It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I want to share this story with people while its fresh in my mind, it happened approx 3.5 hours prior to the time of this posting. And i would appreciate some sharing of experiences or even theorizing on the topic but please dont bash me and be gentle this is a fresh wound per say.

I have not experienced sleep paralysis since i was a child, during which time i had developed life threatening cancer and a tumor on my heart.

I awoke after an interrupted dream at 3am, I lucid dream nightly and this dream was CUT OFF midway and a bright electronic light was waived over my face/eyes out of nowhere in my dreamstate at which point i saw a silver car pulled up to the room i was in and i looked out the window at it.
Then awoke from my dream:
Instantly my eyes open, body paralyzed, face up, head turned left. And i can feel a vibrational force of energy being sucked out of my genital region, upward. My bed is vibrating and shaking lightly with a similar sensation to the buzzing vibration around my genitals. (Shaking in a way i cannot replicate now with all my force shaking the bed and intent to do so)
My right eye is still blinded from this light waived over it in what i perceived to be my dream. I am now aware that i can only see out of my left eye which is smashed to a pillow.
I'm frightened, compressed breathing and within seconds of my eyes opening I recognize I'm paralyzed, similar to my childhood experiences.

I turned my eyes first to break the paralysis then my neck and head to face upright forward to see a small multidimensional being sitting atop the end of my bed frame, it made an evil smirk and disappeared before my eyes.

It was very real and it was not as science explains sleep paralysis which are hallucinations.
I was awake when i saw this being, this was NO hallucination, i've done my fair share of psychedelics and i know that this was not a 'trip' or vision.

I've not been one to give credence to 'evil forces' or things like this as much as 'good forces' and i do recognize the dualist good/evil world we live in.

The only thing i did differently before going to bed last night was recognize my creator and reminded myself and my creator that i am a willing warrior/soldier in the spiritual army of light/good what have you.
I then said a few prayers for friends and family who are struggling in life.
Most nights i don't pray but because of a discussion earlier in the night regarding spirituality i thought to spend time doing so.
I think in offering to be a soldier i set myself up for a battle, it wasn't even 2 hours after praying this that i awoke to this experience.
I spoke to my father before he left for work an 2 hours after the experience, he prays A LOT, i know this, and he was awoken at 3am and reminded to pray, after i told him this experience he was startled and promised to continue to pray for my protection, for which i am thankful.
Fear does not control me and i live my life intentionally with focus on unconditional love.

This experience is going to take a lot of milling over to fully grasp but i will say that i now have a personal experience to prove (for myself) certain aspects of spiritual realms of which i could only speculate before.

Let it be said, i do not intend to let this scare tactic by the forces of evil stand in my way of my purpose and promise to be a warrior for good.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
[edit title, "atop" instead of "in"

[edit on 26-11-2008 by s0ndernet]
Mod Edit: All Caps in Titles– Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/30/2008 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

Instantly my eyes open, body paralyzed, face up, head turned left. And i can feel a vibrational force of energy being sucked out of my genital region, upward. My bed is vibrating and shaking lightly with a similar sensation to the buzzing vibration around my genitals.

MODs...

Doesn't this belong in the Short Story forum..?

Mod Note: ATS Gripe/Idea – Please Use This Link.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
holy crap! man
sure does sound scary!
about the part when u woke up at 3 am, I have no idea why but almost every night I suddenly wake up at 3 am while i hear some noice down the hall way (i live in a dorm, only have a room,its like school place)
Its kinda disturbing.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
MODs...

I think this is actually being presented as something that really happened...not fiction. I dunno. The line about praying to the creator and offering to be a spritual warrior kinda threw me...who does that?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I recall a number of times when for no reason at all, I would wake up just lying there in bed, and could not move, as if some force or energy was keeping my body still and there was absolutely nothing I could do but lie there and wait. Sometimes the experience would last up to 30 minutes, sometimes shorter.

In every instance of these events, the entire room would seem to have an almost greyish tint, almost like a fog. Now I knew it wasnt from just waking up because I have woken up before and never would see this greyish fog like tint in the room when going to get a drink or to the restroom.

But when these events would occur, and I call em "Wake me up N Keep me down" events, the room would have this strange appearing fog like tint and would fade away when I could move again and actually lift myself out of the bed.

Never seen any demons or other strange entities during the events, but just thought I would throw this in as my 2 cents worth.

Cheers!!!

Mod Edit: Advertising removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 4) Advertising. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 26/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
snip

Sheesh..you sound like your sexually deprived. Stop by anytime and I can cure you of that problem.

Or try going out once in a while.

Cheers!!!!

Mod Edit: Advertising removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 4) Advertising. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 26/11/08 by JAK]

[edit on 30-11-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

wait so was the demon seducing you?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by chapter29
MODs...

I think this is actually being presented as something that really happened...not fiction. I dunno. The line about praying to the creator and offering to be a spritual warrior kinda threw me...who does that?

Yeah Arsenal- don't hate, maybe a sucking of the genital region should be under Peak Oil Board

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
snip
snip

Mod Edit - removed off topic comments

[edit on 30-11-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I woke up with a demon in my bed several times now. It happened when i was out in a club or bar and drank a few shots. In the morning i turn around and bam! a fat ugly "demon" lies in my bed with an evil smirk on her face...

[edit on 26-11-2008 by TimeBandit]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Instantly my eyes open, body paralyzed, face up, head turned left. And i can feel a vibrational force of energy being sucked out of my genital region, upward. My bed is vibrating and shaking lightly with a similar sensation to the buzzing vibration around my genitals.

mmmmmmmm keep going :p

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
First off this isn't a story it was a real event that just happened to me last night secondly.....
Seriously this is all you guys have to offer in response is sexual jokes. wow, anyways thanks to those who shared their experience and/or stayed on topic.
--------------

When i say i lucid dream nightly, i am not exaggerating! I know full well how to control my dreams how to wake up when i want and usually when i wake i have clear mental pictures of events and places in my dreams, and worst the images slowly phase in over the first few minutes of being awake but im aware of hours of dream time and multiple dreams if there were more than one.

The CUT OFF or glitch i experienced in my dream state before waking up to this demon-like being above my bed was like nothing i've ever been aware of in my dreams. Before the experience of having an lighted electronic device waived over my face and eyes i cannot remember ANYTHING i dreamed, nothing.
After the waiving of the light it was as if a still image was implanted into my dream state, this was the car that pulled up, a silver pick up with its headlights on. I broke from that image on purpose to awaken and evaluate my dream expecting it was morning time. But i awoke to the paralysis.

It was as if the being knew i was awakening in the middle of its mischief and tried to implant a dream image in my mind with some lighted device or force in an attempt to distract me while i made a get away.
If i was not as skilled at dreaming as i am and had not recognized QUICKLY (within seconds) that i was experiencing sleep paralysis i would not have turned to look and see this being in time. But i caught the evil thing right in time.
I'm hesitant to describe the being because im not certain how my imagination played into the form i saw. But i could draw it with ease and ill admit that it looked like a 2-3ft tall grey with a bright green hue over its body, this bright green color may have been part of it cloaking out or disappearing im not certain.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by s0ndernet]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Hi "chapter29"
These things DO happen. They are definately evil spirits. Do not be afraid. There are many many stories like yours out there, so don't feel alone. DO say your prayers, especially ask the help and protection of St. Michael the Archangel. If you can obtain some holy water and blessed salt (which carries an exorcism prayer and protects powerfully against evil) sprinkle it in and around your bed.

Sometimes the evil spirits attack in this way when there has been sexual abuse, like being molested when you were a child. So pray against demons of molestaion in Jesus' name, if that's the case.

Ignore the idiots who have NO CHARITY and are TOTALLY NOT FUNNY (except to themselves). They will reap what they sow.

God bless and protect you. I will pray for you.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow.
I remember several times where I laid in bed, and was awoken from a vibration feeling in my genitals as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

This was not at all what i gathered from the experience it was more like a the being was feeding off my energy.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Okay, i apologize for making fun of your story.

I was seeing a neurologist lately for some routine check ups. I asked him about the not able to move issue when waking up, because i had experienced it a few times when i was younger and he told me it's a quite known sympton.
It occurs when only parts of the brain are already awake, while others are still asleep. So you think you are completely awake but you cannot move your body, because the part of the brain which controls your movements is still in sleep mode. The brain is not fully connected to your muscels etc while asleep, otherwise you would do many things which you dream physically in reality.
In this state of partly awakening you can hallucinate and mix up dream and reality. People say that they were 100% awake, but thats an illusion.
When this happens more often combined with other symptoms it can be a form of narcolepsy.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
After reading all the Non-serious replies, let me tell you what happened to me, as I find your story very interesting, and think my story might add to yours.

When i was at Uni, I lived on my own. I skiiped a day of class and took the opportunity to go and visit my 2 younger school going sisters at home. i arrived early and decided to take a nap in my sisters room and asked the house keeper to wake me to pick them up from school.

As I lay there sleeping, I suddenly woke with paralysis, with what I can only describe as a watery figure standing at the foot of the bed looking down at me. I couldn't make out a face or body details, but everything behind the figure looked like it was distorted by water. When explaining it to friends I could only descibe it as what you saw in the movie "preditor".

I could only move my eyes and had a strange sense that this was a male being with evil intent. I was totally freaked out and tried to scream for the house keeper I could see through the slit of the door down the corridor in the kitchen busy ironing. It was asif my voice was gone. I couldnt make a sound.

Suddenly the figure fell down on the bed next to me and actually made a dent in the bedding!! It was like it put its arm around me and in a flash I was knocked out asif under anaesthetic!

I woke with the noise of papers next to me, this same figure was going through papers on my sisters desk asif looking for some kind of documentation. i realised I wasn't under paralysis and started jumping off the bed, at once this being turned around, placed its hand over my chest and pushed me back. Once again knocked out.

When i woke again, it was sitting on top of me, again I was paralysed. There was this very strong sexual sense to his intent. At first I was confused, but later felt like it was easier for him to take over my body through sexual contact. It was like there was a struggle, not physical, but mental. after struggling for some time I was knocked out again.

This time I awoke with what I can only descibe as an outer body experience, viewing the whole room and my body from the corner of the room. This entity was kinda lying ontop of my body but sinking in. Something like viewing the titanic sink. Again there was this inner conflict, fighting him off. Knocked out again. This time awoke in the room, alone, still under paralysis. i could still see the housekeep busy in the kitchen, but couldnt move. kinda felt like he was inside me. I la there for what felt like forever. Worrying who I could tell about this ordeal and who would be able to extract this thing out of me. This time I can only assume i was knocked out again.

Next the housekeeper woke me and said its time to go and pick up my sisters. I was confused, scared, not even sure if it was all a weird dream. I picked up my sisters and my sister mentioned i was very pale asif i had seen a ghost. I only replied with "I slept in your room"

She looked really shocked, and said "So you have also seen him".

Not only both my sisters, but many friends that came over had similair experiences.

Before that day I have never experienced sleep paralysis. But after that, I experienced it very frequently, with every one feeling like something is holding me down.

I moved to the uk a few years back, nothing. After years, woke up with the same thing, This time hearing a kinda mumble in my one ear. I was quite angry, and thought "I cannot hear you, speak up" at which the mumbling became louder..this time slightly more afraid, again thought "SPEAK UP, WHAT DO YOU WANT?" the mumbling remained Giberish, but was very loud this time.

Since then, "sleep paralysis" has been haunting me almost every night.

Now I dunno what it is, but cannot believe its only sleep paralysis. I have done searches and there are numerous threads describing a "preditor"-type entity pushing people down and causing paralysis.

What freaks me is the similarities of others stories.

Hope this makes you feel less alone.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have had these experiences a fair deal and i too experience the 3am thing.
There is something about THAT particular hour . . .

What im confused about is on one hand your saying this is sleep paralysis ,
and then on the other hand your saying its not a hallucination.

So which is it?

I can see how your writings would be viewed as a story, the way that you say this happened to you abit before 3 hours prior to your post and yet you write as if you have told the story to alot of people already . . I dunno just an observation .

I hope your being legit.
Theres some strange things out there that happen to people, sometimes they affect people so much that these people find themselves questioning there very sanity and there is alot of pain that can be involved there .

I also noticed that you speak alot of the Creator as well.. i have seen people do this on here with the goal of making people uneasy in order to pursue some personal hypo-fanatic spiritual vendetta .

Neither position makes for a very hospitable environment should these things occur and so i hope that you are being truthful.

I also notice that you don't mention making or even trying to make any noise with your voice box, its pretty commonplace in highly probable cases that the "Victim" at least tries to exclaim some sort of communication (If not to the intruder then at least to someone else in the vicinity). This is usually followed by them talking about the fact that they were unable to speak or make sound .

Also the thread title reads "I just woke up with a DEMON in my bed" followed by you in the opening post saying that it was sitting on the end of your bed frame .
You say that you immediately realized it was sleep paralysis. If so why would you write that you had a DEMON in big capital letters, IN your bed as opposed to it being sleep paralysis and it being on the end of the bed frame?
Please clarify ..

You seem to be contradicting yourself alot and there are quite a few discrepancies with your recollection . . .

Hope you answer my queries until then ill be analyzing the data in this thread some more .

Omega
Ps. Will be good to see you answer the other members questions too .

[edit on 26/11/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I experience sleep paralysis regularly ( once a month ), I have yet to experience the pressure on the chest phenomenon. I just get scared and feel as though I could let go and die or struggle with every muscle fiber, starting with the most miniscule shakes to wake my body up. I can sometimes mumble and ask for help from my fiance, she can speed the process by moving me up.

Some common variations of the chest pressure phenomenon include:

The Throttler: A being perceived as strangling the experiencer who feels unable to breathe

The Crusher: A being perceived as sitting on the experiencer's chest or suffocating him or her.

The Old Hag: A witch or a phantom being sent by a witch to torment the individual.

Demons: Any sort of entity that is perceived as evil in a religious or spiritual sense. Could be a Dark Man, a Robed, Hooded Figure, etc.

The Incubus/Succubus: An Incubus is a spirit/demon that seeks sex with sleeping females while a Succubus is a spirit/demon that seeks sex with sleeping males. The human partner may enjoy these visits and maintain a long-term relationship with the 'spirit lover'.

Aliens: Beings who paralyze experiencers with technologically sophisticated devices and abduct them. Some experiencers report being physically abducted, while others report that only their spirit was taken (abduction of the Out-of-Body self).

The Dearly Departed: Apparitions of the deceased.

Creatures from Folklore: The folklore of various cultures mention any number of strange beings that paralyze, abduct and interbreed with humans.

I envy you're ability to let go into the lucid dream as I'm pretty sure thats what would await me on the other side of my paralysis struggle.

Peace

The Don

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join