice thread, seapeople.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Listen, racist. This thread was simply to call me out. It serves no other purpose. Seapeople started it with the specific intent to lie about me and reparations which I have proved false and he, as usual, is still elft holding the bag, trying to figure out another way to get to me. You people make me want to vomit.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well, Colonel...maybe then give the white people some credit. I mean if two old white ladies were kidnapped overseas, the white people would say: "Let's go get those ladies and bring them back! They're Americans dammit!"

Blacks have been prisoners here for 400+ years, and I've never even seen a rowboat come from Africa.

So if no reparations are possible, then what? You won't accept that people believe it was wrong of past generations to do what they did. You won't accept understanding. You won't accept an apology. You like it because you're a hater and it gives you a reason to hate. It fuels your racism.

You like to lump every white person into the "slave-owner" catagory when all of them alive had nothing to do with it. What if one of your ancestors commited a crime? Do we hold your whole family or race accountable forever? Would we constantly point it out to you, what a criminal you are? Refuse to accept that it was not you who did the crime? Do we hate Germans forever for what they did to the Jews? Do we still hate the Japanese for Pearl Harbor? Do they hate us forever for the Nagasaki? Do we keep hating the Romans (Italians) for concuring most of the world?

Where does it stop? Where is the forgiveness like in the bible that you like to quote so much? You seem to believe in the good book to the letter, unless it comes to this issue and then you only believe in persecution and hate.

You're a hypocritic.
A racial hate-monger.
No better than a KKK member on Jerry Springer.

Go ahead now monkey-boy, impress us all with more hatred, more hypocracy, more bible quotes...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Where does it stop? Where is the forgiveness like in the bible that you like to quote so much? You seem to believe in the good book to the letter, unless it comes to this issue and then you only believe in persecution and hate.

You are the hater and doesn't want to admit it. You come here trolling for me when I want nothing to do with this thread. But, people like YOU and Seapeople want just want to com here and troll for me to spew crap.

And what do I beleive in? I believe in justice. If you have kidnapped and destroyed a nation of people, you should pay for that. If you anihilate a country, as we are doing now in Iraq, you should pay for it. That's just my view. No hate in that but, you would consider it so b/c it is against YOUR interests.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Listen, racist. This thread was simply to call me out. It serves no other purpose. Seapeople started it with the specific intent to lie about me and reparations which I have proved false and he, as usual, is still elft holding the bag, trying to figure out another way to get to me. You people make me want to vomit.

This thread was not intended to call you out. I hadn't posted on this site for several months. I only posted this because I had a discussion about it in reality with a coworker. Don't think you are that special...although, I will admit it is fun aggitating you on occasion.

I am not a racist, by the way. Condi for president!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Underling

Still a bag of wind.

Seapeople, I have an idea. Are you of german descent? Well, I am. My people were enslaved, murdered, and wrangled for over a thousand years by the Romans. I htink that has you beat colonel, unless you want to sue african and mid-east muslim states that enslaved your people long before europeans did. Pitiful. I think seapeople's original intent for this thread wasn't to appear pro-nazi, but to make mush-heads that cry for handouts think a little. Nice thread, seapeople.

Thank you, at least someone can see where I am coming from.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Listen, racist. This thread was simply to call me out. It serves no other purpose.

How did you know he was racist Colonel? Was it the way he typed? His avatar?

Hmmm, yeah...I saw this guy last week. I knew he was a racist. I could just tell. Oh and I saw another guy this morning. What do you call them again? Oh yeah, the ones you like to call "faggots" and "homos". I remember that is what you said. Anyway, I saw one of those too. I just know it.

"You are the hater and doesn't want to admit it."
Hahahaha....point, point, point that finger hater.

"You come here trolling for me when I want nothing to do with this thread. But, people like YOU and Seapeople want just want to com here and troll for me to spew crap."
You are dead right! I come here and troll for you to spew crap. Just like you said. Guilty!

"And what do I beleive in? I believe in justice."
So what is this "cosmic justice" for you? Kill everyone? Ropes from tress? Burn some homes? Persecution? Hate? Please, enlighten all of us with an original thought of how your "justice" would work. I think everyone here would be shocked if you could.

"If you have kidnapped and destroyed a nation of people, you should pay for that."
How exactly did we destroy Africa? Interesting. And how did I personally play a part in that?

"If you anihilate a country, as we are doing now in Iraq, you should pay for it."
Now Iraq.... So they annihilate Kuwait and steal people and treasure from the country. They kill and imprison the Kurds for religious beliefs. Who makes tham pay? Did they pay after the first war? Hmmm...when asked to give access to weapons programs, they stalled for how many years?

Riiiight! Tell you what then...your "justice" from me is in the mail. Enjoy and we'll call it good.

"That's just my view. No hate in that but, you would consider it so b/c it is against YOUR interests."

You can dish out stereotype, but when it's done to you? Oh my...

You signature says it all....proud of your hate. So in the end you are a hypocrite, exactly what you claim to fight. Exactly the kind of person you claim to be against. Always pointing the finger, but when the finger comes your way...then it was unjust and how dare they?

You know...your monkey-boy antics are a joke. It must be so wonderful to be able to debate everything and never be wrong. I have been wrong and can admit that. You? Well, you're just belligerent.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

[You signature says it all....proud of your hate. So in the end you are a hypocrite, exactly what you claim to fight. Exactly the kind of person you claim to be against. Always pointing the finger, but when the finger comes your way...then it was unjust and how dare they?

I hate repugnants? I don't see a problem with that being that they are lying, conniving, bullying racist bastards and all your vomitous spewings will not change the facts. I hate evil---that's all. I don't see a problem with that.

It must be so wonderful to be able to debate everything and never be wrong.

It is

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You are the hater and doesn't want to admit it. You come here trolling for me when I want nothing to do with this thread. But, people like YOU and Seapeople want just want to com here and troll for me to spew crap.

And what do I beleive in? I believe in justice. If you have kidnapped and destroyed a nation of people, you should pay for that. If you anihilate a country, as we are doing now in Iraq, you should pay for it. That's just my view. No hate in that but, you would consider it so b/c it is against YOUR interests.

WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD YOUR HORSES.......

Did you just say that if our country did something to another country years ago, that we should pay for it???? Tell me again that you do not support reparations... I want to laugh.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join