It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CepheidVariable

And a fitting 2 cents at that. Thank you!
The chakral release i think is a key point here and like you said whether or not that energy was being fed upon is an individual experience. I am thinking now that my experience was mistaken as an attack or feeding by an entity who was a watcher and a gatekeeper to the spiritual realm. This is not to assume the being had good intention or bad but ONLY what attributes i projected onto it.
In my case i assumed since energy was rising out of my base chakra and an entity was present in the area that IT must be the cause of that energy being released and i jumped even further to assume IT was evil and FEEDING off that energy because i was afraid.
It would seem my responsibility to see the gatekeeper entity who guards the spirit realm as a friend and to offer it unconditional love(like any living thing), instead i made it out to be the enemy, an attacker who meant me harm but i had no proof or FEELING of that.
I am still learning!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Has anyone pointed out the commonly held belief that 3AM is considered "dead time" or the unholy hour (supposed the anti hour of Jesus' death) where spritual darkness is said to be at it's strongest activity. I've heard many Christians who consider themselves "spiritual warriors" have woken up unexpectedly many times exactly or very close to 3am and felt compelled to start praying. My mom, for one, has told me about this experience on more than a few occasions before I actually had to explain to her the belief in "dead time".

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Eagertolearn

Awesome reply Eadertolearn, thank you!
I think your experience has validated the science of mind behind sleep paralysis. I think what i saw was a real Archetype, a real Form which i am now trying to understand as a gatekeeper to the higher levels of mind or spirit world.
This form, can be given any attributes the mind choses and when a person wakes up paralyzed which is not normal and frightening to experience, they are quick to model that Form as something; Not normal and Frightening.
And will continue to see that form until their brain starts using its power to run the rest of the body again at which point our ability to use our higher brain functioning to see the spirit world (where we can manifest thoughts/fears instantly) is then shut down for the purposes of normal body functioning.
Still learning and exploring the many possibilities! This is turning into a wonderfully enjoyable experience and the frightening aspects of it have totally gone from me as i am now able to theorize and practice and learn more about these Forms and Worlds as they relate to Spirit and brain functioning.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by borachon
Has anyone pointed out the commonly held belief that 3AM is considered "dead time" or the unholy hour (supposed the anti hour of Jesus' death) where spritual darkness is said to be at it's strongest activity. I've heard many Christians who consider themselves "spiritual warriors" have woken up unexpectedly many times exactly or very close to 3am and felt compelled to start praying. My mom, for one, has told me about this experience on more than a few occasions before I actually had to explain to her the belief in "dead time".

The matter of 3am being a "insert cultural/religious term"-hour has been pointed out in the thread yes, and my mother as well considers herself a spiritual warrior who is often awoken at 3am and compelled to pray.
Her experiences with Sleep Paralysis are mild and the Form she sees is a shadowy figure which is a common attribute given to the entity that awaits your arrival in their realm at that said hour when it is most accessible.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
hey i have just read your thread and it seemed pretty similar to my experiance please check out this thread! and tell me what you think

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keeping the faith

TheSkepticSway

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
I keep coming across the 'shaking bed experience'. I've read a dozen experiences on ATS of people waking up in a shaking bed, and elsewhere too (one example being Mick Marrs of Motley Crue in their autobiography book).

My experience seemed to predict the small UK earthquake at the beginning of this year. I made a thread about it here. Here's what happened:

I went to sleep listening to music by a group called Equimanthorn. This is significant because the music is intended as Sumerian magickal ritual soundtrack. I awoke an hour later at 1am to see a dark shadow figure up near my ceiling above the bed. It quickly disappeared but I noticed the bed was shaking quite vigorously. I sat up and turned on the light but the bed was still shaking for another minute or so.

No paralysis, no sexual connotations. Incidentally, a week later, at exactly 1am the bed shook again, but this time it was an actual earthquake. I get the feeling that I somehow warded the spirit off. I wouldn't consider myself very open, vulnerable or susceptible to spiritual influence or observation so perhaps my skepticism was enough to frighten the spirit off.

My bed shakes from time to time (no pun intended)

Sometimes if I speak or ask a question Yes/no the bed will shake quite strongly for a yes & will stop for a no...

Strange how the other side sometimes chooses to communicate.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
iv had these same experiances all through out my life ,i ve heard them called ,a witch on your back,,,and other things,,if there is some way you can ontact me i can relate to you everything i know and what has happend to me since,, first of all, didnt it feel like there was something or some one hovering around your face ,,you know the feeling ,did it feel like you where being compressed by a huge weight,did it feel like an energy was traveling up your spine and if you let it happen, something was gonna happen?does it feel like what ever it is, takes a while to find you after moving or something like that? i have had it happen with another person laying right in my lap fully contious?

any way im gonna try to give you my adress if you can id like to talk more with you on this,,and if any one knows where we can go to talk to other people who have had this happen to them also?
or if anyone knows who we can talk to about this ,i know id like to know

past_from_future at yahoo dot com

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

By the way I'm very glad you didn't take my post as a discredit to your own experience, I will admit I am inclined to lean more on the physical "scientific" reasons, but to do so would also make me a bit of a hypocrit, because let's face ignorance is abundant, and we can only hope to fully grasp reality around us in full understanding. I fear we are to quick to jump the gun most times and automatically rush to conclusions. For the sake of the thread, I'll share one of the opinions I had for my experience seeing as you are more into this sort of stuff.

A mueslim friend of mine said it was a Genie (don't ask) apperantly there's good and bad ones, they have complete power over our reality and prevent themselves and or create realities around us that seem or are incredably different from a normal moment in ones life (sleep paralysis with say an encounter...). His interpretation was that since i'm not relegious in any way, the "genie" was showing me "hell" and what would await me should I not convert. I will admit I fuond this rather amusing considering, but I restrained my self from laughter and to this day still don't believe him or intend to research it further.

Another point on hellucinations, my best friend of 15 odd years, had a dangerous case a miningitus (spelling? I'm very tired), where he had some algi looking substance growing on his skin and was unable to be woken, now this is very common for the disease he had, although one morning at around 3am [(I realise this is the devils hour and the hightened paranormal blah blah blah -the exorsicim of emily rose...) Don't believe in it sorry], anyways he woke up and could swear by his life he could hear drumming and singing, he peared out his window and there was a tribe war drumming and dancing with a fire next to his pool... and when he looked inside he saw leprachauns *again spelling?) running around, he described it as real as in he would swear on his mothers grave it was real his eyes saw it in full colour, depth speed and resembled to him what the real counterparts would of.

Now I use this example only to illustrate the strength of hullicinations, I personally have never hellucinated and am kinda bummed out about it, I reckon it would be pretty cool, but since I don't do drugs or have any paranormal experience guess I'll just sit back and read other opinions.

But in short my point again is the power of the mind to manifest would it wants. Consider it as I am considering your theory, there is some trippy ***** in this world, might as well accept it. Good luck to you and as I have learned to control never let fear run you. ciao.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If it looked like a grey alien, are you sure it was a demon, rather than an uninvited visitor carrying out its routine, but not welcome procedures?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
If it looked like a grey alien, are you sure it was a demon, rather than an uninvited visitor carrying out its routine, but not welcome procedures?

When giving a description of the being i ran into the problem Immediately of being aware that my imagination played a part in its appearance.
The thing im certain of was its existence as a Form, over which i laid my own fearful attributes/characteristics. I am aware of what a gray looks like so i slapped that on the Forms appearance with the power of my brain/imagination.
This is my current understanding/belief.
My understanding does not include whether or not it was invited or unwelcome or irregular to my nightly physical/spiritual state with the difference this time being my observation of it. Basically is this being there every night every day does it follow me does it need me. and the answer im coming to is only if i allow it to and only if i need it to.

If i can conquer my fears and enter other spiritual realms with my higher levels of brain functioning while under body paralysis then this Form does not need to GUARD the portal to other realms and can take on the appearance of a beautiful loving GUIDE if I chose. This is MY current understanding of how this phenomenon operates.
[edit for spelling]

[edit on 27-11-2008 by s0ndernet]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Why don't you make a drawing of the demon or whatever and show people what it looked like.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Umm, just because you did drugs previously does not mean the OP was on drugs at the time he experienced this. As more has been uncovered about body and brain "chemistry" old myths relating to the extent drugs stay in the body has been erased.

Now, if the individual had just eaten several tabs of acid that day...I'm with ya.

If he/she hadn't done psychedelics in years...different story.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Don't we all..... uffffff !!!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My uncle once told me that when he has a kid a figure similar to the one you described woke him up and played with his toys before making him fall asleep again. He said he could see the figure was then entering my grandmother’s room but he couldn’t move. When he woke up he made the face he saw with clay. My grandmother was freaked out when she saw it and broke it. I think she had seen it before. They moved later for unrelated reasons and never saw it again. This happened to my uncle almost 30+ years ago. They were in Cuba at the time.

Similarly, my mother once told me about an acquaintance of hers who said she was raped by an invisible, short man. The woman said this happened for almost a year. It stopped for her when she became more spiritual and accepted her faith. She was an agnostic before. The most notable part of her story was that she was only able to see him after she asked it to show her. What she described was similar to the descriptions given.

I have heard stories of South American people believing in Goblin like demons that lived inside the earth and would steal newly wed wives in their sleep. It is scary how old they are too. Spaniards who were posted in the Inca Empire's former territory, were surveying the land and discovered evil looking creatures emerging from a cave. They sealed it up with huge iron gates and sent a priest to bless it. I have seen images of it on ATS before on a thread about subterranean aliens I think. Maybe related.

In any case good luck. I’ll say a prayer for you. Keep it up. Hold it down.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebarud
Why don't you make a drawing of the demon or whatever and show people what it looked like.

I appreciate your interest but your not the first person to ask this and you obviously have not read the entire thread. Including where i have mentioned that the Form i saw was given characteristics by my fearful mind state and imagination and not the appearance of the form itself.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rintendo
reply to post by lee anoma

Umm, just because you did drugs previously does not mean the OP was on drugs at the time he experienced this. As more has been uncovered about body and brain "chemistry" old myths relating to the extent drugs stay in the body has been erased.

Now, if the individual had just eaten several tabs of acid that day...I'm with ya.

If he/she hadn't done psychedelics in years...different story.

Thank you for your intelligent reply!
And the case is as you said, a "different story" as i have not taken psychedelics in some time.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
For a minute i took this guy seriously but when i got to the line where he says it was the first night he told his "creator" that he was a willing soldier of "light" that he had this "battle" with this "demon". 1 who says your creator isnt the "evil guy" and u just pissed him off saying u want to fight for the "light" and 2 ur genitals were vibrating? whats the problem with that? lol

[edit on 27-11-2008 by JustInCase101]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet
I don't hope to ever have this happen again and i am certainly not going to go taping my bedroom every night to help disprove the disbelief of a common phenomenon.

The most real explanation i've been offered today as to why i was able to see the being was that in my few seconds of waking i had "spirit vision" where we are able to see part of the spirit plane as we shift in and out of sleep and waking consciousness. I tend to agree with that theory and it would seem that maybe the being didn't disappear i was just no longer able to see it after a matter of seconds, being then fully awake and aware.

If I was experiencing anything like what you folks experience, I would want to know the exact nature of the beast. I'd be taping everynight until I could provide the answer -- was this demon physical or was it a mind-created image?

You've appear to be comfortable with an 'offered explaination', but I don't understand your unwillness to investigate further. I guess it's just differences in people......

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

i've heard this somewhere about the sucking energy from genital area, Also i can completly understand your prayer (soldier) etc when you next pray on our creator say highest creator (light)
also go to be with some crystals under pillow around bed whatever u feel ok with strenghten your (chakra's) also

I send forth to your my highest blessings in the knowing your light will brightenx......"Simple Blessings"

Sunx

[edit on 27-11-2008 by sunflowerjj]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join